Author Topic: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80073 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
>2 attempts at checking time failed. Attempt to check time again.
>Pause until that voice in your head logs back on.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 04:53:59 AM »
>2 attempts at checking time failed. Attempt to check time again.
>Pause until that voice in your head logs back on.

>It's about 4:30 right now.

>_

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 04:58:12 AM »
>"Well, she isn't here, yet, is she?"
>"It's just... tonight is going to be a long and scary night, and... well, I wouldn't mind just spending a little time close to you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 05:04:47 AM »
>"Well, she isn't here, yet, is she?"
>"It's just... tonight is going to be a long and scary night, and... well, I wouldn't mind just spending a little time close to you."

>"Yeah..." she says. "I think that'd be nice."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2010, 05:06:31 AM »
> "Thanks"
> Wrap your arm around Parsee and pull her close

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 05:09:23 AM »
> "Thanks"
> Wrap your arm around Parsee and pull her close

>"Damn right you're thankful," she says as your draw her close. She wraps her arms you. "So...which one of them are you, anyways?"

>_

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 05:18:27 AM »
>"Uh, which one of what? Did- did I miss something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 05:22:15 AM »
>"Uh, which one of what? Did- did I miss something?"

>"Come on," says Parsee, grinning, "We've been together constantly for days. So which one of the perverts egging me on online are you?"

>_

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2010, 05:26:35 AM »
>"Ha. They only wish they were this close to you right now."
>Kiss her

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 05:27:09 AM »
> "Honestly?  None of them."
> "Do I strike you as the kind to shout encouragement?  I thought I seemed more like the type that would just go out and do things."

That's what I get for being coy

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 05:42:02 AM »
> "Honestly?  None of them."
> "Do I strike you as the kind to shout encouragement?  I thought I seemed more like the type that would just go out and do things."

>"And isn't that doing things, just from another angle?" Parsee says. "Now come on."

>"Ha. They only wish they were this close to you right now."
>Kiss her

>"Of course they do," Says Parsee.
>She returns your kiss, and for a little while, time seems to slip away. She is passionate, to say the least, clinging to you firmly. Your tongue hurts a bit by the time a knock on the door interrupts you. She knocked your bow out of place, too.
>Parsee sighs as she parts from you. "See, you shouldn't have gotten her involved," she says.
>Stargazer appears again; you hadn't noticed she had vanished, and is rather confused about all of that.

>_

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 05:46:28 AM »
>"Well, lousy timing aside, she should know what's going on."
>"And remember, will WILL be continuing that, so we'll just have to make sure nothing goes wrong in the meantime, now won't we?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 06:04:21 AM »
>"Well, lousy timing aside, she should know what's going on."
>"And remember, will WILL be continuing that, so we'll just have to make sure nothing goes wrong in the meantime, now won't we?"

>"Oh stop being right," says Parsee, as she walk toward the door. "And damn right we will!"
>Stargazer is starting to wonder if you're alright.
>"There you are," you hear Parsee say, "Come on in!"

>_

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 06:08:29 AM »
>"Don't worry. I'm fine, Stargazer."
>Straighten our hair bow

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 06:15:20 AM »
>"Don't worry. I'm fine, Stargazer."
>Straighten our hair bow

>She seems willing to take your word on it.
>You straighten your hair bow as Orin enters. "Hey sis," she says. "Sorry it took me so long. The park ranger was just kinda happy people were taking an interest."

>_

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 06:16:52 AM »
>"Hey, there!"
>"Taking an interest in what?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 06:24:21 AM »
>"Hey, there!"
>"Taking an interest in what?"

>"What she does," says Orin. "She can be pretty long-winded."
>She has a seat on the edge of the foldout bed. "So, what's up?"

>_

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 06:38:02 AM »
>"Ok, well... you're in this as much as I am, now, so I wanted to let you know what we're planning to do tonight. "
>"We've found a possible lead on this whole situation, and we're going to pursue it. But... before I begin, I want to warn you that what we're planning is dangerous, reckless, possibly foolish, and definitely illegal. So, especially because of that last part, you have to swear that you won't tell anyone else. If you're not ok with that, please say so."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
>"Ok, well... you're in this as much as I am, now, so I wanted to let you know what we're planning to do tonight. "
>"We've found a possible lead on this whole situation, and we're going to pursue it. But... before I begin, I want to warn you that what we're planning is dangerous, reckless, possibly foolish, and definitely illegal. So, especially because of that last part, you have to swear that you won't tell anyone else. If you're not ok with that, please say so."

>"I...don't know if I'm okay with that," says Orin, frowning, "but I'm not going to tell anyone. Promise"

>_

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 06:48:55 AM »
>"Ok. Well, here's how it is. We got a tour of the research facility last night. An old university colleague of Nitori's showed us around. However, there's a bunch of sections that are restricted, even to other researchers in the facility. No one will give even the slightest hint of what goes on there. I can't say exactly why, but I think what they do down there is somehow connected to all this. So I want to get in there. And we think we have a way to do that, if we're careful, and lucky."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »
>"Ok. Well, here's how it is. We got a tour of the research facility last night. An old university colleague of Nitori's showed us around. However, there's a bunch of sections that are restricted, even to other researchers in the facility. No one will give even the slightest hint of what goes on there. I can't say exactly why, but I think what they do down there is somehow connected to all this. So I want to get in there. And we think we have a way to do that, if we're careful, and lucky."

>"You're...going to break into a top secret facility?" Orin asks.
>"Yeah, pretty much," Parsee confirms.
>Orin looks toward the floor, grimacing. "Oh god..."

>_

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 07:04:30 AM »
>"Yeah, this may not be the... sanest thing I've ever tried. But, well... after waking up the way I did the other morning, there's a lot of things I've found myself doing that I would never have expected. I'm sure you can understand that much, sis."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2010, 07:12:34 AM »
>"Yeah, this may not be the... sanest thing I've ever tried. But, well... after waking up the way I did the other morning, there's a lot of things I've found myself doing that I would never have expected. I'm sure you can understand that much, sis."

>She nods, still staring at the floor. "I do. I really do. I won't tell anyone, I promise."

>_

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2010, 07:25:52 AM »
>"Well, the jist of the plan is that we're going to steal the prof's ID, and get some fake ID's made for ourselves. Pass us off as some grad students, to get by the guards, and then use her ID to open the sealed doors. We've got a hacker of sorts who's going to be coming along for the ride. Hopefully she can do something useful once we're inside. Haven't actually met her in person, yet."
>"There's about a dozen things that could go horribly wrong with this, but I feel we have to try."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2010, 07:27:25 AM »
>"Well, the jist of the plan is that we're going to steal the prof's ID, and get some fake ID's made for ourselves. Pass us off as some grad students, to get by the guards, and then use her ID to open the sealed doors. We've got a hacker of sorts who's going to be coming along for the ride. Hopefully she can do something useful once we're inside. Haven't actually met her in person, yet."
>"There's about a dozen things that could go horribly wrong with this, but I feel we have to try."

>"Well, I suppose I can't change your mind, can I?" asks Orin.

>_

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2010, 07:31:18 AM »
>"Unless you can suggest a better way of going about this, I don't think you can..."
>Go over to Orin and put an arm around her shoulder
>"I'm sorry for dumping this into your lap, sis. I don't want you to have to worry about us, although I feel a bit foolish saying that, now. But I felt that you should know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2010, 07:46:09 AM »
>"Unless you can suggest a better way of going about this, I don't think you can..."
>Go over to Orin and put an arm around her shoulder
>"I'm sorry for dumping this into your lap, sis. I don't want you to have to worry about us, although I feel a bit foolish saying that, now. But I felt that you should know."

>She sighs as you put an arm around her. "I can't think of anything better... And, I'm glad you told me."

>_

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2010, 07:50:12 AM »
>"And... I really hate to say this, now, but.... well, if something happens, and we aren't back by tomorrow.... I think you should call Nitori and tell her what happened. She still has some connections with the place. I doubt she'd approve of what we're doing, but maybe she'll be able to work something out. There's a lot of scary rumors circling around the place, and I can't be sure that if we get caught, they'll just politely hand us over to the police."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 08:00:01 AM »
>"And... I really hate to say this, now, but.... well, if something happens, and we aren't back by tomorrow.... I think you should call Nitori and tell her what happened. She still has some connections with the place. I doubt she'd approve of what we're doing, but maybe she'll be able to work something out. There's a lot of scary rumors circling around the place, and I can't be sure that if we get caught, they'll just politely hand us over to the police."

>"A-Alright," says Orin. "I'll do that. I'll be sure to. But, um, please don't make me have to."

>_

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 08:04:48 AM »
>"Hey, I've got no plans of being captured. We know the layout of the place, we'll have someone who might be able to crack their systems, and we have our secret weapon over there."
>Gesture towards Stargazer
>"Even if the plan breaks down, I think we've still got a good chance of making it out in one piece. I have no intention of letting anyone getting hurt tonight, if I can possibly help it."