Author Topic: Keine Quest (Part 5): Broken History  (Read 69804 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Keine Quest (Part 5): Broken History
« Reply #990 on: September 26, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
>"Why am I here?"

« Reply #991 on: September 26, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
>"Why am I here?"

>"You're dreaming," she says. "Don't you remember why?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #992 on: September 26, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »
>"You're dreaming," she says. "Don't you remember why?"

>Think. We know this Mugetsu. We know she's here for a reason. There's gotta be a reason, we just need to remember what.
>...
>Oh shit. Someone broke time. And we gotta fix it.
>"I think so..."

« Reply #993 on: September 26, 2010, 09:14:28 AM »
>Think. We know this Mugetsu. We know she's here for a reason. There's gotta be a reason, we just need to remember what.
>...
>Oh shit. Someone broke time. And we gotta fix it.
>"I think so..."

>You continue to wrack your brain and feel more pieces fall back into place. Why you're here. What you came here to do. Why it matters.
>"Good," Mugetsu nods, then frowns again. "...are you sure you're lucid? You were... hard to reach."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #994 on: September 26, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »
>"...I don't know. Am I?"

« Reply #995 on: September 26, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »
>"...I don't know. Am I?"

>"I... think you may be," she says, peering at you. "Are you ready to leave?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:38 AM »
>Nod. "Please, lead the way."

« Reply #997 on: September 26, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
>Nod. "Please, lead the way."

>Mugetsu takes your hand in hers and closes her eyes tightly. You feel... something. You can't really tell what.
>"This way," she says, opening her eyes and leading you through the classroom door.
>You are outside. Which is a neat trick considering that the door opens onto a hallway. In fact, you don't really recognize where you are. There are a number of mature trees, clustered densely together near you, although the area you stand on is relatively clear and open, covered only in short grasses and a few wildflowers. It's dark out, but the moon is bright.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
>Look around.
>"Where are we?"
>Look at the moon.

« Reply #999 on: September 26, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
>Look around.
>"Where are we?"
>Look at the moon.

>You survey your surroundings. It looks like a perfectly nondescript field with scattered stands of trees. Rather picturesque, though. The vegetation matches the Gensokyo clime, although it doesn't specifically correspond to any location you're familiar with. Nothing about it really catches your eye.
>"We are somewhere with Maribel's dreamscape," Mugetsu says. "There are many places here. They are not all connected in a way that would make sense to a waking mind. It is... unpredictable, to a degree."
>You look at the moon. It is a cloudless sky, and the moon gleams brightly. It is a sliver away from full, similar to the night you encountered Maribel originally.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: September 26, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
>"I see. Were you able to find Marisa, too?"
>Look around for winged thingums.
>Steal Mugetsu's kidney, so that we may say we went down swinging.

« Reply #1001 on: September 26, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »
>Steal Mugetsu's kidney, so that we may say we went down swinging.

>You're determined not to come away entirely empty-handed this round. If you're going down, you're going down fighting. Figuring that Mugetsu is as good a target as any, and is moreover the only target in sight, you attempt to steal her kidney. Thanks to the startling lack of logic present in most dreams, you actually succeed with this action.
>You're not quite sure how, but you have obtained: one kidney, slightly used. Mugetsu regards you quizzically.
>Then with a similarly arbitrary lack of logic, Parsee steals both your kidneys. ...wait, what? How does that even-

>You awake with a gasp, bolting upright in your seat. Oh, it was just a dream... just a dream... Well, it really was a dream, wasn't it?
>"Morning, sunshine," comes Parsee's voice. She leers at you, a few inches from your face. "Why don't you just go back to sleep, now?"
>She shanks you, and you oblige.