Author Topic: JK9 Mafia - Game over like a dog with 2 legs  (Read 33761 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Re: JK9 Mafia - Day 5
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »
Sigh.  That's what I would have done.  Actually, maybe...

##Unvote
##Vote: reVelske

This game is screwed up.  Mafia is certainly not for emotional people.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: JK9 Mafia - Day 5
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
Completely irrelevant since FFM quoted his role PM word for word. Modkilled.

GDIF.

The terribleness of this game from both sides is just unspeakable.

I will however condone any perceived dickish behaviour on reVelske's part because it was very warranted.

Re: JK9 Mafia - Game over like a dog with 2 legs
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2010, 10:56:22 PM »
Wow, this game was supremely messed up. The nightkill choices were incredibly baffling (I'm still not sure why I died, my d1 was pretty bleh) and everything after my death pretty much gave me a headache to read (especially d3 onwards). At d4 I just kind of stopped trying when it came to reading the thread.

Kudos to Affinity for being right about Rou all game at least, I think that's more than what anybody else can say for themselves. Also I liked reVelske and found his dickishness amusing, wouldn't mind seeing him play again some day.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2010, 10:59:44 PM »
You don't get it. Affinity is scum.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »
FFM. What the hell? I just... Have no words. The unbelievable amount of stupidity here is... What.

ReV. Were you just leading FFM on near the end there or did you really have no idea how to make yourself clearer? ...I honestly don't think I can even blame you if you WERE just waiting to see how long it was before he realized what you were trying to say.

My mind may be deliberately filtering out everything from earlier in the game but the end alone was so utterly stupid that I just... This is unbelievable.

Note that this is someone who doesn't even PLAY Mafia who is looking upon the stupidity here and going "What." <_<

Ninja: I agree with huhwhat completely on nightkill choices being baffling. WHY would anyone bother to NK Doll? Doll was a complete non-threat and didn't look like he'd be contributing anything. Just... Ahaha what?

EDIT: ...Ahahaha WHAT. Affinity was scum? Seriously? That... Ahaha. Which means... FFM was town... Ahahahaha

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:59 PM »
Oh. <_< You could have actually said that somewhere.
Well, that... doesn't change much, really. Except kudos to him for bussing Rou instead of being right, whatever.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »
I figured Rev was scum, but I guess he wasn't.

FFMaster could use some help with Mafia play techniques. Entire game was a bit derp for me so I gave up halfway D2. Up until that point I'd hoped to get ANYTHING out of NeoSerela but unfortunately no, nothing ever came. After that point I decided to just go screw it because everyone was being lurkerish and if anything kills my interest it's people posting little, saying little and just waiting around.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:09 PM »
GJ Affinity, I just knew you were the scum. Also, nice job super ridiculously bussing roukanken. You didn't throw him in front of a bus, you threw him in front of an 18 wheeler going 80, then threw the corpse into the Gulf of Mexico to plug up the oil spill.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
I don't quite remember but I think Affinity was one of the person I was going to use my ability on but wasn't sure if it'll stop scum from killing so I protected Rev instead...I died the same night.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
This was a failure.
I'm making a note here, CLUSTERFUCK.
It's hard to overstate my seething anger.

Calm the hell down, guys.
It's only a game. For real. It's true.
When you scream to prove your point
It only brings out more hate

When you know it's banned to give your role PM out
Keep it down, don't pretend that there's a shadow of doubt
It was in the freaking rules
Now we bring out stabby tools
So the Master won't stay still alive

Kudos to Affinity for being right about Rou all game at least, I think that's more than what anybody else can say for themselves.

I'll tell you a secret.
Affinity is, in fact, a cat.
I got bussed without a hint of warning.
For not contributing
When there's wasn't a-nything to say.
As I died it hurt because
I was so happy for him!

Now his superbussing brought him out in the end
But it's not a plan that I would want to defend
With the tracker on the loose
FF could have cooked his goose
But now Aff is the one still alive

Time for hiatus?
There's too much emotion in the game
Lurking isn't helping matters either.
Maybe till Christmas
We can relax and take a break
Maybe then we'll be around
And start this madness again!

MVP for Town, I would still say it was Bard
Though on Neo, sure, he tunneled pretty damn hard
But there's not much to compete
Now the trainwreck is complete
And there's no-one in Town still alive

OK, Rev is in fact still alive.
He tempted fate and yet he's still alive.
Asked us to lynch him and he's still alive.
I have no clue why he is still alive.
Still alive?
Still alive.

-----

Trying to bring some humour into this, but yeah that game was pretty eh. Kinda glad to have died early on in retrospect. :|

« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2010, 11:09:08 PM »
Oh right, I forgot to complain about the two no lynches.

Two no lynches, guys? Really?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2010, 11:10:39 PM »
Town MVP is Affinity. The only guy that caught scum. He did it the legit townie way.

« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2010, 11:13:26 PM »
See, it was totally reasonable for me to have thought Affinity was town when skimming the last few posts and finding a flipless game over! <_<

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »
Kudos to Affinity for the hard bus on Rou from the start. Cute that it proves it could work in a game with few power roles. The counter to that would have been if more dirt could be gotten against him, but with 2 no lynches (pretty bad stuff to say the least), he only had his Day 4 wagon against him.

Didn't like the case on Neo after Rou's flip because Rou had pursued Neo all game and I had thought Rou would not do a hard bus with Neo as his partner. At the same time, I was a little suspicious that Affinity could attempt it, so it's a funny double standard that could be eliminated if this were anonymafia. From what I remember of Day 2 though, it was kinda fluky that the Rou lynch actually occurred imo. Good strategy in the end coupled with the Town power roles not quite doing enough this game. And no, I didn't commit to thinking Affinity was scum until his Day 4 vote on PX aided by a bad feeling due to meta. He played it as well as he could have.

Another thing I was hoping for was that the Tracker would fullclaim on Day 4. With 4 Townies and 1 Scum alive, he should be willing to sac himself for the greater good. He clears himself and he would have cleared Rev. That leaves 3 targets with 2 chances and also clears his own lackluster play. Because Affinity would have most likely killed him on N4.

Day 5 was infuriating. I disagree with some of these early opinions and didn't like how reV played it. He absolutely said he would punish FFMaster at the end of Day 4 which is a terrible precedent and goes against "playing to win." And he followed through on it with an immediate LYLO vote and stipulates that Affinity earned the win if he was wrong. Well yea, but it's your damn fault Town lost, not FFMaster's. That's because you were too stubborn to at least not talk it out in Day 5. There's no such thing as an undeserving win. You win or you lose in Mafia. Be grateful you're in a game where Town gets that far and try to win it. Otherwise, just look at Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia and how far Town was there. And if you weren't the tracker, you should have known FFMaster or Affinity was it. Couldn't you have bothered to hear their roleclaims? And I don't get why you think his flavor name mattered.

And FFMaster, if you're not sure if something breaks the rules, ask the mod.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2010, 11:23:24 PM »
I actually found this game fun...but then, this is my first mafia game. *Hugs all*

« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:17 PM »
I have to say, I was considering joining in the next mafia game,  but after seeing this, I'm kinda scared. :ohdear:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »
The next game will have people on the level of Wrathie-bad barred from playing.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
Awww, come on Hourai join, it's actually fun, for me anyway....

« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
 ::)
I'll do it.
Now to wait for next year. :P

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #259 on: November 23, 2010, 11:33:46 PM »
I loved your song, Rou, but I'm not Town MVP. :P

Also, on No Lynch, it's never profitable for Town to No Lynch unless they can protect the roles that actually matter. No Lynch takes the kill out of Town's hands and places it in Scum's. If your only method to weed out Scum is by lynching them, you shouldn't ever suggest going No Lynch just to thin the number and proceed to do ABSOLUTELY NO SCUM HUNTING. Hinging a Town plan on the idea that the Tracker won't die in the night and that "the statistical chance of getting it right increases" is really, really bad.

Lynch every day unless Role Madness permits you to rolegame instead of scumhunt. Don't hinge Town's victory on statistical analysis and a solely singular role. Always base Town's strategy around lynching scummy people for being scummy, not No Lynching because you want to increase your %-chance of being right.

Also, seriously, lurking harms Town. Not being clear about your opinions hurts Town. It's okay to have "nothing to say" during RVS - but after that there is almost always something to say, even if it's just griping that people should talk more. When in doubt, go with a gut feeling. It's still better than posting one-liners about how you're unsure about everything.

I'll see you in January.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2010, 03:48:07 AM »
ReV. Were you just leading FFM on near the end there or did you really have no idea how to make yourself clearer? ...I honestly don't think I can even blame you if you WERE just waiting to see how long it was before he realized what you were trying to say.

:V ?

OK, Rev is in fact still alive.
He tempted fate and yet he's still alive.
Asked us to lynch him and he's still alive.
I have no clue why he is still alive.
Still alive?
Still alive.

Because...

@Kiro:

Sheesh, hater. *blows Kiro a raspberry*

See above for part of the reason for the quick vote. And I have "played to win", we are at the end of the game and final result matters little to me, it's the journey that counts! Sure, I knew about there most likely being a tracker and should've asked for a roleclaim from both of them at the start, but as you can see, it would've made little difference with FFM's roleclaiming ability, Affinity's version would've been more believable.

As for flavoured names, I've seen people who are terrible at making up lies.

Anyhow.

A shame really that Bard pushed the Neo case so damn hard just due to giving up.

And again, well played to Affinity, your last two days' "let's back reV's opinions up completely!" kinda made me extremely wary of you (and I was pretty convinced that you are town before that point), but FFM's hammer just did it for me, I was far more convinced about FFM riding on his noobness than you being scum.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:57:32 AM by reVelske »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2010, 04:00:49 AM »
And I have "played to win", we are at the end of the game and final result matters little to me, it's the journey that counts!

The journey counts, but the destination also counts. The two ultimate rules of Mafia are "have fun" and "play to win", and both should be kept in mind at all times, not just when it's convenient.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2010, 04:08:52 AM »
Pretty sure this is the worst mafia game in MotK history.

I don't mind, though, because Rou's parody song from earlier is wonderful.

<3, Rou.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2010, 05:35:04 AM »
Sure, I knew about there most likely being a tracker and should've asked for a roleclaim from both of them at the start, but as you can see, it would've made little difference with FFM's roleclaiming ability, Affinity's version would've been more believable.

Yea, I understand that and iterated as much to Pesco when I was PMing him during Day 5. It just seemed that you never gave him a chance because you didn't unvote him at all during your exchange with him and then proceeded to write out that Affinity could have his win after all. You could say Affinity deserved to win, but couldn't you also say that you deserved to win by making a hard decision to put aside your bias against FFMaster and vote correctly? Affinity chose to risk his only buddy from the start of the game, it's perfectly acceptable to punish him by lynching him, even if it takes Town all the way to LYLO to do so.

And there's no hate. Disappointment, but no hate.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2010, 05:58:56 AM »
@Kiro: Yeah, as said, I definitely should have, but being an egotistic and self-righteous bastard the Epitome of Justice, I absolutely had to punish the FFM for his actions through out the days and give Affinity his deserving victory regardless of his alignment :3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:31:53 PM by reVelske »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
I would say that Town MVP is Doll, due to the fact that he voted Roukanken for no reason at all and made me facepalm due to instant wagon.  I would say that, without his vote, Roukanken would not have been lynched.  Extreme apologies to Roukanken for hard bussing him without any warning, the song is completely warranted and stuff; I was so certain that no one would listen to me with my long-winded posts that D2 was just baffling.  I share Kiro's sentiment that the Rou lynch just 'happened' on D2; none of them on the wagon actually really entertained my reasons for voting him (e.g passive scumhunting), and three of them just jumped on to get a lynch.  Lastly, everyone just happened to hate Rou by D2 except reVelske, so it may be doubtful if the lynch would not have happened if I did not vote.  With the play being stagnant, I also wanted to selfishly mix things up a bit, sadly.  Both town and scum did not work together, and suddenly I was gambling with the set-up.

If Rou defended himself, I would change my vote, but sigh, changing due to nothing would have made me weak enough for Bardiche to point out.  I wanted something like Bamboo Forest to happen, but hmm.

NK choices were to me sensible.  On N2, Doll had the absolute license to vote anyone in the game due to being a newbie.  To actually use that license to vote scum as the second vote without any reason at all is pretty much obvtown play to me; why would you use that license to vote scum so early in the wagon if you were the other scum?  Doesn't make sense.  He would have been confirmed townie to me, and well, it would potentially dodge the jailer too than if I were to vote reVelske, the more 'correct' NK.

And well, I wanted to show how haphazard the NK choices were to lessen the subconscious stigma against me not getting NK'ed so many times, but well, that's just subjective.

---

The rest of the days... are not worth mentioning.  Three things.

1. Complaining about RVS on D2 and how people were 'supposedly advocating passivity' is quite sad and unnecessary.  It does not in any way catch scum because their opinions aren't going to change whether town or scum.

2. Cases are everywhere even in games as stagnant and unmoving as this.  With every lynch comes a bandwagon.

3. Defend yourself a little bit when faced with a case.  I planned to move off you, Roukanken, and my vote was not exactly final.  Not that that excuses me, but still, claiming that there was nothing to talk about in the game is quite... strange.

---

I like reVelske's play very much for being peppy and interesting without being too offensive (to me, though you could have let up a little on FFMaster).  Conclusions were logical, and cases were pretty much coherent.  Bardiche was too fixated on ED1.  PX is getting the hang of this game in my opinion, and can become better in the future.  FFMaster needs to stop letting emotions cloud his voting and tracking decisions.  it's scaring people away.  Doll, might need to sit around for longer.  Yup, that's all.  Sorry Roukanken.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »
Pretty sure this is the worst mafia game in MotK history.
Speaking as someone who was in/modded those games that I swear never existed, this is a load off my mind. :V