Author Topic: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 44737 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: July 28, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »

>You are Reiuji Utsuho, and the world is wrong. Now you're going to fix it.
>You are a resident of Gensokyo Isle, an isolated nation located in the Pacific Ocean, established some decades ago in the wake of WWII by the Japanese and American Governments. You live in a small, run down double with your roommate Orin. Your adoptive mother and landlady Satori lives in the other half of the house. You are twenty-one years old, or so you thought, and work as a repair woman for Kawashiro Heating and Air. You know this now to be a life you lived outside of your true self.
>You are also The Subterranean Sun, the heir to Yatagarasu's power. You are feared by many, and among the most power people to walk the face of Gensokyo. You lived in the Palace of the Earth Spirits with your own, Satori, and your fellow pet (practically a sister) Orin. You watched over the Hell of Blazing Fires.
>You think of yourself as a generally well-meaning person. You have a somewhat poor memory, and keep a notepad with you at all times to assist with that. As such, your grades in school were mediocre, and were never able to pursue your dream of becoming a nuclear technician with Gensokyo Research Foundation. In your proper life, you had a tendency to go rather loopy when you took a blow to the head; resulting in a very embarrassing battle with Sanae. However, you've proven to have an aptitude with mechanical things, and have found yourself a comfortable niche repairing heating and air conditioning systems in this life; before you were a friend of Nitori's, but never learned much from her or the other Kappa. You have an inordinate fondness for crows, being a crow youkai this even carried over into your human life and some of the neighbors have complained about your tendency to feed them. You enjoy video games, good music, good food and good times; like practically any normal person your age. You and Orin have managed to secure a comfortable living together, if somewhat spartan. In your proper life, you lived in the somewhat empty Palace of the Earth Spirits.
>You awoke yesterday morning with a profound sense of alienation, and the conviction that everything you know is wrong. It frightened you like nothing you've ever experienced. For nearly an hour, you laid in bed, almost to tears from the absolute terror that you were losing your mind. But, you can't deny it. The world is wrong. What you know is wrong. You do not know how or know why, but you know it is wrong. And, you know that if you told this to anyone, they would think you are mad. Even the few you have shared it with have proven to be very skeptical. It has left you feeling like you are apart of the world, like you're some stranger who woke up on another planet. But, you have resolved not to take it laying down. You have vowed to find out how the world is wrong, and prove you are not going mad. Then you learned the truth. about yourself.
>You have spent the past three days traveling around the island, looking into things. Your memory is terrible and you really should write things down more often. You have discovered a robbery at the harbor, but have no leads on it. You have visited the shrines of the island seeking help, getting different kinds of advice from each; the Myouren Shrine suggesting you look within and look without to compare to what is within, the Moriya Shrine telling you to try to put it out of your mind, and the Forest Shrine telling you to follow your heart. You have befriended Maribel and Renko, paranormal investigators and detectives. You've made friends with a kindly gardener named Yukari. You've investigated rumors of a haunting at the Museum, inconclusively. You have helped your neighbor, Miss Heida, save her house from being accidentally condemned. You've tried to make arrangements for new sources of information from a pawnshop. You've made progress toward being accepted into the University and following your hitherto abandoned dream of becoming a nuclear physicist; you just need to prepare for the exam. You have had a role in getting your adopted sister possessed by a ghost, and having an awakening similar to yours. You have been unusually hungry the past couple days. You've managed to tour the Research Facility and learn of its hidden sections. You have begun a relationship with Parsee Mizuhashi, a conspiracy theorist you met in hopes of getting more information. You've explored the wilder parts of the island, and found it is full of flowers and home to something otherworldly called Stargazer. You have been possessed, in some sense, by the Stargazer as well as some spectral crow; the latter of which has fused with you. You have made friends with Stargazer, but lost contact recently. You have broken into the Research Institute, and found your Fusion Gear labeled as SCP-969. You have awakened, and learned Sanae is part of what happened to the World. You have defeated Sanae, Kanako, and Suwako, and are now taking steps to fix the world once and for all.
>You are presently making plans with Keine, whom you have just awakened.

>"I've already visited Reimu. Parsee, and the other person who helped me out in the institute are taking shelter there for the moment. And I promised Nitori I'd pick her up to protect her from the Foundation people."
>"I'm actually kind of worried about Orin, too. I was with her only a short time ago, and then she didn't answer her cell phone, after the fight with Kanako and Suwako."

>Keine nods.

> "One thing is bugging me though. Sanae and Kanako both told me over and over various things basicly saying that I am in the wrong and am being selfish. When I think about it... I wonder if putting everything back to how it was would make Satori suffer... I don't want to make her suffer, and yet she would likely tell me to "do what I think is right." But even knowing that, I'm hesitant about it all. I'm guessing at what she would say, but I have no idea if she would rather live this life over her life in the real Gensokyo."

>"I am afraid I don't know Satori well enough to answer that for you," says Keine. "But, given she didn't choose the course her sister did, perhaps that says something? Either she didn't wish to, or could not bear to."

>_

Re: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
>"Yes, I know. Still, after all this, I think I'd like to hear it from her own mouth. I think I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't at least try."

>"So, will you need to be with someone in person to awaken them, or can you do it from a distance?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
>"Yes, I know. Still, after all this, I think I'd like to hear it from her own mouth. I think I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't at least try."

>"So, will you need to be with someone in person to awaken them, or can you do it from a distance?"

>"I don't need to be with them," says Keine, "But it is best that someone is with them."
>She considers for a moment. "If needs be, I can go to her for you."

>_

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
>"Patchouli, you mean?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
>"Patchouli, you mean?"

>"Yes," Keine answers. "I should be able to find her."

>_

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
>"Ok, maybe you can go wake her up, and get that painting. I'll try to reach Satori."
>"Do you have a cell phone so that we can keep in touch if anything happens?"
>Give her Yamame's cell phone number

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »
>"Ok, maybe you can go wake her up, and get that painting. I'll try to reach Satori."
>"Do you have a cell phone so that we can keep in touch if anything happens?"
>Give her Yamame's cell phone number

>She nods, and records your phone number, then gives you her own.
>"Is that what you want me to do, then?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:24:24 PM »
> "It sounds like a good plan to me, does it sound good to you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
> "It sounds like a good plan to me, does it sound good to you?"

>"Well, to be honest, not really," says Keine. "I think it would be best to keep the awakenings and travel to a minimum. But, this is clearly important to you, so sacrifices can be made."

>_

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
>"Yeah, I understand the need for speed and keeping a low profile and all. But yes, this is one of the couple things I really think needs to be done, if I'm not going to be doubting myself forever about how this played out."
>"I'll get in touch with Satori, and you go deal with Patchouli. Keep me updated, and if you look like you're about to get into a confrontation with anyone, let me know immediately. I may not have much left in me, but I'll do what I can, ok?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »
>"Yeah, I understand the need for speed and keeping a low profile and all. But yes, this is one of the couple things I really think needs to be done, if I'm not going to be doubting myself forever about how this played out."
>"I'll get in touch with Satori, and you go deal with Patchouli. Keep me updated, and if you look like you're about to get into a confrontation with anyone, let me know immediately. I may not have much left in me, but I'll do what I can, ok?"

>"I will do just that," says Keine.
>She starts for the balcony. "Feel free to rest here if you want," she says, looking back over her shoulder. "I'll leave the balcony door unlocked, too"

>_

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
>"Thanks. But I don't have time to rest either. I need to go fetch Satori."
>Head to the balcony.
>"Good luck to you. To both of us."
>Fly off towards your home, and give Satori a phone call on the way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
>"Thanks. But I don't have time to rest either. I need to go fetch Satori."
>Head to the balcony.
>"Good luck to you. To both of us."
>Fly off towards your home, and give Satori a phone call on the way.

>Keine nods, and flies off, toward downtown.
>Your course slowly diverges from hers as you head toward The Skids once again.
>You call Satori, and the phone rings a couple times before it's answered by a small, weak-sounding "Hello?"

>_

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
>"Satori? It's me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
>"Satori? It's me."

>"Okuu," she says in a quavering voice, "What is going on? There's the news, and the police were here..."

>_

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »
>"They're not still there, are they?"
>"Look, I can only imagine how worried you must be. I'm still ok, for the time-being. And the story on the news is only half-true. You know I'm not a criminal like that. There's a lot of stuff going on, and I need to see you in person. Do you think they're watching the house?"

>Are we in any shape to carry Satori for any distance?
>Or does she actually have a car, or something?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
>"They're not still there, are they?"
>"Look, I can only imagine how worried you must be. I'm still ok, for the time-being. And the story on the news is only half-true. You know I'm not a criminal like that. There's a lot of stuff going on, and I need to see you in person. Do you think they're watching the house?"

>Are we in any shape to carry Satori for any distance?
>Or does she actually have a car, or something?

>"N-no," she says. "But you need to find them and turn yourself in before the Americans get you! They'll send you to one of those secret terrorist prisons if they find you!"
>"So," says Satori, sounding suddenly hopeful, "you are innocent, Okuu? You didn't do it? And, I don't think they're watching the house... I told them you had been living with your new girlfriend for the past few days. "
>Satori is fairly tiny. You might be able to carry her a ways.
>No, she uses the bus like you did.

>_

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »
>"Just hang tight. I'll be there soon, and I'll do my best to explain everything."
>"Oh, and have you heard from Orin in the last little while?"

>How close are we to home, now?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 10:33:29 PM »
>"Just hang tight. I'll be there soon, and I'll do my best to explain everything."
>"Oh, and have you heard from Orin in the last little while?"

>How close are we to home, now?

>"I'll try my best, Okuu, but...listen to me, you must turn yourself in. They've promised me they won't extradite you.
>"Orin went to Yamame's house; she said she was going to warn her."
>You've got a few minutes yet.

>_

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »
>"Hmmm... ok. Well, I'll be there soon. I'll get everything straightened out, don't worry."
>Say goodbye and try calling Orin again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
>"Hmmm... ok. Well, I'll be there soon. I'll get everything straightened out, don't worry."
>Say goodbye and try calling Orin again.

>"A-alright," she says. "I believe in you."
>You try to call Orin again. She picks up after two rings. "Okuu," she says, "Was that you before? Sorry, the police were here, and I was kinda trying not to tip them off."

>_

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »
>"Oh, thank god. I thought something had happened to you. Thanks for thinking of that, too."
>"A lot's happened since we talked last. Both of the Moriya gods fought me to try and keep me from changing things back, but I managed to defeat them, barely. I'm not sure how long they'll be out, though, and I'm not in any shape for a second round if they recover faster than I do, so I'm trying to move quickly."
>"I took the object that they used to change the world, and found someone who can use it to fix things, but there's some people I need to talk to about that, first."

>Yamame's is close to our house, right? Would it be possible to swing by there on the way?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »
>"Oh, thank god. I thought something had happened to you. Thanks for thinking of that, too."
>"A lot's happened since we talked last. Both of the Moriya gods fought me to try and keep me from changing things back, but I managed to defeat them, barely. I'm not sure how long they'll be out, though, and I'm not in any shape for a second round if they recover faster than I do, so I'm trying to move quickly."
>"I took the object that they used to change the world, and found someone who can use it to fix things, but there's some people I need to talk to about that, first."

>Yamame's is close to our house, right? Would it be possible to swing by there on the way?

>"That sounds like a lot," she says. "So, this means you can fix things, right?"
>It should be pretty simple to stop by on the way if you need to, it's only a couple blocks from home.

>_

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »
>"Yes. It means we can fix all of this. But... some of the things Kanako and Suwako said bother me. They said that I was being selfish. That I only wanted to change the world for myself, and that I'd be making other people suffer for my sake. And... I want to talk to some of the people who they say I'd be harming by setting things back. I don't think they're right, but I want to hear it from their own mouth, or I may always worry that I screwed up in a major way, tonight."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »
(Gone for Otakon weekend. Draco, remember what I told you about why we're sure Satori would have declined this were it offered to her. Other people, if we get into that argument again, especially with Koishi, let Draco handle it.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »
>"Yes. It means we can fix all of this. But... some of the things Kanako and Suwako said bother me. They said that I was being selfish. That I only wanted to change the world for myself, and that I'd be making other people suffer for my sake. And... I want to talk to some of the people who they say I'd be harming by setting things back. I don't think they're right, but I want to hear it from their own mouth, or I may always worry that I screwed up in a major way, tonight."

>"Well, at least now we can fix things. Is there anything I can do to help? I'm kind of antsy right now."

>_

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »
>"Just hang tight. I might be by your place shortly."
>Head towards Yamame's

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »
> "I'm glad your ok sis. I was actually scared when you didn't pick up before. Stay safe."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:39:37 PM »
> "I'm glad your ok sis. I was actually scared when you didn't pick up before. Stay safe."

>"Sorry to scare you, and yeah, I'm glad you're okay too. Or at least okay enough. Oh, Yamame says hi."

>"Just hang tight. I might be by your place shortly."
>Head towards Yamame's

>"Alright," says Orin, "We're not going anywhere."
>You continue toward the Skids.
>Thankfully, with much of the attention on Uptown, the Skids aren't quite so full of police as last time. There's still a couple cruisers, but not quite so bad as before. You reach Yamame's house without any issues.

>_

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
>Go on inside