Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline is now open for beta testing! (NEW UPDATE 1/24/2011)  (Read 72032 times)

[⑨] Suzuran

• Neko Neko Wai~
Re: HatOnline is now open for beta testing!
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 04:18:43 AM »
I figured out what the mysterious password-eating bug was.
If you remap any LETTER key that is used in your password, you will no longer be able to log in. The remapping screws up the password entry. TGB.
Blowing away the UserKeys_s.lua in your data folder will reset your key mappings and you can log in again.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »
HolyshitaROserverinMotK

I hate you guys :<
Something to suck up my time when I'm back home.
Gonna download this shit like a ninja on meth.

One important question, though: Can we use Th characters as char names or will the general rule present in IRC stand?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2011, 01:22:51 AM »
I've seen several characters with Touhou names already, so I think it's fine.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »
HolyshitaROserverinMotK

I hate you guys :<
Something to suck up my time when I'm back home.
Gonna download this shit like a ninja on meth.

One important question, though: Can we use Th characters as char names or will the general rule present in IRC stand?
The IRC rule was mostly because there was like 12 thousand people fighting over the same name and we had some really really retarded people who made a huge shitstorm over ownership of nicks like "Reimu".

Me it's just a personal pet-peeve.  I name my characters after animu people but I have a unique nick I know I'll respond to.  As long as I have the same for you I don't care, but if I don't I get annoyed :|

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2011, 09:17:29 AM »
Yeah.. 8 of my 9 characters are named after Touhou characters. I'm usually just roaming around the game solo, so I hope that doesn't cause any problems.
I'm definitely enjoying the high experience and drop multipliers. In merely a week, I  have seen and explored more areas than I was ever able to before. Thanks again!

A few questions:
-Does this server feature the third set of jobs? Or are you "done" after maxing out a transmigrated character?
-What are maximum job levels for Gunslinger and Super Novice?  I don't want to screw up those builds again.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »
The IRC rule was mostly because there was like 12 thousand people fighting over the same name and we had some really really retarded people who made a huge shitstorm over ownership of nicks like "Reimu".
Yeah I know, I was wondering if you would try to avoid it happening again.
Kay then, guess we'll just pray people are not retarded again :derp:

Also holy shit people with 9 chars already
                                                                                   .

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 07:29:03 AM »
Not working here.

I'm doing everything that the Win setup tells me to do, but no matter what setup I use, I get this:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »
Run setup.exe and set it to Direct3D?

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »
Run setup.exe and set it to Direct3D?

Got it to work.  It needed to be set to "D3D T&L".

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
I haven't played ragnarok in ages, I should probably give this another go~

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
Got it to work.  It needed to be set to "D3D T&L".
Yeah pretty much if one didn't work the other should.  And if neither did then your video card has issues :b

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
I can't get it to run full screen 1280x768. x720 works fine, though.

edit: I decided to read about before starting to play, since I was never the greatest player in bRO, and know dick. Oh god why did I do this @_@
This game is so full of stuff it's so confusing aghahgaghaghahgahga
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:55:09 PM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
NOTICE:
We've added a color change NPC but it looks like there's some problems with it.  Do NOT use palette 4.  Depending on what class you are, you will crash everyone on screen and lock yourself out of your account if it's in your first 3 character slots.

Palette choice 4 will be removed ASAP but until then please refrain from using it on any character.  If you do it intentionally expect my wrath.

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »
NOTICE:
We've added a color change NPC but it looks like there's some problems with it.  Do NOT use palette 4.  Depending on what class you are, you will crash everyone on screen and lock yourself out of your account if it's in your first 3 character slots.

Palette choice 4 will be removed ASAP but until then please refrain from using it on any character.  If you do it intentionally expect my wrath.

That sucks. Pallet 4 was the only one that looked good on some of my characters. I'll just reset everyone to 0.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 02:33:56 AM »
I don't even know what palette 4 is. :s

Also how the hell do I get carrot juice
                                                                                   .

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2011, 02:41:54 AM »
Do the juice quest.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Thank you.
                                                                                   .

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
What emulation version are you using for the server, actually?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »
Whatever was on the SVN when I built the server on Christmas Eve.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Recommend you set DBs and BBs to display the players' name of whoever broke 'em, to cut down on people trolling lowbie fields. Wolves is an incredibly good map for a first-class melee character to level at, and it's loaded with a bunch of DB'd critters.

Also, are you still handing out hats? :P

dustyjo

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »
Why is there a chat filter in 1:1 chat but not in the main chat?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »
The patch to remove the profanity filter doesn't recognize the new 1:1 code.  You can disable it and go back to the old whisper system but I forget the exact options.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2011, 12:37:55 AM »
Running just fine on my distro, and am in "training" now. Thanks for this, it's pretty fun.

EDIT: After exiting and starting again, I am now getting "Invalid ID or Password". I don't know why. Fixed, thanks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:06:15 AM by Amaterasu »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2011, 08:05:26 AM »
Brasilis guides don't give you the option to advance out of their text boxes when you ask them for directions. At least, I think. I may have just lagged at the most inconvenient time and buggered up the script :derp:

Tengukami

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2011, 03:18:31 PM »
I had a lot of fun playing this last night. Hopefully when the password issue gets sorted I'll be playing a lot more.

EDIT: To be specific, the issue I have is that after I exit and try to sign back in, I get a "wrong ID or password" message. If I reboot my comp, I get "cannot connect to server", unless I run iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 55.0.0.0 -j DNAT --to 72.14.189.207 as root in Terminal before starting the game, each time. TSO was kind enough to get in the console and set my password so I could log back in last night, but it seems it didn't stick.

I remember setting up Nethack had some bumps at first, too, so I'm sure this'll get sorted.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:06:38 PM by Amaterasu »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
The password bug I can't seem to track down.  As for the iptables thing you have to do that every time as from what I understand wine has some strange bug and it's using that IP rather than the one listed in the client.  I would suggest putting it in your rc.local or your distribution's equivalent.

Tengukami

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
The password bug I can't seem to track down.  As for the iptables thing you have to do that every time as from what I understand wine has some strange bug and it's using that IP rather than the one listed in the client.  I would suggest putting it in your rc.local or your distribution's equivalent.

Copy-pasting one line into Terminal and hitting "Enter" isn't a big deal to me (I did add the command to my rc.local in /etc but it didn't seem to stick). It's the password thing that's troublesome, because for now it means that if I want to play, I need to track you down to get you to set the hash for me, which can't be too fun for you.

Now, normally I would just log into the game and stay logged in, but I do need to take my laptop to classes from home and such. So, best of luck tracking down that bug.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2011, 04:20:18 AM »
NEW CLIENT PACKAGE COMPLETED
I am uploading as we speak, and will update links in the OP.  Current clients will continue to work for the time being, but are depreciated and no longer supported.

Bugfixes:
  • Password corruption bug quashed (I hope)
  • Error messages for missing sprites/textures silenced for the time being
  • Quest window is now working properly
  • Added in several English skins as a partial workaround to untranslated buttons when ran under non English locale
  • Usernames and character names under 4 characters now permitted

New Features:
  • Data files updated to latest kRO release, should enable more headgear
  • Supercute login screen added
  • Basic stylist NPCs added, currently only default palettes and hairstyles
  • Guild dungeon warper
  • Card removal NPC
  • Brasilia Field/Dungeon populated and working

Features in progress:
  • Larger clothing palette selection
  • Custom hairstyles
  • Cash shop updates to include newest headgear
  • Stat reset NPC
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:23:01 AM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

Matsuri

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.