Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54450 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #690 on: May 07, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
>"Well lucky you. I found a cat. Mind you, it paid extremely well for finding a cat, but still."

« Reply #691 on: May 07, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »
>What do we know of Marisa's personal life?

>She has something of a reputation as a ladykiller, although you're not sure how much is truth and how much is rumor; you wouldn't be at all surprised if Marisa herself had helped embellish this reputation a little. You know nothing about her family, although you get the impression she doesn't stay in touch with them; she's originally from somewhere near Val Razua, and moved to Braston a few years back when she decided to join the Seekers. To the best of your knowledge, she doesn't travel back there much. You also don't know of any close friends, although she's presumptively friendly with nearly everyone. She does tend to be on the go almost constantly, always chasing after some new goal or other; it's possible she hasn't really had much chance to put down roots, and maybe wouldn't even want to.

>"Well lucky you. I found a cat. Mind you, it paid extremely well for finding a cat, but still."

>"A cat?" Somewhat aggravatingly, Marisa seems to find this hilarious. "Oh, Naz..." she says between snickers. "Just the right youkai for the job, eh?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #692 on: May 07, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »
> Roll eyes.
> "Yeah yeah.  Its not like you're the first person today to give me crap for it."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #693 on: May 07, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »
>"Yeah, well, we all gotta start somewhere. What was YOUR first job, anyway? Finding a lost dog, or something?"

« Reply #694 on: May 07, 2011, 07:27:24 PM »
> Roll eyes.
> "Yeah yeah.  Its not like you're the first person today to give me crap for it."

>"Hey, you know I'm only ribbing ya," she says, chuckling a little more quietly. "And you said the pay was good, right? I've done sillier, I promise you. Don't worry about it."

>"Yeah, well, we all gotta start somewhere. What was YOUR first job, anyway? Finding a lost dog, or something?"

>"Beating up some thieves over a stolen package," she replies. "But like I said, don't worry about it. You'll hit pay dirt some day, no doubt in my mind. You've got talent, Naz."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #695 on: May 07, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
>Did we assist in that embellishment while under her apprenticeship?
>How frequently does Marisa dole out complements of that degree?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #696 on: May 07, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »
"And you've got a nice broom. Why don't you let me borrow it so I won't spend all night walking toward Easthaven, eh?"

« Reply #697 on: May 07, 2011, 07:43:48 PM »
Wow, praise from Caesar

>"Thanks. Matter of fact, I might have something good lined up now, out Easthaven way."

« Reply #698 on: May 07, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »
>Did we assist in that embellishment while under her apprenticeship?
>How frequently does Marisa dole out complements of that degree?

>If even half those stories are true, you've seriously been missing out...
>She's generally a pretty decent-hearted person towards most people, but you've often gotten the impression that she likes you more than most. At least, she seems to have taken it upon herself to be a sort of 'big sister' figure. For better or worse.

"And you've got a nice broom. Why don't you let me borrow it so I won't spend all night walking toward Easthaven, eh?"

>"Sorry, got dibs on this one," she says, looking not at all put out by you asking.

>"Thanks. Matter of fact, I might have something good lined up now, out Easthaven way."

>Marisa nods. "Yeah, I heard. It's why I was trying to catch you before you left town."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #699 on: May 07, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »
>"How about a ride, then?"

« Reply #700 on: May 07, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
>"Oh, you were? Why, wanted to tag along?"
>That phrase oughta get a rise out of her.

« Reply #701 on: May 07, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »
>"How about a ride, then?"

>She shakes her head. "Sorry, Naz. Got plans for the evening already."

>"Oh, you were? Why, wanted to tag along?"
>That phrase oughta get a rise out of her.

>Marisa snickers. "Oh, like you'd want me stealing the spotlight, now that you're your own boss. But nah, I just wanted to get this to you." She hands you the cloth-wrapped object she was carrying under her arm. "Maybe it'll make up for having to hoof it, eh?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #702 on: May 07, 2011, 08:39:08 PM »
> Take the object and unwrap it.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #703 on: May 07, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »
>Your own boss. Got a nice ring to it, that.
>"Oh, yeah? Whacha got there, new shoes for the trip?"

« Reply #704 on: May 07, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
>Your own boss. Got a nice ring to it, that.
>"Oh, yeah? Whacha got there, new shoes for the trip?"

>It really does, doesn't it?
>"Not unless you've already lost them somewhere," Marisa says.

> Take the object and unwrap it.

>You take the object from Marisa, and immediately feel something hard and thin running the length of the bundle as you grasp it, like a metal... rod? You unwrap the rest of the cloth, Marisa grinning at you intently the whole time. It's a pair of dowsing rods, long and l-shaped, with stylized markers of the cardinal directions formed from the metal at each end. The good ones.
>"Surprise!" Marisa says. "I know you had your eye on those. Consider it a graduation present."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #705 on: May 07, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
>"I... I dont know what to say. Um, thanks?"
>we got the dowsing rods YESSSSSSS

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #706 on: May 07, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
>"And they're the wrong size."
>Grin.
>"No, seriously, thanks. This'll help a ton!"

« Reply #707 on: May 07, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »
>"I... I dont know what to say. Um, thanks?"
>we got the dowsing rods YESSSSSSS

>You tentatively thank Marisa, while inwardly cheering. This is one of the best presents anyone's, well, ever given you. The cool metal feels so satisfying just to hold, knowing they're actually yours now.

>"And they're the wrong size."
>Grin.
>"No, seriously, thanks. This'll help a ton!"

>Marisa's grin wavers just a moment before you grin yourself and thank her in earnest.
>"Glad you like them," she says, then gives your hair a little muss with her hand. "Welcome to the Seekers, kid."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #708 on: May 07, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
>"Thanks, Marisa. Hey, walk with me. I've got a time to make, and not like it'll take you long to get back."
>Presuming she follows, pull out the whatsit we got from the warehouse and say, "You've seen a lot of valuable things. Know what this is?"

« Reply #709 on: May 07, 2011, 10:16:16 PM »
>"Thanks, Marisa. Hey, walk with me. I've got a time to make, and not like it'll take you long to get back."
>Presuming she follows, pull out the whatsit we got from the warehouse and say, "You've seen a lot of valuable things. Know what this is?"

>"Sure, I can spare a few minutes," she says, following along with you. "What's up?"
>You pull out the mystery object from the warehouse and show it to her. Marisa's brow furrows as she looks at it.
>"That's a... that's a..." She scratches her head. "I don't know what that is. Looks pretty rusty, though. What makes you think it's worth something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #710 on: May 07, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
>Put it away.
>"I got a hunch."
>"So, what've you heard about Easthaven recently?"

« Reply #711 on: May 07, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »
>Put it away.
>"I got a hunch."
>"So, what've you heard about Easthaven recently?"

>You put the object away.
>Marisa shrugs. "Well, you never know, I guess. You could always ask Kourin. I'm sure he'd know what it's for."
>"Does that place ever have news coming from it?" She scrunches up her face. "Can't say I've heard anything recently. Well, the Prismrivers are giving a concert out there sometime this week. Day after tomorrow, maybe? Eh, Not sure." She waves her hand dismissively. "They wanted to be thorough, I guess. Probably the most excitement that end of the island's likely to see for another year or so."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #712 on: May 07, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
>"Well, that and the missing cattle. Which is why I'm going."

« Reply #713 on: May 07, 2011, 10:47:04 PM »
>"Well, that and the missing cattle. Which is why I'm going."

>"Probably just wandered off somewhere," Marisa says. "Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #714 on: May 07, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »
>"Then I shall be well equipped to find them."

« Reply #715 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »
>"Then I shall be well equipped to find them."

>She grins. "Better believe it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #716 on: May 07, 2011, 11:02:06 PM »
>"Who gave you that job, anyways? And...how do you stop ghosts?"

« Reply #717 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:04 PM »
>"Who gave you that job, anyways? And...how do you stop ghosts?"

>"Tanizawa's," she says. "You've heard of them, right? And really Naz, if you still have to ask that..." She gestures casually with her hand, and a few wispy sparks of magic fly from her fingertips. Marisa grins.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #718 on: May 07, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »
>"I was hoping it was something clever I might benefit from. But another expectation perishes."

« Reply #719 on: May 07, 2011, 11:58:13 PM »
>HAVE we heard of Tanizawa's before?