Author Topic: Parsee Quest  (Read 70666 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Parsee Quest
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2010, 03:15:54 AM »
>Regardless, follow that boid!

> You run after Utsuho into the mouth of the cave.  The rocky ground soon gives way to cold metal, if the sound of your footsteps changing is anything to go by.  You're walking into the tunnel blindly for a little bit, until you hear Utsuho skittering around, and then some clicking sounds.
> The tunnel fills with light.  Sure enough, the floor, walls, and ceiling are metal.  There are lights overhead, but you're not sure how Utsuho lit candles on the ceiling so fast.  Up ahead, you can see a metal gate and Utsuho running around, fiddling with stuff.
> "The lights still work!" you hear her call to you.  Her voice echoes.
> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:18 AM »
>"wow"
>proceed

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »
>"wow"
>proceed

> You can't help but be impressed.
> You proceed furthur into the reactor, and find yourself in a huge, cylindrical room.  The ceiling stretches high enough that you can't even see the top, and the bottom stretches down into an abyss.  Around the edge of the room is a metal walkaround with a railing, which you're standing on right now.  Stairs, followed by lights, wind both up and down the reactor, and on the walls on your level, you can see various metal contraptions.  There's a platform a ways beneath you, and you can only suspect that that's where the main nuclear reaction work goes on.
> Utsuho runs past you and stops at a part of the wall that's relatively empty, save for a round door.  She pries it open with little effort and then beckons you to come on over.
> "You shouldn't have any trouble fitting through here," she says.  "You just climb this ladder thing and it slopes up and out."
> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »
>Boggle vacantly at all this.
>"...What is this crap?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
>Boggle vacantly at all this.
>"...What is this crap?"

> You stare unabashedly at the room.
> "It's the reactor, of course!"  Utsuho runs over the railing and leans over it.  She points down the platform and says, "That's where I run everything.  It can move up and down!  And that..."  She points to a room seperated from the rest of the reactor by glass.  "...is some room the kappa go into sometimes!  Visitors go in there, too."
> She then gestures to a panel of buttons on the wall.  "Snake lady told me how to use that!  Uhm, the buttons are colored differently according to their function...I think..."
> "Oh, and there are lights on the walls that light up because of some sort of kappa magic; it's awesome!  The kappa also use some stuff on the wall to do stuff with chemicals and robot arms and they make banisters come out of the walls and run different tests.  At the way, waaaaaay top of the ceiling is where snake lady enters and leaves.  I was never able to open it, though."
> _

« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2010, 11:29:53 PM »
>"oooo... kay..."
>Impressive.
"Are we there yet?"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »
>"oooo... kay..."
>Impressive.
"Are we there yet?"

> You're still not sure what all of this stuff does, but it's impressive.
> "Yeah, the emergency exit's this round door," Utsuho says, and gestures to the door she opened earlier.  In all the excitement, you sort of missed the fact that you and Utsuho were already in the reactor.
> She looks around the reactor dismally and comments, "It will be fun again when I can turn the rest of this stuff on."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
>"What'd you do for fun before the whole burning up the world thing, anyways?"
>Toward the door!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »
>"What'd you do for fun before the whole burning up the world thing, anyways?"
>Toward the door!

> Utsuho smiles widely as she recalls past events.  "Lots of stuff!  Like, like playing with Orin and Satori-sama and Koishi-sama and everyone, and helping Orin stoke the old fires of Hell, and flying over No Man's Land, and once I snuck into the city!  Satori-sama got really mad but it was worth it."  She giggles at her own words.  "I could get away with skipping work more often, too."
> You head towards the door.  It's big enough that you'll be able to travel to and fro without any problems, although you'll need to watch your step.  It's rather dark.  You think you can see some lights inside like the ones on the walls, but they don't seem to be working.

> _

« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »
Goodness, she's so adorable  :3

>Watch my step
>"So what do you do know since your powers have gone small?"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2010, 02:14:42 PM »
Goodness, she's so adorable  :3

>Watch my step
>"So what do you do know since your powers have gone small?"

> "I still help Orin stoke the fire, and sometimes I go out in the garden.  I haven't been able to play much with Satori-sama lately 'cause she's not in a playing mood, but Orin and everyone else plays with me!  Uhm, I'm not allowed to sneak into the city anymore, but I can still go to No Man's Land.  There are animals there, too, did you know?"  Utsuho rambles a bit again.  "Snake lady won't visit me, though.  What if she forgot about the reactor?"  She sounds a bit worried.
> You take a look inside the tunnel and see more clearly the ladder sloping up and out.  There's a bit of free space at the beginning so you're not crawling on metal rungs.

> _

« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »
>"Who is the Snake Lady?"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #282 on: December 18, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
>"Who is the Snake Lady?"

> Utsuho scrunches up her face in thought.  "Um....She's....She gave me this weird thing to eat once and then I got this cool power, and then I didn't see her for a while, and then she came back and built this reactor.  She visited me a lot and brought snacks sometimes, and she brought snakes to the Palace!  I can't remember her name, though..."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »
>"What is No Man's Land, anyways?"
>Ascend!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
>"What is No Man's Land, anyways?"
>Ascend!

> "It's this huge, barren field where no one ever goes.  Outside the city, lots of evil spirits.  There are some crumbled old houses there, so it makes for a perfect hideout."
> Utsuho spreads her wings.  "You're ascending now?  Tell me what it's like when you come back; I heard that Gensokyo's autumns are really pretty~"
> You say goodbye to Utsuho and crawl into the tunnel.  As you start to climb the ladder, you hear Utsuho flapping her wings and flying away.  She has business of her own, anyway.
> It's very dark and cold in here.  The silence is suffocating.  You soon realize that there are some rungs missing or bent, so you find yourself leaning on the stony wall at times to keep your balance.  Slowly but surely, the tunnel becomes more and more vertical until the ladder is your only support.  You're now heading straight up.  In the distance, you can see a faint light.  It's hard to tell the color from here, but it's probably the surface's white moonlight.  The surface and the Former Hell share the same time zone, after all.

> _

« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
>Go up as intended

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
>Fly up the rest of the ladder, no need for sudden falls.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »
>Go up as intended

>Fly up the rest of the ladder, no need for sudden falls.

> You keep climbing, and then start to fly so you can reach the top faster.  As you near the top, you can hear the rustling of leaves.  You finally emerge from the tunnel and collapse on the dead leaves covering the ground.  This is your first time to the surface in perhaps over a century.  It's cold like the Underground is at the moment, but there's a biting wind and no snow on the ground.  If it were snowing, the leaves you're lying in would be wet, so perhaps you made the right choice to come in autumn.
> Even though you've made it, something doesn't feel quite right.  You sit up and look at your surroundings.
> The forest you're in looks dead in accordance to late autumn; dead leaves litter the floor while others cling to the branches of the trees looming overhead.  Every time the wind blows, a few are torn off and tumble to the ground like torn paper.  There are trees collapsed on the floor, some mutilated beyond recognition.  The ground itself is scarred, as if something had cut through it.  Even then, plants and foliage grow sheltered on the ground.  The darkness is broken by rays of ghostly purple moonlight spilling over the forest floor.
> Moonlight isn't supposed to be purple.  You raise yourself from the ground and fly above the trees to get a better look.

> The sky looks as if it has been stained purple.  Clouds roll by at startling speeds, whirling inside and out of each other.  But what catches your eye is the moon.  The large, bronze sphere hanging in the sky, the sickly purple aura it exudes, the image of a crying woman etched in its surface.  You've seen this image hundreds of times before, and yet you've never paid as much attention to it as you did now.
> At least you know where Hell's Moon went.

> The atmosphere feels a bit heavy.
> Maximum capacity of Jealousy Gauge -1

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
>"Oh damn it."
>Take stock of the surroundings.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
>"Oh damn it."
>Take stock of the surroundings.

> You indulge in some profanity and look around you.
> It's dark right now, so you can't see very well, but you can see lots of mountains in the distance and in all directions.  You think you see a valley outside the forest, and another forest starting at the other end of it.  You look a little to your left and behind you, and see a hill.  Looking ahead of that, you catch a glimpse of some body of water.
> You yourself are probably in the heart of the forest.  Looking down, you see that there's a very beat but still visible dirt path going through the forest and then branching off at some point.

> _

« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2010, 11:47:30 PM »
>Judge what could destroy the trees. The moon? or a creature?
>Consider how could it get in here and where's the outside moon.

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »
>Judge what could destroy the trees. The moon? or a creature?
>Consider how could it get in here and where's the outside moon.

> There is no way it could be anything other than the moon, but you wouldn't put this past more than one force.
> You're not sure how Hell's Moon got here, but it seems to be casting a shadow, so you assume that the outside moon has just been blocked off.

> _

« Reply #292 on: December 19, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »
>fly up above to know my surroundings better. I lived underground for ages, surely my sight is a lot lot better then any mortal's.

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »
>fly up above to know my surroundings better. I lived underground for ages, surely my sight is a lot lot better then any mortal's.

> You're confident that living underground has sharpened your eyesight, so you fly higher to try and get a better view.
> Where you saw a bit of water was a lake, and based the reflection in the water, there's a building there, too.  There are more buildings in the valley, and one of the mountains is much taller than the others.  The hill you saw a bit behind the forest kind of looks like a wreck, but no matter how hard you try you can't see anything past that.  Everything looks like a wreck, actually.
> The higher you fly, however, the stronger the wind seems to get.  You find yourself being thrown forward by a gust of wind and sent tumbling down.

> _

« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »
>Try to land safely

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #295 on: December 19, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
>Try to land safely

> You're falling at an impressive speed, but you manage to grab hold of a tree branch.  You hang there for a little while before letting go and floating to the ground.
> Could it be that you're not used to the surface's winds?
> You didn't see anyone else in the air, though...

> _

« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2010, 08:23:18 PM »
> Explore the area by foot then.
> Try going towards the lake with the solo building.

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #297 on: December 19, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »
> Explore the area by foot then.
> Try going towards the lake with the solo building.

> It's too dangerous to fly right now, so you decide to keep to the ground instead.
> You walk in the direction that you saw the lake in.  It's eerily quiet as you walk.  Maybe once or twice you hear a bird chirping quietly, but nothing else.
> As you near where you believe the lake to be, it progressively gets colder, to the point that you're seeing snow on the ground and trees.  The wind blows the snow around, making it a bit hard to see.

> _

« Reply #298 on: December 19, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
>Is it possible to proceed further or does it seem too crazy?

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #299 on: December 19, 2010, 10:07:02 PM »
>Is it possible to proceed further or does it seem too crazy?

> It's cold, but you can make it through.
> The trees are starting to thin out.

> _