Author Topic: Sudden Issues with TH06-09.5 (Problem found and solved!)  (Read 12038 times)

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Sudden Issues with TH06-09.5 (Problem found and solved!)
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:23:21 AM »
I recently formatted my new netbook and installed xp pro on it.
For some reason Touhou 6-9.5 has huge issues now, but MoF, SA, SWR and the UFO demo runs flawless as usual.

I get about 20-30fps on EoSD, PCB wont even start, IN starts after a LOONG time and gives about 20fps and StB glitches around and is also locked at 20fps when playing.

Before I reinstalled the OS I had no problems getting a full 60fps on all of the games, and for some reason EoSD runs at 60fps during the demo video and when playing replays.

Any idea what the cause of this is? I've installed the latest direct x and the drivers for the computer, so I have basically no idea what could be wrong here. >_>

EDIT:

The problem has been found and solved. Apparently if you have RocketDock installed, it will cause major issues with TH06-09.5. If RocketDock is closed down the games will work normally without any issues.

This may have something to do with how the programs are rendered as the rocketdock is a panel similar to the one found in Mac OS.

Long story short, as I said before. If RocketDock is closed before running the games, there were no issues. =)

(Phew! You have no idea how happy I am to find out that I don't need to reinstall my OS again. >_>)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:14:42 PM by saiyoucho »
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Re: Sudden Issues with TH06-09.5 (Problem found and solved!)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
Hey, you have no idea how much this has helped me.

My touhou 6-9 has been acting like that as well on my laptop, and I closed it and bam, instant recovery.

It could even run CtC Stage 5 smoothly with backgrounds!  OMG, you saved me a lot of grief.

Unfortunately, this can only mean that my desktop's CPU sucks so bad... but oh well.

We should add this to the technical problem or something, assuming no one knows, I guess it only works for certain computers and not for some.  My desktop, which is slower, can run EoSD to IN with Rocket Dock on.

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Re: Sudden Issues with TH06-09.5 (Problem found and solved!)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »
Hey, you have no idea how much this has helped me.

My touhou 6-9 has been acting like that as well on my laptop, and I closed it and bam, instant recovery.

It could even run CtC Stage 5 smoothly with backgrounds!  OMG, you saved me a lot of grief.

Unfortunately, this can only mean that my desktop's CPU sucks so bad... but oh well.

We should add this to the technical problem or something, assuming no one knows, I guess it only works for certain computers and not for some.  My desktop, which is slower, can run EoSD to IN with Rocket Dock on.
It's nice to see that it helped someone else too. I was pretty miserable when I didn't know why TH06-09.5 suddenly decided to not work properly.

As soon as I found out what the problem was, I removed RocketDock from autostart and linked a hotkey to start it instead to save some trouble with opening/closing it.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.