Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 285169 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »
Netbooks aren't a bad as people say. I still own my netbook, still works fine. I got one of the first models that came out actually, and for being a first gen, its not too bad. It has 64MB dedicated video memory (and that's all I about know since I never actually looked it up) 1GB DDR2 533Mhtz RAM, 160GB hard drive and a 1.6Ght Atom processor. I tested PWI on it as well, about 20-25 fps at minimal settings, don't even ask about medium and high. My netbook however still supports 1920x1080, maybe even 2560x1600 resolution<---(that was a guess of numbers, you get what I'm talking about) on an external monitor of coarse.
Probably was one of those models with the Intel GMA 950 and the Atom N270 processor. In which case, 2048?1536 (VGA maximum) would have been the limit since said GMA has no HDMI (<=1920x1080) or DVI/DisplayPort (<=2560x1600) support.
Unless, of course, it was one of the models with NVIDIA ION, but those came around 2009, during the middle of the netbook craze.

As for netbooks now, I'm still not a fan but the models with AMD Fusion APUs are very interesting.

I was in luck for Tiny 7 since I don't have beast machines, or even machines comparable to today. All my machines were 32bit, until last week when I bought a perfectly good 64-bit mobo with its case and PSU for 10 bucks. I added the extra components and put my student copy from IRSC of Windows 7 Professional x64 and it runs nicely, though its not my main until I get 3-4Gb or RAM in it.

I do wish Tiny 7 kept Japanese in there just as you mentioned but because I can't read Japanese anyways, its not hurting me too much just yet
I think the major reason Chinese, Japanese, and Korean were removed from Tiny 7 was due to the fact that these languages have so many characters (and, for Korean, character combinations). In turn, this takes up lots of space.

For the Win7 x64 install, just skip straight to 4+ GB of RAM. Any less and it's not worth the 64-bit jump.

Finally found that bastard cng.sys file, which Windows says was corrupted after a failed replacement with another cng.sys from same drive. Time to bring out the old clone....
ANOTHER EDIT: What is this, there was no cng.sys on the original source! Damnit!
Oh well, I guess I'll have to back up Carmageddon (ugh this is tough), more documents, call an ATA Secure Erase (to speed the SSD back up), and re-clone! Another overnight job, brilliant!

A THIRD EDIT: Already knew that on systems with Physical Address Extensions (PAE) enabled, 32-bit Linux, BSD, and Mac OS kernels can address up to 32GB of memory total. However, applications are still stuck to 4GB maximum (a major let-down for us audio creators who may have heaps of instruments loaded at once).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:27:56 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2011, 05:51:46 AM »
Probably was one of those models with the Intel GMA 950 and the Atom N270 processor. In which case, 2048?1536 (VGA maximum) would have been the limit since said GMA has no HDMI (<=1920x1080) or DVI/DisplayPort (<=2560x1600) support.
Unless, of course, it was one of the models with NVIDIA ION, but those came around 2009, during the middle of the netbook craze.

As for netbooks now, I'm still not a fan but the models with AMD Fusion APUs are very interesting.
I think the major reason Chinese, Japanese, and Korean were removed from Tiny 7 was due to the fact that these languages have so many characters (and, for Korean, character combinations). In turn, this takes up lots of space.

For the Win7 x64 install, just skip straight to 4+ GB of RAM. Any less and it's not worth the 64-bit jump.

Finally found that bastard cng.sys file, which Windows says was corrupted after a failed replacement with another cng.sys from same drive. Time to bring out the old clone....
ANOTHER EDIT: What is this, there was no cng.sys on the original source! Damnit!
Oh well, I guess I'll have to back up Carmageddon (ugh this is tough), more documents, call an ATA Secure Erase (to speed the SSD back up), and re-clone! Another overnight job, brilliant!

A THIRD EDIT: Already knew that on systems with Physical Address Extensions (PAE) enabled, 32-bit Linux, BSD, and Mac OS kernels can address up to 32GB of memory total. However, applications are still stuck to 4GB maximum (a major let-down for us audio creators who may have heaps of instruments loaded at once).

I haven't checked up on any new netbooks and their features and hardware, but the AMD Fusion APU seems interesting, but im not going to even look it up since Why would I need to? I have over 8 laptops over here XDDDD

As for the 64-bit desktop, I would stick 8-16GB of RAM into it, but even though its a 64-bit board, it only supports 4GB. Kinda sucks, but the computer works great and I'm not complaining for 10 bucks. Now this is just a guess, but running 32-bit applications, such as GTA will still only use the same amount of resources as if I were doing it on a 32-bit processor, right?? The only thing necessarily taking up more than a 32-bit system in this case would be the OS, right?

Sorry to hear that your file integrity isn't working out for you. Good thing I have Linux live CD's and a 1TB external. I have a feeling the 300GB drive which my XP system resides on may be going bad. I myself am going to have to do some major backups soon.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:27:03 AM by Flinix »
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2011, 06:28:10 AM »
I haven't checked up on any new netbooks and their features and hardware, but the AMD Fusion APU seems interesting, but im not going to even look it up since Why would I need to? I have over 8 laptops over here XDDDD
AMD Fusion, put rather shortly, attempts to enhance overall power by increased leverage of the integrated GPU (IIRC an AMD Radeon 6250 or 6310, depending on model and CPU).
In the current netbook implementation (IIRC Zacate and/or Ontario), the CPU matches current Atoms, but GPU-wise it blows even the sub-notebook competition out of the water.

As for the 64-bit desktop, I would stuck 8-16GB of RAM into it, but even though its a 64-bit board, it only supports 4GB. Kinda sucks, but the computer works great and I'm not complaining for 10 bucks. Now this is just a guess, but running 32-bit applications, such as GTA will still only use the same amount of resources as if I were doing it on a 32-bit processor, right?? The only thing necessarily taking up more than a 32-bit system in this case would be the OS, right?
Some systems can go over their stated maximum support (eg. installing 16GB into current dual-core laptops even though Intel officially supports only up to 8GB). Experimentation is best, and even 6GB is good for many.

As for GTA and resources, it really does not make a difference between 32 and 64-bit, since the latter has near-full x86 compatibility (16-bit executables however do not work in the Windows implementation under the latter). The OS often takes a bit more resources, but it does not have to fight with every other 32-bit application over the same RAM space (Windows example again).

Sorry to hear that your file integrity isn't working out for you. Good thing I have Linux live CD's and a 1TB external. I have a feeling the 300GB drive which my XP system resides on may be going bad. I myself am going to have to do some major backups soon.
I'm using that Ubuntu SD card for most of the diagnosis and preparation. Fortunately most of my data resides on externals, so I won't lose out too much.

Also downloaded a crapton of models and a few CLEO scripts that I may consider toying with on my Touhou GTA install. It's probably not a good idea to use what I'm creating for SAMP though - besides Squidtentacle put only 92-ish (actually a little over 100?) models since he said his computer started shaking up with more....

As for cng.sys, I believe it was a result of the failed update that made the system go down the drain.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:37:53 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2011, 07:43:08 AM »
AMD Fusion, put rather shortly, attempts to enhance overall power by increased leverage of the integrated GPU (IIRC an AMD Radeon 6250 or 6310, depending on model and CPU).
In the current netbook implementation (IIRC Zacate and/or Ontario), the CPU matches current Atoms, but GPU-wise it blows even the sub-notebook competition out of the water.

Still probably not fast enough to play GTA IV smoothly though.
Some systems can go over their stated maximum support (eg. installing 16GB into current dual-core laptops even though Intel officially supports only up to 8GB). Experimentation is best, and even 6GB is good for many.

Well I can't experiment til I get some RAM in. I only have 1GB PC6400 800Mht DDR2 (which I found thankfully), in the computer right now. Because I don't have but this 1GB, the poor thing is sitting in my closet, all alone, crying, wanting to be pet like a kitty cat.

As for GTA and resources, it really does not make a difference between 32 and 64-bit, since the latter has near-full x86 compatibility (16-bit executables however do not work in the Windows implementation under the latter). The OS often takes a bit more resources, but it does not have to fight with every other 32-bit application over the same RAM space (Windows example again).
I'm using that Ubuntu SD card for most of the diagnosis and preparation. Fortunately most of my data resides on externals, so I won't lose out too much.

You speak as if the 32-bit co-processor has a partitioned percentage of memory when you speak about fighting over memory between 32-bit and 64-bit. Maybe I got that wrong, or is it actually the case.

Most of my data resides on externals as well, I just forget to update the backup often. My biggest reason to backup would be to make sure I don't loose my Vocaloid and Touhou folders, These folders are multiple Gigs each, and as of recently, I have acquired about 5-7GB more each folder since someone on 4chan uploaded what he calls "Instasets" which means I have spent ALL day going through seeing what I want and don't want, deleting as I go...and I'm only MAYBE 2GB in the first folder. *Insert ungodly heavy sigh here*

Also downloaded a crapton of models and a few CLEO scripts that I may consider toying with on my Touhou GTA install. It's probably not a good idea to use what I'm creating for SAMP though - besides Squidtentacle put only 92-ish (actually a little over 100?) models since he said his computer started shaking up with more....

Shaking up in what way? I have had major game loading problems recently (doesn't happen right away, so I'm imagining its memory issues). The game doesn't load in details, even when just sitting in one spot for a few minutes. In about a few more minutes of playing, the game completely freezes for a span of 5 seconds at a time, give or take a second depending on what I'm doing. In many instances, half the game doesn't load at all, but the existence of the objects is still there since I always seem to run into them when they're not there.

And when I want to show an example through a screenshot...the problem never occurs...lovely XD

As for cng.sys, I believe it was a result of the failed update that made the system go down the drain.

Which is exactly why I turn off Automatic Updates. People always have problems with them, and its not like they do anything besides take up my bandwidth and give me annoying messages and attempt to restart the computer when I'm doing something....yeah, you get my point.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:45:59 AM by Flinix »
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »
There, the game is starting to do it. But that's nothing compared to what it usually gets

Note that I'm in SAMP, but this happens in normal game too.

[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3][attach=4]

I think I can say I'm out of memory in this last screenshot
[attach=5]

This ought to be fun. "I do not see land Sir!"
[attach=6]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:53:12 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »
Still probably not fast enough to play GTA IV smoothly though.
Indeed, since GTA IV is very CPU and GPU memory-intensive (thanks poor port!)

You speak as if the 32-bit co-processor has a partitioned percentage of memory when you speak about fighting over memory between 32-bit and 64-bit. Maybe I got that wrong, or is it actually the case.
Um...that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Shaking up in what way? I have had major game loading problems recently (doesn't happen right away, so I'm imagining its memory issues). The game doesn't load in details, even when just sitting in one spot for a few minutes. In about a few more minutes of playing, the game completely freezes for a span of 5 seconds at a time, give or take a second depending on what I'm doing. In many instances, half the game doesn't load at all, but the existence of the objects is still there since I always seem to run into them when they're not there.

And when I want to show an example through a screenshot...the problem never occurs...lovely XD
Ah, I meant get increasingly unstable and use more memory, but that is to be expected with more crazy modding.

As for the game objects not loading, I heard that it was a result of installling a bunch of mods (typically texture ones) rather carelessly, but that may not be the case. Alternatively it is memory, but I didn't get this very often even on the default memory settings (13500).

Also, I tended to get similar issues with lots of travelling (usually flying), so it may be that since you're going out and about here the game has more objects to store in memory, leaving the textures and world details on the side.

Good to see Koishi in SAMP at least.

Which is exactly why I turn off Automatic Updates. People always have problems with them, and its not like they do anything besides take up my bandwidth and give me annoying messages and attempt to restart the computer when I'm doing something....yeah, you get my point.
I only turn on update notifications so I can download and install them in my own time, similar to the Mac OS X Software Update app.

As for images, I'd prefer that you link them to an image hosting service (TinyPic, for instance) and either have it shrunk to 640x480 (if you want to use the IMG tags) or thumbnail it for a link to the full-resolution image (if every detail matters). The attachments don't all expand properly here.

I'm also starting to track which mods should be used as well, should a SAMP set be created. I'd suggest some for performance (SALA, Stream.ini Extender), some aesthetic (CLEO speedometer, GTA IV HUD, Colour mod), specials (Vehicle spawner, in-game teleporter), and a few extra weapons (HL2 Gravity Gun, Portal gun) as part of the set, but it may turn out a bit hard to arrange.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »
Sup guys. I downloaded the torrent today but it's not downloading.. well it's just staying at 0%. Any ideas?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
Chances are that no one's seeding the torrent. Better off using the MegaUpload links.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2011, 10:59:51 PM »
Indeed, since GTA IV is very CPU and GPU memory-intensive (thanks poor port!)
Um...that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
Ah, I meant get increasingly unstable and use more memory, but that is to be expected with more crazy modding.

As for the game objects not loading, I heard that it was a result of installling a bunch of mods (typically texture ones) rather carelessly, but that may not be the case. Alternatively it is memory, but I didn't get this very often even on the default memory settings (13500).

Also, I tended to get similar issues with lots of travelling (usually flying), so it may be that since you're going out and about here the game has more objects to store in memory, leaving the textures and world details on the side.

Good to see Koishi in SAMP at least.
I only turn on update notifications so I can download and install them in my own time, similar to the Mac OS X Software Update app.

As for images, I'd prefer that you link them to an image hosting service (TinyPic, for instance) and either have it shrunk to 640x480 (if you want to use the IMG tags) or thumbnail it for a link to the full-resolution image (if every detail matters). The attachments don't all expand properly here.

I'm also starting to track which mods should be used as well, should a SAMP set be created. I'd suggest some for performance (SALA, Stream.ini Extender), some aesthetic (CLEO speedometer, GTA IV HUD, Colour mod), specials (Vehicle spawner, in-game teleporter), and a few extra weapons (HL2 Gravity Gun, Portal gun) as part of the set, but it may turn out a bit hard to arrange.

I haven't changed anything in the original game except the Touhou pack and the Carmageddon. If I'm the only one who has this problem, then I don't know what's up. I upgraded my memory from 2 to 3 GB today....and the effects are the same. Actually, the problem now happens faster than before. I'm lost at this point. I am also reinstalling GTA hoping to see for the best.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2011, 11:29:08 PM »
I haven't changed anything in the original game except the Touhou pack and the Carmageddon. If I'm the only one who has this problem, then I don't know what's up. I upgraded my memory from 2 to 3 GB today....and the effects are the same. Actually, the problem now happens faster than before. I'm lost at this point. I am also reinstalling GTA hoping to see for the best.
It's a very strange issue, indeed, that even with memory upgrades the problem remains intact....

Reinstalls are handy, I'll say that.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2011, 06:24:04 AM »
It's a very strange issue, indeed, that even with memory upgrades the problem remains intact....

Reinstalls are handy, I'll say that.

I'm wondering if its a specific item that is doing all the damage. I have two installations now, one Stock for SAMP racing and the other just Touhou. Even though it was recommended to have the Touhou GTA as a separate installation anyways, I tend to purposely not follow directions because what can go wrong? *Lightning hits and surges all 16 of my computers* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2011, 06:45:24 AM »
I'm wondering if its a specific item that is doing all the damage. I have two installations now, one Stock for SAMP racing and the other just Touhou. Even though it was recommended to have the Touhou GTA as a separate installation anyways, I tend to purposely not follow directions because what can go wrong? *Lightning hits and surges all 16 of my computers* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Ouch! Hope nothing was fried!

16 computers...granted you are a hardware technician but still that's a LOT. Here I have two and yet people say I could ditch one, even though their roles are (somewhat) clearly delineated.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
So I downloaded them all and started extracting the files from the .rars into the GTA directory and alot of the files are coming up as "broken". any help?

thanks

also what the heck is CLEO, where do i DL it, and do i need it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:39:09 AM by magiriifc »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2011, 07:49:14 AM »
Did ALL of them download completely? Also, they should be in the same directory and have the same name (before the filename extension - eg. TouhouGTA.part01.rar, TouhouGTA.part02.rar, etc. Example is for ILLUSTRATION purposes only).

CLEO, simply put, is needed to play with a lot of GTA: SA mods. It is included with the complete download, but can also be obtained separately (note: get CLEO 3, since the scripts are designed for it. CLEO 4 is very different).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:19:22 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
Ouch! Hope nothing was fried!

16 computers...granted you are a hardware technician but still that's a LOT. Here I have two and yet people say I could ditch one, even though their roles are (somewhat) clearly delineated.

Well the Lightning was only a situation to my joke of what could go wrong, though I have lost a computer about a year ago to lightning, good thing it was ancient.

Most of my computers are in the form of laptops. I have about 5 obsolete ones including my collectible 1993 laptop which hilariously looks like a waffle maker. I don't exactly have the room for all these computers, but I make it through. I have two rooms of three in my grandfathers house, but I refuse to put computers in a room I'll never use so my closet is buried in them instead.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »
Well the Lightning was only a situation to my joke of what could go wrong, though I have lost a computer about a year ago to lightning, good thing it was ancient.

Most of my computers are in the form of laptops. I have about 5 obsolete ones including my collectible 1993 laptop which hilariously looks like a waffle maker. I don't exactly have the room for all these computers, but I make it through. I have two rooms of three in my grandfathers house, but I refuse to put computers in a room I'll never use so my closet is buried in them instead.
That's ridiculous! Actually, I wonder what the specs (especially the mid-90s ones) on them are for one reason - MIDI and FM synthesis. Good example of what can be done on older systems with proper soundchips here.

Granted, I know there are VSTis, Dosbox, VMs, and more modern software available, but it's a lot more fun to do it on hardware ^^

As for Win7 problems, no dice! Chkdsk has run for about 3 1/2 hours straight and nothing has changed. Cutting it off results in a corrupted partition table (tried that yesterday - it was not fun to clone the data again overnight).
EDIT: Resorted to return to the old HDD. The issues were not fun over the past few weeks. Got my new models, and now it's time to play around with them! Wheeeeee ~
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:29:02 PM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:50 AM »
That's ridiculous! Actually, I wonder what the specs (especially the mid-90s ones) on them are for one reason - MIDI and FM synthesis. Good example of what can be done on older systems with proper soundchips here.

Granted, I know there are VSTis, Dosbox, VMs, and more modern software available, but it's a lot more fun to do it on hardware ^^

As for Win7 problems, no dice! Chkdsk has run for about 3 1/2 hours straight and nothing has changed. Cutting it off results in a corrupted partition table (tried that yesterday - it was not fun to clone the data again overnight).
EDIT: Resorted to return to the old HDD. The issues were not fun over the past few weeks. Got my new models, and now it's time to play around with them! Wheeeeee ~

Fairly interesting I must say. I should show this to my sound tech friend, haha.

The 1993 laptop has a 66Mht P1 processor with 19MB of RAM, a 320MB hard drive and Windows 3.11 and does not have a CD drive, only a floppy drive. 180k colors, etc
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2011, 03:47:11 AM »
Fairly interesting I must say. I should show this to my sound tech friend, haha.

The 1993 laptop has a 66Mht P1 processor with 19MB of RAM, a 320MB hard drive and Windows 3.11 and does not have a CD drive, only a floppy drive. 180k colors, etc
Hahaha, good times! I wonder about the sound chip? (there are some programs out there that can tell, but I don't know of any specific ones)

Started adding extra CLEO mods and they all work fine (specifically: teleporting via map marker, vehicle spawners, entering burglary houses anytime, and a CLEO speedometer that is in MPH (boo) but is not a DLL mod), so far so good. Models come in later.

But it still sucks to go back to a standard HDD after being used to SSD speeds (been using one in my Mac since last April).
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2011, 07:04:32 AM »
Hahaha, good times! I wonder about the sound chip? (there are some programs out there that can tell, but I don't know of any specific ones)

Started adding extra CLEO mods and they all work fine (specifically: teleporting via map marker, vehicle spawners, entering burglary houses anytime, and a CLEO speedometer that is in MPH (boo) but is not a DLL mod), so far so good. Models come in later.

But it still sucks to go back to a standard HDD after being used to SSD speeds (been using one in my Mac since last April).

Just get a 10000 RPM HDD if you don't like the speeds XDDD

I would be interested in the car spawner and the CLEO speedometer...though in km plox ><

I have no knowledge on the hardware of this model. I never looked it up. Even if it had the chip, in order to get the little program onto the laptop would be hell, that's not even trying to get it to work either. (BTW, if you want to see it, let me know and I'll take a pic or two of it)
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:39 AM »
Just get a 10000 RPM HDD if you don't like the speeds XDDD
That'd be handy on a desktop, but SSDs are still significantly better regardless. The Win7 install and the lappy's quirky SATA behaviour are more likely to blame, since the MacBook Pro I was using had the exact same SSD model (256GB Crucial M225) and had zero problems over a year of use. The SSD isn't a culprit either, as it was used in a dual SSD RAID0 array for two months with zero problems.

10K RPM HDDs have too much of a price markup for me to consider seriously. At their rates a small SSD plus a big fast 7200RPM drive (since larger HDDs will generally run faster) is a better preposition.

I would be interested in the car spawner and the CLEO speedometer...though in km plox ><
Attached the newly inserted mods. Stick in CLEO directory.

I have no knowledge on the hardware of this model. I never looked it up. Even if it had the chip, in order to get the little program onto the laptop would be hell, that's not even trying to get it to work either. (BTW, if you want to see it, let me know and I'll take a pic or two of it)
A pic would be nice, just for the sake of curiosity...also including manufacturer info and model number would be neat.

Getting the little programs on there? Floppies are your friend, and it's funny how some stores still sell them in 5 and 20-packs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:17:56 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2011, 07:25:33 AM »
...crap! I forgot the speedometer ~!
This is the ZIP I downloaded for that, so follow instructions inside.

Trying to sort out the 400+ archive files I got from my weekend model search...so tedious.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2011, 07:36:06 AM »
That'd be handy on a desktop, but SSDs are still significantly better regardless. The Win7 install and the lappy's quirky SATA behaviour are more likely to blame, since the MacBook Pro I was using had the exact same SSD model (256GB Crucial M225) and had zero problems over a year of use. The SSD isn't a culprit either, as it was used in a dual SSD RAID0 array for two months with zero problems.

10K RPM HDDs have too much of a price markup for me to consider seriously. At their rates a small SSD plus a big fast 7200RPM drive (since larger HDDs will generally run faster) is a better preposition.
Attached the newly inserted mods. Stick in CLEO directory.
A pic would be nice, just for the sake of curiosity...also including manufacturer info and model number would be neat.

Getting the little programs on there? Floppies are your friend, and it's funny how some stores still sell them in 5 and 20-packs.

Here you are:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6789/sdc10322h.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9782/sdc10323p.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5134/sdc10324z.jpg

As in the second picture, it's a Toshiba Satellite T1960CT
The mouse is actually a Trackball mouse that snaps into the right side as shown in the third image. Its actually pretty comfortable to use. The mouse buttons are on the sides
I have 1 floppy in it that came with it when I got the whole thing for 5 bucks at a yard sale.

I notice a lot of people getting small SSD's for the OS and large HDD's for the file storage like you mentioned. I run light versions of all my operating systems, so I have no need to do that. My main drive is 7200 RPM so I'm more than satisfied with that.

Thanks for the new files by the way.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2011, 07:36:46 AM »
...crap! I forgot the speedometer ~!
This is the ZIP I downloaded for that, so follow instructions inside.

Trying to sort out the 400+ archive files I got from my weekend model search...so tedious.

Nice memory there EP. Thanks again.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »
As in the second picture, it's a Toshiba Satellite T1960CT
The mouse is actually a Trackball mouse that snaps into the right side as shown in the third image. Its actually pretty comfortable to use. The mouse buttons are on the sides
I have 1 floppy in it that came with it when I got the whole thing for 5 bucks at a yard sale.
Not much info I can turn up about it over in Google, either. I guess it's over to Windows and its ~ wait, Plug & Play was Win95. Damnit...while I do have it it's only the CD version, great.
But wow that system certainly looks its age!

I notice a lot of people getting small SSD's for the OS and large HDD's for the file storage like you mentioned. I run light versions of all my operating systems, so I have no need to do that. My main drive is 7200 RPM so I'm more than satisfied with that.

Thanks for the new files by the way.
I find it handy for application loading times. Some apps take far too long on the standard HDD (VMs waking up from hibernation, Sonar with lots of VSTis, Logic projects). Light versions of OSes may reduce the need for an SSD, but on the other hand is there, say, a Tiny Photoshop or Mini Cubase that works equally efficiently (with only absolute requirements)? Not that I know of....

Nice memory there EP. Thanks again.
Good thing I caught it on time then.

Not surprisingly it seems that 1/3 to 2/3 of my archive files are duplicates and a good number of them have passwords...gah!

EDIT: Some usage things on the mods:
Car Spawner: Press 7 to bring up menu and follow on-screen instructions.
Teleporter: Mark a point on the map and then type "y x" (no quotes or space) to go there instantly. Vehicles you're driving follow along with you. Also, it does not work while swimming.
Enterable Burglary Houses: Automatic.
CLEO MPH Speedometer: Automatic.

1/10 inertia values here result in even more spinning, sideways motion, and airborne madness. It's funny, though, how sometimes police cars in San Fierro will crawl up the city hills as a result of these changes and then instantly speed up once they start the pursuit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:03:48 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2011, 08:05:04 AM »
I find it handy for application loading times. Some apps take far too long on the standard HDD (VMs waking up from hibernation, Sonar with lots of VSTis, Logic projects). Light versions of OSes may reduce the need for an SSD, but on the other hand is there, say, a Tiny Photoshop or Mini Cubase that works equally efficiently (with only absolute requirements)? Not that I know of....

With my requirements, I don't need to run ungodly large programs to edit a frikkin picture. That's what GIMP is for, I'm sure you've heard of it, hahaha!

So its 4:06a.m. here and I just finished half a class of work in one day, I'm tired, but it's a curse that I won't be able to hit the bed til 6am since I still have 20GB of pictures from my earlier post + another 5GB the guy added on today...I can't keep up with this madness! ~.~

EDIT: I'm wondering. Having my stream.ini memory and devkit_memory lines set at 1024MB doesn't perform as well as it used to. Is there an optimum setting for my situation? such as 512MB or even 256MB? If the original memory allocation was only 13.5MB, maybe setting it ridiculously high [compared to the original] may actually be a bad thing. Idk, I'm just thinking, maybe allowing such a large memory allocation is causing problems for the game to in turn load more, then when it goes to retrieve textures and objects it fails. I'm probably completely wrong in this whole thought process.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:13:15 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »
With my requirements, I don't need to run ungodly large programs to edit a frikkin picture. That's what GIMP is for, I'm sure you've heard of it, hahaha!

So its 4:06a.m. here and I just finished half a class of work in one day, I'm tired, but it's a curse that I won't be able to hit the bed til 6am since I still have 20GB of pictures from my earlier post + another 5GB the guy added on today...I can't keep up with this madness! ~.~
Haha, I already know of GIMP but use Paint.NET more often under Windows and Pixelmator under Mac (blame X11 and XQuartz mouse lag). I need very fast disk speeds more for the large DAWs anyway.

I'd love to snooze now (stayed up for too damn long) but have some work to take care of ASAP. And here I've been toying with Touhou GTA instead :V

EDIT: Nice new avvy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:10:00 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:03 AM »
Haha, I already know of GIMP but use Paint.NET more often under Windows and Pixelmator under Mac (blame X11 and XQuartz mouse lag). I need very fast disk speeds more for the large DAWs anyway.

I'd love to snooze now (stayed up for too damn long) but have some work to take care of ASAP. And here I've been toying with Touhou GTA instead :V

EDIT: Nice new avvy.

Glad you like the Avi.

Are you a collector of pictures, specifically Touhou ones? If so, I can attach an HTML file with the links to Megaupload which will give you a few Gigs to go through in your spare time (if you even have any [yes you do don't deny {see, your playing with Touhou GTA, you've got plenty of time<//He's going to kill me, isn't he?>}])

I got bored below

<script="javascript/text">

var mph="9001"
<-- function :"*click me button here*":

{if
Upon instinct of death approaching from EP ("RUN like hell! at" + mph + "Mph
else
Realize I'm not going to die("Good day Mate!")
<object="button.onClick.display blah blah blah" value="Don't ask"
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
Glad you like the Avi.

Are you a collector of pictures, specifically Touhou ones? If so, I can attach an HTML file with the links to Megaupload which will give you a few Gigs to go through in your spare time (if you even have any [yes you do don't deny {see, your playing with Touhou GTA, you've got plenty of time<//He's going to kill me, isn't he?>}])

I got bored below

<script="javascript/text">

var mph="9001"
<-- function :"*click me button here*":

{if
Upon instinct of death approaching from EP ("RUN like hell! at" + mph + "Mph
else
Realize I'm not going to die("Good day Mate!")
<object="button.onClick.display blah blah blah" value="Don't ask"

I don't really collect pictures. I think I'll pass them for today.

And that JavaScript will easily give a compiler error. I thought it was apparent that methods must not be spaced. Also there are some unclosed brackets.
Granted I know it's psuedo-code and I'm going by C++ and Java rules, but still.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »
I don't really collect pictures. I think I'll pass them for today.

And that JavaScript will easily give a compiler error. I thought it was apparent that methods must not be spaced. Also there are some unclosed brackets.
Granted I know it's psuedo-code and I'm going by C++ and Java rules, but still.

Do you expect anyone to write JavaScript at 4:30 in the morning? lol. And I had that feeling you'd complain about my code. I know there's screw ups up the rear end but I dun care cause you're not giving me a grade on my thingamabob (wow, "thingamabob" was in the Google dictionary and I didn't add it there) there.

Also...JavaScript doesn't compile like C does.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2011, 08:56:16 AM »
Ah, I see. Playing more Touhou GTA when I should be writing a brief abstract and working on a presentation...brilliant, uni.
Bad command or file name