Author Topic: Keine Quest: The Broken and the Lost  (Read 91606 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Keine Quest: The Broken and the Lost
« Reply #990 on: August 04, 2010, 02:13:23 AM »
>"Would the original ward work in a constrained passage? It is hard to lead one astray when the only way to go is forward or backward. And, would the caster have to know about the openings to affect them? I would imagine, if she is trying to make a powerful and subtle ward, she would want to focus where she knows the problems is going to to be, not where it may potentially might be. As for making a way in, perhaps you know of something that may help? Or...perhaps we might get lucky and be able to hire an oni to assist us. They live down there, or at least they did in my world."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #991 on: August 04, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
>"It might be a stretch to think, but locating the space directly beneath the mansion and finding a way to get directly to it from below would catch them completely by surprise. But there are many ways to conceal one's location..."
>Did we ever mention Marisa to anyone at the SDM before?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #992 on: August 04, 2010, 02:36:42 AM »
>"Would the original ward work in a constrained passage? It is hard to lead one astray when the only way to go is forward or backward. And, would the caster have to know about the openings to affect them? I would imagine, if she is trying to make a powerful and subtle ward, she would want to focus where she knows the problems is going to to be, not where it may potentially might be. As for making a way in, perhaps you know of something that may help? Or...perhaps we might get lucky and be able to hire an oni to assist us. They live down there, or at least they did in my world."

>"It may still be possible for it to work even in a constrained passage. You think you're moving forward, but find yourself somehow returning to the entrance again. Then again, it might not. Still, I was thinking more along the lines that once you emerged in the forest, unless you were right on top of Eientei, you might immediately find yourself misled again."
>"As for making a passage, I suppose the oni might be capable of helping. If you could manage to convince one of them. I imagine they're still down there, although one hasn't been seen above ground for a very, very long time."
>"At the very least, I may be able to assist you in finding the correct spot, while underground." She gets up and retrieves a small device from a nearby worktable. It has a triangular frame, made of thin beams of sculpted metal. In the hollow space in the middle of this frame is suspended a thin, deep green crystal. "You can think of it as a magical compass, of sorts," she says. "You can set an anchor point, and the crystal will continually point in the direction of this anchor."

>"It might be a stretch to think, but locating the space directly beneath the mansion and finding a way to get directly to it from below would catch them completely by surprise. But there are many ways to conceal one's location..."

>"True, and I cannot guarantee that this will work, even if you overcome the various technical challenges inherent in such an endeavor. Still, I think it may be worth the attempt."

>Did we ever mention Marisa to anyone at the SDM before?

>You asked Patchouli. She had not-so-fond memories of her, although she stopped coming to the mansion a few months after the Scarlet Mist Incident. She has had no further contact with her since.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #993 on: August 04, 2010, 02:49:48 AM »
>"I do not think she would do that to the whole forest. It would make getting food and the like much more difficult. And while the hourai immortals may not need to eat, their servants do. Creating exceptions to a blanket spell seems like too much work in comparison to focusing it on keeping things out."
>"This all said...would your mistress or the head maid be interested in pursuing this? I will most certainly need allies"

« Reply #994 on: August 04, 2010, 02:59:22 AM »
>"I do not think she would do that to the whole forest. It would make getting food and the like much more difficult. And while the hourai immortals may not need to eat, their servants do. Creating exceptions to a blanket spell seems like too much work in comparison to focusing it on keeping things out."

>"That's assuming that the spell is indifferent to the person triggering it. It would not surprise me at all if the residents of Eientei themselves could come and go as they pleased, while everyone else was kept out. Still, this is all academic. There's no way to be certain without actually testing the theory."

>"This all said...would your mistress or the head maid be interested in pursuing this? I will most certainly need allies"

>"Remilia... might be interested. Certainly, she took the moon incident as a personal slight. ...not that this is terribly unusual, but no matter. However, she'd probably need to be convinced that the plan was viable before she'd agree to take part in it. And I'm afraid I cannot give her any guarantee that it will be. As for Sakuya, she'll go where she is told to go. If Remilia goes, she will probably accompany her. But I doubt she would act independently."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #995 on: August 04, 2010, 03:06:28 AM »
>"... actually, about Sakuya... this is rude, so we can drop it if you prefer, but I'm wondering if anything happened to her during those previous incidents she's been involved in?"

« Reply #996 on: August 04, 2010, 03:07:56 AM »
>"... actually, about Sakuya... this is rude, so we can drop it if you prefer, but I'm wondering if anything happened to her during those previous incidents she's been involved in?"

>Her eyes narrow. "Happened to her? Do you care to be more specific?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #997 on: August 04, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »
>"It's subtle, but when I first entered, I thought I saw something odd with her legs. I'm concerned that she might have been injured somewhere along the line, and it didn't heal properly."

« Reply #998 on: August 04, 2010, 03:13:10 AM »
>"It's subtle, but when I first entered, I thought I saw something odd with her legs. I'm concerned that she might have been injured somewhere along the line, and it didn't heal properly."

>Patchouli takes a deep breath and stares at the ceiling for a moment. "I assume that this didn't happen in your recollection of events, then?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #999 on: August 04, 2010, 03:14:07 AM »
>"Correct."
>Save game.

« Reply #1000 on: August 04, 2010, 03:27:03 AM »
>"Correct."

>She draws another deep breath. "Well, I suppose there's no harm in speaking of it. It happened early in the Year of Winter, during the beginning of what should have been spring. Sakuya went to investigate the cause of the unusually lengthy winter, and ended up pursuing a trail into the Netherworld itself. And there she was confronted by a swordsman of inhuman skill. They fought to a draw on the edge of the great gardens of Hakugyokuro. A very bloody draw. Somehow, Sakaya managed to withdraw and make her way back here. To this day, I do not know where she found the resolve to do so. She was injured terribly, and despite our best efforts, never fully recovered. I can only hope that Youmu suffered similarly for her actions." There is a palpable bitterness in her last words.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #1001 on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:35 AM »
>"Do you know if the Hakurei maiden and Marisa were also involved in that investigation? And if they were....."