Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 72942 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
General Rules

- All rules and all flips can be trusted to not be lies.

- There will be no further hints whatsoever as to the setup of this game or the nature of my moderation. Assume things at your own risk.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »
48 hours. This is what I get for updating while halfway out the door.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 11:42:38 PM »
Ah ok well. >_>

##Unvote:
##Vote: Anonymous

How on Earth can we trust someone without a head?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »

There's a difference between what these rules specify, and questioning a potential mod error.

Further, I'm not intrigued. What pro-town purpose does placating this discussion by quoting the rules have?

P-Edit: @Mod: Thanks for the clarification!

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »
How are they voting without a brain? Don't you need one to do that?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 11:47:10 PM »
EBWOP: impressed, not intrigued.

Auto Correct is so awesome.

P-Edit: @Protoman: I don't know. I've seen a lot of players play mafia who have raised serious questions about whether they have a brain.

/kidding

But all jokes aside, I want my question @Kyon answered.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »
The best part of this job is roughing up commie anarchists.

##Vote Anonymous

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 11:55:40 PM »
Further, I'm not intriguedimpressed. What pro-town purpose does placating this discussion by quoting the rules have?
Yare yare.

I believed I could bring a quick resolution to an otherwise mundane problem. I was assuming either bastard moderation or a mistake, but either way held the belief that Day 1 would only last for 48 hours.
Now, let me ask you how thinking about the game's rules is anti-town?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 11:58:06 PM »
Yare yare.

I believed I could bring a quick resolution to an otherwise mundane problem. I was assuming either bastard moderation or a mistake, but either way held the belief that Day 1 would only last for 48 hours.
Now, let me ask you how thinking about the game's rules is anti-town?

I never said it was~

I only implied that it wasn't pro town.

I see it as null, but I was hoping for a reaction from you. I feel like scum would have reacted more unfavorably than you did.

I'm happy with that response, which was decidedly pro town.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:27 AM »
IE is so sloooooow, dood.

Now Light, what do you have against penguin and Mai, why didn't you direct your question at Light also? He also questioned the mod you know, dood.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:11 AM »
IE is so sloooooow, dood.

Now Light, what do you have against penguin and Mai, why didn't you direct your question at Light also? He also questioned the mod you know, dood.

It wasn't about questioning the mod. It was about trying to placate the questioning of the mod.

What Light did and what Kyon did were 2 entirely different things, and there was only really any reads to be found from what Kyon did.

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:09 AM »
Prinny:
Nothing, unless they have demon wings and an eerie stare. :V

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 12:31:48 AM »
##Vote: Light Yagami
I, I just know he's s, secretely plotting to kill us all!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 12:44:52 AM »
Dick Gumshoe (1): Anonymous
Sailor Moon (1): Mr. Crocker
Protoman.EXE (1): Kyon
Anonymous (3): Protoman.EXE, Sailor Moon, The Comedian
Light Yagami (2): Mai Tokiha, Whim
Prinny (1): Light Yagami
Kyon (0): Sailor Moon

No vote: John Cage, CATS, C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER, Dick Gumshoe, Chitose Karasuma, Monoe, Prinny

with 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch. You have some large amount of time I'm too lazy to calculate remaining in the day.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 12:45:54 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Sailor Moon

Tried to follow Mai, but when that was clarified by the mod, immediately switched and helped build up a wagon.

lol u suk dawg

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 12:46:04 AM »
Prinny:
Nothing, unless they have demon wings and an eerie stare. :V

That is understandable, I get creepy feelings sometimes when I stare in the mirror, dood.

And yeah, re-reading it, I can see that Mai. Now Comedian, your the third to vote for Anon, I find it suspicious, what with the saying from a game I read, third on the wagon is scum?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 12:50:56 AM »
dood

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 12:51:24 AM »
What pro-town purpose does placating this discussion by quoting the rules have?
... ?|

I must admit that I am curious about this question. What anti-town purpose could you have possibly found in Kyon's actions? Given that Kyon's motives here were honestly rather transparent from my point of view, it seems to me that no matter how he answered your question, the game would loop around and we would find ourselves in the exact same place we entered this situation. Though you claim your question was an attempt to fish for reactions, I do not see how Kyon could possibly react in a way that would draw suspicion towards him in a reasonable scenario, so it appears that you are only creating an illusion of producing while not truly providing anything interesting for us to go on.

##Vote Mai Tokiha
I can not seem to follow your train of thought, and as a result, your actions regarding Kyon manifest themselves as chaff in my mind. Please elaborate on them so that I can have a better grasp of your intentions.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 01:02:28 AM »
I do not see how I "tried to follow Mai" when I was questioning someone who went against the most recent thing the mod said when the mod claimed to not lie about anything this game.  So are you implying that I should just leave my vote on Kyon over a misconception, or are you saying we get absolutely nowhere by everyone making sure only 1 vote per person plox, and then get the game rolling? 

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »
... ?|

I must admit that I am curious about this question. What anti-town purpose could you have possibly found in Kyon's actions? Given that Kyon's motives here were honestly rather transparent from my point of view, it seems to me that no matter how he answered your question, the game would loop around and we would find ourselves in the exact same place we entered this situation. Though you claim your question was an attempt to fish for reactions, I do not see how Kyon could possibly react in a way that would draw suspicion towards him in a reasonable scenario, so it appears that you are only creating an illusion of producing while not truly providing anything interesting for us to go on.

##Vote Mai Tokiha
I can not seem to follow your train of thought, and as a result, your actions regarding Kyon manifest themselves as chaff in my mind. Please elaborate on them so that I can have a better grasp of your intentions.

OOH, here we go.

+1 scum points to the above.

I explained VERY clearly the reasons.

What you fail to grasp, or in my opinion, what you are deliberately overlooking is that not protown=/=antitown.

Something can be a complete null read, which is what Kyon's actions were, which isn't protown... but it doesn't make him scum.

Rather, I wanted to see a few things.

1) What Kyon would say, so I could get a read on him.
2)Who, if anyone, would follow my pushing of Kyon
3) Who, if anyone, would jump at me for pushing Kyon.

Essentially, RVS stage is designed to get info. We now have info to work with. Mission accomplished.

I also have a town read on Kyon. Double bonus. Scum!Kyon would have attacked me back and called me scum for pushing him. He didn't, so I have a town read.

Does this make sense? Would you like to try and misrepresent my intentions further?

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 01:12:06 AM »
And yeah, re-reading it, I can see that Mai. Now Comedian, your the third to vote for Anon, I find it suspicious, what with the saying from a game I read, third on the wagon is scum?

Nice joke.  You gonna vote me for it?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 01:13:27 AM »
Oh, and to add:

Kyon could have reacted in a scummy way very easily.

Had he put up any resistance, or been over defensive, I would have voted him immediately. Scum is nervous like that, especially on DAY 1.

It's pretty much if Kyon had attacked me, or been over defensive in his position, I would have called him scum.

But his reaction was calm and explaining, and something that a townie would do.

Also, you made the assumption that HIS reaction was the only one I was looking at.

A false assumption. I was looking at Sailor Moon, Anon, and YOU too now.

It's simple. This started discussion. Discussion helps the town find scum.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:19 AM »
I do not see how I "tried to follow Mai" when I was questioning someone who went against the most recent thing the mod said when the mod claimed to not lie about anything this game.  So are you implying that I should just leave my vote on Kyon over a misconception, or are you saying we get absolutely nowhere by everyone making sure only 1 vote per person plox, and then get the game rolling? 

Take as an example, this post.

Sailor Moon here is being very over defensive in response to Anon's comments.

If she was town, Anon's accusations would have meant nothing to her, and thus would not have drawn such a reaction.

This is what I expected to come from Kyon.

But seeing this from Sailor Moon, along with the fact that she DID seem eager to let me lead a charge on Kyon is very interesting.

I like this wagon. Unvote; ##Vote: Sailor Moon

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 01:55:22 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Monoe

Protoman wonders what pro-town intent someone finds in posts made entirely of mod quotes and yare yare. Defending what Protoman calls anti-town behaviour tingles his Navi Deleting senses. Since the motives were so transparant you should tell us what they were from your point of view.

Protoman also thinks penguins with sniper rifles and no votes look like viruses.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2011, 02:10:50 AM »
Nice joke.  You gonna vote me for it?

Like I said, it's just a saying I read in a mafia game and I find it silly to vote on something like that, why so defensive dood?

... ?|

##Vote Mai Tokiha

Now this I find suspicious, why are you repeating Kyon's question when that was already answered by Mai? I find that you can't grasp what Mai is doing a pretty lousy reason for voting, dood.

##Vote Monoe I'd like to hear of your answer, dood.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2011, 02:32:26 AM »
Scum!Kyon would have attacked me back and called me scum for pushing him. He didn't, so I have a town read.
Yare yare.

Mai Tokiha is jumping to a lot of conclusions based on unreliable information. However, I'm currently giving her the benefit of the doubt as, although I would have found her line of thought scummy normally, this is ED1 where we have nothing but reads like these to get us out of RVS.
Having said that, I also want to see how Monoe responds to Protoman.EXE's question.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2011, 02:42:19 AM »
Defending what Protoman calls anti-town behaviour tingles his Navi Deleting senses.
Your chainsaw defence of Mai, when I personally find Mai's current observations to be far too subjective, looks really bad to me. Just thought I'd let you know.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2011, 02:42:37 AM »
##Vote: Prinny

What do you think you do! Your voice and your doubts reading the not city.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 02:45:23 AM »
What do you think you do! Your voice and your doubts reading the not city.
Yare yare.
Would you mind clarifying your vote on Prinny for people like me who don't understand what you just said?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2011, 02:52:54 AM »
He said his voice and doubts don't sound town. Protoman thinks he does not want to see paragraphs. Protoman also doesn't care what SOS Slave Boy thinks of his Navi Deleting tactics. Monoe made a post Protoman finds familiar in very bad ways.