Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146072 times)

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #690 on: June 02, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »
Currently playing "Lord of Arcana"

Currently fighting against Bahamut he's hard to beat (Currently using a Two-handed Sword instead of the Mace)
AuditionSEA is basically a dancing game.
It's been a while since I've played that game.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #691 on: June 03, 2011, 06:14:30 AM »
Just bought Nier and Lost Odyssey on a whim today. They were on sale for low prices.

Played Nier for about an hour or so, pretty good so far.

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #692 on: June 03, 2011, 06:32:35 AM »
Bought Crysis today, i played for about 30 min. and so far, it seems pretty good.

Formless God

« Reply #693 on: June 03, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
Crysis's first impression is very, well, impressive. The AI gets pretty derpy later on though :V

FFXIII
Oookay, somehow it managed to get worse in Disc 2 :V Some of the cutscenes are just too forced.
Eidolon battles are lame. With proper tactics you can barely make it at around 300 DOOMPOINTS, so winning on the first try is ... eh.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #694 on: June 04, 2011, 03:30:49 AM »
Victory! >w< It was a long, arduous journey, but every last blue coin is now in my possession. It took printing out an entire walkthrough and supplementing it with a badly editted Youtube video series, but I finally managed it. I love how once you get all the blue coin shines, you put the beaver out of a job. :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #695 on: June 04, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »
Bought Crysis today, i played for about 30 min. and so far, it seems pretty good.
Lotsa fun and very pretty, too. The expansion pack is worth it as well. Any FPS game which leaves things as open as this one does in many parts deserves a good bit of praise. My only disappointment was that my PC BSOD'd during the very start of my second playthrough, and I don't want to even bother playing it again for fear of its apparent curse.

I think in the end I might've enjoyed its spiritual predecessor, Far Cry, a bit more simply because how campy it was. Worth a look, and most computers will be able to run it on high settings with ease now. Hell, my OLD PC could play it, which is a good sign in and of itself.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #696 on: June 04, 2011, 05:57:27 AM »
Due to my computer monitor breaking and internet access being limited to my DS now, I got around to beating a few games I never finished. Wario Land: Shake It was first - absolutely amazing game, and the best ending ever. Now to get all the treasures...

Mocking Morning

• Tonight We Stand In Circles!
  • DHS Danmaku Inspector
« Reply #697 on: June 04, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »
Currently playing World of Tanks. It's exactly what its sounds like, now come play it.

It's addictive as hell.
How many times have you woken up and asked yourself: What the hell am I doing?
Today, your plane did not blow up thanks to the cooperation of Touhou Girls and TSA Officers.

qyot27

• Surreptitious moon rabbit
  • Counting Blue Cars
« Reply #698 on: June 04, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »
I'm in the process of my semi-annual playthrough of the NES Mega Man games.  Currently in the middle of Mega Man 2.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #699 on: June 04, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »
Grandia ReDux - Getting close to the endgame bosses every day.  Last boss video I posted up on Youtube was for the Mage King battle.

...I'm NOT going to enjoy Gaia Core.  At all  :ohdear:.

Chrono Trigger : Flames of Eternity - So yeah, random nosing around and I somehow stumble on this awesome hack.

What is it you ask?

It's Crimson Echoes.  Yeah, THAT Crimson Echoes.  The one SE "supposedly" threw a C&D order on so long ago.  Someone or some people apparently went ahead and continued the work under the radar, heh.

So...I'm currently nearing the endgame...I think.  I'm supposed to chase after some person since said person may or may not have done something evil.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #700 on: June 05, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »
I'm in the process of my semi-annual playthrough of the NES Mega Man games.  Currently in the middle of Mega Man 2.
Good times were had. I play the Megaman games pretty regularly, myself.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #701 on: June 05, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
They really are... until the later game where they just don't have the power to justify the MP cost except to burn through extra characters to knock off a chunk of health before your main party starts fighting a boss.

I think I broke Dissidia 012 when a single floor dungeon in Scenario 000 caused a party of five characters to all grow 70-80 levels.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #702 on: June 05, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
Chrono Trigger : Flames of Eternity - So yeah, random nosing around and I somehow stumble on this awesome hack.

What is it you ask?

It's Crimson Echoes.  Yeah, THAT Crimson Echoes.  The one SE "supposedly" threw a C&D order on so long ago.  Someone or some people apparently went ahead and continued the work under the radar, heh.

So...I'm currently nearing the endgame...I think.  I'm supposed to chase after some person since said person may or may not have done something evil.

It's not really Crimson Echoes, just a sophisticated ripoff.  Flames was made from an old alpha version of CE, which was then altered and finished by an entirely different hacker.

Spoiler:
I have the real CE, which was leaked in January.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

qyot27

• Surreptitious moon rabbit
  • Counting Blue Cars
« Reply #703 on: June 05, 2011, 09:37:19 PM »
Good times were had. I play the Megaman games pretty regularly, myself.
I tend to jump around a little.  1-6 usually get played in order, I rarely play 7, sometimes play 8, and then fairly frequently play Mega Man and Bass.  Don't have much ability to get in play time on the Wii for MM9.  The X games are even more scattershot - X3, X6, and X8 get played a ton, the original, X2, and X4 at other times, and I almost never play X5 or X7.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #704 on: June 06, 2011, 12:50:52 AM »
Finally beat Strange Journey.  Had to grind 12 levels in the final dungeon after getting to the boss because lolwut.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #705 on: June 06, 2011, 03:55:08 AM »
Hooray for PSN~

I got Little Big Planet (For both PS3 and PSP) and Infamou for the PS3. Still undecided what my 2nd PSP game should be, though~
But yes, that's pretty much what I got for the week, along with Strange Journey for DS.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #706 on: June 06, 2011, 03:57:42 AM »
But yes, that's pretty much what I got for the week, along with Strange Journey for DS.
are you in for a treat

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Formless God

« Reply #707 on: June 06, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »
since they allow discussion on the official forums, I guess it's safe to mention it here too.
Deus Ex: HR.
A bit lacking in graphics and animation but will probably be fixed in the final release. Gameplay is pretty fun, with stealth, multiple routes, a fairly huge skill menu and ~decisions~. Music is well done for the most part, but only if you pay close attention to it :3
There is little differences between Normal and Hard. You either sneak through everything or you die. Speaking of dying, it happens a lot.
4 hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:21:30 AM by Anarchy Formless »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #708 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:41 AM »
Grandia ReDux - Closing in on the final battles.  Just need to do some grinding to boost everyone's HPs for the Baal 3 & (OH GOD NO!) Gaia Core + Evil Gaia battles.

Might & Magic 2 - Considering I picked up M&M 7 + 8 off GOG.com yesterday, I felt it was time to start slogging through the series.  Cleared M&M 1 earlier today, then started the 2nd game.  Current team is lv3, but I think I'll grind out a couple more levels before fully exploring the caverns beneath Middlegate because it sucks to get one random enemy group that decides to just kill your party badly.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #709 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:04 AM »
On a whim, I decided to play Metroid Zero Mission again today. My goal  was to get below 40 minutes. I'm a bit rusty, so I messed up a lot (including the escape shinespark), but I got the acid worm skip first try!

Final time: 39 minutes, 59 seconds. I squeed.

Formless God

« Reply #710 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
Finished DX:HR.

GotY.

« Reply #711 on: June 10, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »
Battlefield 1943 and Fortresscraft.

both are great examples of downloadable games.

Oh yeah, and I'm also playing Perfect cherry Blossom.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #712 on: June 10, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »
Crimzon Clover. OH MAH GAH, it's fun. Currently I'm mainly playing it to buy stuff in the shop, but I'm also making some progress in, well, progressing. BV
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #713 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »
Oh, right, still haven't bothered to collect enough for Type-Z...

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #714 on: June 10, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »
Grandia ReDux - Getting my team prepped up to tackle the final few bosses.  Liete's mace level is maxed out which is nice.  Means her already awesome Vit is made even better.  Going to shoot for character levels around 70-80 and most weapon & magic levels around 60-70 before going on.

Might & Magic 2 - Finding all kinds of stuff to do here.  Mainly working on picking up all the hirelings right now.  Think I have 7 or 8 left to get.

Will get back to collecting them once I finish boosting my team's accuracy in Pinehurst Castle (Time traps can die in a car fire!).

After that, I'm gonna do the Knight and Cleric plus quests, maybe the Sorcerer plus quest too.

Got a kick out of dropping a Lich Lord plus some cohort due to LOL lv9 spell levels as a result from taking a drink from a fountain, meaning my Cleric Holy Word'd that Lich Lord to his grave and the cohort got physical bombed.  Think it tried a disintegration spell, but that failed, heh.

...Then I get shocked to find I gained 781k xp from that fight, enough to level my current team up 3-4 times.

Sorcerer's lv8-2 spell...better have resistance to it or it'll kill or severly damage 10 enemies, lulzs.

Current main team is at lv15.

« Reply #715 on: June 11, 2011, 03:43:17 AM »
I've been spending the past month or so playing Dragon Warrior VII. I think it took me roughly 100 hours just to get to the final boss, without doing any of the extra side activities; it's a long game. There too many games I want to play or replay--Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, Hydra Castle Labyrinth, and Akai Katana Shin. I also want to check the Ultima series out.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #716 on: June 11, 2011, 04:08:34 AM »
In between sporadic bouts of Picross 3D, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, and GHOST Squad, I've been playing a new H-game called [name deleted].

...It probably wasn't the best idea to not wait for an eventual English patch and just grind through it with an ATLAS translator - I have no bloody idea where I'm supposed to gather these Magic ____ items, aside from maybe possible drops from elite monsters. I could just try to go to every possible area, but I'm being drained of about 200 gold every time I return from an expedition, and I can't drop below 0 more than once, or I get instant game over, on top of the fact that I still need 11000 or so gold to complete one of the objectives for the chapter (after spending over 50000 on other requirements). On the plus side, two of the characters I was all but certain would never level up above 10 (due to either having 1 less move than everyone else or join at 8 when everyone else's at 20) are making their way up to 15.

EDIT: Upon further investigation of the system, I actually found a way to find the items I need, as long as I can figure out their kanji - yay!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:38:18 AM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Formless God

« Reply #717 on: June 11, 2011, 04:56:08 AM »
Oblivion with loli Amy mod because default models look retarded as fuc

Now I just need to find a way to color those drills
Spoiler:
gold

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #718 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:02 PM »
Completed Doom 3.

Now I can uninstall it.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #719 on: June 11, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
Dead Nation thanks to the welcome back program.

Why does this game have to be so hard and so fucking FUN at the same time? It's addicting.

(PS: Someone wanna play? There could be a lot of lag, but PSN: SacchiLight)