Author Topic: Werewolf Mafia ~ Let the Hunt begin ~ GAME OVER, WOLVES WIN  (Read 50925 times)

Re: Werewolf Mafia ~ Let the Hunt begin - D1
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2010, 08:35:17 PM »
Also, I have yet to figure out how good, serious cases can come out of a bunch of random voting and goofing off. ???
Then why are you instead contributing to the randomvoting and goofing off :s

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
...Okay, remove the "instead" from that post. It makes it confusing. :x

But I'm basically asking why he's goofing off he he doesn't see how anything serious can come of it.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2010, 08:37:35 PM »
Because it's better than lurking by a longshot?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »
Not entirely, since you're filling up the thread with chaff (possibly the wrong word?) this way, which becomes somewhat intrusive (also possibly the wrong word? WORDS ARE HARD).

To clarify, I'm not actually against goofing off at the start of the thread, but things were beginning to get somewhat srs and it seems awkward to goof off in the middle of that.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 08:42:05 PM »
UK took a more neutral position by voting for the GAME HOST jokingly. Scum usually have no fear of dying except when they're lynched, hence they tend to have a unserious personality. In a standard game, the town is generally more serious on their actions unless they have some sort of super weapon or defense against scum.

But matters here aren't that simple though...it's bound to be very complicated.

To me, this reads as such:
WIFOM

I've never been in the habit of supporting WIFOM. If you can be so sure of a vote, I'd like to see solid reasoning and you, sir, have just provided the worst reasoning possible. Yes, ED1, but perhaps you shouldn't proclaim that you will likely not move your vote again! Perhaps you can try again and provide a suitable explanation for your brazen actions.

RE: Jokevotes. I've made no jokevote thus far. Kilgamayan's hopping around and wishywashiness does not serve town, and his OMGUS does not do so either. He is my second candidate for a vote, except the WIFOM crap takes precedence right now.

Those who persist in their hilarity, quit it, it's scumhunting time and we've got plenty on the table right now.

RE: UK. Don't see a sufficient case on her as of now. Only strike against her is the trolling but she does this regardless of team. She does have a good point with Zakeri. If you declare SRS BSNS to start, be SRS BSNS about it and START IT.

RE: goof off lol. No, guys, no. Vote 'em if they lurk or smokescreen, but the definition of goofing off is irrelevant.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:11 PM »
HW mostly has the right of it, and it does make reading D1 later game more painful, but I guess I feel it's still within the acceptable "Don't forget this is a game, guys" zone. Different strokes I suppose.

Ah, Bard cut: You may consider me suspect for it but I don't plan to really engage strongly til I see a good reason to. I will, however, duly inform you when that time comes. And of course, post replies to anything I feel needs replying to.

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »
Can I ask why everyone's gotten the impression that I'm not doing anything serious?

Bardiche

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
Oh, your case on Kilga is srs. In that case ignore anything I've said on the matter - it just came off as half-hearted if you drop the comment to "let's get srs" without adding any serious-related activity.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »
..I... why are you and Zak taking Kilga's votes at all seriously, Bard? :/

It may be my UNTRAINED MAFIA EYE, But it seems he was just. You know, joke voting in RVS like people freaking do?

Bardiche

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
Because it's how you start a damn D1. You look at something in the jokevotes and vote it. He's jumping around with his jokevotes, ergo he is wishywashy. Called on it he OMGUS's me with a vote back. Very hilarious but no, denied, not funny and leaps and bounds over everything else so far except, of course, captain WIFOM who presently has my vote.

Thumb twiddling that "oh there's nothing to vote on!" is stalling the game and town is merited by DECISIVE VOTING!! and getting out of the jokevote phase.

Which you do by, you know, putting serious votes down and bugger all if you can quantify it at first, the important part is to get srs bsns talk going.

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
Bard got it mostly. From my point of view we need somewhere to start. Kilgamayan's behavior is suspicious enough to be that somewhere.

It does no one any good to just sit there and wait for someone else to make a case. Time isn't what makes a good case. Content is, and you can only get content by making cases. The Idea of jokevoting and the RVS is nothing more than a flanderization of the fact that you have to make cases based on no content before you can get enough content to make a good case.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »
To be clear I'm not waiting for someone else's case, I'm waiting for scum intent to manifest.

Bardiche

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
Lurking to snipe others is scummy intent. Declaring you're doing it doesn't excuse doing it. Hunt scum actively, don't go sitting waiting so you can snipe on someone's mistakes.

It's a good way to keep low profile and do absolutely nothing while excusing it. Get moving and scumhunting or I'll be voting.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
Go ahead and vote. I'm not "sniping", I'm just not letting myself get wrapped up in a clusterfuck of stupid ED1 because someone said the word "it" in a funny way.

You seem to assume I'm going to capitalize on someone doing something silly, not scummy. I do not plan to operate in such a manner. Further, I'm far from planning to lurk. If you read my post you'd know I plan to reply to what needs replying to. Let me add to that that I will ask questions where I feel questions need to be asked, and get a more complete picture of what motivates the other players.

If you're still dissatisfied when alls said and done, so be it. I'm not amazingly worried, to be honest.

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »
Back from school and I have no idea what's going on. :derp:

nah that's an overstatement, since it looks like we're trying to get serious so I'm glad that school got me past the lame randomvoting :B

Not sure what to think about Kilga. Lame vote reasons etc can be easily passed off as jokevoting, so I don't see any reason to vote him so far.

On the other hand, Prody's reasons are lame too but he's maintaining that his vote was serious. ??? "UK is not being serious therefore she is scum" is incredibly lame, especially in early-early Day 1, where everyone else was pretty much equally not serious.

ackpth I'm pretty much just repeating Bard's comments, that's totally lame. Voting anyway.

##Vote: Prody

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2010, 01:28:22 AM »
Just reread Prody's post, I'd like to ask something about the latter half of it.
In a standard game, the town is generally more serious on their actions unless they have some sort of super weapon or defense against scum.
What makes you so sure this isn't the case for UK? If you're going to bring up WIFOM you might as well explain why you're assuming one possibility is correct over the other, if you even have a reason for doing so beyond trying to place a vote down somewhere.

##Unvote, ##Vote Prody for now. Don't have anything else to add, unfortunately. Though him bringing up the possibility of a townie superweapon (which didn't really need to be brought up) sounds a bit like scum paranoid about roles to me, but that's just my gut so.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 01:41:01 AM »
* UncertainKitten sighs

Prody is a newb town derpass. The wagon on him is starting to weary me. I guess you can keep on him if you REALLY want to but I don't think it'll end well.

Considering it's early D1, I can't really fault you for dropping your vote where you can, and wagons are good, but I figure it's time to register my own opinion on the matter.

Huh what actually bugs me slightly with his post. I can't quite put my finger on it at this time though. I have a vague idea but need more data to corrobate it. For the time being I suspect HW more than most of the active posters...

Ah, hell, as such I should be voting him.

##Unvote, ##Vote Huh What

Going to call slight scum intent on piling on Prody and what I feel is a somewhat odd response to the second part of Prody's accusation.

To be honest, that latter is what's giving me bad vibes, but I'm not sure what precisely it is right now. I wanna say buddying but that doesn't QUITE resonate for me.

Meh, fuck it, if HW is scum he'll show more scum intent, and if he's town I'll figure it out eventually.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 01:48:24 AM »
EBWOP: I mean derpass in the kindest way possible, Prody <3!

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 02:06:48 AM »
To be honest, that latter is what's giving me bad vibes, but I'm not sure what precisely it is right now. I wanna say buddying but that doesn't QUITE resonate for me.
Not quite sure what you mean by this :x

I'm not completely sold on Prody being scum over just a derp, but honestly, I'd rather have my vote on somebody I think looks moderately suspicious. It's not like I jumped off of somebody I had a super good case on to vote him, and by placing my vote on Prody he's a bit more obligated to correctly answer me as far as I'm aware, so.

Also, curious. What about Prody makes you so sure he's a derptown rather than a derpscum at this point?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 02:12:37 AM »
Way he handled things. I'm not completely sure on that derptown read, but between the wagon and the fact that he reads like he's...trying, I guess? I'm willing to stake a claim that he's more likely town.

As for your vote, I don't necessarily agree with that, but something about how you asked him about the super weapon thing rings weird.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 02:16:10 AM »
Zakeri: I jumped around so much because I wanted to help Sakana practice making vote counts.

Unimpressed with case on Prody, his play is too easily chalked up to combination of new + ED1. Bard's case on UK is slightly better even if it's based on playstyle (or perhaps because it's based on playstyle?) but I use "better" in the same way a four-alarm fire is better than a five-alarm fire.

##Unvote: Bard
##Vote: huh what

Not a fan of the way he tried to pick at Nobu for silly things (end of RVS does not mean end of senses of humor) and then dragged Nobu into a useless argument while simultaneously criticizing Nobu for chaff. Good enough case for this stage.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 02:24:59 AM »
Bard's case on UK is slightly better even if it's based on playstyle (or perhaps because it's based on playstyle?) but I use "better" in the same way a four-alarm fire is better than a five-alarm fire.
... Wait, what?
Where did Bard have a case on UK? Actually, where did anybody other than Prody have a case on UK? (I'm not counting Nobu's vote since he said it was a joke, so.)

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 02:32:37 AM »
...oh, I totally thought Prody had been in previous mafias too, which is why I had put him in a higher standard. :ohdear: Must be because of his participation in the Idiot Challenges.

But I'll keep my vote on him at least until he responds. =/

also lol at UK voting HW when he was third on the Prody wagon

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2010, 02:39:32 AM »
HW: This. It doesn't have a vote attached but I felt it was worth discussing nonetheless.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2010, 04:08:30 AM »
VOTE COUNT

UncertainKitten ( 3 ): Chaore, Prody, Nobu, Kilgamayan
Prody ( 3 ): Bardiche, Polaris, huh what
huh what ( 3 ): NeoSerela, UncertainKitten, Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan ( 1 ): Zakeri, Bardiche
Bardiche ( 0 ): Kilgamayan
Chaore ( 0 ): huh what, Nobu
Polaris ( 0 ): Zakeri
Affinity ( 0 ): Chaore
Kefit ( 0 ): Kilgamayan

Not Voting: Choja, Kefit, Affinity

With 13 votes in play, 7 votes are required to hammer.  Approximately 25 hours are left in the day.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:35:15 AM by Serpentarius »
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2010, 04:10:47 AM »
UncertainKitten ( 3 ): Chaore, Prody, Nobu
Prody ( 3 ): Bardiche, Polaris, huh what
huh what ( 3 ): NeoSerela, UncertainKitten, Kilgamayan

Fucking YES!

We'll wanna untangle this soon but this is a really good start!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2010, 04:15:47 AM »
Hmm, gotta head to bed now. I'll be interested to see what tomorrow morning brings ^-^.

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 04:29:55 AM »
Bedtime too. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon after school :derp:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 05:26:08 AM »
Alright, looks like things have kicked into gear.

##Unvote

Of the current cases thus far, I'm leery of Prody but equally leery of the noob vibe of his actions. This might change the longer he spends lurking, but right now i'm feeling a bit more strongly about Kilga's case on huhwhat. Also, for his post where he simultaneously criticizes Chaore for increasing the length of RVS at the same time he chides Zak for taking things too seriously. For the sake of DECISIVE VOTING! I won't hold back.

##Vote: huh what

Also, we could use a few prods could't we?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 05:37:30 AM »
I have no objections against any votes against me.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy