Author Topic: Okuu Quest After - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 84204 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Okuu Quest After - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:31 PM »
> " The old world has its own possibilities for ending the suffering. People can fight for an end to their own suffering or others, just as they can do here! And how did forcing this world upon them do anything but toss them into the suffering they have now, if you want to go that route? You should have at least given them a choice as to what they wanted! Instead you forced something upon them that they didn't ask for, that they might not have wanted! Both worlds have their good points, and bad, and the old wasn't so horrible, nor is this one so wonderful, that forcing them is right!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »
>"Does the old Gensokyo still physically exist, somewhere?"
>"And what did Suwako think of all this? You've only ever mentioned what Kanako wanted."

>"As I understand, we're on it."
>"She was a part, too," says Sanae. "I speak of Yasaka-sama because she is the one who bears responsibility for the decisions of the shrine."

>"And what do you mean, everyone had been suffering? It seemed pretty alright to me!"

>"Everyone that had been suffering, of which there were many."
> " The old world has its own possibilities for ending the suffering. People can fight for an end to their own suffering or others, just as they can do here! And how did forcing this world upon them do anything but toss them into the suffering they have now, if you want to go that route? You should have at least given them a choice as to what they wanted! Instead you forced something upon them that they didn't ask for, that they might not have wanted! Both worlds have their good points, and bad, and the old wasn't so horrible, nor is this one so wonderful, that forcing them is right!"

>"Are you trying to argue a new beginning and forcing them back into their old roles are the same thing?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »
> "I only broke into the Research Institute because you guys struck first. Dealing with incidents? Incidents were people actively harming the lifestyles of other people; solving those are justifiable. Who was actively harming other people to the point where you needed to reset the whole world?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 09:44:49 PM »
>"So are we at an impasse, then? You force everyone into a new world, or I force everyone into an old one? Is there no third option?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »
> "And who else was suffering? Were there really so many people that wished for a complete reset to their life that you were justified in dragging in those that didn't want it? Do you have any proof of these severe sufferings?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »
> Check charge status.

mulit-post drifting wheeeeeeeeeeee

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
> "I only broke into the Research Institute because you guys struck first. Dealing with incidents? Incidents were people actively harming the lifestyles of other people; solving those are justifiable. Who was actively harming other people to the point where you needed to reset the whole world?"

>"Are you really trying to say your acts are justified because someone else did a thing first, now? At least I can say with the truth on my side that lives are better. You say, on the other hand, we acted first."

>"So are we at an impasse, then? You force everyone into a new world, or I force everyone into an old one? Is there no third option?"

>"It seems so."

> "And who else was suffering? Were there really so many people that wished for a complete reset to their life that you were justified in dragging in those that didn't want it? Do you have any proof of these severe sufferings?"

>"Do you really need to ask me to prove what you saw with your own eyes? Or are you just being contrary?"

> Check charge status.

mulit-post drifting wheeeeeeeeeeee

>You hit a full charge a while ago. At this point, it's more an issue of keeping it. It's one of the reasons you don't  keep it fully charged by default.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
> "I saw no one suffering to that degree with my own eyes back in the real world, and you're basing your conclusion of this world off of two days of info. Hardly a large enough sample size to concretely conclude anything."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
> "I saw no one suffering to that degree with my own eyes back in the real world, and you're basing your conclusion of this world off of two days of info. Hardly a large enough sample size to concretely conclude anything."

>"You think it's only been two days?" Sanae asks. "That....would explain a lot of your confusion."

>_

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »
>"Actually, how long HAS it been? How much of our memories were planted, and how much have we actually lived?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
> "I look the same as I have for a while, and so do you. Whatever timetable we're working on, it's not enough to form a solid conclusion. Thirty years, maybe, but not whatever this has been."

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
> "My justification is not that someone else did it first. But I would ask why you would condemn me for doing the same thing you believed was right? I want to start by giving people choice! If I can be awakened to know, then perhaps others can be? If everyone truly wants this world then fine. But leaving it as it is? Just leaving everyone with a lie, not even having the chance to know what they once had to say that this now is better? No. You forced this on them without choice, and I... I will do my best to give that choice to them."

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
> "Suffering is a part of life. No amount of lies or delusions will change this. It's an experience that makes you a better person. Denying a person's free will is the greatest of all evils."
> "And that is where we differ. You want everyone to live in blissful ignorance. I want everyone to face the facts, regardless of how painful it is. Unfortunately for you, nothing can hold back the truth."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »
>"Actually, how long HAS it been? How much of our memories were planted, and how much have we actually lived?"

>"It's...hard to say, really." Sanae says. "From what I understand, it skips around a bit. Important parts were actually lived, then smaller bits sort of glossed over. Except when they weren't." She shrugs, and winces. "But, it was late winter when it happened. So, some months, at least. I think it varies from person to person."

> "I look the same as I have for a while, and so do you. Whatever timetable we're working on, it's not enough to form a solid conclusion. Thirty years, maybe, but not whatever this has been."

>"It's not that simple, as I just said."

> "My justification is not that someone else did it first. But I would ask why you would condemn me for doing the same thing you believed was right? I want to start by giving people choice! If I can be awakened to know, then perhaps others can be? If everyone truly wants this world then fine. But leaving it as it is? Just leaving everyone with a lie, not even having the chance to know what they once had to say that this now is better? No. You forced this on them without choice, and I... I will do my best to give that choice to them."

>She nods. "I don't agree, and I think you can realize what a mass awakening would do. But I've tried to stop you." She shrugs, a bit more slowly this time.

> "Suffering is a part of life. No amount of lies or delusions will change this. It's an experience that makes you a better person. Denying a person's free will is the greatest of all evils."
> "And that is where we differ. You want everyone to live in blissful ignorance. I want everyone to face the facts, regardless of how painful it is. Unfortunately for you, nothing can hold back the truth."

>"Tell that to Satori," says Sanae, "And see what she thinks."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
Okay, I think we're mostly done here. Sanae could still use a kick to the gut, but word wars aren't what birdbrain nukes from Hell really do. We have elsewhere to go now.

> "Very well. So how do you start this thing, anyway?"
> Gesture at the jet.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »
> "Very well. So how do you start this thing, anyway?"
> Gesture at the jet.

>"How many hours have you logged?" she asks. "Unless you're a trained pilot, you won't be able to figure out how to fly it."

>_

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:13 PM »
>"And if I leave you be, will you just go back to Kanako and have her come after me instead?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »
> "I don't plan on flying it, I plan on making sure you don't fly it. Disabling the controls seems more humane than just blowing it up, though I could do that too if you want me to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »
>"And if I leave you be, will you just go back to Kanako and have her come after me instead?"

>"I think you likely already have that to worry about," says Sanae.

> "I don't plan on flying it, I plan on making sure you don't fly it. Disabling the controls seems more humane than just blowing it up, though I could do that too if you want me to."

>"Ah," says Sanae. "That's not necessary. But if you insist, just puncture one of the tires"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 10:34:18 PM »
> "What, it doesn't have keys I can just take?"
> If there are keys, take them.
> If not, pop the front tire.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:41 PM »
> "What, it doesn't have keys I can just take?"
> If there are keys, take them.
> If not, pop the front tire.

>"No," says Sanae, "Starting up takes a few more motions than a key turn. Like I said, there's no need to do that at all."
>Regardless, one beam is enough to pop the tire, which gives with a loud boom. The jet's from slumps a bit, and you doubt it will take off any time soon.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »
> Grin a little
> "So then, you were saying Kanakers would probably want to see me? Think she'll mind too much if I visit her first? Cause I'd like to know where she is so we can have a debate. Probably one that involves more of the same that I just had with you. Though if this can be resolved peacefully it'd probably be less of a pain in the ass."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »
> Grin a little
> "So then, you were saying Kanakers would probably want to see me? Think she'll mind too much if I visit her first? Cause I'd like to know where she is so we can have a debate. Probably one that involves more of the same that I just had with you. Though if this can be resolved peacefully it'd probably be less of a pain in the ass."

>"I imagine she'll be at the shrine," says Sanae.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »
> "Oh, right, I was also serious earlier. What time is it?"
> Can we see if we can find Stargazer again?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »
> "Oh, right, I was also serious earlier. What time is it?"
> Can we see if we can find Stargazer again?

>Sanae check a watch on her wrist, then frowns. "You ruined it in the fight. Sorry."
>It takes you a moment, but you can sense that she is outside the hangar. You think she's distressed.

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 10:58:19 PM »
> Once we are finished with her knock her unconscious, we still have Parsee and Ace to meet up with.

> Also, how well can we fly carrying a person? If okay, take Sanae with you, she might prove useful later

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 11:00:28 PM »
>"Anyway, I have people who are going to be worried about me if I don't get back to them. Be a good girl, now. I'm going to figure out a way to straighten all this out."
>Outside? Has she been that far away from us of her own accord before?
>Go and check up on her

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 11:02:44 PM »
> Knocking her out seems like a bit much if we aren't going to take her with us. Only do so if we can carry her long enough to catch up with Parsee and Ace
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:08:46 PM by ShiningDrake »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:13 PM »
> Eh. It would be nice to knock her out (and believe me, this voice wanted to) but there's no real reason for it at this point. Fights are to be solved with violence, other things not so much. We have a new reputation to build to make our old life better.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 11:11:50 PM »
> Once we are finished with her knock her unconscious, we still have Parsee and Ace to meet up with.

> Also, how well can we fly carrying a person? If okay, take Sanae with you, she might prove useful later

>You you're sure how to knock someone unconscious. At least not without risking splitting their skull open.
>You can fly kinda fine for a little while. But you really don't know if you can get Sanae all the way to the Forest Shrine.

> Knocking her out seems like a bit much if we aren't going to take us with her. Only do so if we can carry her long enough to catch up with Parsee and Ace
> Eh. It would be nice to knock her out (and believe me, this voice wanted to) but there's no real reason for it at this point. Fights are to be solved with violence, other things not so much. We have a new reputation to build to make our old life better.

>You decide against it.

>"Anyway, I have people who are going to be worried about me if I don't get back to them. Be a good girl, now. I'm going to figure out a way to straighten all this out."
>Outside? Has she been that far away from us of her own accord before?
>Go and check up on her

>"Don't worry, you won fair and square," says Sanae.
>...No, actually. She's never been more than half a bus length away from you before.
>You head outside, and find Stargazer. She's hiding near a corner of the hangar.

>_