Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 54860 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:44 AM »
Chentlemen, I have found our culprit.

>"Could I have a bit more? A cheese sandwich would be nice to brood over."
>Would Ichirin be likely to have a local area map around? If so, ask for that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:01:58 AM by It's Purvis! »

« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
>"Could I have a bit more? A cheese sandwich would be nice to brood over."
>Would Ichirin be likely to have a local area map around? If so, ask for that.

>"Of course," Ichirin says, getting up and going back towards the pantry.
>You're not certain, but it's not outside the realm of the possible. You decide to ask.
>"I do," she says, fetching bread from the cupboard, "but it's not a very detailed one. The village hall would have a more precise one, with land claims and such marked, if you're hoping you might find some sort of pattern." She reaches for the cheese. "Do you want anything on this? Mustard? Mayonnaise? I have some fresh ham in the ice box; I could slice you some."

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 12:11:13 AM »
>"A bit of ham sounds good, actually. With just a bit of mustard, if you please."

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »
>"A bit of ham sounds good, actually. With just a bit of mustard, if you please."

>"Of course," Ichirin says, moving across the kitchen to the ice box.
>"I wish I had something more helpful to tell you about all this," she says as she fetches the ham and starts cutting it. "But I wanted to call in a Seeker sooner, rather than later. I know some of the farmers wanted to deal with it themselves - start more serious patrols and such, but, well... some of them are still think the culprit's among them. There's been tempers flaring; I think a couple of them had bad blood between them to start with, and this certainly hasn't helped."
>She returns to the table with a the sandwich and places it before you. "Here you go."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2011, 03:23:24 AM »
>"That's how it is sometimes. Personally, I want to think this and the wagon disappearance are related, but I'm not getting that feeling after seeing the evidence, unless this youkai is very sneaky and has a pretty wide range."

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2011, 03:28:56 AM »
>"That's how it is sometimes. Personally, I want to think this and the wagon disappearance are related, but I'm not getting that feeling after seeing the evidence, unless this youkai is very sneaky and has a pretty wide range."

>Ichirin nods. "She didn't sound very... subtle, from Isato's description, either. Leaping out at him in broad daylight. Unless something else provoked her then, although I can't think of what."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:48 AM »
>"Might have problems with horses, might have been starving, might have just been passing through and felt threatened. It's hard to say at this point. I assume no one else has reported anything like that?"
>Sammich it up

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2011, 04:01:46 AM »
>"Anything's possible, I suppose. With a bit of luck, I'll know more tomorrow."
>Does the kitchen have a window? If so, look out it.
>"That reminds me, about what time do you make it now?"

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2011, 04:18:46 AM »
>"Might have problems with horses, might have been starving, might have just been passing through and felt threatened. It's hard to say at this point. I assume no one else has reported anything like that?"
>Sammich it up

>"Nope." Ichirin shakes her head. "People have been coming and going along the road for a few days now without incident."
>You bite into the sandwich. It has a satisfying heft to it after a day of light eating.

>"Anything's possible, I suppose. With a bit of luck, I'll know more tomorrow."
>Does the kitchen have a window? If so, look out it.
>"That reminds me, about what time do you make it now?"

>"I have full confidence in you," she says with a smile.
>It does. You take a look outside. The window is fairly small, and the view isn't very good. About all you can tell is that it's dark.
>Ichirin cranes her neck around towards the window as well. "I think it must be midnight at least," she says.

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2011, 05:28:38 AM »
>"Sounds about right. I plan to start as early as possible tomorrow, preferably around the crack of dawn. I don't know if I'll be able to resolve both of these issues in one day, but I'm damn sure gonna try."

« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2011, 05:39:18 AM »
>"Sounds about right. I plan to start as early as possible tomorrow, preferably around the crack of dawn. I don't know if I'll be able to resolve both of these issues in one day, but I'm damn sure gonna try."

>"I have no doubt of that," she says.

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2011, 06:42:49 AM »
>"Well... I'll try not to let you down."
>How do people say that to each other so easily? Even if the sentiment's kind of nice.
>Polish off that sandwich.

Alright Purvis, I'm ready to pack in for the night and get down to business at sunup, unless you wanted to ask Big Mama here about that map of yours before we crash.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:52:26 AM by Sourfang »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
>"One more thing, do you think you could get me a horse and cart tomorrow morning? If I could get around faster, it'd be all the better."

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
>"Well... I'll try not to let you down."
>How do people say that to each other so easily? Even if the sentiment's kind of nice.
>Polish off that sandwich.

>"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that," Ichirin says. "I'm sure you'll do what you can, and that's good enough as far as I'm concerned."
>You make quick work of the rest of the sandwich. You think it does a pretty good job of filling the hole.

>"One more thing, do you think you could get me a horse and cart tomorrow morning? If I could get around faster, it'd be all the better."

>Ichirin pauses, considering. "I might be able to," she says, "although I'm afraid I can't promise anything. You said you wanted to be gone at the crack of dawn tomorrow?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »
>"I'd be happy to delay a little bit if it'll get me that. The speed would more than make up for it."

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »
>"I'd be happy to delay a little bit if it'll get me that. The speed would more than make up for it."

>Ichirin nods. "I think I know a couple people I can ask. I'll make sure to get up early myself, and try to arrange that for you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
>"You have no idea how helpful it'll be. Thanks, I really appreciate it."

« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »
>"You have no idea how helpful it'll be. Thanks, I really appreciate it."

>She smiles. "I'm happy I can help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2011, 12:10:09 AM »
>"Me too."
>Finish that sammich, and begin bedtime procedures.

« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2011, 10:53:52 PM »
>"Me too."
>Finish that sammich, and begin bedtime procedures.

>You finish up the last of the sandwich, then get up to head to bed.
>"Your room's the second on the left," Ichirin says, as you stand. "I fetched fresh sheets for the bed while you were gone."
>You thank her, and say your goodnights to each other, then head towards your room.
>It's much the same as the one you used to sleep in, though a bit more spartan at the moment. There's a bunk bed, freshly made, with a small wooden nightstand beside it. A window above the nighstand looks out on the oak tree in the back. A small closet is set in the side wall, but there are few furnishings in the room at the moment.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »
>Inventory

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
>Inventory

>Prism Pendant (around neck)
>Seeker's Badge (pinned to chest)
>73 Val Razuan guilders
>Compass
>Traveling pack
>Traveling rations
>Lockpicks
>3 kunai
>Picture of Sokrates
>Mostly-eaten lemon pie
>Mysterious rusty part
>Antique Val Razuan 1 guilder coin
>Dowsing rods

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »
>Claim top bunk!

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2011, 11:29:52 PM »
>Claim top bunk!

>You claim the top bunk. It seems Ichirin went to the trouble of making up both beds. Still, the room you slept in for most of your time here had only a single bed; perhaps she wanted to let you pick whichever you'd rather?
>Setting your gear and such aside, you slip into the covers and pull them over you. The bed is soft and comforting after a long day on the road. As familiar as this place is, sleeping here again feels strangely like something out of a memory. You find your mind wandering - thinking on the events of today, and of those to come tomorrow, and of your past here. As you lie in bed, you slowly become aware of a softly flickering light coming from the window.

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
> Lean out from the bed and peer out the window.

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
> Lean out from the bed and peer out the window.

>You lean towards the window and look out. The source of the light is immediately apparent: a twisting and sweeping trail of gold working its way across the night sky, some distance overhead. And at its head, you spot the fairy from the rooftop, weaving loops and twirls through the air. Motes of shimmering golden light scatter in her path like the wake of a gentle firework, raining softly from her trail for a few moments before fizzling into darkness again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2011, 11:54:28 PM »
>Does it seem like she's going anywhere?

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2011, 11:58:29 PM »
>Does it seem like she's going anywhere?

>She doesn't seem to be heading anywhere in particular; her flight meanders about without apparent direction, although she seems to mostly be staying south of Easthaven and towards the orphanage. At least as best you can tell from the angle.

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
>Stifle a grin. Looks like a great firefly.
>Is her light the only light we can see in the sky, or is there any signs of dawn?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2011, 12:14:47 AM »
>Well, if she's south, that means she's away from where most of the disappearances are. Probably nothing to worry about in that regard, at least.