Author Topic: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 68341 times)

Re: Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia - Game Over!
« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2010, 07:25:50 PM »
Rou, I seriously heard every single one of your Roddy posts in Roddy's voice. I love you even more for playing as him while actually being Scottish. Which probably makes me very silly, but eh whatever. :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:53 PM »
The exchange that led to Sandor's lynching was my favorite part of the whole game. And I suddenly want to watch Higashi no Eden now too. Is Saki as cool as you make her out to be?  :ohdear:

Welp. :V

Technically you were completely wrong, because she was by definition the least traitorous of us all, what with being the Moriyavatar and all. :x
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't roleplay. When I play Mafia, I'm hunting scum, not living out my fantasies where I'm the little girl pining for her long sought-after prince. So no, Saki Marimi is not cool in any way.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
Oh! Wow, I actually Saki Marimi in a mafia game once. My faction was Inquisitor, which was like SK/Cult.

No, this isn't as broken as it sounds. I kill first, then recruit. So I'm basically an SK with benefits if my kill fails. But yeah, it was fun.

I totally didn't recognize the name til now.

Bardiche

« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
Is it ironic I jokingly refer to myself as High Inquisitor there for hounding the entiriety of town during the entire course of the game for their low activity?

SK with Cult is nothing. I once had a CopVigilante role. And I wasn't told I was a vigilante.

I should've known something was up when my targets all turned up dead. :V

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
Well Copvig is a bad role. SK cult is somewhat more powerful than SK since you get a bonus when your kill fails, making your action pretty much impossible to screw up.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2010, 08:05:18 PM »
Damn. My image of Saki has been shattered forever. ;_;

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »

So, I just noticed now apparently OS/Browser were ON on the dummy accounts. Meaning if someone were a jackass they could cross reference OS and Browser to determine who was who.

Please tell me this wasn't on during the actual game. PLEASE.

Bardiche

« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
Well Copvig is a bad role. SK cult is somewhat more powerful than SK since you get a bonus when your kill fails, making your action pretty much impossible to screw up.

Well, we did have three doctors and two bulletproofs in a 12-man game.

Damn. My image of Saki has been shattered forever. ;_;

I'm sorry. But hey, you can rest easy knowing I'm that cool. 8D

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »

So, I just noticed now apparently OS/Browser were ON on the dummy accounts. Meaning if someone were a jackass they could cross reference OS and Browser to determine who was who.

Uh, I believe the No OS/Browser mod only works clientside, so you only block yourself from seeing them. But if you look from an account that has them enabled, then you can see them.

I did have a scare early on when I went into a profile to look at posts while signed onto this account, and thought I had found out someone was K4U accidentally by seeing their email address. Until I realized all of the dummy accounts are registered under the same person. :V

I'm sorry. But hey, you can rest easy knowing I'm that cool. 8D

Works for me. :*

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #550 on: August 31, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
That seems horribly exploitable. There HAS to be a way to hide OS/Browser from everyone :S.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #551 on: August 31, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
Quote from: Nobu
Technically you were completely wrong, because she was by definition the least traitorous of us all, what with being the Moriyavatar and all. :x
Indeed!  I was more town than the rest of you!

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask this.  Suwako, why did you want me to Kill Em All anyway?

Quote from: Roukanken
Shannon, ironically, probably won thanks to RL circumstances
Hey, after Sandor flipped scum the attacks on me completely dissolved until Evangeline thought I was lying about my post restriction (and even then that attack never got much traction). >:(  I'll buy that RL curcumstances let me live through D2, but if I didn't have them I don't think I would have been in that situation in the first place as I still think the case on me was 90% terrible.  Seriously, anyone that thought they would get town cred from bussing their buddy that late is a complete moron, and majority lynches > non-majority lynches regardless of whether or not they're required.  My vote would have been completely useless on Sandor, so I put it somewhere useful in the face of the deadline.

I think this statement is unfair.

Quote from: Suwako
so IP went out to you, Serela and K4U
<3  Thanks Pesco.  I always get sad when my blue name goes away. :P

Quote from: Nobu
I did have a scare early on when I went into a profile to look at posts while signed onto this account, and thought I had found out someone was K4U accidentally by seeing their email address. Until I realized all of the dummy accounts are registered under the same person.
Yeah, I made all the dummy accounts and I was far too lazy to come up with interesting names for all of them.  So, all the e-mails are kitten4u#@name.com. :V

Also, Nobu, Mr Bob, you both played pretty well.  You should totally play again. <3  I'm still surprised that a scum buss driver was not only willing to switch his buddies with townies, but did so every night he was alive. :S  This still confuses me greatly.

Warning - while you were typing 7 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
>__>
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #552 on: August 31, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »

Please tell me this wasn't on during the actual game. PLEASE.
I accidentally figured out who Demonbman was because of this but he never posted so idc.

« Reply #553 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »
You all make me want to play again and then I remember how I kind of imploded the one time I did try to play. :V (I still swear to god it wasn't because I was scum under pressure at the time, though I do think that accelerated my meltdown. That was a different game though so I shouldn't derail things. =P)

Bardiche

« Reply #554 on: August 31, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »
The most freaky scum gambit I've ever seen was a scum godfather going on the kill every night.

And he killed scum. Every night.

He lead town wedging out the scummy people, but never scum. During LYLO he claimed Vigilante, always hitting the scum who went out for the kill.

Of course, he was lynched because of how ridiculous that claim was.

Bus driver bus driving his own scum buddies makes some sense? It assumes his scum buddies must be bussed with someone who acts less scummy than they do. Someone scanning Sailor Moon would get my results, and might mistake me for scum? Maybe they never knew people were appropriately informed of their role target.

Juri, hour of reckoning. Sign up to the next game!

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Bardiche
Bus driver bus driving his own scum buddies makes some sense? It assumes his scum buddies must be bussed with someone who acts less scummy than they do. Someone scanning Sailor Moon would get my results, and might mistake me for scum? Maybe they never knew people were appropriately informed of their role target.
I'd buy that if the people weren't TOLD that they were bus driven and who their new target was.  That really seems like something you would ask about before doing something like that. :S
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Bardiche

« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2010, 08:37:24 PM »
I'd buy that if the people weren't TOLD that they were bus driven and who their new target was.  That really seems like something you would ask about before doing something like that. :S

Or you just assume. I assumed rolecop was just rolename. I got the entire works.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »
Or you just assume. I assumed rolecop was just rolename. I got the entire works.
I guess.  Maybe I'm just overly anal/paranoid. :V
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Bardiche

« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »
I guess.  Maybe I'm just overly anal/paranoid. :V

I was going to respond to this in a way I probably shouldn't. :ohdear:

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2010, 09:23:04 PM »
Whew, what a game.  Checking in for just a moment before I have to go, but yes, Bard's gambit was hella stylish, and I can't believe Neo survived as long as he did.  Just skimming now, but I saw Bard's role and laughed out loud.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »
and I can't believe Neo survived as long as he did.
do you mean that as in "why didn't they lynch you" or "oh serela sucked less then I thought he would"  :derp:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #561 on: August 31, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »
< oh man derpiest player ever :3c

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #562 on: August 31, 2010, 10:45:10 PM »
< oh man derpiest player ever :3c
Actually, see:Zent in MotK Mafioso Mafia

oh and wrathie too from what I've heard
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #563 on: August 31, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »
Oh God wrathie. God No.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #564 on: August 31, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Actually, see:Zent in MotK Mafioso Mafia

This.

Zent is half the reason I've been absent from the last <integer> number of games. The other half is I suck.

« Reply #565 on: August 31, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »
This.

Zent is half the reason I've been absent from the last <integer> number of games. The other half is I suck.
But... Zent hasn't played at all since that game? :x

« Reply #566 on: September 01, 2010, 03:55:56 AM »
Urg, congrats to Town.  Bard in particular.  That was a good game you ran, and I'm surprised scum let you live as long as they did.  Sorry I wasn't able to help you guys much, but apparently my instincts were way off on this one.

Also, I'd like to give props to the Mod.  Never before have I been given a role where self-voting was actually a good thing to do.

« Reply #567 on: September 01, 2010, 08:14:16 AM »
Hmmm. I'm not sure I want to sign-up again so soon. But I would definately volunteer to replace if need be.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #568 on: September 01, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »
@K4U: Well, I did that before during the Western Touhou Community game, so I thought it was quite alright to regard your D1 lynch as a nulltell.  Besides, most of your scumhunting seemed rather pretend anyway, at least on D2; though bofh did play wonderfully.  I would say Shkannon survived more on coincidence than real life conditions; there always happened to be some kind of distraction which pulled bandwagons away from you.

And uhh as for worst player... wrathie tried his best, but gah.  Nuclear Fusion was in my mind less fun to play with than him, however.  It seems that you tried your best Steven, so that's really quite enough, I suppose.

For a role madness game, everything was awesome.  Very nice.

« Reply #569 on: September 01, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »
Ignore the fact that I was probably going to follow Steven D2 because JESUS Zakeri is good at acting like scum

I don't even have an internet connection. Am I really this scummy all the time?
Too be fair on Rou, this is in fact quite literally the first mafia game on site I've had no part in.

I seriously doubt I'd have been able to follow this game even if I had ample amounts of time to do so.