Author Topic: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 44735 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
> If we are still on the line tell Orin "Knock Knock."
> Are we in the back-yard or the front? Either way, give a knock on the door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »
> If we are still on the line tell Orin "Knock Knock."
> Are we in the back-yard or the front? Either way, give a knock on the door.

>You hung up. No need to waste the battery.
>You knock, having landed in the back. After a moment, the door opens, and Yamame peers out. "Wow, you look like shit, buddy," says Yamame. "Lemme go get the first aid kit."

>Go on inside

>You head inside. Orin peeks in from the den and frowns. "You okay?"

>_

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »
>"No, probably not. But Kanako and Suwako are worse, at least. I'll be ok. I didn't know I had it in me to beat two gods at once. And I... don't think I've ever been so worried about losing, before, either. I don't want them to just take my memories away again. And they'd make sure I never found them again, this time."

>"Anyway, Orin. I think I can restore your memories and power, now. I assume you want this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 12:02:52 AM »
>"No, probably not. But Kanako and Suwako are worse, at least. I'll be ok. I didn't know I had it in me to beat two gods at once. And I... don't think I've ever been so worried about losing, before, either. I don't want them to just take my memories away again. And they'd make sure I never found them again, this time."

>"Anyway, Orin. I think I can restore your memories and power, now. I assume you want this?"

>Orin nods, wearing a grimace. "Must have been some row."
>Yamame comes in, carrying a dusty first aid kit, and looks you over. "Oh, hey, just a buncha bruises! Lucky you! Want some tylenol?"
>"Please, yes," says Orin.

>_

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »
>"You should have seen it. The police are all over the place, now. I wonder what they think happened? I left Kanako and Suwako passed out on a roof. ...I wonder if someone found them? Well, no time to worry about that now."

>Do we think the tylenol would help? Does that even work on youkai (although we probably don't know the answer to that)

>"Ok, I'll try."
>Call Keine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 12:14:58 AM »
>"You should have seen it. The police are all over the place, now. I wonder what they think happened? I left Kanako and Suwako passed out on a roof. ...I wonder if someone found them? Well, no time to worry about that now."

>Do we think the tylenol would help? Does that even work on youkai (although we probably don't know the answer to that)

>"Ok, I'll try."
>Call Keine

>"That sounds like quite a thing," says Orin.
>"Next time do it over here, so we can watch," says Yamame.
>As far as you know, your system isn't radically different than that of humans. You know there's some medicines that aren't good for one or the other, but it would take a trained doctor to know what. But, you're pretty sure everyone uses willow bark for pain, so painkillers should be okay.
>You call Keine. It takes a few rings for her to pick up. "What do you need, Okuu? I'm trying to figure out how to break into Scarlet Manor right now. They have the security on alert right now."

>_

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:51 AM »
>"They do? Did you just try calling her? Or, for that matter, awaken her and THEN call her? You said it would be good for there to be someone there with her when she does, but if you can't get in, couldn't you explain it over the phone afterwards?"

>"Although, that aside, I'm with Orin, now, on my way to Satori's. Would you be able to awaken her? She says she's ready."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 12:26:09 AM »
>"They do? Did you just try calling her? Or, for that matter, awaken her and THEN call her? You said it would be good for there to be someone there with her when she does, but if you can't get in, couldn't you explain it over the phone afterwards?"

>"Although, that aside, I'm with Orin, now, on my way to Satori's. Would you be able to awaken her? She says she's ready."

>"I'd rather be there personally, and ready her for it," says Keine. "It's...not pleasant to have it hit out of the blue. And, well, I'm not confident in my ability to convince her over the phone."
>"I can. Just a moment."
>Orin cries out, and doubles over. Her body seems to blur a bit, like there was some sort of static over it. It stops after a moment, and you immediately note she has her ears and tail again.
>"Holy shit!" says Yamame. "You gotta warn us before you do that, buddy!"
>"That felt like being in a traffic accident..." mutters Orin.

>_

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 12:29:31 AM »
(Bahaha @ traffic accident)

>"Hey, sis. Welcome back! How do you feel?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 12:33:12 AM »
>Hug her.
>Consider the (im?)possibility of combining both worlds.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 12:38:49 AM »
> "Traffic Accident? That is just bad sis." Laugh a bit, and hug her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »
>"Hey, sis. Welcome back! How do you feel?"

>"My head hurts..." she says, as she crawls onto the couch.
>"My best friend's a nuclear magical girl with a cat girl for a sister," says Yamame. "What the hell happened today?"

>Hug her.
>Consider the (im?)possibility of combining both worlds.
> "Traffic Accident? That is just bad sis." Laugh a bit, and hug her.

>You hug Orin. She returns the gesture. "It's really weird," she says. "Trying to put them both together."
>You consider this, and remember Shizuha's warning. Still, you're trying to get at least some of the good aspects of both. Though that historical uncertainty Keine mentioned might be an issue...

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »
> "Just to make sure, I take it you remember everything now?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 12:43:57 AM »
>"A whole hell of a lot of things happened today, Yamame. I could do the same thing for you, but we don't know where your spider spirit is. And we don't have a lot of time right now."

>"And yeah, I know what you mean about making sense of having lived two lives. I like to think I'm the better for it, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 12:51:07 AM »
> "Just to make sure, I take it you remember everything now?"

>"Yeah, I think so. I remember the city, and the whole incident, and everything. Well...not perfectly, but, normal remembering."

>"A whole hell of a lot of things happened today, Yamame. I could do the same thing for you, but we don't know where your spider spirit is. And we don't have a lot of time right now."
>"And yeah, I know what you mean about making sense of having lived two lives. I like to think I'm the better for it, though."

>Yamame nods. "That's why you gotta clue me in earlier, buddy!"
>Orin sits up. "So, what now?"

>_

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »
> "Keine is dealing with getting Sakuya's memory restored right now."
> "Meanwhile, we need to get Satori and Nitori safe before something bad happens to them."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »
> "Ok, we got the Subterranean Sun and Hell's Traffic Accident back up and running! Glad to have you back Sis, Orin. Sis, honestly, I actually have one issue with putting everything back to normal, Mom, Satori. Kanako and Sanae both said that doing this would also make some people, like Satori, suffer. I don't want to force that on her, I want to know what she would want and what she thinks about all this. The only way I can actually do this, is to re-awaken her. You know the cat that followed you and the crow for me, those were our Youkai selves, here is the kicker, Satori's is within a freaking picture at the museum."

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:28 AM »
>"Sorry, Yamame. This has just been too crazy to keep everyone in the loop. Actually, some people are in a bad state at the moment precisely because they were IN the loop. But all that should be fixed, too."

>"Well, I want to wake up Satori. Everyone that I've fought with today has accused me of being selfish when I wanted to change the world back. They said that I'm ignoring the people who can finally be happy here. Koishi said that Satori was one of the main reasons she did this. She.... called me a traitor, Orin... So I want to know. I want to know what Satori really thinks. I don't want to be a hypocrite."

>"Satori's youkai spirit is in a painting in the art musuem. We need to get it to her, somehow, but I'm not sure how. Apparently the whole place is under security lockdown, and I'm not sure how to get around that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
> "Keine is dealing with getting Sakuya's memory restored right now."
> "Meanwhile, we need to get Satori and Nitori safe before something bad happens to them."

>You mean Patchouli, of course, but it's not like she could tell them apart anyways.
>"What do you think is gonna happen to Satori?" asks Orin.

> "Ok, we got the Subterranean Sun and Hell's Traffic Accident back up and running! Glad to have you back Sis, Orin. Sis, honestly, I actually have one issue with putting back to normal, Mom, Satori. Kanako and Sanae both said that doing this would also make some people, like Satori, suffer. I don't want to force that on her, I want to know what she would want and what she thinks about all this. The only way I can actually do this, is to re-awaken her. You know the cat that followed you and the crow for me, those were our Youkai selves, here is the kicker, Satori's is within a freaking picture at the museum."

>"Sorry, Yamame. This has just been too crazy to keep everyone in the loop. Actually, some people are in a bad state at the moment precisely because they were IN the loop. But all that should be fixed, too."

>"Well, I want to wake up Satori. Everyone that I've fought with today has accused me of being selfish when I wanted to change the world back. They said that I'm ignoring the people who can finally be happy here. Koishi said that Satori was one of the main reasons she did this. She.... called me a traitor, Orin... So I want to know. I want to know what Satori really thinks. I don't want to be a hypocrite."

>"Satori's youkai spirit is in a painting in the art musuem. We need to get it to her, somehow, but I'm not sure how. Apparently the whole place is under security lockdown, and I'm not sure how to get around that."

>"Gotcha, buddy," says Yamame. Which, you have learned, is Yamame for, "I have no idea what you just said, so I am going to agree and hope it goes away."
>"Oh," says Orin. "I guess that's next? Anything I can do? Maybe I could help get in there?"

>_

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 01:10:36 AM »
>"Hmmm.... even if you could slip in there as a cat, do you think you could slip the painting out?"
>"Or... maybe you could just slip into Patchouli's? Tell her what's up? Do you even know her, by the way?"

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 01:14:18 AM »
>You mean Patchouli, of course, but it's not like she could tell them apart anyways.

> derpUnyu.
> "You can still blend into society without being noticed, right? Maybe you can get Satori over here for starters?
> "Meanwhile, I could go over and help Nitori; she's in a tougher situation with the whole foundation on her ass business."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
>"Hmmm.... even if you could slip in there as a cat, do you think you could slip the painting out?"
>"Or... maybe you could just slip into Patchouli's? Tell her what's up? Do you even know her, by the way?"
> derpUnyu.
> "You can still blend into society without being noticed, right? Maybe you can get Satori over here for starters?
> "Meanwhile, I could go over and help Nitori; she's in a tougher situation with the whole foundation on her ass business."

>"Bet I could," says Orin. "I could do both of those things! I kinda know Patchouli, but not as well as you do. Still, I should-Gyah!"
>She turns and glares at Yamame, who is presently holding one of her tails. "Don't do that!"
>"Sorry, buddy," says Yamame. "But it's a once in a lifetime chance, you know?"
>"...Then let it go."
>"Oh, right."

>_

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »
>"Well, then maybe you can head over that way and see if you can help Keine out, then, while I go get Satori."
>Is Keine still on the phone? If so, mention this plan.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 01:21:07 AM »
>"Well, then maybe you can head over that way and see if you can help Keine out, then, while I go get Satori."
>Is Keine still on the phone? If so, mention this plan.

>"I'll do that right now," says Orin, heading for the door. "Good luck with mom."
>You check the phone. It seems Keine hung up.

>_

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 01:24:03 AM »
>"Thanks. Good luck to you, too!"
>"Sorry to leave you on your lonesome, Yamame, but I need to be going, too. Thanks for not freaking out too much over all this, buddy."
>Head out, and call Keine again

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
>"Thanks. Good luck to you, too!"
>"Sorry to leave you on your lonesome, Yamame, but I need to be going, too. Thanks for not freaking out too much over all this, buddy."
>Head out, and call Keine again

>"Hey, don't worry about it. There's cops out there. And at least have something to drink, buddy!" says Yamame, as she hands you a can of some random energy drink. "Since you've been up all night and stuff."
>You depart and try to call Keine. She doesn't pick up.

>_

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 01:29:24 AM »
>Hope that Keine is just occupied, and not in actual trouble
>Continue towards home, keeping an eye out for any police that may be nearby. Or even possible unmarked police cars near the house

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 01:30:23 AM »
> Once Parsee remembers her relationship with Yuugi, stuff is gonna get weird.
> Hope that shit doesn't hit the fan relationship wise.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 01:33:55 AM »
> Once Parsee remembers her relationship with Yuugi, stuff is gonna get weird.
> Hope that shit doesn't hit the fan relationship wise.

>Yeah, there's pretty much no way this isn't going to get bad... Damn it, why did she have to be so supportive? And cute...

>Hope that Keine is just occupied, and not in actual trouble
>Continue towards home, keeping an eye out for any police that may be nearby. Or even possible unmarked police cars near the house

>You hope Keine isn't in trouble, and head home.
>The streets are clear. You don't think you notice any unmarked cars around.

>_

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 01:35:26 AM »
>If we think the coast is clear, land at her door and go inside. Knock if it's locked.
>Keep aware for any unusual movements or noises near us