Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146060 times)

Formless God

Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #840 on: August 08, 2011, 06:28:18 AM »
Now playing
- DS1, because I crave some DS-style gameplay, and I can't read DS2's text.
- Devil Summoner (PSP). One word:
Spoiler:
Thorman
- P3P, almost finished. Maniac is ass, Adamah + plain Mabufudyne = 600 damage on my Lv.70 main.

... I'm such an SMTfag.

aaaaaaahhhh do want do want do want
tits

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #841 on: August 08, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
Playing some Counter-Strike Online - glad that I got it working again =3=
game never gets old

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #842 on: August 08, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »
Junpei's the only one doing attacks, my bow is horrible crap, Yukari's bow is horrible crap, I know Candeza, Yukari never shoots enemies because one of us is always dying, and her Tired ailment will never never ever ever seem to go away.
I'd have a lot easier time if enemy attacks didn't do a little over half my life in damage.
I'm trying again later today. Wish me luck.
Uh... You do realize Tired only expires once you leave Tatarus? If she's in that state, it's usually a better idea to just give her the rest and pick it up again tomorrow Dark Hour.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #843 on: August 08, 2011, 03:47:22 PM »
Uh... You do realize Tired only expires once you leave Tatarus? If she's in that state, it's usually a better idea to just give her the rest and pick it up again tomorrow Dark Hour.

She's tired, we leave, we return, she's sick. Go me!
I actually beat it, and when I moved to save state because my parents were yelling at me to clean, the emulator closed itself.

And no one give me stink about using one, either. I don't have a PS2 anymore (it was launch date), but I bought a physical copy of the game.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #844 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »
Chrono Trigger, it's been awhile since I last played it and I got a hankerin' to play it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #845 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »
She's tired, we leave, we return, she's sick. Go me!
I actually beat it, and when I moved to save state because my parents were yelling at me to clean, the emulator closed itself.

And no one give me stink about using one, either. I don't have a PS2 anymore (it was launch date), but I bought a physical copy of the game.
Do they have Yawn-B-Gones in FES?  If so, I suggest stocking up on a couple.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #846 on: August 08, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »
Halo 3: ODST Legendary difficulty completed

One of the achievements glitched on me though(Super Sleuth), so I get to play through most of it again. I'll finish the audio logs and certiain level kill achievements before I start a run to get Super Sleuth on Normal. Now to find a guide of where the hidden logs are at.

labeth

• Oh my god, it's full of carbs
« Reply #847 on: August 08, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »
I just started Catherine yesterday, and man, I knew I was getting into an Atlus game, but geez. Brutal.

danesp101

« Reply #848 on: August 09, 2011, 01:54:28 AM »
When I don't play touhou I play Pokemon Black version because my pokedex is now incomplete and that is wrong.For me at least.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #849 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
Finished getting all of the endings to Catherine.  Yay!

Now all that's left is completing Hard (with all golds), beating Rapunzel, and then beating the Babel stages.

You know, the actually challenging parts.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #850 on: August 10, 2011, 01:48:49 AM »
Finished getting all of the endings to Catherine.  Yay!

Now all that's left is completing Hard (with all golds), beating Rapunzel, and then beating the Babel stages.

You know, the actually challenging parts.

You know, I was wondering.
The game does get harder, right?
I got the demo, and it was such a breeze

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #851 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:28 AM »
Many people who think Catherine is easy because they're played the demo are usually in for a nasty surprise when they get the full game and find that normal is too hard for them.

I hear that the difference between easy and normal is a lot... =/

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #852 on: August 10, 2011, 03:46:18 AM »
An ATLUS game? Easy? Bahahahaha

I gave in to peer pressure and finally cracked open that copy of Sakura Wars that came in the mail a few weeks ago. Also fiddling with postgame stuff in Saint's Row 2; I finally figured out the helicopter controls...

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #853 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:11 AM »
Finished Valkyria Chronicles II again.  Great game.  I might screw around in postgame for a bit, but it's time for my next returning project, which is my fourth or fifth run of TWEWY.  God I love this game.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #854 on: August 10, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »
The demo only has stage 1 and stage 2-3 on Easy.  That's it.

That's like babies mode.  I think Easy difficulty ends about as hard as Normal begins... and Normal ends about as hard as Hard begins @_@

And then there's the Babel challenges - they're randomly generated, and the only way to get through them is pure skill and technique.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #855 on: August 11, 2011, 11:15:44 AM »
I HATE Pong. HATE HATE HATE. It's the one damn thing preventing me from clearing Growth or perfecting Epiphany. Gaaah got beat 15-14 on the final boss damn it damn it damn it
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
game never gets old
Indeed.

Playing some Dai-Ou-Jou. And trying not to use Exy for once.

« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
Started up American McGee's Alice since I wanted to play through that before starting Madness Returns.

Also started Catherine on Normal.

Both games are kind of frustrating at times.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #858 on: August 13, 2011, 04:41:55 AM »
Madness Returns.
I beat Alice on Nightmare difficulty here already! It's a good game, but it's not very long, and the replay value isn't that good, but still an enjoyable game~

Also, TEN DESIRES

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
Disgaea 3, finally.

It's pretty much what I was expecting. Been a while since I've stuck with English voice acting when given the choice, but the VAs are so good. Although I keep getting Marta flashbacks whenever Raspberyl talks.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
Decided to give Oblivion a go.  I went with a Nord.  I spent the entire first level hitting thing with a sword.  They said I was a Knight class and then took my sword, what an ass.

« Reply #861 on: August 15, 2011, 01:31:58 AM »
I beat Alice on Nightmare difficulty here already! It's a good game, but it's not very long, and the replay value isn't that good, but still an enjoyable game~

Also, TEN DESIRES

Is Nightmare on Madness Returns harder or easier than the first game on Nightmare? More or less annoying?

I picked Nightmare for the first game, and it seemed like a total mistake at some parts, and I was pretty much spamming save/reload on it. Definitely hoping it'll be more enjoyable on the second game, not sure whether to take it right away or to power up and take it on a second run.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #862 on: August 15, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »
So P3 is going pretty well
You know, except for the fact that Priestess is killing me.

It's not too late to start over on Normal difficulty, though :ohdear:

I've come to hate those things that heal her
They undid the last 3 minutes of progress on her healthbar and 30 seconds to train crash a Mabufu took out 70 damage on everybody, who had... about 60 HP each.

:fail:

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #863 on: August 15, 2011, 06:39:55 PM »
Is Nightmare on Madness Returns harder or easier than the first game on Nightmare? More or less annoying?

I picked Nightmare for the first game, and it seemed like a total mistake at some parts, and I was pretty much spamming save/reload on it. Definitely hoping it'll be more enjoyable on the second game, not sure whether to take it right away or to power up and take it on a second run.
I haven't played the first game much (tried it and it didn't do anything for me), but Madness Returns is fairly easy even on Nightmare. It gets less challenging the further in you go.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #864 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
Finishing Pokemon Black, Phoenix Wright 3, Catherine, and Arc Rise Fantasia.
Oh, and right now I'm playing Touhou 13, hurr durr durr. :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #865 on: August 16, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
Along with Ten Desires, I have also gotten my hands on Trauma Center: New Blood and Under The Knife 2. I'm currently playing New Blood. The controls are quite different and less intuitive, but I think I'm getting the hang of them. It's quite challenging even in this early stage of the game, but that's to be expected from an Atlus game.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #866 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:52 AM »
Along with Ten Desires, I have also gotten my hands on Trauma Center: New Blood and Under The Knife 2. I'm currently playing New Blood. The controls are quite different and less intuitive, but I think I'm getting the hang of them. It's quite challenging even in this early stage of the game, but that's to be expected from an Atlus game.
NB is actually the hardest of the three Wii games in terms of required accuracy and difficulty on Normal. SO is by far the easiest, while Team is described as deretsun for a reason. Just remember that you get two types of HT to use - it's up to you to figure out which one works better for you.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #867 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
Oh man, I utterly forgot to start Phoenix Wright 2. Gotta get on that.

Halfway through Chrono Trigger DS, and obv. playing Ten Desires.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #868 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:36 AM »
DEAD SPACE 2 AAAAAAAAAA

Church of Unitology Time
In Which Taizen Dies Again

That and unlike the last string of posts, I am not in fact, playing Ten Desires, as I do not have it.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #869 on: August 17, 2011, 04:50:35 AM »

Nightmare is only more difficult because enemies deal about three or four times more damage than usual. After beating the game for the first time,
Spoiler:
your unlocked dresses gain special abilities. The classic one allows you to regenerate health when Alice becomes tiny,
so it's easier on your second run through the game.
I haven't played the first game much (tried it and it didn't do anything for me), but Madness Returns is fairly easy even on Nightmare. It gets less challenging the further in you go.
That, and it's really easy to just spam the Pepper Grinder and the Teapot Cannon. The tc is quite overpowered once you fully upgrade it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:53:58 AM by Myristicaceae❖Memenica »