Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 117399 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day One
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:41 AM »
Ooops got ninja'd a bunch and forgot to then mention anywhere in my post that I am referring to capt. h.

Just to be clear about that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 02:12:17 AM »
@Affinity: What makes HW worse than my Bard vote?

@Capt. h.: So, may I be clear that you are advocating a policy lynch? May I further extrapolate you don't plan to scum hunt at all?

@HH: Again, why the hate on HW as opposed to UK who has apparently done the same thing?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 02:13:24 AM »
We have a 1/4 chance of him being scum (like everyone else), but if he's town, we still get rid of our biggest liability.

Cool info. Where'd you get it from?

##Unvote
##Vote: Capt. h

Voting for people who try to get us out of RVS or for the people voting for those people is silly in my opinion.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 02:14:54 AM »
@Conquerer: Is that a serious vote?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 02:17:16 AM »
I believe that is.

##Unvote
##Vote: Capt. H

Same reasoning.

Joke reason: Your name is annoying to type.

Conqueror

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 02:17:39 AM »
It's better than anything else I have to go on right now.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 02:19:00 AM »
...wait what

Schezo hasn't even done anything yet and you're already declaring him the most anti-town player and a big liability. That's just... what?
...and how does that make him anti-town and a big liability this game?

@Affinity: What makes HW worse than my Bard vote?

@Capt. h.: So, may I be clear that you are advocating a policy lynch? May I further extrapolate you don't plan to scum hunt at all?

@HH: Again, why the hate on HW as opposed to UK who has apparently done the same thing?

First off, I do plan to scum hunt. The problem is that last game, I scum hunted from the outside. Scezo came up as very, very obvious scum right up until the mod declared the game over.

In other words, I'm voting for schezo because he scares me.

I plan on spending the first day listening to what everyone has to say. But I know first day votes rarely end in scum lynches, unless the scum does something very stupid. And I find Schezo scary.

And frankly, I don't have any reason to seriously vote fo anyone yet, because half the players haven't even replied. For all we know, none of the scum have even posted yet, and townies are just voting townies to the gallow.

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 02:20:42 AM »

...What? Completely different. You are voting the person trying to get us out of RVS. I'm voting for the person grilling him for it. Look at last game.

And don't use third person, its annoying.

@capt.h
...wtf?

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »
ARGH, STOP FUCKING POSTING SO FAST.

Hourai's case on me is confusing and I would like him to restate it, because as is it really just looks like a glob of awkward meta and misrep. Pretty sure I'm not voting Bard for trying to get us out of the RVS.

Quote from: Affinity
huhwhat deserves a vote because slamming people over slamming people over how they handle the RVS usually turn out to target townies with playable differences rather than actual scum too.
I'm assuming you're accusing me of voting somebody over probability here? I can't really tell what you're saying too well.

The issue is that Bardiche is jumping on Serela for something that is not particularly scummy in itself. It reads like a bad, forced case to me, ie something a scum would make when looking for a convenient earlygame target.

Quote from: Affinity
Furthermore, why mention the choice between Serela and Shadoweh when you disagree with the slamming entirely?
Because I was curious why he chose Serela over Shadoweh? I'm not sure how said curiosity makes me look worse. I wanted to know Bard's thought process, basically.

Cut by capt. h: So? Pesco scares me regardless of my alignment but I don't constantly push him for lynch. (Although, maybe I should.)

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »
VOTECOUNT  -  Speedy Shuffling Edition

Bardiche (3)  -  UncertainKitten, huh what, NeoSerela
capt. h (2)  -  PX, Conquerer, Hanged Hourai
NeoSerela (2)  -  Bardiche, Kilgamayan
huh what (2)  -  Affinity, Hanged Hourai, NeoSerela
Kilgamayan (1)  -  Shadoweh, Conquerer
Schezo (1)  -  capt. h
Dormio (0)  -  PX, Kilgamayan, huh what
Zakeri (0)  -  Shadoweh

Not Voting:  Colt, Dormio, Kitten4u, Schezo, Zakeri

With 16 votes in play, 9 are required to lynch.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 02:22:24 AM »
Cool info. Where'd you get it from?

##Unvote
##Vote: Capt. h

Voting for people who try to get us out of RVS or for the people voting for those people is silly in my opinion.

The four scum? Post 809 of the previous game - Edible said that big team games have a standard 4 scum, 12 townies.

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to look it up before I posted.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2011, 02:24:17 AM »
Cut by capt. h: So? Pesco scares me regardless of my alignment but I don't constantly push him for lynch. (Although, maybe I should.)

Hmmm...

Good point.

##Unvote

##Vote Pesco

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 02:24:56 AM »
Mm. Eh, I'll let him answer. I'll state I find your reasoning invalid. But not necessarily scummy.

@capt h.: What do you feel the liklihood is of a lynch occuring within the next 4 hours? Next 8? Next 16? Before everyone has chimed in? Secondly, do you think an attitude that "we aren't likely to catch scum D1" helps to catch scum in any way?

@HH: Not sure I understand the difference. Elaborate?

@capt h.: Why did you feel the need to look that up? Worried about not looking consistent?

...wait, are you seriously claiming Pesco is more anti town than PX from what little I've seen of PX from the outside?

Conqueror

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
And frankly, I don't have any reason to seriously vote fo anyone yet, because half the players haven't even replied. For all we know, none of the scum have even posted yet, and townies are just voting townies to the gallow.

For all we know, maybe they have shown up. Who knows? But there are already plenty of (semi?)-serious votes out there by now. So you should put out your opinions on what's already on the table.

The four scum? Post 809 of the previous game - Edible said that big team games have a standard 4 scum, 12 townies.

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to look it up before I posted.

Er, okay. I suppose that makes sense.

@PX Nice wagon jump.

Cut by capt. h's latest vote: Why? Can you at least give reasoning or is this another joke vote?

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 02:25:42 AM »
UK: What's this about PX? You people are posting so ridiculously fast that I can't tell what's going on anymore. @_@

Is Pesco even playing this game?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2011, 02:26:18 AM »
Am I missing something or did three people in a row really not realize Pesco's not playing this game?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2011, 02:27:39 AM »
@HW: I read one of the games when I first came back from lynched. PX looked terrible, IIRC. If I were forced to policy lynch one or the other, I'd pick PX over Pesco 110% of the time. But that doesn't incredibly matter.

As for why I bring it up, it's capt. h.'s series of policy votes.

@Kilga: Uh...^-^;

I was just playing along, that's right!

Conqueror

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2011, 02:29:19 AM »
Am I missing something or did three people in a row really not realize Pesco's not playing this game?

Welp. I saw Pesco4U in confirmation and my mind blanked.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2011, 02:30:17 AM »
For all we know, maybe they have shown up. Who knows? But there are already plenty of (semi?)-serious votes out there by now. So you should put out your opinions on what's already on the table.

Er, okay. I suppose that makes sense.

@PX Nice wagon jump.

Cut by capt. h's latest vote: Why? Can you at least give reasoning or is this another joke vote?

Nah, it's a joke vote.

##Unvote

Mm. Eh, I'll let him answer. I'll state I find your reasoning invalid. But not necessarily scummy.

@capt h.: What do you feel the liklihood is of a lynch occuring within the next 4 hours? Next 8? Next 16? Before everyone has chimed in? Secondly, do you think an attitude that "we aren't likely to catch scum D1" helps to catch scum in any way?

@HH: Not sure I understand the difference. Elaborate?

@capt h.: Why did you feel the need to look that up? Worried about not looking consistent?

...wait, are you seriously claiming Pesco is more anti town than PX from what little I've seen of PX from the outside?

Well, of course I needed to look it up.

My job (my real job) is to correct the factual errors on the website at my school. I went through the yellow book pages to make sure that the phone numbers, addresses, and directions to about a hundred restaurants was correct, while also correcting the formatting inconsistencies. I do this kind of thing for a living.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »
Hmm.

(directed at capt. h.)

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:13 AM »
Why are people voting capt. h again? He's basically being Zent from MotK Mafioso right now and I am immediately suspect of PX and Conqueror for doing nothing beyond chiming in just to vote him and saying nothing else worthwhile.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »
Cut by a zillion people including Shadoweh: The reasons that can be found in the posts that vote for Bard, of course. I think you are misreading or some such because I am saying the provided reasons to vote for Bard are uninteresting, not the provided reasons not to vote for him.
So you mean this part?
Joke vote phase is over? I must have missed this memo. I can sympathize with the desire to get it over and done with but declaring it dead when it doesn't appear to be is kinda eh.
Maybe I am misreading because I can't find the reason not to vote for him here. Maybe that's because I can't find a clear opinion.

capt.h: Bwaahahahaha! Schezo is like, as transparant as plasti-wrap. You'll see eventually. You can't policy lynch Pesco though, he's not here unless K4U wasn't joking. And if you try to policy lynch her I will murder you.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2011, 02:33:09 AM »
I'm currently working on the course catalog. There are at least a hundred words in there that don't exist. Academics tend to use big words without making sure the suffixes can work on those words.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2011, 02:33:37 AM »
* The Least Certain Kitten In The World hyper facepalms

Replace all instances of Schezo with PX. DAMN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS WITH YOUR WHIPPERSNAPPERNESS!

* The Least Certain Kitten In The World shakes her walking stick at them

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2011, 02:36:07 AM »
Shadoweh: My stated reason to not vote for him is because the stated reasons to vote for him are uninteresting. If reasons to vote for someone do not appeal to me then I'm not going to vote for them. I'm not sure how "unclear" that really is.

capt h.: There is already far too much noise in this thread, please stop contributing to it by making posts unrelated to the game. Especially when you currently do not have a vote down anywhere.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2011, 02:40:49 AM »
You're no fun Kilga, I get back after a 6 month hiatus and you're all "NO NOISE EVER >=[!" Can't have any fun around here :(

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2011, 02:42:16 AM »
yeah pretty much

Er, to the second sentence. One should never underestimate my procrastinatory abilities!

Besides, I wish I had rolled scum this game. I was hoping I would! But it's nice to be playing again either way.

OR MAYBE I AM SCUM #UNVOTE VOTE NEOSE-no that'd be dumb k

A sarcastic confession. You know, this looks like a scum tactic.

Well, are you scum, NeoSerela?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2011, 02:43:25 AM »
I went away to eat lunch.
Now we're on page 3.
What the hell just happened?
And there are votes on Pescar what.
Anyway, I have some stuff to do right now, so I'll read through this mess a bit later.
Though capt.h's argument against Schezo is baffling, to say the least.

Warning - while you were typing 11 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
... What.

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2011, 02:45:28 AM »
The extra noise in this thread is unnecessary is allowing people to get away with drive-by posts that do very little to express proper opinions, though. See: Conqueror and PX. I seriously want to see a concrete post from both of them like right now, because their one-liners on capt. h express little beyond a desire to jump on somebody for typical newbie derp while ignoring everything else that is currently going on in the game. I would be willing to switch my vote to one of them, in fact, and it's irritating that everybody is ignoring them due to the posting storm.

tl;dr version of my opinions up to this point: Bard's jump on Serela is worth a vote, Conqueror and PX are bad, all three need to speak.

Conqueror

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2011, 02:47:22 AM »
@huh what

I made my case because the other ones were unappealing (and I thought it might be some sort of slip-up on his side).
Voting Bard for having a forced vote to bring us out of RVS is silly. Voting huh what for slamming him is also silly, but slightly less so because of the silliness of his own vote. Voting Neo is...better, I suppose, as his reaction to Bard's vote was a bit on the defensive side. But otherwise I don't really see anything worth voting for.

PX looks bad for his blatant copying of my vote, but given his previous track record as town, I can't make any conclusions from that.

I think my vote on capt h. is as good here as anywhere.