Author Topic: Maribel Quest Latterly - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 75385 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Maribel Quest Latterly - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:25:39 AM »
You are Maribel Hearn, and the world is wrong. Or rather, you're in the wrong world!
>Having woken up in a strange room, you've discovered you are in the middle of a world called Gensokyo, and you've finally discovered another world that you've always knew existed
>You grew up in Japan, living a fairly normal life. Still, you always had a strong instinct that there was more to the world than you could see. You studied psychology in college, and met your best friend there, a woman named Renko. The two of you shared a passion for the supernatural (extranormal, Renko called it, to make it sound more legitimate). In pursuing that passion, the two of you followed your instincts and moved to small island nation called Gensokyo. From there, then memories of the past half year fuzzy. You remember running a modestly successful detective agency and numerous attempts to find supernatural activity. You remember a woman named  Utsuho being a prominent influence on your life in the last few days before you woke up here, but you can't remember a lot about it. You remember, though, that she helped you prove the supernatural exists beyond the shadow of a doubt! Too bad you can only recall vague details about it.
>You have been wandering through Gensokyo! You've learned some of the basics of flight, danmaku, and barrier magic, and you're on cloud nine! Reimu is very concerned you may easily end up a Youkai. Utsuho and Yuugi are in a doomed rivalry for Parsee's love.  You visited Komachi and got her back to work on Reimu's behalf! Byakuren has asked you to assist Murasa at the underground clinic. Byakuren has agreed to consider enhancing your natural magical abilities if you gather the necessary ingredients. Yuka has commanded you to plant flowers in repentance for trespassing.
>You stand at the northern edge of human town, with a box full of flowers.

>Asking permission to plant it there yourself may be a good idea, however, especially if there's some power behind the flower. Thanks, Ruro!
>In light of the above, token Mario reference.
>See what else is around town right now!
>If anyone's just hanging around the temple, consider accosting them to ask about the flower. Maybe offer to plant one if Byakuren would like it.
>Failing that, investigate what's changed in town and whether there's anyone to talk to at the moment.
>Be the other girl.

>That sounds like it would satisfy the conditions.
>You don't want to hurt your nose, thought.
>Looking around, you can see some activity ahead.
>You don't see anyone hanging around the temple, but you do hear the faint sound of hammering within.
>This could be a plan, if you decide not to bother the people in the temple.
>I don't think you can handle this power.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Maribel Quest Latterly - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:27:51 AM »
Damnit you people go through these threads fast

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:01:08 AM »
> Seek out Keine, she might know if this flowers are for a malicious purpose, at the very least we can plant one at the school 

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:20:09 AM »
>She's probably teaching class right now. But no harm in checking by the schoolhouse to see what's what.
>... unless Chen sees us. Hide the hat?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 01:44:03 PM »
> Consider asking Reimu about planting one at the shrine when we go back.
> Quests.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
> Seek out Keine, she might know if this flowers are for a malicious purpose, at the very least we can plant one at the school

>She's probably teaching class right now. But no harm in checking by the schoolhouse to see what's what.
>... unless Chen sees us. Hide the hat?

>You consider visiting Keine, but recall she's probably in class. You decide to check anyways, passing by Shou's Clothes and the tavern.
>Glancing at the school, you see the playground is empty. You also notice a little blonde girl staring out the window with the forlorn boredom of students in all worlds.

> Consider asking Reimu about planting one at the shrine when we go back.
> Quests.

>She might like that.
>Your Quests are:
>Renko Quest
>Given Renko has been your long-term partner in crime, if you're stuck here, chances are she is too.
>Escape from Eastern Wonderland?
>At some point, you should probably try to go home, right?
>Love is a Battlefield
>Your friend Utsuho in a bitter rivalry with Yuugi for the heart of Parsee Mizuhashi. What can be done?
>Maximum Charge Maribel Hearn
>Byakuren has offered to cast a spell to enhance your innate magic potential, if you gather the ingredients and prove yourself worthy.
>Clinic Catastophe
>Byakuren asked you to help Murasa run the clinic, and to make sure Murasa is doing her job.
>Hardflorale
>Yuka has recruited you to plant eight fire lilies around Gensokyo in places you feel are best, presumably in exchange for not breaking your face on a whim.

>_

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:38:01 PM »
>Looking around town, can we find any shop that seems like it might sell a hand spade or garden trowel or something?
>Otherwise, pop into the tavern again

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
>Looking around town, can we find any shop that seems like it might sell a hand spade or garden trowel or something?
>Otherwise, pop into the tavern again

>You recall there was a blacksmith. It is likely, you think, that she would have tools.

>_

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »
>Go check out the blacksmith

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
>You walk down the street and find the blacksmith.
>The blacksmith shop is mostly outdoors, with an anvil, a furnace, and several other pieces of equipment you can't identify set up under a large awning extending from a small building you suspect serves as the blacksmith's home. The smith herself is a darker-skinned woman with brown hair styled into a tight bun. She is currently holding something in the furnace with a set of tongs. Off to the side, you see a rack of tools, including several shovels, spades, and trowels.
>"Morning, stranger," she says, glancing over at you for a moment.

>_

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
>"Good morning. I don't suppose you have a trowel that I might be able to get a loan of for a little while? I've ended up with... a rather unpleasant problem than involves planting flowers. I'd offer to buy one, but I don't have any conventional money on me at the moment. Unless maybe you can point me in the direction of a place that buys antiques?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »
>"Good morning. I don't suppose you have a trowel that I might be able to get a loan of for a little while? I've ended up with... a rather unpleasant problem than involves planting flowers. I'd offer to buy one, but I don't have any conventional money on me at the moment. Unless maybe you can point me in the direction of a place that buys antiques?"

>"Problem and flowers?" she says, glancing over at your box, then turning her tongs a little. "Sounds like a good run-in with the flower youkai. You got my sympathy. What're you doing running around where she is, anyways?"

>_
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:22:18 PM by Purvisen Silver »

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »
>"Um, not watching where I was going well enough, I think. She wants me to plant these in various appropriate places, as some sort of penance for flying over her garden. I'm not even sure what counts as a good place for them, but I'm hoping I can find something soon."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »
>"Um, not watching where I was going well enough, I think. She wants me to plant these in various appropriate places, as some sort of penance for flying over her garden. I'm not even sure what counts as a good place for them, but I'm hoping I can find something soon."

>"Alright," says the blacksmith, not looking at you, "You can borrow one for a little bit. But in turn, keep an eye out for my good bellows, would you? I think some faeries got them them other day."

>_

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
>"Thanks a bunch. And yes, I'll definitely keep an eye out for that if I see it. I imagine you have no idea where it went, though, right?"
>Find an appropriate tool and take it

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »
>"Thanks a bunch. And yes, I'll definitely keep an eye out for that if I see it. I imagine you have no idea where it went, though, right?"
>Find an appropriate tool and take it

>"Not a one," she says.
>You find a trowel you think will do the job, and put it on the edge of the box.
>You obtain: Garden Trowel (borrowed)

>_
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:54:09 PM by Purvisen Silver »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
> "Ah, before I go, may I have your name? I'm Maribel, and I'm new in the area. Sorta explains why I'm in this situation."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 04:45:14 PM »
>"By the way, I don't suppose you do know of a place that might be interested in some antique coins, though, would you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »
> "Ah, before I go, may I have your name? I'm Maribel, and I'm new in the area. Sorta explains why I'm in this situation."

>"Huh," she says. "Ari."

>"By the way, I don't suppose you do know of a place that might be interested in some antique coins, though, would you?"

>"Maybe that place out the way of the forest," says Ari. "I hear the shopkeep likes weird things more than money."

>_

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »
>"I don't suppose you can give me directions to the place?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »
>"I don't suppose you can give me directions to the place?"

>"Don't go out that way," says Ari, turning her tongs a bit. "Follow the south road, and it'll take you to the forest, sure enough."

>_

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
>"Ok, well thanks again. I'll return this as soon as I'm done with it."
>Head out along the south road

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
>"Ok, well thanks again. I'll return this as soon as I'm done with it."
>Head out along the south road

>She nods, as you depart.
>You find the South Road rather easily. It's the same one you took to get into town to begin with. You see a crossroads up ahead, and the forest in the distance.

>_

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 05:18:14 PM »
>Continue towards the forest. Can we see anything that might be a store? If so, head towards it

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 05:47:17 PM »
>Continue towards the forest. Can we see anything that might be a store? If so, head towards it

>You pass by the crossroads and the pond, and continue toward the forest.
>As you reach the outskirts, not too far from where Mystia's stand is, you think you can glimpse a building within the forest.
>Drawing closer, you can see it is an old-looking house, with a fair amount of junk in front.

>_

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 05:53:28 PM »
>This might be hopeful
>Walk closer
>"Hello?"
>Can we see a sign or anything?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »
>This might be hopeful
>Walk closer
>"Hello?"
>Can we see a sign or anything?

>You walk closer, and see a sign by the door that reads "open".
>Calling out, you don't receive any kind of answer.

>_

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »
>Walk on in

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »
>Walk on in

>You enter the building.
>Inside, you find a large, square-shaped room filled with odds and ends on shelves and racks. Near the rear of the room is a counter. A white-haired man blue robes sits there, reading a book. He looks up as you enter, and gives you a long, appraising glance. Then he nods in your direction, "Good morning, my lady."

>_

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
>"Good morning to you, too."
>Browse the merchandise on the shelves