Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54451 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2011, 10:04:17 AM »
>Roll to the side with the impact to our jaw, then kick out at her knee again. She won't be half as bad if we can cut her legs out from under her.

« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »
>Roll to the side with the impact to our jaw, then kick out at her knee again. She won't be half as bad if we can cut her legs out from under her.

>You roll to the side of the stumbling oni, or at least as much of a roll as you can manage while holding onto a large sign, and swing a kick at the back of her knee. You feel the joint buckle under your foot and Yuzu topples onto the ground, cursing as she falls.

« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
>Kip up to a standing position and hold our sign up like we're about to bring it down across Yuzu's head again.
>"Still having fun, or you wanna call it a day? Doubt it'd look good, you getting stretchered outta here, would it?"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:49:19 AM by Sourfang »

« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »
>Kip up to a standing position and hold our sign up like we're about to bring it down across Yuzu's head again.
>"Still having fun, or you wanna call it a day? Doubt it'd look good, you getting stretchered outta here, would you?"

>You spring to your feet, and ready the sign to strike at Yuzu's head. Orange pulls herself to her feet as well.
>"What don't you just try it?" Yuzu barks, raising her front off the ground and taking a clumsy swipe at you, which you sidestep without difficulty. Orange jabs her baton between Yuzu's shoulder blades and shoves her down again.
>"You're under arrest," she says, "for assault, assault of a... city watchman-" Orange's words are labored as she struggles to keep the oni pinned. "...destruction of-" Yuzu pushes herself another few inches off the ground, then reaches a hand behind her and grips onto the baton, forcing it off her back as she tries to rise.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »
>Sign to the back of Yuzu's head, not like she's in a position to dodge.

« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
>Sign to the back of Yuzu's head, not like she's in a position to dodge.

>You bring the sign down hard against the back of Yuzu's head, drawing another curse from her as she loses her grip on the baton and slumps back to the ground. Orange jabs her again for good measure.
>"Just stay still," Orange says, "You're only making it worse. Either way, you're leaving here in custody. I mean it." Yuzu growls.
>You hear footsteps approaching you from the rear.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2011, 12:16:33 PM »
>Look back, in case that other oni wants in on this action.

« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
>Look back, in case that other oni wants in on this action.

>You look back. It is indeed the other oni approaching, but although she is somewhat dour-faced, she doesn't seem to acting aggressively, merely walking wordlessly towards the group of you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »
>Back off for now, but be ready to whack either of them, just in case.
>"Sorry about all this. I was kinda hoping she'd realize what a pain she was being and back down for your sake."

« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »
>Back off for now, but be ready to whack either of them, just in case.
>"Sorry about all this. I was kinda hoping she'd realize what a pain she was being and back down for your sake."

>You take a step back, but keep the sign at the ready for any sign of trouble.
>Yuzu snarls at you. The other oni gives you a long cold stare. "I said you should have stayed out of this," she says at length.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
>Don't say anything, but meet that stare. Try not to be challenging, but don't flinch from it. She can explain if she likes.

« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2011, 01:46:30 PM »
>Don't say anything, but meet that stare. Try not to be challenging, but don't flinch from it. She can explain if she likes.

>You meet the oni's stare, maintaining a firm but composed gaze and wait to see if she elaborates. In the corner of your eye, you see Orange looking uncertainly between the two of you.
>After a pronounced silence, the oni turns towards Orange. "Let her go," she says. "And we'll leave."
>Yuzu tries to throw Orange off her again. "Hey, what the hell do you think-"
>"Yuzu!" the other oni hisses sharply. "Let it go. Yuugi's going to have your hide over this as it is, and I'm not jumping in after you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #462 on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
>Is that name familiar?

« Reply #463 on: April 28, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
>Is that name familiar?

>Assuming she means Yuugi Hoshiguma, yes. She's the head of the Miner's Guild, and manages some smithing interests on the north side of town. The Seeker's Guild has had dealings with her on occasion. You also have the impression she's the de facto leader of the oni in Braston, as much as they have any. You don't think they have any formal power structures, but she wields a great deal of influence; you wouldn't be at all surprised if she's a large part of the reason these sorts of altercations don't happen often. Outside the oni quarter, she's got a reputation as a pretty blunt but fair sort, and generally pretty easy to deal with. You'd know her to see her, but you haven't really had any interactions.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
>Try to keep or tone more inquisitive than challenging. "Why should we let her go? She's gone around attacking city watch and bystanders. If I did that, I'd be in a cell before you you could blink. What makes it any different for her?"

« Reply #465 on: April 28, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
>Try to keep or tone more inquisitive than challenging. "Why should we let her go? She's gone around attacking city watch and bystanders. If I did that, I'd be in a cell before you you could blink. What makes it any different for her?"

>"The oni can handle their own," she replies simply.
>"She's right, though," Orange says. "We still have jurisdiction; you know that. If you want to file a complaint, that's your right, but I'm taking her into custody."
>"Like hell you are!" Yuzu cries, lashing behind her at the baton. This time she manages to knock it aside, quickly pushing herself off the ground.
>"If you hit her again," the other oni says. "You're on your own." Yuzu glares at her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #466 on: April 28, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
>"I might agree with that if she were just causing problems for other oni. But she's made it into a city-wide problem at this point, and it's better to let the city handle it."
>Be ready to whack Yuzu with the sign again. "It's like I said, you're only getting yourself deeper in. Just give it up."

« Reply #467 on: April 28, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »
>"I might agree with that if she were just causing problems for other oni. But she's made it into a city-wide problem at this point, and it's better to let the city handle it."

>"It would have stayed between two people if you hadn't gotten involved," she replies. "Don't think you didn't bring your own bruises on yourself."
>"Hey!" Orange cries. "She was assisting a member of the watch. And if she hadn't hit her first, I would have."

>Be ready to whack Yuzu with the sign again. "It's like I said, you're only getting yourself deeper in. Just give it up."

>Yuzu just rumbles at you, but she doesn't make any more moves to attack.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »
>"And she attacked an person who hadn't done anything but speak some harsh truths. I was even holding a cat at the time, if you recall, so it's not like I could come in swinging. Don't even act like I was starting some fights, I was just pointing that she was making an ass of herself and everyone. She just couldn't handle that and thought maybe punching me would change the facts. The facts, we see, have remained the same. Now maybe if she said some mean things about my heritage, I might have brought it on myself."

« Reply #469 on: April 28, 2011, 03:14:08 PM »
>"And she attacked an person who hadn't done anything but speak some harsh truths. I was even holding a cat at the time, if you recall, so it's not like I could come in swinging. Don't even act like I was starting some fights, I was just pointing that she was making an ass of herself and everyone. She just couldn't handle that and thought maybe punching me would change the facts. The facts, we see, have remained the same. Now maybe if she said some mean things about my heritage, I might have brought it on myself."

>"You just don't get it, do you?" the oni says.
>"What did you expect?" Yuzu says to her. "You know how it is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: April 28, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »
>"No, apparently I don't. Why don't you explain it to me?"
>Keep 'em talking, there's no way other watch wouldn't be alerted by lots of people fleeing in panic.

« Reply #471 on: April 28, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »
>"No, apparently I don't. Why don't you explain it to me?"
>Keep 'em talking, there's no way other watch wouldn't be alerted by lots of people fleeing in panic.

>"Why bother?" Yuzu says. "Just be wasting our breath."
>Her companion gives you a penetrating stare, then turns. "Let's go," she says simply, and starts to walk away.
>Yuzu sneers at you. "If you want to finish this, I'm sure you can find me, Seeker," The last word practically drips with mockery. Then she turns to follow the other oni.
>"Hey, hold it!" Orange cries. "I didn't say you could leave!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: April 28, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »
>Does Yuzu look like she's stopping?
>If not, say, "Not surprising you're the sort to run away after a loss, rather than owning up."

« Reply #473 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
>Does Yuzu look like she's stopping?
>If not, say, "Not surprising you're the sort to run away after a loss, rather than owning up."

>No.
>The oni stop, and Yuzu rounds on you, seething. "You want me to break you in half right now then?" The other oni lets out a long deep breath.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: April 28, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
>"So you have even more charges to deal with, or so you can see that no matter how much you punch facts they don't change. Just stay here and face the music, Yuzu. It'll be easier for everyone, yourself included. Do you really need escaping arrest added to your list?"

« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »
>"So you have even more charges to deal with, or so you can see that no matter how much you punch facts they don't change. Just stay here and face the music, Yuzu. It'll be easier for everyone, yourself included. Do you really need escaping arrest added to your list?"

>"She may be off-limits," Yuzu says, pointing at Orange. "But you ain't. And if you keep that up much longer, not even Yuugi will say a word if I punch your lights out."
>Orange takes a step towards her. "If I'm off-limits then she is too, because if you lay into her, I'm swinging back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
>"Listen. You've made a problem for people in town. You came after me because I was saying things you didn't like, and kept doing it when I still didn't fight back. You busted up that guy's place. You damn near choked a man to death. All running off is going to do is force the watch to come after you. And that's going to make it Yuugi's problem, I'm willing to gamble, because she's not going to want the watch in her face if she tries to defend you. The best thing you can do is go with Orange, sit in a cell for a bit, and get hit with some fines and an obligation to clean up this mess. I won't even press charges on you for coming after me. Just think about it logically, Yuzu. Run off, and you make everyone's position worse, including your own."

« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
>"Listen. You've made a problem for people in town. You came after me because I was saying things you didn't like, and kept doing it when I still didn't fight back. You busted up that guy's place. You damn near choked a man to death. All running off is going to do is force the watch to come after you. And that's going to make it Yuugi's problem, I'm willing to gamble, because she's not going to want the watch in her face if she tries to defend you. The best thing you can do is go with Orange, sit in a cell for a bit, and get hit with some fines and an obligation to clean up this mess. I won't even press charges on you for coming after me. Just think about it logically, Yuzu. Run off, and you make everyone's position worse, including your own."

>"If Yuugi wants a piece of me, I'll deal with that then. The rest of you? I don't care." Yuzu turns and starts to walk away again.
>"Hey, I said hold it!" Orange cries.
>The other oni grabs Yuzu by the arm and says something to her under her breath. Yuzu scowls and pulls her arm out of her grip, but stops moving.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #478 on: April 28, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
>Let them work their business out.

« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:30 PM »
>Let them work their business out.

>The taller oni says nothing further, but Yuzu continues to silently brood. Whatever her companion said clearly doesn't make her happy at all.
>As you wait, you hear several people making their way through the crowd in the back. Looking over, you see a small squad of city watch running towards you. They fan out next to Orange, weapons at the ready.
>"The situation's under control," Orange calls back to them while keeping her eyes on Yuzu. "Uh, I think."
>The taller oni withdraws a few steps, and you think you hear Yuzu curse at her under her breath.