Author Topic: RQ: Suwapyon's scoring and gameplay mechanics  (Read 1169 times)

RQ: Suwapyon's scoring and gameplay mechanics
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:09:00 AM »
hello! It seems that the suwapyon thread is old enough that it shouldn't be posted on, so I'll start this one instead. Does anyone know what's the scoring and gameplay mechanics are? It seems that generally avoiding losing health (even if through deathbombs) is just as efficient (scoring-wise) than grazing. Also, what exactly is the damage reduction calculated, and what does the G items do? Also, how's health gained? Is there any bonuses for collecting surplus bombs or health? What's the Speed meter?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:34:51 AM by Naut »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: RQ: Suwapyon's scoring and gameplay mechanics
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »
I think the G items are the ones that give you health. As for the speed meter, I think it's just an indication for how fast the screen is scrolling.

I have honestly no idea how you score high in this game.  :S

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: RQ: Suwapyon's scoring and gameplay mechanics
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
According to the readme, the damage reduction is 0.01 per 200 graze to a maximum of 0.50 at 10000 graze. As for scoring, apparently the formula for point item value is based on both your graze amount and your life meter, but the formula given in the readme seems to have a typo in it, so I'm not sure exactly how it's calculated.