Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 54466 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
>Follow him!

>You follow the mouse as it scampers its way out of the alley and around the square, staying close to the shadow of the buildings. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a couple people giving you odd looks as you chase along after it, with at least one person hastily sidesteping the scurrying rodent to avoid it weaving between their feet.
>The mouse leads you past the bakery, and towards a small nondescript building a few doors down the road behind it, on the opposite side of the street. You notice a small gap in the building's mortar, near the point where the wall meets the street. The mouse squeaks at the gap, and a few moments later, a larger brown mouse pokes its head out of it. The first mouse chitters something about the yummy place, but is cut off by the brown mouse declaring it his territory, and that he'd better leave if he knows what's good for him. Then he catches himself as he seems to notice you, or rather realize that the giant creature next to the first mouse smells kinda like a mouse, too. It takes a step or two backwards, then does an admirable, if not entirely convincing, job of telling you that he's not giving up the yummy place to you, either.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »
>"Don't want the yummy place. Looking for a cat; going to catch it and trade it to a bigjob for a lot of food."
>Kneel down.
>"I'm looking for this cat. Have you seen it?"
>Show him the picture.

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »
>"Don't want the yummy place. Looking for a cat; going to catch it and trade it to a bigjob for a lot of food."
>Kneel down.
>"I'm looking for this cat. Have you seen it?"
>Show him the picture.

>You attempt to explain yourself to the mouse. He seems uncertain, both that you don't want the yummy place - who wouldn't want the yummy place? - and also that you're looking for a cat. But he's also clearly intimidated by you, regardless of the front he tried to put forward, so he listens attentively.
>You kneel down and show him the picture. The mouse squeaks affirmatively. He knows that cat; one of the big people brings him and puts him down in front of the yummy place often. Saw him this morning, even.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »
>"Did the bigjob with the yellow hair take it away again? Or something else?"

« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »
>"Did the bigjob with the yellow hair take it away again? Or something else?"

>The mouse gives a proverbial shake of its head. A bunch of the not-quite-so-big people took it away.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2011, 06:53:11 PM »
>"Aha! What did they look like?"

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
>"Aha! What did they look like?"

>Like not-so-big people, it replies. The ones that move around in the air.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
>Hmm. Either faeries or children...
>"Did they have wings? Which way did they go?"

« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2011, 07:04:31 PM »
>Hmm. Either faeries or children...
>"Did they have wings? Which way did they go?"

>Seems so. They'd have to be some particularly unusual children to go moving about in the air much, though.
>The mouse is unclear about the wings; you don't think it observed too much about them aside from lumping them in the category of big, but not-so-big. However, it says it saw them move off down the road to the right of the bakery. Then the cat was away from the yummy place, and things were okay. Beyond that, it seems to have considered most of what they were doing irrelevant.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
>"Hmmm. Both of you, wait here. I'll be back soon, and I'll give you something to eat."
>Once they agree, head back into the bakery.

« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »
>"Hmmm. Both of you, wait here. I'll be back soon, and I'll give you something to eat."
>Once they agree, head back into the bakery.

>While both are clearly enthusiastic about the prospect of being given food, the brown mouse is none too pleased about the idea of gray one staying inside his turf. They bicker for a moment - he's a much safer target than you are - and the gray mouse comes off the worse for it. He takes cover behind your foot. The brown mouse is clearly not interested in going through you to get to him, but you get the feeling he'd probably drive him off if you walked away and left them together.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »
>Give the brown mouse a look of displeasure.
>"Okay, fine, you don't get any."

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
>Give the brown mouse a look of displeasure.
>"Okay, fine, you don't get any."

>You shoot the brown mouse a disapproving look, and it falters a little.
>It seems a little unsure of itself. The gray mouse takes the chance to squeak something akin to "Meanie!" at it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
>"Don't you both have enough problems to worry about without making more for yourself? You know full well he isn't going to be here long enough to take any of the crumbs that might fall here. I'm ashamed of you."

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »
>"Don't you both have enough problems to worry about without making more for yourself? You know full well he isn't going to be here long enough to take any of the crumbs that might fall here. I'm ashamed of you."

>The brown mouse withdraws a little, sheepishly. You don't think he intends to press the issue any further. The grey mouse squeaks something approaching a cheer at you.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »
> "I'll be back in a bit okay?  Stay out of trouble you two."
> Head down the road to the right of the bakery.
> Keep our eyes and ears peeled for faeries.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »
> "I'll be back in a bit okay?  Stay out of trouble you two."
> Head down the road to the right of the bakery.
> Keep our eyes and ears peeled for faeries.

>You get a somewhat subdued acknowledgment from the brown rat, and a more cheerful one from the gray.
>You head back around the bakery and continue down the road past it, keeping your senses peeled for fairies. Fairies themselves are not an especially unusual sight in Braston, of course. Many live in and around the city - there was a pair chasing each other around the square just a few minutes ago - and quite a few do little jobs for the various businesses: cooking, sewing, delivery work, or one of the other tasks that fairies tend to be competent in. With proper oversight, they can actually be surprisingly industrious workers, if a little flakey. Perhaps it's because those attracted to populated areas tend to be inclined that way themselves? Still, there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this particular street at the moment. You note a bored looking dockworker on his way to the square, and a young couple walking in the opposite direction, but no fairies.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »
> Head over to the dock worker.
> "Pardon the sudden question, but have you seen any faeries or cats today?  Maybe even a mixture of the two?"

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2011, 11:30:08 PM »
> Head over to the dock worker.
> "Pardon the sudden question, but have you seen any faeries or cats today?  Maybe even a mixture of the two?"

>You walk over to the dock worker, and ask him a question.
>"'course I've seen fairies today," he says, giving you something of an odd look. "S'pose I've seen a cat or two, too. You looking for one in particular?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »
> "Yeah."
> Show him the picture.
> "Have you seen this cat at all?"

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
> "Yeah."
> Show him the picture.
> "Have you seen this cat at all?"

>You show the man the picture. He stares at it for a moment, then shakes his head.
>"Sorry, can't say I have." He takes a glance at your badge, then chuckles. "Someone got you out looking for it, or something?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:30 AM »
> "Heh yeah.  Nice lady but she's pretty scatterbrained.  Apparently her cat was last seen in the company of some faeries though so that's what I'm goin' on right now.  If you see anything could you give me a heads up?  I'd really appreciate it."

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2011, 02:08:19 AM »
> "Heh yeah.  Nice lady but she's pretty scatterbrained.  Apparently her cat was last seen in the company of some faeries though so that's what I'm goin' on right now.  If you see anything could you give me a heads up?  I'd really appreciate it."

>"Huh. Well, haven't seen anything like that, sorry."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2011, 04:07:15 AM »
Why did we leave the place and not get our pie or ask them about gangs of hooligans running around, and also lie to meeses what helped up so? =[

>"See any gangs of kids running around with one this morning?"

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2011, 04:29:14 AM »
>"See any gangs of kids running around with one this morning?"

>"Didn't I just say no?" The man shakes his head. "Look, I've been at the docks all morning. If there was anything going on down here, I wouldn't have seen it. Now, there gonna be anything else, or can I get on with my lunch break?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2011, 04:50:50 AM »
>"No, you didn't say a thing about kids. Geez, sorry."
>Leave and head back to the bakery, heading inside this time. Hopefully our pie is ready.

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2011, 04:58:37 AM »
>"No, you didn't say a thing about kids. Geez, sorry."
>Leave and head back to the bakery, heading inside this time. Hopefully our pie is ready.

>The man shrugs, and goes back to his business.
>You turn around and head back to the bakery. Although strictly speaking, there were lemon pies already prepared when you were there the last time.
>"Hey again," the fairy says to you as you enter. "Find anything?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2011, 05:03:24 AM »
>"A little bit. Hey, was there a group of kids or faeries hanging around here there this morning while that witch was here?"

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2011, 06:26:34 AM »
>"A little bit. Hey, was there a group of kids or faeries hanging around here there this morning while that witch was here?"

>"Nah, there was just..." The fairy tilts her head to one side and frowns thoughtfully. "Now that you mention it, I saw Mint Blossom and Cloudy Meadow fly by here this morning with a bunch of others. I wanted to go see what was up, but, uh, you know..." She tosses her head back in the direction of the kitchen.
>"I wonder what everyone was so excited about..." she adds wistfully.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2011, 06:30:13 AM »
>"Oh, where are they usually at?"
>Claim pie.