Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151423 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:26 AM »
First stab at Phantasm in a long time. I swear my approach to Yukari's second card was total improv. :V There's also a BoLaD capture, glad to see I can still do that.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2010, 05:47:24 AM »
IN Hard 90fps 1cc, second try (not  counting restarting due to stupid crap on stage 1 or 2).

First try was game over on Hourai Jewel :(

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
Perfect MoF Stage 3 Lunatic. Too bad the run went completely downhill with Aya.

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
It probably seems a silly thing to celebrate for more experienced touhou players, as I know Imperishable NIght has a reputation for being quite an easy touhou game when played with the border team.

Nonetheless, last week I succeeded in completing the game on Normal, without using a single continue, using just the border team =)
I'm quite satisfied considering that it's the only touhou game that I've so far managed to complete on any difficulty other than Easy.
I eat squirrels.

« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »
It probably seems a silly thing to celebrate for more experienced touhou players, as I know Imperishable NIght has a reputation for being quite an easy touhou game when played with the border team.

Nonetheless, last week I succeeded in completing the game on Normal, without using a single continue, using just the border team =)
I'm quite satisfied considering that it's the only touhou game that I've so far managed to complete on any difficulty other than Easy.

Nay, nay! If you feel you've accomplished something, it's an accomplishment worth posting about! Great job!

« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
Capturing Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana in only 10 tries.

And sightread Resurrection Butterfly Hard capture.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
No Deaths Phantasm

I bombed 4 times during the run. Once during a stage part that I find to be BS. Then at the end of the stage cause I often mess that up and I ruined any chance of perfect earlier anyway. Perfected Yukari outside of BoLaD where I bombed twice because I fail at that card as well as Ran's easier version.

Now I want to try to break a billion, but I'm not sure how to get that many more points.

Edit: I did break a border on the stage, oops on the replay link saying I didn't.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:05:03 AM by Phoenixma »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2010, 07:31:59 PM »

Funny, I thought Imperishable Night was one of the harder ones. Well, Reisen, at least.
Her cards madden me.

I got past Butterfly in The Zen Temple! :toot:
Ran out of resources on the nonspell after Double Death Butterfly and lost.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
But that one is just streaming, isn't it?

« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »
Double Black Death Butterfly (Satori, lunatic version) timeout; this one had eluded me for quite some time. That makes all ReimuA Satori cards timed out, plus the boss perfected.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »
But that one is just streaming, isn't it?

Maybe it is, but I panicked because everything was moving so fast ;-;

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »
Panicking tends to happen.
But do you have replays of these things? Unless you'd rather not have me shit on your accomplishments give elitist criticism hand helpful advice.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »
PCB Stage 4 always takes some getting used to when I pick it back up. Finally managed to perfect the post-Lily stuff again, and I captured the death-fairy for what feels like the first time. I'm also proud of how I captured the Prismrivers' last card.

Of course I'm still nowhere close to a full perfect run, what are you crazy? :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Formless God

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:38 AM »
Shoot the Little Moon timeout, Flashlight Spark timeout, FDR Gold <edit> + timeout. Last phase is win.
Might also have found a way to capture / timeout Open Universe.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:34:18 AM by Anarchy Formless »

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »
Just now, my very first clear of Phantasm with 4 lives left. Yay to defeating mai Waifu.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »
Woot, I finally broke the 30m mark on Double Spoiler.
Now, I should really stop distracting myself from studying.

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2010, 05:31:58 AM »
OMG finally cleared StB Scene 7-8. Took so much longer than it should have, because fuck the timing of the big red bulbs. Feels so good to never have to do it again. :V

Also, StB seems to be faring better with first impressions than DS. I'm up to 8-4, and although there were some "hard" ones before this point, 7-8 is the only one I would call frustrating. I expect things to get harder, but hopefully a bunch of them will actually be fun to learn.

« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »
Funny, I thought Imperishable Night was one of the harder ones. Well, Reisen, at least.
Her cards madden me

Fun fact: Reisen is probably the easiest Stage 5 boss alive.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »
Are you sure you're not forgetting about a certain florist? :V

« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »
I find Sanae easier. Sanae just has that second boss card that's difficult.

Reisen has Illusion Seeker, whatever her third card was called, and Telemesmerism. Of course, that last one is just bonus thankfully.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2010, 05:31:19 PM »
Shingyoku is the easiest stage 5 boss.  BV

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2010, 11:20:31 PM »
Fun fact: Reisen is probably the easiest Stage 5 boss alive.

Youmu: 2 deaths and 3 bombs
Sanae: 3 deaths and 1 bomb
Rin: 2 deaths and 4 bombs
Shou: 1 death and 3 bombs

Eientei Stage: 2 deaths and 3 bombs
Reisen: 3 deaths and 6 bombs

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2010, 12:05:21 AM »
After I learned how to not suck entirely at Normal mode, Shou was the first stage 5 boss I perfected on Normal mode...

And with MarisaB.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor

« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
Are you sure you're not forgetting about a certain florist? :V

I don't even know what a florist is :V

Youmu: 2 deaths and 3 bombs
Sanae: 3 deaths and 1 bomb
Rin: 2 deaths and 4 bombs
Shou: 1 death and 3 bombs

Eientei Stage: 2 deaths and 3 bombs
Reisen: 3 deaths and 6 bombs

Alright. Stop there. How? The stage portion of IN Stage 5, especially on Normal, has got to be one of the easiest levels in shmup history. I want you to upload a replay of how an average Stage 5 run goes for you. There is obviously something you are doing very wrong.

As for your boss list there. It seems that the order of difficulty is different on Normal mode. I wouldn't know. Its all the same to me. You seem to handle Shou pretty well which is nice. What i don't understand then is why Sanae and Reisen are being such a problem for you.

Both bosses are just about doing the cards in the right manner and then you basically can't loose. And that's not just speaking from a Lunatic's point of view. I found them to be easy bosses when i was playing Normal too.

So yeah, why don't you upload a replay in which you try your best against Sanae as well.

Shingyoku is the easiest stage 5 boss.  BV

Who?

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »
I 1CCd MOUNTAIN OF FAITH.....on easy mode....A big achievement for me considering the only other game I can 1cc is Imperishable Night easy mode. I can't 1cc PCB on easy and I can't even clear any of the other games on easy. Can't beat Okuu at all and I can't even get to stage 6 on UFO (Curse you Shou!). I was doing so well until Kanako's final spell card...OMG wall of death after wall of death and curse that damn bomb immunity. I got through the whole game without loosing a single life and only bombing a few times, until Kanako at least. I got taken all the way down to 1 life and 1.00 power and just BARELY won, another second and I would have lost.... If only it was one of the ones that let you see the good endings on easy mode....

Adding my input to ongoing topic. I find Shou to be the hardest stage 5 boss. Reisen is the easiest for me and one of my favorite bosses, Mainly because of Visionary Tuning.

Since I'm already here Ill go ahead and add one of my other achievements. A long time back I randomly played through a practice of Keine's stage. I had watched a piano rendetion of Plain Asia and I got the urge to fight her. I played her on normal and was actually able to not only get to her Last Spell card, but I captured it! What makes this so amazing is that 1, I wasn't even trying to unlock it and 2, It was the very first time I had ever even seen the card let alone get a Last Spell . It really scared the crap out of me cause I wasn't expecting it to happen

Video if anyone is interested, have have a few other vids up too if you'd like to comment and give me some advice.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDxlkCafya8

« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »
Try to 1CC PCB on easy next. The massive amounts of bullet spam in the latter stages will help you become more confident.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:03:30 PM by Master Bigode »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
Well, I just unlocked deflation world. And guess what? I already had 2 lucky-ass dodges (PS: I know there's the "touhou lucky dodges" thread, but... The last post was on october 28th, don't want to do necromancy.)

Luckiest Newbie Dodge ever.

Try to find Yukari if you can  :derp:

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »
Well, I just unlocked deflation world. And guess what? I already had 2 lucky-ass dodges (PS: I know there's the "touhou lucky dodges" thread, but... The last post was on october 28th, don't want to do necromancy.)

Luckiest Newbie Dodge ever.

Try to find Yukari if you can  :derp:

Yukari disappeared! O_O;;