Author Topic: Fucked up SA replay. >_<  (Read 13847 times)

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Fucked up SA replay. >_<
« on: June 20, 2009, 02:57:25 AM »
Ok I was playing SA some moments ago and I actually made it up to Utsuho for the first time. (Actually my first time even making it past level 2 >_>)

And my computer was acting a bit odd through the run, though I don't know why. But it started going haywire around utsuho's nuclear blasts and I died.

After saving the replay it didn't show up in the folder until I had restarted the computer because it froze shortly after turning off the game.

But when I had restarted it, I actually found the replay file in the folder. However when I watch the replay, it shows me flying straight into a lot of crap at the beginning of facing Utsuho, and in the replay I die almost instantly at that part.

Can this be fixed somehow?
I have uploaded my replay here if anyone can check:
http://moonsoul.net/wp/touhou/replays/sa/%5b090620%5dSai_Reimu_B_Stage6_Boss_th11_01.rpy

I'm pretty sure it'll show the same thing for anyone else though, but I don't know since my computer was acting up. I also don't know if the replay is weird in other places because I only watched the replay of Stage 6 when I got it working.

Anyone else experienced glitched replays with SA?

EDIT: When selecting the replay it states that my final score was 123.4million points but the replay shows me losing the last life at 121.3million points. It is clear that something went really wrong here. There's no way I'd be able to make to to Utsuho if I played like that. >_>
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:17:05 AM by saiyoucho »
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

Drake

Re: Fucked up SA replay. >_<
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:13:09 AM »
Replays desync if you save it at the completion screen. Save it before it appears. No way to get around it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
Completion screen? What? I just saved it when I died at the end boss.
Are you talking about the screen when you beat the game?

Drake

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »
Sorry, didn't read the entire thing. But whatever caused it, your replay desynced. I can tell pretty much exactly when it got screwed up. Also I noticed you have 78.6% SLOWDOWN WHAT THE HELL

Replays take into account the same random variables and keeps track of your movements, then it plays out the scenario. When it desyncs the movements tracked are messed up and you get what happened. There's no way to alter it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »
Aww that's too bad. =/
Oh well at least it works through most of it.

And yeah I really loved that slowdown. xD I have no idea what caused it though since I was running fullscreen. But around half into Utsuho's lifebars my computer decided to suddenly blast it out in 60fps as it normally runs in. And I was pretty much screwed.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 04:38:51 AM »
I've found that running replays starting at Stage 6 seems to de-sync them.  Try running the replay from Stage 5 (hold down Ctrl to fast-forward if you don't want to watch Stage 5).  Doing that, I was able to have the replay record your reported 123.4 million points, losing your last life on her third non-card attack.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:42:04 AM by LiteYear »

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
Oh! That sounds nice. I'll try that. Thanks! =D
EDIT: I actually tried to watch through the whole replay today, and as you said, it didn't desync when running it from before Stage 6. =) Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:41:37 PM by saiyoucho »