Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151407 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2010, 05:37:59 AM »
And after finally clearing Memory "DNA's Flaw", Double Spoiler all 108 scenes cleared.
And yet, after around three months, I've still only cleared 93 scenes.
:fail:

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2010, 06:04:03 AM »
I don't even know what a florist is :V

Alright. Stop there. How? The stage portion of IN Stage 5, especially on Normal, has got to be one of the easiest levels in shmup history. I want you to upload a replay of how an average Stage 5 run goes for you. There is obviously something you are doing very wrong.

As for your boss list there. It seems that the order of difficulty is different on Normal mode. I wouldn't know. Its all the same to me. You seem to handle Shou pretty well which is nice. What i don't understand then is why Sanae and Reisen are being such a problem for you.

Both bosses are just about doing the cards in the right manner and then you basically can't loose. And that's not just speaking from a Lunatic's point of view. I found them to be easy bosses when i was playing Normal too.

So yeah, why don't you upload a replay in which you try your best against Sanae as well.

Who?

Faaark
Mmkay, so it's been so long since I've played MoF that I can't get past Momiji now.
It's not that she's my brick wall, no, it's that I just so happen to have zero lives and 2.x power left whenever I get to her.
My computer sucks arse and is lagging on 1/3 16bit settings, btw

As for achievement, MarisaB perfect Stage 1 Lunatic.
Don't ask how.

« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2010, 10:31:32 AM »
Faaark
Mmkay, so it's been so long since I've played MoF that I can't get past Momiji now.
It's not that she's my brick wall, no, it's that I just so happen to have zero lives and 2.x power left whenever I get to her.
My computer sucks arse and is lagging on 1/3 16bit settings, btw

Lagging computers totally sucks when it comes to danmaku games. Also, when you are playing MoF and just want to 1cc you can bomb pretty much any attack that you find to be too hard for you. And no, it won't spoil you.

And after finally clearing Memory "DNA's Flaw", Double Spoiler all 108 scenes cleared.

Now do it with Hatate. :P

Iirc i only had to spend a few hours clearing house with her. Her faster reloading speed breaks some cards.

« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »
But then her zero-range camera makes other cards ridiculously hard (10-6 comes to mind). So it's pretty much a trade-up, neither is overall easier to use than the other.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
Lagging computers totally sucks when it comes to danmaku games. Also, when you are playing MoF and just want to 1cc you can bomb pretty much any attack that you find to be too hard for you. And no, it won't spoil you.

waaaaah

on the bright side 200, 000, 000 points and capped Sanae's final
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:47:11 PM by Aquandescence »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Best EoSD 1cc so far: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=10884

I truly do not know how the fuck did I lose so many lives in the fifth and sixth stages, and HOW THE FUCK I LOST 2 LIVES ON THE SAME NONSPELL DAMN YOU BAD REFLEXES  :ohdear:

« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »
Recollection "Tengu Macro Burst" timeout

That was something I was trying for a while but just couldn't get. Tried it a few times earlier and actually got it. Satori did kind of go easy on me, but I'll take it.

That's all of Satori's Aya cards timed out. Which one should I go for next?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
Recollection "Tengu Macro Burst" timeout

That was something I was trying for a while but just couldn't get. Tried it a few times earlier and actually got it. Satori did kind of go easy on me, but I'll take it.

That's all of Satori's Aya cards timed out. Which one should I go for next?

Satori's Patchouli cards.

« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2010, 10:24:20 PM »
I don't even have the stage unlocked for that one or MarisaC. And I never captured any of the Alice ones, though I could probably time out the Straw Doll one.

But I need to do that eventually though.

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »
Perfect SA stage 3 lunatic. This isn't very hard, but I'm counting it as an accomplishment since it took me about 5 tries, after not touching the stage for 3 months.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2010, 03:32:21 AM »
Beat Yukari's Normal SWR Story without dying once today, yet yesterday, I was failing miserably.

:toot: much :V

« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »

« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
On the subject of Nitori,

I have the second and final recollection captured on Lunatic after 6 tries at the fight. That first one is quite tough though. Oh, also timed out the final one, but that thing is easy, and I think it may pretty much be the same as the MoF one. I think that final one was actually harder on the lower difficulties.

Edit: 6 tries that actually got to them.

Edit: Just captured the first Nitori Recollection as well. 10 tries total.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:53:02 PM by Phoenixma »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2010, 05:03:40 AM »
I'm sure people here don't know how stubborn I can be sometimes when it comes to video games. Perhaps this will show you that I am. I know I said I didn't want to touch the photography games again, but for some odd reason I felt like I had to do more with DS.

Double Spoiler all 99 of Hatate's scenes cleared.

Okay, now I can put this one to rest. No way am I interested in scorerunning this game. About time I got back to practicing SA scorerunning, actually.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:33 AM »
Given that you are the memorization dude i can understand why you appreciate scorerunning in a Touhou game OTHER than DS and StB.

Those are fun to grind score in.  :)

Also, timed out Danmaku Paranoia without focus. It sounded like a dreadful task but it wasn't. It was really easy in fact. What wasn't easy was another thing LR asked me to. Capturing Catwalk without focus.

I pulled it off but given how poor my capture rate is on it normally... yikes. Finally i timed out Okuu's 1st card on Normal with Marisa without focusing. Who the heck said that card was harder than the lunatic version?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »
Who the heck said that card was harder than the lunatic version?
That was Banana. He didn't know what he was talking about. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2010, 05:11:44 AM »
1cc MoF Lunatic!

Spoiler:
At 90fps.

:)

« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2010, 07:54:58 AM »
That was Banana. He didn't know what he was talking about. :V

Not in that regard, no. That spell is quite over-the-top for a normal card though. Still easy stuff because its so slow but then again - Normal mode was always pathetic.

Lunatic Red made me play a lot of Normal mode. The bullets basically dodge themselves. Anyway, i've done some accomplishments:
Ahemm. Pacified Koishi's "Release of the Id" and "Super Ego" in the same run. Became rather intense because of their long timer and weird pattern.

I also did a 1DNB timeout of Rorschack in Danmaku. Stupid death. I'm also supposed to time out Embers of Love. I hate that card. Its the embodiment of a card that cannot kill you without walling you... i don't know how it works anyway.

And a timeout of Hells Tokamak. 2 attempts it took. Finally i pulled off a timeout of Parsee's 2nd spell on Normal under the condition of having to shoot the fake Parsee everytime. Surprisingly tough. Three tries but whoa it still looked scary.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »
1cc MoF Lunatic!

Spoiler:
At 90fps.

:)
fukken

God damn, man. Congrats!
Let's fight.

« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »
Normal mode was always pathetic.
The bullets basically dodge themselves.

So I've been working on a Normal Mode accompli- uh... nevermind normal mode is pathetic

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »
First time playing EOSD in four months and at 120 FPS- getting to Post-Koakuma and Pre-Patchy before dying.
That was... interesting.
If I can do that, then a normal speed 1CC shouldn't be far off.

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »
I can barely GET to Patchy on normal. I beat her once on normal and that was it.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:51 AM »
In my latest attempt at PCB Lunatic I managed to capture Spring Kyoto Doll (a first!), Hanged Hourai Doll and Lily White's midboss attack (another first!) in one run.

...now only if Chen doesn't kick my ass every time she sees me on Lunatic. Me actually accepting the need to develop a bombing reflex would help too.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2010, 04:44:59 AM »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »
Congratulations on clearing Extra Donus  :V

Though really, MariAri is such a worthless combo so its an accomplishment in that sense. :)

I haven't done anything special myself though. DId a timeout of Recollection "Pandemonium" Lunatic. It wasn't really hard but one impressive dodge was present.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:40 AM »
Just beat Suwacko legitimately :toot:
EX bosses so far beaten(in order): Ran, Yukari, Mokou, Suwacko
Which one should I go for next?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2010, 05:29:11 AM »
Koishi. >:D

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=10957

EoSD lunatic 1cc. Cleared 3/1, which I think is a new personal best, but there were still some horrific errors, such as messing up the rhythm on the second non-directional laser and bombing twice. :fail:

EDIT: [21:40] <Kuruminut> BOOYAH
[21:41] <Kuruminut> I told myself going into Nue that this would be the run, and I was right!
[21:41] <Kuruminut> I knew this would be the second run where I would ruin a perfect run on the last phase of Grudge Bow due to a complete retard error in judgement! \o/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:42:58 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:09 AM »
Fuck genetics.
Pick someone else.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2010, 07:26:18 AM »
Well, there's only Nue, Koishi and Flandre. Maybe GFW, if you care for it.