Author Topic: Parsee Quest  (Read 70650 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Parsee Quest
« Reply #480 on: December 30, 2010, 01:40:36 AM »
> To Cirno: "Do you know where Keine might be?"

> If she doesn't know, then we'll ask a random bystander.

> Cirno shrugs.  "I don't know."
> Since she doesn't know, you go ask a random villager.

> When you ask the man where Keine is, he frowns at you.  "You want to know where Kamishirasawa is?  What do you want with her?"

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #481 on: December 30, 2010, 01:50:58 AM »
> Wow, that's one mouthful of a name. We don't feel jealous at all.

> "I'm looking for some people, and I was told that she might be able to help me."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #482 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »
> Wow, that's one mouthful of a name. We don't feel jealous at all.

> "I'm looking for some people, and I was told that she might be able to help me."

> You're probably not going to remember her last name at all.  It looks like it went through Cirno's ears, too.
> "Take the east or north exit of the village; she should be in the fields there right now."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #483 on: December 30, 2010, 03:26:33 AM »
> Thank the man for his time.

> Well, if she's in the fields, it'd probably be easier to get a spider eye's view. Fly up and north east out of town into the fields, and see who's out there.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #484 on: December 30, 2010, 03:33:03 AM »
> Thank the man for his time.

> Well, if she's in the fields, it'd probably be easier to get a spider eye's view. Fly up and north east out of town into the fields, and see who's out there.

> You thank him for telling you where Keine is, and fly out to the fields.
> One thing that's nice about flying is that the view is very good.  The fields are very expansive, although you can see scar marks here and there.  Other than that, these fields are just ordinary ones used for planting crops.
> The wind is still a bit strong, but not strong enough to knock you out of the air.  Cirno is gliding through the air, clearly enjoying herself.
> You scan the fields and see two women in the middle of the fields.  From here, you can't make out their features at all.

> _

« Reply #485 on: December 30, 2010, 03:40:13 AM »
> Are they together, or separate? If they're separate, then we'll fly over to the closest one (or, if they are the same distance away, the northernmost one). If they're together, then they made our job easier. Don't go to the ground, though: it looks like Cirno's having fun.

> To the woman (or women, if they're together): "Excuse me! Do you know where Keine is?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #486 on: December 30, 2010, 03:47:57 AM »
>Before that.
>Are there crops going in the fields, or do they look like they've been sewn at least?
>If so: "Hey, Cirno. You know I'm with you and all to the end. But maybe you oughta stay out of the fields. Can't imagine all that snow would be good for the crops."

« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:08 AM »
It's the end of autumn: they shouldn't have crops at all, and I think Mokou said that they were planning on harvesting right before the moon attacked.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2010, 03:55:06 AM »
>Before that.
>Are there crops going in the fields, or do they look like they've been sewn at least?
>If so: "Hey, Cirno. You know I'm with you and all to the end. But maybe you oughta stay out of the fields. Can't imagine all that snow would be good for the crops."

> There are no crops.

> Are they together, or separate? If they're separate, then we'll fly over to the closest one (or, if they are the same distance away, the northernmost one). If they're together, then they made our job easier. Don't go to the ground, though: it looks like Cirno's having fun.

> To the woman (or women, if they're together): "Excuse me! Do you know where Keine is?"

> They're together.
> You fly over to them and ask if they've seen Keine.  Now that you're closer, you can see them better.  One has blonde hair and an earthy-colored dress, and the other has long white-blue hair with a dark blue dress and...a very strange hat on her head.
> "I'm Keine-sensei!" shouts the woman with the strange hat.  Her companion stiffles a laugh.

> _

« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2010, 04:07:19 AM »
> This is the woman who so casually and carelessly eats an entire human village whenever danger strikes and spits it back out when it's safe? That's disappointing: we were expecting a giant lizard the size of a mountain or an earthworm or something. Affect a disappointed look on our face as we land.

> "The white haired woman cooking sweet potatoes near the town said that you know a lot of people around here. Do you know Suika the oni, or maybe a three eyed girl named Koishi Komeiji?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:27 AM »
> This is the woman who so casually and carelessly eats an entire human village whenever danger strikes and spits it back out when it's safe? That's disappointing: we were expecting a giant lizard the size of a mountain or an earthworm or something. Affect a disappointed look on our face as we land.

> "The white haired woman cooking sweet potatoes near the town said that you know a lot of people around here. Do you know Suika the oni, or maybe a three eyed girl named Koishi Komeiji?"

> DISAPPOINTMENT.  You look so disappointed when you land that Keine raises an eyebrow at you.
> "Mokou said so, huh..."  Keine's expression is a pensive one, and she folds her arms across her chest.
> "Historians do have to know a lot of people, or at least know of a lot of people.  I know Suika, but I'm afraid I don't know much about the Komeiji girl."

> _

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:44 AM »
> Did Cirno land with us, or is she still flying above?

« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:51 AM »
> Really?! Yes, we finally have a lead! Disappointing goofy hat lady, you are now awesome.

> "Great! Do you know where either of them are, at least? It's very important."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »
> Did Cirno land with us, or is she still flying above?

> Cirno is flying above all of you, but she doesn't make any move to land.

> Really?! Yes, we finally have a lead! Disappointing goofy hat lady, you are now awesome.

> "Great! Do you know where either of them are, at least? It's very important."

> Yes!  This might be the best news you've gotten since you came to the surface.
> "Suika is still alive.  I know it for a fact, I saw what happened.  I don't know how to put it though."  Keine furrows her brow.  "I don't expect you to understand, but she was, um, gapped."
> The woman Keine is with doesn't seem to understand, either.  Keine pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs in frustration.
> "As for Koishi?  I don't know, but I know someone who might."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2010, 04:48:02 AM »
>"Right, go on."

« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:50 AM »
> "Gapped? What does that mean?" That information might be useful for Yuugi, who is Suika's friend. If it's particularly interesting, set it up as a quest.

> "Who knows where Koishi's at?" Do Purvis': it fits Parsee's imperious tone more.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #496 on: December 30, 2010, 05:05:23 AM »
>"Right, go on."

> "Gapped? What does that mean?" That information might be useful for Yuugi, who is Suika's friend. If it's particularly interesting, set it up as a quest.

> "Who knows where Koishi's at?"

> "'Gapped' is when a rift in space is opened, usually for the purpose of expelling or catching people or items."  Keine seems to be struggling with her wording.

> Quest Added: Immaterial and Missing Suika
  > You've learned that Suika must still be alive, but she has been 'gapped.'  You don't know what that means, but you figure that Yuugi would want to know.

> "There's a girl at the Myouren Temple.  Kaguya."

> _

« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2010, 05:14:15 AM »
> "Where's the Myouren Temple?"

> Add notes to "Quest: Find Koishi". Suika is apparantly unable to help us, but this "Kaguya" fellow of the Myouren Temple might be able to help us.

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »
>By the way, about jealousy gouge... how can we empty that and what are the minuses of filling?

Mokou Fan

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
> As long as we're on the subject, is there any way to upgrade our jealousy gauge's capacity?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
Our capacity is infinite, I'd hope.

The fun part will be when we draw upon it and beat someone stupid with a chair.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »
> "Where's the Myouren Temple?"

> Add notes to "Quest: Find Koishi". Suika is apparantly unable to help us, but this "Kaguya" fellow of the Myouren Temple might be able to help us.

> "It's at the north end of the village.  It's impossible to miss."

> Find Koishi
  > A satori girl from the Palace of the Earth Spirits has gone missing.  It's up to you to safely retrieve her and quell the worries of the other residents of the palace!  You've learned that she's on the surface somewhere.  You won't be able to contact Suika any time soon, but a girl named "Kaguya" might be of some help.

>By the way, about jealousy gouge... how can we empty that and what are the minuses of filling?

> It sometimes empties itself a bit when you don't have anything to be jealous about.  The other way is to let it out in a danmaku battle or just wait until the maximum capacity is exceeded and it filters out on its own.  "Filtering out on its own" is putting it very lightly.
> Filling the gauge puts a lot of stress on you, although it's not immediately noticeable until you've hit your limit.
> If you exceed the maximum capacity of the Jealousy Gauge, you briefly lose control of yourself and filter your jealousy out via bullet hell.  It's kind of like using a bomb, only worse.  This is bad for you and anyone who is unfortunate enough to be within your field of vision.

> As long as we're on the subject, is there any way to upgrade our jealousy gauge's capacity?

> Find some way to increase tolerance?  You're not really sure.

Our capacity is infinite, I'd hope.

The fun part will be when we draw upon it and beat someone stupid with a chair.

Our current capacity is 9 because we're on the surface, and 8 slots have been filled.

> _

« Reply #502 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »
On the one hand, we have all the information that's important to us, so there's no reason to stick around longer. On the other hand, this is a prime opportunity to get a LOT of information, and I'm kind of curious how Keine would react to our Parsee's wild imagination on how she hides the Human Village. So, someone else take control for a while, because I can't decide what to do.

Actually, one thing:

> We were under the impression that we could use our jealousy guage to make others jealous of something. Is that an incorrect assumption?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
Actually, one thing:

> We were under the impression that we could use our jealousy guage to make others jealous of something. Is that an incorrect assumption?

> I'm not exactly sure how that works, so I guess it's incorrect.  The jealousy gauge was made under the notion that Parsee couldn't control her ability very well.

> _

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #504 on: December 30, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »
>"So, Miss.... I also heard you uh, hide the village when it's in danger. In your mouth. How exactly do you fit it all there?"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #505 on: December 30, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »
>"So, Miss.... I also heard you uh, hide the village when it's in danger. In your mouth. How exactly do you fit it all there?"

> The woman Keine is with starts giggling again.  Keine gives you a weird look.
> "How do I...what?  Did Mokou tell you that?"

> _

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
>"...Maybe..."

>Give the giggling person a quick glance.

>"I suppose that would mean you've heard this sort of thing before. Who are you?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »
>"...Maybe..."

>Give the giggling person a quick glance.

>"I suppose that would mean you've heard this sort of thing before. Who are you?"

> Keine merely sighs and mutters a bit to herself.  "It's true that I hide the village, but..."
> You quickly glance at the giggling woman.  She doesn't even try to conceal her laughter now.
> "Pfeh..."  She tries to compose herself.  "I am Aki Minoriko, the Goddess of Plenty.  I'm laughing because I've never heard anyone say it like that beforeee."  She dissolves into giggles once more.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »
>"So is this Mokou's roundabout way of calling you a bigmouth?"

« Reply #509 on: December 31, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
> "Or maybe just a bottomless pit, which, if you were an oni and had horns, I would totally buy."

Jeez, we're mean :3