Author Topic: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80066 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:36 AM »
>"Hey, I've got no plans of being captured. We know the layout of the place, we'll have someone who might be able to crack their systems, and we have our secret weapon over there."
>Gesture towards Stargazer
>"Even if the plan breaks down, I think we've still got a good chance of making it out in one piece. I have no intention of letting anyone getting hurt tonight, if I can possibly help it."

>She looks toward Stargazer, who isn't really able to follow everything that is going on. But she senses something is wrong with Orin, and wishes she could do something about about it.
>"You do have supernatural help, don't you?" she says.

>_

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
>"Yeah. This morning she figured out how to move small objects around while invisible. It may not be much, as supernatural help goes, but there's quite a few places that's going to come in handy, tonight. And who knows what she might be able to do if we really did get ourselves into a crisis. But I'm hoping it won't come to that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 10:25:46 PM »
>"Yeah. This morning she figured out how to move small objects around while invisible. It may not be much, as supernatural help goes, but there's quite a few places that's going to come in handy, tonight. And who knows what she might be able to do if we really did get ourselves into a crisis. But I'm hoping it won't come to that."

>She nods. "I see. So, um, will you need me to do anything?"

>_

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »
>"Nothing comes to mind that I hadn't already mentioned. I was thinking about asking if you wanted to come along, but it might be best if someone who knows what's happening stays a safe distance away, in case... well, you know. And the more people we try to bring in, the more attention we'll draw to ourselves. Three people might already be a crowd."

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2010, 10:42:05 PM »
After one thousand years, I am free aain, to conquer MotK :mspa:
er I mean :V

Ok, so I have no idea where we are at right now so I'm going to need a fram of referance
> Check Quests, Inventory, Status, Powerlevel, Files, and Party
> Fondly regard situation
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »
>"Nothing comes to mind that I hadn't already mentioned. I was thinking about asking if you wanted to come along, but it might be best if someone who knows what's happening stays a safe distance away, in case... well, you know. And the more people we try to bring in, the more attention we'll draw to ourselves. Three people might already be a crowd."

>"Yeah, I'm really not wanting to go," says Orin. "I'm curious, but...well, I'm fine learning secondhand."

> Check Quests, Inventory, Status, Powerlevel, Files, and Party
> Fondly regard situation

>Your Quests are:
>The World is Wrong
>You have an unshakable instinct telling you that something is critically awry with the world, enough to frighten you to the core of your being. You have vowed that you will find what it is. You have encountered ghosts and top secret labs, been possessed, and have your adopted sister agreeing with you. Progress?
>Werehouse
>You have taken an interest in a recent heist of a local importer at the docks. You've learned the Sheriff is looking into it personally.
>Inflitrationism
>The Research Institute or the Military may hold the key to why the world is wrong. But getting into either of their facilities will be a challenge. You have a decent idea of some of its security and layout. It seems your best window to do it will be tonight, hopefully after liberating an ID from Professor Okazaki.
>Who's Got The Hook-Up?
>You need the assistance of people with access to high places, so that you can get into these kinds of places yourself. So far, you've gotten in well with a hacker named Ace, and made acquaintences with a Professor Okazaki
>Pharming
>The owner of the pharmacy in the Skids wants you to acquire some platypus venom from the biology department of the University, and will pay 1000☼
>Tailer-made
>You've been followed by Nue Houjuu. She claims the Scarlets paid her to do so, but the Administrative Chief has said otherwise. Who knows who is lying?
>Dark Passengers
>You are being haunted! You've managed to make peace with the Forest Spirit and learn how to make good use of her abilities, but there is still a spectral crow on your head that you suspect may be why you feel the world is wrong.
>Floral Choral
>There seem to be an abnormal number of flowers in the Forest these days...
>Your Self Appointed Goals are:
>Chase the Dream
>You've vowed you're gonna get accepted into that stupid university! Now, you have to pass the entry exam...
>Parsee Quest
>You've grown rather fond of that Mizuhashi girl; the recent make-out session suggests the feeling is pretty mutual.
>Dark Postage
>Miss Hieda is being blackmailed! You've resolved to do something about it.
>Your Inventory contains
>Green Bow (worn as accessory)
>Casual clothes (worn as clothes)
>Notebook with Pen
>Bio Hazard Backpack
>Nuclear Physics (Second Edition) by Irving Kaplan
>Splitting the Atom by Aloysius Alvin Non
>Introductory Nuclear Physics by Kenneth S. Krane.
>Spare notebooks
>Purse
>Driver's License
>472☼
>Debit Card
>Bus Pass
>Bag of Birdseed.
>Bag of Sunflower Seeds
>Plastic Bag
>Eye Pendant (Worn as Accessory)
>Box Cars' URL
>Usami Investigations Business Card
>Peace of Mind Charm
>Plumbing Report
>Shrinemaiden.org URL
>Cell Phone
>You are being haunted, but otherwise in fine health.
>Powerlevel?
>Files?
>You don't really have a party per se, but Parsee is pretty willing to follow you around. And later you'll be hooking up with that hacker, Ace.
>You are at Parsee's Apartment with Parsee and Orin (and Stargazer, the hitherto Forest Spirit who is now haunting you) contemplating how the break into the Research Institute. You've made what seems to be a pretty good plan of stealing, then replicating the ID of a person with access to the back areas. You recently had a hot make-out session with Parsee while waiting for Orin to arrive, and you're still a bit flushed (metaphorically speaking, thankfully) over it.

>_

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »
>"Don't worry, sis. As soon as we're back out again, we'll fill you in on everything we found. We're in this together."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 11:28:45 PM »
>"Don't worry, sis. As soon as we're back out again, we'll fill you in on everything we found. We're in this together."

>She nods. "Okay, so there's nothing else you need me to do? Oh! Did you visit Miss Hijiri?"

>_

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »
>"Nope, came here straight after work. Wanted to give Stargazer a chance to practice some of the things we're going to need her to do tonight. Thought I'd make sure the important bits were taken care of before doing anything else."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:38:26 PM by DracoOmega »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »
>"Nope, came here straight after work. Wanted to give Stargazer a chance to practice some of the things we're going to need her to do tonight. Thought I'd make sure the important bits were taken care of before doing anything else."

>Orin nods. "Okay. Well, if I can be useful, let me know."

>_

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 11:47:40 PM »
>"Well.... now that I think of it, I hadn't fully planned out exactly HOW we were going to distract Okazaki. I figured we'd play it by ear. I'm pretty sure Stargazer can slip her ID out of her purse, but she needs to be either far enough away, or distracted enough not to notice this happening. It'll probably make some noise, regardless of whether Stargazer is invisible or not. She knows both me and Parsee, but I imagine she has no idea who you are. I wonder if we might be able to take advantage of that somehow..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2010, 12:02:30 AM »
>"Well.... now that I think of it, I hadn't fully planned out exactly HOW we were going to distract Okazaki. I figured we'd play it by ear. I'm pretty sure Stargazer can slip her ID out of her purse, but she needs to be either far enough away, or distracted enough not to notice this happening. It'll probably make some noise, regardless of whether Stargazer is invisible or not. She knows both me and Parsee, but I imagine she has no idea who you are. I wonder if we might be able to take advantage of that somehow..."

>"If it's just being a distraction," says Orin, "Then I suppose it's alright to help out."

>_

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2010, 12:27:16 AM »
>"Well, here's a thought... I was thinking I could go there and maybe ask her for course selection advice for my first year. I mean, I'm not actually accepted yet, but she might appreciate the enthusiasm. And how about, while we're in her office, going over the calendar or whatever, you knock on the door and ask for directions to... somewhere. If she goes over to the door to point out where you're supposed to go, she might be far enough away for Stargazer to grab the ID."
>"Unless either of you have a butter suggestion?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:52 AM »
>"Well, here's a thought... I was thinking I could go there and maybe ask her for course selection advice for my first year. I mean, I'm not actually accepted yet, but she might appreciate the enthusiasm. And how about, while we're in her office, going over the calendar or whatever, you knock on the door and ask for directions to... somewhere. If she goes over to the door to point out where you're supposed to go, she might be far enough away for Stargazer to grab the ID."
>"Unless either of you have a butter suggestion?"

>"I could do that," says Orin. "I'm supposed to pretend that I don't know you, right?"

>_

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2010, 12:37:43 AM »
>"Yeah. You're just another student wandering past, who saw the open door and decided to ask a question."
>"But try to get her to actually come out of the room a little bit, to talk to you, without making it too obvious that you want her to do this."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »
> Check on Stargazer.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2010, 01:09:14 AM »
>"Yeah. You're just another student wandering past, who saw the open door and decided to ask a question."
>"But try to get her to actually come out of the room a little bit, to talk to you, without making it too obvious that you want her to do this."

>"Maybe you oughta figure out which car is hers?" says Parsee. "Say the cops are on it?"

> Check on Stargazer.

>She is watching the three of you, curious and not really understanding what you're talking about. She seems content that you'll break it down for her later.

>_

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2010, 01:26:30 AM »
>"What do you mean? About the cops?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:41 AM »
>"What do you mean? About the cops?"

>"Well," says Parsee, "I mean if they're about to ticket it or tow it, it might get her out of the office."
>"Wouldn't she grab her purse for that?" asks Orin.
>"...Oh," says Parsee, "Right. Yeah. Still...there's gotta be something like that you could do."

>_

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2010, 01:45:11 AM »
>"Besides, I think the bigger issue is how in the world a passerby could possibly know that it was her car in the first place, if you'd never even met her. That would be suspicious in and of itself."
>"It needs to be something completely ordinary-seeming. If it's a little fishy, she might start wondering..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2010, 01:50:20 AM »
>"Besides, I think the bigger issue is how in the world a passerby could possibly know that it was her car in the first place, if you'd never even met her. That would be suspicious in and of itself."
>"It needs to be something completely ordinary-seeming. If it's a little fishy, she might start wondering..."

>"Well, students might recognize it," says Parsee, clearly flustered. "But yeah..."
>"Maybe...looking for you?" says Orin.

>_

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2010, 02:02:28 AM »
>"Well, first of all, that shows that we're connected together. Secondly, that might draw ME out of the room, but I'd imagine it would leave Okazaki sitting at her desk, which is the opposite of what we want."

>"Honestly, asking for directions might still be one of the better options. If she just points in a direction, without getting up, you could always act confused, and ask if she could show you. Would have to be something relatively nearby."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2010, 02:04:31 AM »
>"Well, first of all, that shows that we're connected together. Secondly, that might draw ME out of the room, but I'd imagine it would leave Okazaki sitting at her desk, which is the opposite of what we want."

>"Honestly, asking for directions might still be one of the better options. If she just points in a direction, without getting up, you could always act confused, and ask if she could show you. Would have to be something relatively nearby."

>"Yeah, that's a point," says Orin. "Sorry. I'm not very good at this."
>"Tell her someone busted the window out of her car," says Parsee, "It'll work."

>_

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2010, 02:05:44 AM »
>"Again, how are we supposed to know whose car it is? And what happens when she goes there and finds out that it's not busted?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2010, 02:09:27 AM »
>"Again, how are we supposed to know whose car it is? And what happens when she goes there and finds out that it's not busted?"

>"Shit, I know what some of the professor's cars are," says Parsee. "It's not that big a thing. And...well...you know those bikers, right? Hell, just key it up a bit. Not like she doesn't have it coming for helping suppress this stuff!"
>Orin gives you a concerned look.

>_

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2010, 02:13:43 AM »
>"I, uh... don't want to beat up her car. Let's not rack up more felonies than necessary, ok?"
>"Remember, we don't need her keep very far away or for very long. Stargazer should be able to find the card while she's the room, and we only need long enough for her to get it out of there and into my pocket."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2010, 02:25:31 AM »
>"I, uh... don't want to beat up her car. Let's not rack up more felonies than necessary, ok?"
>"Remember, we don't need her keep very far away or for very long. Stargazer should be able to find the card while she's the room, and we only need long enough for her to get it out of there and into my pocket."

>"How long are we talking about, anyways?" says Orin.

>_

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2010, 02:26:51 AM »
>"Stargazer? How long do you think it would take you to pull the ID card out of her purse and give it to me, if you were hurrying?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2010, 02:46:29 AM »
>"Stargazer? How long do you think it would take you to pull the ID card out of her purse and give it to me, if you were hurrying?"

>She has no real way to express that amount of time to you; she doesn't understand measuring it. But she doesn't feel it would take very long.

>_

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2010, 02:49:00 AM »
>"Well, probably should have known better than to ask Stargazer that kind of question. Doesn't really understand how we measure time. But how long would it really take you to do it, if you knew right where it was? 5 seconds?"