Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 285171 times)

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2011, 05:55:05 AM »
It's possible...maybe. Chances are, though, that (A) V2 files will be up for V1 players to finish V2 save requests and (B) they are packaged with the rest of the game on various areas.

Going back and forth between this and paper....

Focus on one thing for best results. You are not a dual core processor. You keep going the way you are, I'm going to have to come over here and upgrade the heatsink on your brain before it overheats XD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:59:12 AM by Flinix »
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2011, 06:20:09 AM »
OK then. I guess it's off to the third path (random snoozing) for now. As for checking mod working status, I'd say that changing the player score (not sure about this one), playing through the game, or just getting saves (...yeah right they're mostly v1 ones) are the few testing options.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2011, 06:39:38 AM »
Is there going to be a greater mod update?
What about the moon this time?)
A wandering Russian newbie.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2011, 06:43:17 AM »

Haha, greater? Isn't this mod pack good enough? I thought the moon was supposed to be included inthe pack, I think I'm wrogn on that one, oh well

I am really bad about my avi picture I know, up shut XD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:00:44 AM by Flinix »
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
Likely. Though it probably won't be included officially...have to check back with Squid on this one.
While I think the script corrections will work out, my proposed massive model expansion probably won't (filesize, performance, and especially memory usage).

As for the moon...well, I took a quick read and found out it involves a mod to the effectspc.txd file, which was not modded with the rest of the files. I take it this was overlooked....

Haha, greater? Isn't this mod pack good enough? I thought the moon was supposed to be included inthe pack, I think I'm wrogn on that one, oh well

I am really bad about my avi picture I know, up shut XD
Eh...it can be crazier. And the avvy has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Found a set of backup files here! After replacing the script files (main.scm and script.img), V1 saves load fully (hilariously, V2 and V3 ones now crash).
This really opens up modding horizons a bit more and makes modding a bit easier (they could be included with the mod for V2 and V3 users ... of course we won't be putting a V1 executable with this, for legal reasons).
Major difference really is the latter file - on v2 it is 6kb smaller, all of which came from gf_sex.scm (used for Hot Coffee).
Also, I may need a bit more testing....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:40:10 PM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »
Likely. Though it probably won't be included officially...have to check back with Squid on this one.
While I think the script corrections will work out, my proposed massive model expansion probably won't (filesize, performance, and especially memory usage).

As for the moon...well, I took a quick read and found out it involves a mod to the effectspc.txd file, which was not modded with the rest of the files. I take it this was overlooked....
Eh...it can be crazier. And the avvy has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Found a set of backup files here! After replacing the script files (main.scm and script.img), V1 saves load fully (hilariously, V2 and V3 ones now crash).
This really opens up modding horizons a bit more and makes modding a bit easier (they could be included with the mod for V2 and V3 users ... of course we won't be putting a V1 executable with this, for legal reasons).
Major difference really is the latter file - on v2 it is 6kb smaller, all of which came from gf_sex.scm (used for Hot Coffee).
Also, I may need a bit more testing....

If there is to be another update, we might want to have more available separate from the last one, rather than just one or two things added. Still want to see if that little Gensokyo map add-on you mentioned is still around. Also, I have a shrine, Marisa's house, and a few other models for landscape....except they are in MMD format once again.

WOW that site took forever to load! Now loaded, yes, it does seem like it would be easier to mod...but I already have a backup laying around, haha.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:42:41 PM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »
this one is great enough as said

So because we have another SAMP player here, what servers do you play on? My small list is:

1. )BlackTurbo's World of Looney Fun! - For some reason, I like San Fierro Airport in this server since it seems to be the only place people go to, plus its got lots of planes and I've always liked airplanes especially when there's a lot of people to shoot down XDDD
2. )Impluse99 - I got banned from this server recently though. I had always played with the Touhou mod in place. Then I decide to log in with my desktop and laptop so I could start testing whether or not having the mods yourself would work for the other player to see them and be affected by them. Turns out I got banned for "armor hacking" as soon as I logged in, when I did nothing different. Oh well
3. )GamerX 0.3c - This is my most played one since I like to race and there is active racing schedule on this server, plus there are a lot of good drivers in the races.

Percentage chance rate to get a reply from speedy105: 0.0000045% XD

1. i just play 1 server(s)
-  ??The World War III [Forest TDM?]?? - my most liked server since its just fun (but the 1.4 beta update came yesterday so everything is a new bit to me :D) (ill NEVER reach admin here im already at this server since may 2010 (at least im VIP))
-  Logical Roleplay ? Refunding - im maybe going to play this one also since a good friend of me at the ww3 server is maybe quiting the server due locking out/insults/ignoring by the admins/managment  (and he was a lvl 5 admin) anyway hes going to this server sooooo...... ^^

2. why do i only get a chance of 0.0000045% of replying? xD i at least deserve a 10% @_@ (but its still a fact that i dont post so much xD)

3. even that i dont post so much i take my time to read everything posted after i did

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
If there is to be another update, we might want to have more available separate from the last one, rather than just one or two things added. Still want to see if that little Gensokyo map add-on you mentioned is still around. Also, I have a shrine, Marisa's house, and a few other models for landscape....except they are in MMD format once again.

WOW that site took forever to load! Now loaded, yes, it does seem like it would be easier to mod...but I already have a backup laying around, haha.
Good ideas. Again I have no clue how to get MMD over to GTA. Not with Blender, anyways.

Strange, that site only took a few seconds for me.
Given that you said you had V2/V3, however, the current backup won't cover the much more moddable v1 so I'd get the script files at least and overwrite the v2 ones.

Unless you were crazy enough to demand more after finding too many repeats with 20x population.

2. why do i only get a chance of 0.0000045% of replying? xD i at least deserve a 10% @_@ (but its still a fact that i dont post so much xD)
Wild speculation on Flinix's part.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:32:13 PM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2011, 12:01:08 AM »

1. i just play 1 server(s)
-  ??The World War III [Forest TDM?]?? - my most liked server since its just fun (but the 1.4 beta update came yesterday so everything is a new bit to me :D) (ill NEVER reach admin here im already at this server since may 2010 (at least im VIP))
-  Logical Roleplay ? Refunding - im maybe going to play this one also since a good friend of me at the ww3 server is maybe quiting the server due locking out/insults/ignoring by the admins/managment  (and he was a lvl 5 admin) anyway hes going to this server sooooo...... ^^

I may try it one day. I'm always on the lookout for new ones as long as they allow me to roam free and aren't strict on RP to where I can't even take a car of my choice.

3. even that i dont post so much i take my time to read everything posted after i did

It was a joke for said reason of very few posts, but its not like i was making fun of, since I don't even know who you are to do so.

Good ideas. Again I have no clue how to get MMD over to GTA. Not with Blender, anyways.

We MUST go on a journey to find how, jk, but we should figure this out so we can fool around with these characters and do some great remapping.

Wild speculation on Flinix's part.

Hey, you even agreed on that, you can't say anything.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
We MUST go on a journey to find how, jk, but we should figure this out so we can fool around with these characters and do some great remapping.

Hey, you even agreed on that, you can't say anything.
Eventually, eventually. For now we have script files and existing Touhou model importing to deal with.

OK, I know I agreed on your statement, but oh well....
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2011, 01:46:21 AM »
Eventually, eventually. For now we have script files and existing Touhou model importing to deal with.

OK, I know I agreed on your statement, but oh well....

Like the model picture. I assume you have this one included in your pack, right?

EDIT ICHI: Why is your name blue BTW? I kinda like it because its easy to see
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:02:06 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »
Like the model picture. I assume you have this one included in your pack, right?

EDIT ICHI: Why is your name blue BTW? I kinda like it because its easy to see
That is included in my model pack under the name "meilings" (originally smei). Note that it is really short, hence the "miniscule" part in my name.

As for the blue name, it's because I hold an Idiot Princess (IP) title. Those are gained through periodic IP contests and challenges over at CPCM's Moronic Coliseum.
Right now the last one is already done, and the upcoming IP event there is a 4-way duel in which I'm a part of.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:15:58 AM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:30 AM »
That is included in my model pack under the name "meilings" (originally smei). Note that it is really short, hence the "miniscule" part in my name.

As for the blue name, it's because I hold an Idiot Princess (IP) title. Those are gained through periodic IP contests and challenges over at CPCM's Moronic Coliseum.
Right now the last one is already done, and the upcoming IP event there is a 4-way duel in which I'm a part of.

I have absolutely no idea what these little duels you are talking about are, what you do in them, etc etc etc. Maybe you can tell me a short snippet of what it may be.

I could tell she was tiny since she 1.) looked like a Chibi, and 2.) the people around her are obviously taller.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2011, 03:49:13 AM »
I have absolutely no idea what these little duels you are talking about are, what you do in them, etc etc etc. Maybe you can tell me a short snippet of what it may be.

I could tell she was tiny since she 1.) looked like a Chibi, and 2.) the people around her are obviously taller.
Example of a previous duel (UK vs. Shadoweh, for the latter's Idiot Maiden position) here. Idiot rankings are explained more simply in this post.

I would've put a comical Cirno (the same one in the NSFW tag here) instead, but this was somewhat funnier.

Can't find a decent file to test the settings with...the Ultimate Start puts the character at Stage 6 Boss level :o. This is much further than what I'm testing....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:51:41 AM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »
Example of a previous duel (UK vs. Shadoweh, for the latter's Idiot Maiden position) here. Idiot rankings are explained more simply in this post.

I would've put a comical Cirno (the same one in the NSFW tag here) instead, but this was somewhat funnier.

Can't find a decent file to test the settings with...the Ultimate Start puts the character at Stage 6 Boss level :o. This is much further than what I'm testing....

Haha, nice. I doubt I'll ever participate in those staff-sanctioned contests though. At least I got a good explanation. Too bad your ranking can be removed at any time, I've gotten used to seeing your name in blue so when it one day changes back to normal, I won't be able to find you XD

EDIT ICHI: HAHA, I missed it the first time. This guys ranking must be independent of that contest thing...Ranking=Hurrrrrrrrr...just wow

EDIT NI: On the other hand, I can help you with this.
Repeat after me: 아ㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏ ~
I lol'd at that video so hard
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:45:55 PM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:12 PM »
Haha, nice. I doubt I'll ever participate in those staff-sanctioned contests though. At least I got a good explanation. Too bad your ranking can be removed at any time, I've gotten used to seeing your name in blue so when it one day changes back to normal, I won't be able to find you XD

EDIT ICHI: HAHA, I missed it the first time. This guys ranking must be independent of that contest thing...Ranking=Hurrrrrrrrr...just wow

EDIT NI: On the other hand, I can help you with this.
Repeat after me: 아ㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏ ~
I lol'd at that video so hard
Depending on the results of the upcoming IP duel I may end up as an Idiot Maiden (IM) and get a cyan name instead. As for names being removed any time, usually it's due to misconduct or loss in an IP duel.

"Hurrrrrrrrrrrr" is for the Special Members (for contributions that aren't illustrations, stories, or music - see Drake's projects) and are not part of the Idiot Hierarchy.

"아ㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏ~" is a great way to describe my current situation...finals and paper, brilliant! Combine that with a lack of sleep and time to sleep....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:07:06 PM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
Depending on the results of the upcoming IP duel I may end up as an Idiot Maiden (IM) and get a cyan name instead. As for names being removed any time, usually it's due to misconduct or loss in an IP duel.

"Hurrrrrrrrrrrr" is for the Special Members (for contributions that aren't illustrations, stories, or music - see Drake's projects) and are not part of the Idiot Hierarchy.

"아ㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏ~" is a great way to describe my current situation...finals and paper, brilliant! Combine that with a lack of sleep and time to sleep....

I have no motivation to participate in the event(s), so I'll be regular ol' Flinix.

Haha, I need to get my stuff done as well. Some studying, which will be done tomorrow, not tonight as tonight is rather for the last two sections of an easy A class. I want to get that out of the way. After so, I'll be racing online with GTA SAMP since I already wore out Carmageddon today XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
Uhhh I don't want to sound too demanding but, could someone please start seeding the torrent again? I'm hanging at 78% and I'm not too fond of having to start from scratch with the megaupload links.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »
Uhhh I don't want to sound too demanding but, could someone please start seeding the torrent again? I'm hanging at 78% and I'm not too fond of having to start from scratch with the megaupload links.
I don't have the torrent, sorry.

I think we should break down this mod's download components so that there's a common bit and then selectable model packs. The 15+GB of contents here is just a bit heavy....
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2011, 06:02:50 PM »

The torrent has been dead for a while. I'm surprised you even got to 78%. I couldn't get a stinkin' byte of download XD. Megaupload is the only other choice I would have to say. But because you don't really want to do the Megaupload way, I have a suggestion for you to make Megaupload less unwanting while obtaining your files. Make a free membership account there and you'll get much faster download speeds than with no account at all, plus less waiting times (25 seconds) than the 45 seconds with no account. I downloaded the whole pack in a few hours time, so its not too bad, especially if your doing something else while it downloads.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:23 AM »
I don't have the torrent, sorry.

I think we should break down this mod's download components so that there's a common bit and then selectable model packs. The 15+GB of contents here is just a bit heavy....

The torrent has been dead for a while. I'm surprised you even got to 78%. I couldn't get a stinkin' byte of download XD. Megaupload is the only other choice I would have to say. But because you don't really want to do the Megaupload way, I have a suggestion for you to make Megaupload less unwanting while obtaining your files. Make a free membership account there and you'll get much faster download speeds than with no account at all, plus less waiting times (25 seconds) than the 45 seconds with no account. I downloaded the whole pack in a few hours time, so its not too bad, especially if your doing something else while it downloads.

Alright I guess it can't be helped, I'll try using that downloader mentioned earlier.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2011, 06:26:52 AM »
Alright I guess it can't be helped, I'll try using that downloader mentioned earlier.

Lovely little avi you got there. Haha, "the Mindf**k Pokemon". I dislike Pokemon, but have you ever played Touhoumon? All it is, is just a remake of characters and some spells, but for people like me who hated the series, I actually sat down and played it for a few days without complaints.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »
Lovely little avi you got there. Haha, "the Mindf**k Pokemon". I dislike Pokemon, but have you ever played Touhoumon? All it is, is just a remake of characters and some spells, but for people like me who hated the series, I actually sat down and played it for a few days without complaints.
Touhoumon was what inspired me to put that there in the first place :D
I loved it, despite being somewhat of a Pokemon hater I found myself jumping from version to version without ever getting tired of it.

Back on topic: By some miracle I installed the whole pack in half a day, however there are some problems I'm finding in-game:

1. After being blown away at the fact the models in the cutscenes have changed followed by laughing my ass off at Marisa being arrested by Flandres. I noticed that my "Carl" player model is some kind of deformed blob of body parts levitating above the floor. Not only that but when I try to switch the player model out using the instructions on the readme, the model changes, however the game crashes as soon as I make the change, there has been one instance where it crashed maybe 5 seconds after the change rather than instantly after it, but it still crashes.

2. After playing the game for a while as black ditto, I notice the streets around me suddenly start blurring themselves, from what I observed the game is blurring the environment around you as if you were looking at it from a fair distance. So either Reisen is screwing with me or I have a problem...
If these questions have already been answered I apologise in advance...:V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
Back on topic: By some miracle I installed the whole pack in half a day, however there are some problems I'm finding in-game:

1. After being blown away at the fact the models in the cutscenes have changed followed by laughing my ass off at Marisa being arrested by Flandres. I noticed that my "Carl" player model is some kind of deformed blob of body parts levitating above the floor. Not only that but when I try to switch the player model out using the instructions on the readme, the model changes, however the game crashes as soon as I make the change, there has been one instance where it crashed maybe 5 seconds after the change rather than instantly after it, but it still crashes.

2. After playing the game for a while as black ditto, I notice the streets around me suddenly start blurring themselves, from what I observed the game is blurring the environment around you as if you were looking at it from a fair distance. So either Reisen is screwing with me or I have a problem...
If these questions have already been answered I apologise in advance...:V
Go to your GTA: SA directory and edit stream.ini. Change the "memory" and "devkit_memory" values to a very high value like 512000, since the models here take up more memory than their GTA counterparts.

No idea about the crashing other than "was gta.dat replaced in the data folder?" Usually immediate crashes are caused by an absence of a reference to the skin.img file in said DAT.

The CJ player model tends to do that when starting a new game. An easy solution is to go inside a building (the nearby Jefferson Motel is a good one), open up the Skin Switcher, and change the fat and muscle values via CLEO Skin Switcher (TAB + Q + E...though I do mouse wheel down instead of E). Make sure to preview the value too.

Also, onto my skin things...turns out 256 models is the maximum for CLEO Skin Switcher's skin addon IMG, but I think I'll hit just under that limit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:11:25 PM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2011, 05:19:22 PM »
Go to your GTA: SA directory and edit stream.ini. Change the "memory" and "devkit_memory" values to a very high value like 512000, since the models here take up more memory than their GTA counterparts.

No idea about the crashing other than "was gta.dat replaced in the data folder?" Usually immediate crashes are caused by an absence of a reference to the skin.img file in said DAT.

The CJ player model tends to do that when starting a new game. An easy solution is to go inside a building (the nearby Jefferson Motel is a good one), open up the Skin Switcher, and change the fat and muscle values via CLEO Skin Switcher (TAB + Q + E...though I do mouse wheel down instead of E). Make sure to preview the value too.

Also, onto my skin things...turns out 256 models is the maximum for CLEO Skin Switcher's skin addon IMG, but I think I'll hit just under that limit.

Remember though, that even if I have mine up to 1024 or 2048, it doesn't make a difference. In this case, maybe its something else causing the problem. Then again, I have 10x population, but to counter my own reasoning, it does it online where population doesn't exist as a variable as well.

About the CJ model being all stretched out and sideways, I found it funny at first when I saw it, though if you load Touhou GTA into a saved game file (tested in a 100% game complete saved game file), the CJ character is defaulted as the girl with the full long red dress and white hair with the crescent moon loop of her hair. If you are on a new game and you are CJ, switch models, then switch back to CJ...its that girl again, except she's all completely white because the model colors won't load

And that is a lot of models. Haha, how big is the gta3.img file now? Also...I found a HUGE source of models....buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut its for MMD again, haha. There's just no references on how to port these things after researching this for a while. Its obviously been done, whats so hard on saying how to do so or at the very least, telling us what program(s) were used. Haha, that's obviously aimed at the people who ported them in the first place.

私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2011, 05:28:18 PM »
Remember though, that even if I have mine up to 1024 or 2048, it doesn't make a difference. In this case, maybe its something else causing the problem. Then again, I have 10x population, but to counter my own reasoning, it does it online where population doesn't exist as a variable as well.

About the CJ model being all stretched out and sideways, I found it funny at first when I saw it, though if you load Touhou GTA into a saved game file (tested in a 100% game complete saved game file), the CJ character is defaulted as the girl with the full long red dress and white hair with the crescent moon loop of her hair. If you are on a new game and you are CJ, switch models, then switch back to CJ...its that girl again, except she's all completely white because the model colors won't load

And that is a lot of models. Haha, how big is the gta3.img file now? Also...I found a HUGE source of models....buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut its for MMD again, haha. There's just no references on how to port these things after researching this for a while. Its obviously been done, whats so hard on saying how to do so or at the very least, telling us what program(s) were used. Haha, that's obviously aimed at the people who ported them in the first place.
Yeah, it's probably the extra population and the amount of spare memory in our systems (and GPU memory, maybe?) that makes a difference here.

The character you are referring to is Shinki. I've had other models do the same where textures fail, and the CJ model continues to remain a bit bugged.

The GTA3.img file is unchanged at the current moment. I'm putting the skins in the skin.img file for testing reasons, but there probably will be more than 256 that will be used in the GTA3.img file (thanks to the special character models as well).
...that is, if I give each one (or most of them) a unique model :P
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:49:32 PM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »

I've done that and I still get random crashes here and there, the most recent being about a minute after it started raining (if that helps at all). And I think the random blurring of the world is something to do with my GPU.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »
I've done that and I still get random crashes here and there, the most recent being about a minute after it started raining (if that helps at all). And I think the random blurring of the world is something to do with my GPU.
Is there a pattern to the crashes? For instance, does it happen after a certain instance, or if some song starts playing, etc.?

Random blurring...it doesn't happen terribly often on mine (Intel HD Graphics...really!), but that GPU tends to draw on additional RAM when needed (albeit unreliably), which may be why it doesn't happen often on mine. Which GPU is it?
Also, upgrade to the latest drivers from your GPU manufacturer's site.

You may want to install San Andreas Limit Adjuster (SALA) as well, and then contact me for an updated limits file (because the default one WILL crash on a 4-star wanted level). It often gives nice little crash report dialogs and log files.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:36:04 PM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:30 PM »
Is there a pattern to the crashes? For instance, does it happen after a certain instance, or if some song starts playing, etc.?

Random blurring...it doesn't happen terribly often on mine (Intel HD Graphics...really!), but that GPU tends to draw on additional RAM when needed (albeit unreliably), which may be why it doesn't happen often on mine. Which GPU is it?
Also, upgrade to the latest drivers from your GPU manufacturer's site.

You may want to install San Andreas Limit Adjuster (SALA) as well, and then contact me for an updated limits file (because the default one WILL crash on a 4-star wanted level). It often gives nice little crash report dialogs and log files.
Suddenly the game crashes when I take about 5 steps from my home. And this was after loading that same save a few times. Also I can't seem to find this 'Limit Adjuster' All (about 6) download links I found led to 404 errors.
I'll try updating my GPU driver and see how that goes, just recently upgraded to an ATI 6970 from two 4890s so it could be the case.
Also would the frame limiter in the settings contribute to any of the graphics or game crashes? Just a hunch I have...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
Suddenly the game crashes when I take about 5 steps from my home. And this was after loading that same save a few times. Also I can't seem to find this 'Limit Adjuster' All (about 6) download links I found led to 404 errors.
Ah. May be due to the model files, then...in which case I have no idea on what to say other than try a different model pack and see how it goes.

My SALA is attached. Put in the main GTA directory (not while GTA: SA is running, of course).

I'll try updating my GPU driver and see how that goes, just recently upgraded to an ATI 6970 from two 4890s so it could be the case.
Also would the frame limiter in the settings contribute to any of the graphics or game crashes? Just a hunch I have...
Holy moly, that's a nice GPU. Odd that it has those issues given it has 2GB dedicated memory.

Frame limiter will set the game to play at 25FPS max (can be set to 60 with Ryosuke's Extended Display Settings ASI...which doesn't work with this mod). It has little to do with graphics and game crashes IIRC.
But judging from your card I'd just leave it off and set everything maximum.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:31:30 AM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name