Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151427 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #420 on: December 04, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
PCB Stage 4 Lunatic 2DNB1BB.

Had no idea what broke my border on Lily. First death (second to last attack in stage portion) was kind of expected since I suck at streaming that part. Second death was extremely derpy - I really need to learn how to stream Lyrica's second nonspell better. Otherwise I'm actually proud of this run, since the Prismriver Sisters normally trip me up.

Also, I finally think I'm getting better at Stage 5 Youmu's first two nonspells. About time I learned them, really.

Not if people asks to get laughed at right?  ;)

Its nothing serious you know. Crashing into fairies does occasionally happen to me as well.
I imagined you weren't serious. But other people who don't know you that well might not see it that way, so I would be careful about it. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:38:23 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later

« Reply #422 on: December 04, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
I imagined you weren't serious. But other people who don't know you that well might not see it that way, so I would be careful about it. Just sayin'.

Apparently Naut thought i was :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:34 PM »
IN Extra 2D2B run.

Both bombs were deathbombs though, so 4 bombs used if you want to get technical. What's great about this replay is that I captured both Tsuki no Iwakasa's Curse and Imperishable Shooting for the first time in forever. Predictably, I died on Mokou's last nonspell, but I did survive longer than usual.

holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit
You beat Phantasm before MoF Extra? Congrats. Looking at your replay, I'm not sure how much I agree with the way you approached a bunch of attacks, but a clear's a clear, I guess.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #425 on: December 04, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
Quote from: PsuedoMcNym
Congratulations!

Thanks!

You beat Phantasm before MoF Extra? (Hahah yeah, I know.) Congrats. Looking at your replay, I'm not sure how much I agree with the way you approached a bunch of attacks, but a clear's a clear, I guess.

Hahaha~ I realize this. I fudged up pretty bad on BoHaY, Dreams and Reality, Ran's cards, the stage itself...
It was probably the best stage run I ever could have hoped for.
It was also probably the worst start to the Yukari fight in Touhou history.

Hey Keine..?

In unrelated news, UFO Easy Clear.
Not entirely shooting for a high score, but I got around 243M.

« Reply #426 on: December 04, 2010, 07:24:54 PM »
Apparently Naut thought i was :V

You would've caught a lot more shit from me than a simple image edit if I thought you were serious ;)

« Reply #427 on: December 04, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
You would've caught a lot more shit from me than a simple image edit if I thought you were serious ;)

Oh please? You don't understand my psyche at all. Now you make me curious to what you were gonna say which means i need to be serious.  :V

Okay. Let's not go to that. That wouldn't be nice on whoever the victim would be. Plus i don't want to get probated or worse.

« Reply #428 on: December 04, 2010, 08:42:05 PM »
o/ I cleared Mystic Square

sure it was on easy but it was only my 3rd try ever so I'll take it.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #429 on: December 04, 2010, 09:02:12 PM »
Oh please? You don't understand my psyche at all. Now you make me curious to what you were gonna say which means i need to be serious.  :V
Jeez, you really like to push your luck, don't you? You don't need to get the last word in every time, y'know. Chill. :V
Let's fight.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #430 on: December 05, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
PCB Stage 4 Lunatic perfect stage portion!

Yatta! I finally pulled it off! I didn't cheese any part by not firing (namely the post-Lily section), though from the looks of things I "timed out" the death-fairy (the bullets disappeared on their own, but I still killed the fairy before it went off-screen).

Died twice on the Prismrivers, of course. For the longest time I wondered what Lyrica's opener at max rank was like. Turns out it's simply the purple arrows switched around. Survived one iteration, died on the second (just before the attack would have ended too, agh). I think I know how to approach it next time, but perfecting the ending parts of the stage again might be tricky.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #431 on: December 05, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »
max rank

What

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #432 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
Managed to capture Fujiyama Volcano, Possessed by Phoenix, and Hourai Doll in a single run.

Elsewhere was bad though - failed Returning Bridge Ichijo, and more unforgivably Mokou's first nonspell because the smoke detector decided to go off and scared the crap out of me. And of course my freakish capture of her last non-spell isn't going to twopeat itself.

« Reply #433 on: December 05, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »
PCB Stage 4 Lunatic perfect stage portion!
Died twice on the Prismrivers, of course. For the longest time I wondered what Lyrica's opener at max rank was like. Turns out it's simply the purple arrows switched around. Survived one iteration, died on the second (just before the attack would have ended too, agh). I think I know how to approach it next time, but perfecting the ending parts of the stage again might be tricky.

I never understood how that attack was ever gonna wall you.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #434 on: December 05, 2010, 11:40:16 PM »
freakish capture of her last non-spell isn't going to twopeat itself.
Wow, good job!

(Now do it again. :V)

« Reply #435 on: December 06, 2010, 12:00:35 AM »
For the longest time I wondered what Lyrica's opener at max rank was like. Turns out it's simply the purple arrows switched around.

Wasn't the rank system removed in PCB ?

« Reply #436 on: December 06, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »
Removed with IN.

Rank in PCB doesn't affect much though.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #437 on: December 06, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »
What's this "rank" you speak of?  :ohdear:

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #438 on: December 06, 2010, 12:52:06 AM »
Supposedly, PCB has a rank system, but any changes in difficulty are so minuscule as to be considered completely negligible, with one exception: Lyrica's opener (don't know if the other Sister's openers are affected too, since I never play anyone but MarisaA). As I mentioned, the only difference seems to be the purple arrows getting mirrored. It does change the way you need to approach the attack, but I think all you need to do is make sure you slip through the purple arrows before you do the same with the red/brown ones - essentially, don't try to dodge both waves at the same time. Needs testing, of course, but that's my take on it.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #439 on: December 06, 2010, 01:06:21 AM »
What's this "rank" you speak of?  :ohdear:
It's pretty much the coolest thing ever. :V

From shmups forum's glossary:
Rank: Underlying gameplay system found in many shmups which will automatically adjust the game’s difficulty in accordance with the player’s performance: for example, in many cases more enemies will appear (and/or existing enemies will attack more aggressively, among other things) when the player is fully powered up. Some more “extreme” rank systems require that the player purposely avoids powering up, shooting down enemies, etc. in order to effectively increase his chances of survival, although often at the cost of higher scoring opportunities.

Some rank systems are controlled directly by the player’s status (such as survival time) and can change relatively quickly, while others will continually increase depending on the player’s actions until they “max out,” and efforts to control them can only slow down how fast they increase. There is almost always no onscreen display showing exactly how the rank is progressing, and the player must generally rely on experience and observation to roughly determine it.
To my knowledge, rank in the Touhou games that have it is solely based on survival; surviving increases it, dying (and deathbombing, in some cases?) lowers it. IIRC, the rank also resets after each stage; it'll only really make a difference during boss fights. It's pretty noticable in EoSD with bosses like Patchouli and Sakuya - cards like Emerald Megalith or Killing Doll are far, far more vicious if you've one-lifed up to that point in the stage.
Let's fight.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #440 on: December 06, 2010, 01:57:52 AM »
PCB Extra Stage perfect run!

Take a deep breath, Funen1. You finally got it.

I think the only Extra stage left that I'm realistically close to perfecting is Phantasm, though I'll need more time to practice stuff. I would count MoF Extra as close, if Suwa War wasn't so fucking impossible (I'm convinced the perfect run will just "happen" someday).

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2010, 02:20:57 AM »

Very cool to have perfected Ran, it's a real endurance test. If you can manage that, I'm confident you can get Yukari too, so go for it - it's not really much harder than Ran, and the extra card is pretty simple after you memorize it. Go go go! :]
Let's fight.

« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2010, 02:07:27 PM »
Froggy Braves the Elements Timeout

It was apparently a pretty long lasting spellcard. It kills me from time to time so i think this is pretty good even if it did only take two tries.

« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »
Just 1CC'd UFO on easy for the first time today, with a lot of lives remaining. I remember it being much harder...
Now I just need to do the same with SA and I'm done with EZMODO survival runs.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2010, 01:08:11 AM »
1cc'd MarisaA in SA.  I've always found SA to be particularly tough and draining, so despite bomb-spamming on Utsuho's last card, I'm happy with how I did, even if I'm too lazy to post anything about the actual result.
Spoiler:
Eggs + Hot springs = Unyuuuu~!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »
Finally captured Reimu's Seventy-Two Spirit Signs Formation in Phantasm Romance. Wee~

Also, unrelated to Touhou but I want to brag somewhere: Managed to get my second yakuman ever in Touhou Unreal Mahjong. Wee~

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #446 on: December 09, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »
PCB Extra clear at 90 fps.
Replay can be uploaded if wanted.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
* Donut Godzilla roars

Hour and a half...an hour and a half of listening to Love-Colored Magic. I think I've gone crazy. But I did it. I perfected SoEW Marisa. Anyone want tips on her I'VE GOT THEM. Here's one on the house: She's random. Absolutely fucking random. What she uses, when she uses it, what she actually fires, it's all random. It's amazing there's any way to manipulate her at all, but it's there. IT'S THERE. And it still requires you to pray she doesn't shotgun you in the face with danmaku undodgable at that range and with controls that awful or do an on-side kick during the star play, which is 80% guaranteed to touchdown.

I think I'm gonna lie down now.

Sata Andagi~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #448 on: December 09, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »
Yeaaaaah Marisa is pretty much the make- or- break factor in a no bombs 1cc. Now you kind of now what I went through.  :V
The most important thing to remember is WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT kill the orbs when she's in the middle of doing an attack as she will IMMEDIATELY fire a new wave and they will overlap to form a wave of death.

...ah memories.

Gonna try that Next thing you mentioned sometime later. If only for a short time of feeling hope.  :qq:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
I perfected SoEW Marisa.
*spittake*

I am experiencing a feeling somewhere between admiration and pity...  :o
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."