Author Topic: Let's introduce some artists  (Read 4349 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Let's introduce some artists
« on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
http://www.geocities.jp/beatxart/top.html

Taketani Yoshito is one of my favorite japanese artists, his work is mostly macabre and strangely enticing sort of dark visualizations. It is both beautiful and scary and the reason I was introduced and got stuck to liking his stuff is because of exactly that.
Few and fewer artists approach art with a dark ended mind, most prefer a formal if not exposed beauty, normally represented in colors which are solid and firm, bright and beautiful, in Yoshito, color is another term for 'macabre' to present just another facade of his layered works, both in meaning and intent.

So what other artists do you like?
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Easy Mode

Re: Let's introduce some artists
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
Yukaman. She's amazing. It's like Junko Mizuno, Slaves, and a Hi-Liter had an art baby.

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »
Noizi Ito is my favorite visual artist.

She may work under the 'moe' archetype characters, but she is able to make her characters possess a unique quality that is quite apart from the usual anime characters. That's why I have developed a liking to her visualization of 'moe' which is very much different from what you can usually see in the anime industry today.

You may remember her as the artist in the Suzumiya Haruhi and Shakugan no Shana light novels.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:29:10 AM by Anunsew »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »
Harada Takehito, the artist who was behind a lot of the art in NIS games, mostly in Disgaea and Phantom Brave. Me being a NIStard usually doesn't have much to do with why I like this guy's art.

Shigatake comes in a close second as another favorite of mine as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:47:37 AM by Tere Ingrabus »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
Gogono Panya My favorite K-ON (yuri) artist.

Sakuraba Yuuki Quite possibly my favorite Touhou artist of all time.
 I like how he/she writes and how his/her characters just move with...err, feelings.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

dustyjo

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
Kazami Karasu.

He draws fluffy things.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
Heh, I wonder how many of you are familiar with some western and most obscure artists?
most of the ones listed are moe/japanese manga style artists desu~ne

for me, I really like the art of H.R. Giger.
wonder if you all know about him, famed for the Alien trilogy and more.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 02:44:07 AM »
I'm familiar with Giger and I must admit that he is amazing with making everything look organic. But I'm just not too fond of it because I like color.

But when people ask me for my favorite artist the first person who always comes to mind is Fealasy. The woman's not afraid to experiment with her brush strokes and her colors. It's fucking inspiring. Almost everything she does is full of life and attitude.

I'd trade my soul for that skill.

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 03:32:39 AM »
for me, I really like the art of H.R. Giger.
wonder if you all know about him, famed for the Alien trilogy and more.
Oh thank god... I wanted to post in this thread, but all of my favourite artists are westerners and everyone mentioned so far was Japanese so I thought it was just about Japanese artists but it looks like I was wrong.  Yay.

And oh my, Giger~  I just love his stuff~  It's so creepy and cool at the same time.  There's just something so... Unsettling, but at the same time beautiful about his work.  It's difficult to describe, but I guess I'm just a true blue nightmare fetishist, ahah~

My other favourite artist, besides Giger, is William Blake, who also happens to be my favourite poet (go figure, huh?).  I especially love the art he did for The Divine Comedy (which, again, is another one of my favourites).  His work just has this kind of weird, almost spiritual edge to it, which... Makes sense, I guess, seeing how philosophically minded the man was (and way ahead of his time, too, if some of the views put forth in his poetry are to be believed).  But, uh, yeah.  Love his stuff.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:36:21 AM by Magical Moerin~♥ »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 07:42:26 AM »
heh... Taku, I'd trade MY soul for being able to paint like Redjuice.

for western artists, my favorite comic artist is dead sadly... some of you may have read Image comic's Witchblade, the original creator's artworks are godly.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 01:33:56 AM »
Sayori probably needs no introduction, but I saw this today and holy shit she is everything I have ever aspired to as an artist

Okay, on topic, I'm a big fan of Karl Kerschl.  Great inker, great guy.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm