Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest  (Read 53020 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 06:07:53 AM »
>Do we know of any dedicated transit services, or would they be out of our typical price range?
>Would looking into the fancy job take us the wrong way from Easthaven?

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:36 AM »
>Do we know of any dedicated transit services, or would they be out of our typical price range?
>Would looking into the fancy job take us the wrong way from Easthaven?

>Aside from the aforementioned ships, you're not sure there are any. At least nothing formal. Easthaven is not a very populous community, and when people want to travel into town, they usually just hitch a ride with a farmer or trader who's heading that way.
>If by fancy job, you mean the one on the pink stationary, the listed address is in Braston itself.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
>Well yes, but would we have to go to the opposite end of town to get there, or what?
>"Anyways, thanks Sashiko."

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:19 AM »
>Well yes, but would we have to go to the opposite end of town to get there, or what?
>"Anyways, thanks Sashiko."

>The listed address is in the residential area, to the southeast. The main road out of town is closer to directly east of here.
>"Sure thing," Sashiko nods, then turns her attention to processing the other papers.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
>Oh well, no time to sleep off the rest of this hangover...
>Make a leisurely pace toward the address on the mystery job. If there's a public well we can stop at to get more to drink, do that on the way.

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 07:20:18 AM »
>Oh well, no time to sleep off the rest of this hangover...
>Make a leisurely pace toward the address on the mystery job. If there's a public well we can stop at to get more to drink, do that on the way.

>Hangover or no, you'd hate to sleep in too much on your first day.
>You exit the guildhall and head towards the mystery address, idly noting people going about their business. You decide you're still a bit thirsty, and take a small detour towards a well that's mostly along your route. The water is cold enough that it almost hurts to drink, a little, but it does help a little.
>As you approach the address, you enter into a rather more picturesque part of town than the one you live; this is in relative terms, of course, but the streets are wider, and the houses more regular. A few even have very small gardens in front of them; barely more than a foot or two deep in some cases, but a little strip of tended greenery nonetheless.
>Soon enough you arrive at your destination; one of a group of row houses, although it looks better tended than its neighbors. Brightly painted shutters flank the windows, with flower boxes beneath them. A star-shaped window is carved into the front door, itself painted bright red.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »
>Approach it, while taking stock of the neighborhood.
>Give the door a good knocking.

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 07:38:27 AM »
>Approach it, while taking stock of the neighborhood.
>Give the door a good knocking.

>You walk up to the door, taking a moment to glance around you. The way the road curves here doesn't let you see very far away, but there doesn't appear to be anyone about at the moment. All in all, it's a pretty decent neighborhood as Braston goes, but the dwellings themselves are still modest.
>You knock firmly on the door. A couple moments later, it is opened by a short blond-haired woman in a red and white dress. She is wearing a rather enormous red bow in her hair, tilted to one side of her head. She looks at you with some puzzlement for a moment, then puts a finger to her chin.
>"Who are you?" she asks.

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
>Nod politely.
>"Name's Nazrin, member of the Seekers guild. Are you the one who asked the seekers for help with a 'Lost precious' something?"

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
>Nod politely.
>"Name's Nazrin, member of the Seekers guild. Are you the one who asked the seekers for help with a 'Lost precious' something?"

>You explain who you are, and why you're here. The girl nods along, although she still seems a little perplexed. 'Lost precious' draws an immediate reaction from her, however.
>"Oooh!" she exclaims with sudden apparent realization, then catches herself and frowns a little. "Wait, how did you know about that?"

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »
>oO(Not the reaction I was expecting...)
>"Uh, there was a... flowery pink note submitted to our guild headquarters."

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
>oO(Not the reaction I was expecting...)
>"Uh, there was a... flowery pink note submitted to our guild headquarters."

>Perhaps insisting on custom stationary is the least of the screws she has loose?
>"Hmmm... was there?" She frowns thoughtfully. "Can I see it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 08:32:31 AM »
>Shuffle a bit.
>"It's still there, I'm not allowed to take it with me. But it said you lost something precious and left this address. Written on pink paper. Sound familiar at all?"

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45:46 AM »
>Shuffle a bit.
>"It's still there, I'm not allowed to take it with me. But it said you lost something precious and left this address. Written on pink paper. Sound familiar at all?"

>"Hmmm... maybe? I'm not sure..." Her brow furrows in concentration for a moment. You find yourself wondering if this entire excursion was some sort of bad joke. Even fairies do better than this! ...most of the time.
>"Wait," she says, her frown relaxing into a smile. "Why are we worrying about this? You're here to find Sokrates, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
>"Maybe? What's a Sokrates?"

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
>"Maybe? What's a Sokrates?"

>The girl beams. "He's warm and fluffy and faithful and-" She pauses, frowning. "Didn't I say on the note?"
>Before you have a chance to respond, she turns and dashes back into the house, leaving the door wide open. "One moment!" she calls back to you.

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
>Scratch our head for a second, but don't step inside. And hope she doesn't forget we're out here.

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »
>Scratch our head for a second, but don't step inside. And hope she doesn't forget we're out here.

>You scratch your head and wait patiently while she does... whatever it is that she's doing. Fortunately, she doesn't appear to have forgotten about you and reappears shortly, holding something in her hands.
>"See?" she says, holding out a small picture of a white cat. "Isn't he precious?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
>How do we do with cats?
>"So, you're missing this guy, huh? What can you tell me about him? Do he run off much?"

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
>How do we do with cats?
>"So, you're missing this guy, huh? What can you tell me about him? Do he run off much?"

>You can tolerate them.
>"Like I said, he's warm and fluffy and faithful and precious and he never, ever runs away. Nope." She nods vigorously. "Someone must have stolen him," she says. "It's the only way. Poor Sokrates... I know how much he wants to come back home where it's warm and nice and I make him all his favorite treats."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2011, 10:00:26 AM »
>"Huh. Do you have any of those favorite treats onhand? Might help me get him back to you if i can find him. And, hmm.   Is he a house cat, or do you let him run around?"
>Better not let him run around...

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
>"Huh. Do you have any of those favorite treats onhand? Might help me get him back to you if i can find him. And, hmm.   Is he a house cat, or do you let him run around?"
>Better not let him run around...

>"Good idea!" she nods. "I always have some, yes. And Sokrates follows me wherever I go, inside and out. He's a very dutiful cat."
>Well, at least it sounds like she keeps an eye on him. Maybe.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »
>Nod. "Okay, that's something. Does he have any places he likes to go?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »
> "When was the last time you saw him?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
>Nod. "Okay, that's something. Does he have any places he likes to go?"

>"Hmmm...." She puts a finger to her chin again. "He doesn't really go places without me." She shakes her head. "Nope. He likes it here. There's love and catnip and his cozy little pillow - I made it myself!" She beams.

> "When was the last time you saw him?"

>"First thing this morning," she says. "We went out for a walk and then he disappeared! It's so terrible..."

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2011, 09:31:32 PM »
> "Were you outside when he disappeared? Around where?"
> How do we feel about cats?

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
> "Were you outside when he disappeared? Around where?"
> How do we feel about cats?

>"We were walking past the bakery. They'd just finished a batch of lemon pies and they smelled so yummy and-" She pauses, looking a little uncertain. "Or were we down by the meadows? Was that yesterday?" Her consternation lasts only a moment before she smiles and nods. "Yup, we were outside!" She seems satisfied with this answer.
>You can tolerate them, if you have to.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »
> Sigh a bit.
> "I guess the best thing to do would be to scour the area and ask around.  Are there any places you usually never go to though?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »
> Sigh a bit.
> "I guess the best thing to do would be to scour the area and ask around.  Are there any places you usually never go to though?"

>You spare a sigh. Not exactly the most copious information to go on.
>"Hmmm... We stay away from the north side. It's all sooty and smelly up there, and the Oni are mean."

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »
Now imagining Oni as Londoner street thugs...