Author Topic: Subterranean Animism Mafia - GOOD END  (Read 37940 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Subterranean Animism Mafia - D1 GO!
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2010, 12:39:21 AM »
My only vote still counts as fourth, so I still think short of three more people irrationally jumping on Koishi bandwagon for fun, she still has good enough time to speak up. I'll determine what to think after then.
Mmm? Well, I didn't think it was really that important right now, but I'll happily oblige~

Okay, so... oh, you didn't post any reasons for voting me other then "lulbandwagon". So who else is voting me? Only Yuugi? Mmkay.

Koishi could just have voted Satori and declared it a serious vote to get things out of RVS. The self-vote is worthless as Parsee says. Even without a serious target, she could have made a third vote on someone for a similar effect. These are far more telling actions than a parked vote.
Even if I voted Satori and declared it serious, at that point in time it still would have only been a jokevote. If asked for my reasoning, I'd be left with nothing to say. Assuming I was even taken seriously at all.

Bandwagoning on Reimu or Marisa, who had 3 votes each, might have worked. It also might have gone unnoticed, or just as "you bandwagoning scum!", and overall I think the effect would have been smaller and less immediate. And moving my jokevote to anyone other then them would probably only be "Koishi switched her jokevote, who cares"

Self-voting generated a non-joke case fairly immediately, albeit on myself, but it certainly seems to have pushed everyone out of the RVS. Satori continuing to emptily roleplay just happened out of nowhere, and gave me my own non-joke case to start looking at. In addition, I'm not the biggest fan of Yamame and her "bandwagon for bandwagons sake, no reasons needed", but I can also see why a town would do it.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2010, 12:43:04 AM »
You're still jumping on a bandwagon for no reason beyond that it's a bandwagon and then choosing to think about your vote later. By saying "I'll determine what to think after then", you are pretty much putting off having an opinion, and essentially trying to get away with active lurking since you haven't contributed much up to this point.

Morality probably wasn't the word I was looking for (I-I don't even know many big words anyway!), but when you say "hurrdurr I'm trying to prevent FIoA (what does that even mean? Did you make that term up on the spot?)", it seems like you're trying to turn your paragraph full of fluff into something heroic to make you look less bad. Plus, when you say "which sounds pretty bad, don't you think?", it seems like you're attempting to make yourself good for denouncing something OBVIOUSLY BAD!! to further cement your fluff as being aok when it really isn't.

@ Koishi: Parsee is voting you as well.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »
Oh, just to be more clear since Koishi ninja'd me and I was too stupid to correct my post itself: that post was a response to Kisume.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2010, 12:55:35 AM »
Uh yeah Kisume's post
*paragraph of nothing* "I'll throw out some content." *incorrect point about Reimu* *question purely for clarification purposes* *jumps on bandwagon with no explanation*
##Unvote, ##vote:Kisume

I have more I wanna say but I'm phonepostin' so I'll have to wait until I can get to my computer, unfortunately.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2010, 12:58:52 AM »
@ Koishi: Parsee is voting you as well.
Oh, whoops, misread K4U's votecounts. Well, I think my activities up to this point should cover both of Parsee's reasons; the self-vote being stupid (Which I do admit may certainly be true, but either way, it definitely seems to have worked) and me not doing anything helpful.

I'd like to see a post from Satori before I decide whether I should change to Kisume or not. As far as D1 cases goes, the one on her seems pretty good; I certainly think it's better then the D1 cases we had the last three games, at least.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2010, 01:02:35 AM »
Now now, Okuu, what did I say about getting angry at people while voting for them?

I would like to excuse myself from my sister's reasoning by saying that there was nothing I would have used to stir up the pot. Or rather I would like to say that, but it didn't occur to me until recently that Okuu's early voting could be used to confuse others in her intentions. She has since moved away from that. I'm glad she is now working with meaningful votes so I am satisfied that there are signs of scumhunting. I can see greater, (though weirder) efforts coming from my sister as well. I do not believe a vote on Koishi is justifiable at this expanse. This goes double for Kisume's Vote as she only offered a blunt admittance of useless bandwagoning as reason. Such bluntness however gives off a reckless sense of honesty. While I'm still suspicious from her natural behavior I would rather target someone who appears to be hiding something as oppose to her.

This someone I mentioned fifteen words before the end of my previous paragraph is indeed Miss Yamame Kurodani. Yamame proceeds to add several names to her first paragraph under a single fact - That they had not posted anything too mafia-like. I want to see what she defines as "Mafia like" Since everyone had a random vote, and aside from doing something silly (Orin's fluff post justifying the random vote) or Stupid (Dear Sister's Self-vote) there was nothing worth noting. Yamame's vote on me seems to be a padded expansion of what Koishi had provided.

In short, Miss Kurodani is trying too hard at justifying an Early Day One Vote.
##Unvote: Marisa Kirisame
##Vote: Yamame Kurodani

Cut: I still think there is some boldness to Kisume's actions that I feel scum would have a barrier against, but I'm not opposed to her lynch considering the reasoning Sanae just summed up.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2010, 01:08:26 AM »
Quote from: Koishi Komeiji
Self-voting generated a non-joke case fairly immediately, albeit on myself, but it certainly seems to have pushed everyone out of the RVS. Satori continuing to emptily roleplay just happened out of nowhere, and gave me my own non-joke case to start looking at.

I apologize for this, but whenever I see a self-vote, I always mentally throw up a roadblock between myself in the bandwagon. The Roadblock is usually a large sign with the words "Incredibly Stupid," and "WiFoM" stamped on the front and back, respectively.

I would also like to argue that your self-vote had absolutely nothing to do with pulling us out of RVS, but I am going to overlook it since your vote on me definitely did, if nothing else.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2010, 01:09:26 AM »
Myself and the bandwagon, not "In".

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »
I would also like to argue that your self-vote had absolutely nothing to do with pulling us out of RVS, but I am going to overlook it since your vote on me definitely did, if nothing else.
It caused Okuu to make a post voting me, said post prompting a response from you that lead to me deciding you were actively lurking. So, I may have never gotten a case on you if I hadn't done it! Of course, that was completely unintentional, sister; but it's an interesting thing to think about. The growing bandwagon on me that lead to the Kisume incident also may have not happened otherwise, or at least not the same.

This being said, normally I wouldn't condone self-voting as good strategy. But whether I should have done it or not, it seems to have lead to some good things. Hopefully it didn't just lead to making a bunch of town look suspicious, though.

What Satori says about Yamame is very true. At the same time, I don't feel it's as bad as she makes it out to be. But then again, it's Yamame's only post, so I'll revisit this situation later. I'd also like to note that if Kisume flips scum, I'll be quite suspicious of my sister from her last post... but that might be thinking ahead too much.

Kisume doesn't look good, and her flip will also help me decide how I feel about Satori; right now, I believe Kisume is definitely my preferred lynch.

##Unvote
##Vote Kisume

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2010, 03:12:05 AM »
Kisume's bandwagon vote without justification and then her claim that it's just one vote, so it's not like it really matters.  Those are definitely the most troubling thing I've seen so far.

##Vote Kisume

As for everyone else, selfvoting is about the most facepalm-worthy RVS shenanigan there is, but with how slow the RVS was running, I can kind of see how a townie might maybe be desperate enough to try it.  Not clearing Koishi for trying to pass it off as a good move, but she's not who I find scummiest.  Also, posting a whole bunch in RVS only to disappear afterwards might be active lurking, but it could also be timezone stuff.  Really, Satori's OMGUS on Yamame bugs me more than any apparent active lurking on her part.

As for Yamame herself, if she hadn't made her case on Satori, and I had been around at that time, I probably would've made a similar case myself.  So, I'm not seeing her as particularly scummy for it.

Order of lynchworthiness at this moment looks to me like Kisume, then Satori, then Koishi.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2010, 03:13:24 AM »
EBWOP.

##Unvote
##Vote Kisume
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2010, 03:22:21 AM »
Raymoo, I did just replace in, so... =| And I have reasons for not saying that earlier btw. Going to say it in postgame. Didn't realize whoever was gone that long.
No, my logic wasn't that MOAR POSTS = SCUMMIER. I meant that MOAR POSTS WITHOUT CONTENT = SCUMMIER. Utsuho's posts actually had some content in the midst of the fluff, and I'm willing to write that off as "Silly MoTK is Silly During RVS, but is at least doing something". What I don't like are gems like

"Now now, Okuu, what did I tell you about Nuclear Radiation in the house."

"Now now, Okuu, what did I tell you about making things up in the middle of an argument?"

So, how do you feel about people that aren't me?
---
"some resembling mafier and not RP" translates to "Something that might actually resemble Mafia the Forum Game, and not Role Playing completely".

second vote is a bandwagon \o/ When every other person that was voted also having two votes.

Mafier like posts = not dicking around by posting 1 liners as a post like quotes couple lines above, actually doing something
---
Satori:
"I can see greater, (though weirder) efforts[refers to scumhunting here] coming from my sister as well. I do not believe a vote on Koishi is justifiable at this expanse."
>Koishi up to this point has voted Satori with the same reasoning as me, and has stated agreement
"Miss Kurodani is trying too hard at justifying an Early Day One Vote."

Vote stays.  Don't see the too hard at justifying as it was basically "x is scummy, a b and c have done x, a's done x more, vote a".
---
Actually, just realized Marisa voted someone who was about to be modkilled. That is stupid because it's extremely pointless. Would like a post from her.

Don't like Koishi stating both"I concur with Yamame's reason for voting Satori" to "I concur with Satori, who said that Yamame was trying to hard for a vote", because they are rather contradicting.

Can't decide whether Kisume is trying for refuge in audacity with that vote, or is just derpTown. Also, Utsuho, what you brought  up about one of Kisume's posts is called Appeal to Emotion btw.
---
Yes, I am a replacement. Ask Pesco's cat K4U for confirmation.

Cut by Suwako.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2010, 03:30:39 AM »
Vote Count: Kitten4u's hand hurts  Edition

Reimu Hakurei (0):
Marisa Kirisame (0):
Kisume (4): Utsuho Reiuji, Sanae Kochiya, Koishi Komeiji, Suwako Moriya
Yamame Kurodani (3): Marisa Kirisame, Reimu Hakurei, Satori Komeiji
Parsee Mizuhashi (0):
Yuugi Hoshiguma (0):
Satori Komeiji (1): Yamame Kurodani
Orin (0):
Utsuho Reiuji (2): Orin
Koishi Komeiji (3): Parsee Mizuhashi, Yuugi Hoshiguma, Kisume
Sanae Kochiya (0):
Suwako Moriya (0):

Not Voting: None

With 12 votes in play it takes 7 to lynch.  Deadline is in ~20.5 hours

Quote from: Yamame
Yes, I am a replacement. Ask Pesco's cat K4U for confirmation.
Confirming that this is true.  This Yamame be a replacement.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »
So wait, is the Yamame that just posted a replacement, or has Yamame been a replacement since her post where she voted Satori?

Will say what I actually think about her later. Formatting and --- spam is giving me a headache.

Both are the replacement.  The original never confirmed.  I didn't mention it before on request.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:35:34 AM by Kitten4u »

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2010, 03:37:14 AM »
Satori:
"I can see greater, (though weirder) efforts[refers to scumhunting here] coming from my sister as well. I do not believe a vote on Koishi is justifiable at this expanse."
>Koishi up to this point has voted Satori with the same reasoning as me, and has stated agreement
"Miss Kurodani is trying too hard at justifying an Early Day One Vote."

Don't like Koishi stating both"I concur with Yamame's reason for voting Satori" to "I concur with Satori, who said that Yamame was trying to hard for a vote", because they are rather contradicting.
Concurring on your reason for voting Satori is kind of inferred anyway, seeing as I present basically the exact same argument on Satori before you did. And to be specific on the concurring with Satori, I meant agreement with
Quote from: Satori
Yamame's vote on me seems to be a padded expansion of what Koishi had provided.
However, I really didn't agree with the "trying to hard to justify a ED1 vote" part. I suppose I should have been specific about this, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention since I wasn't even very suspicious of you anyway; Satori was, IMO, making a case where there is something to go on, but it's not really a GOOD case. This is something that happens when you're scum because you usually aim away from your scumbuddies. Speaking of that, she's aiming away from the Kisume lynch, but at the same time saying she agrees with it; if Kisume flips scum, I definitely see Satori as a possible scumpartner. Otherwise, Satori is still my second preferred lynch.

Actually, maybe Satori is my more preferred lynch, now that I think about it? Augh. I don't know. Whatever, I'm perfectly fine with a lynch on either, and Kisume has more votes right now, so I'll stay on her unless things are swinging a different direction when I wake up. ohay more ninjas

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2010, 04:10:38 AM »
Just pointing out that Orin hasn't said anything since her huge RVS fluffypuff where she voted me. Shouldn't she be prodded?

Already done.

Satori looks pretty bad to me. Aside from cheerleading Kisume, her vote on Yamame seems like a pretty nonsensical OMGUS and I can barely even tell why she's voting (I'm... assuming it's something along the lines of calling out too many people?). How does what Satori even point out make it seem like Yamame is trying too hard to justify a vote? What do her callouts towards people have anything with justifying her vote itself? Why does Satori think Yamame is scummy? I don't think Satori's post explained any of this. Despite having substance to it, the substance seems just as pointless as Kisume's (who is currently reading like derpscum to me, still my top pick).

Speaking of Yamame, she needs to format her posts so that she doesn't give me a headache reading them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:26:45 AM by Kitten4u »

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2010, 04:11:51 AM »
Er, that should say "as Kisume's vote" (and then the parenthesis stuff).

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2010, 05:44:42 AM »
Alright, cool, I can actually write my post and look at the thread at the same time now.  Let's do words!

Reimu: Not feelin' your case on Yamame.  It's weird that you called her out for not being around when you basically did the same thing, except you had more nonsense posts under your belt.  Also it was weird how you kind of went "I don't like your vote, by which I mean your vote was fine, except you might be trying to start a bandwagon."

Yuugi:  You can't really make a serious vote without having a case.  It's not like what separates a serious vote from a joke vote is people appending their vote with "This vote is For Reals" or something.  I don't think it's wrong to suspect Koishi for a selfvote, but giving her a list of other stupid things she should have done instead doesn't really help anything.

Koishi: Did you mean Kisume in that last paragraph here or are you going off of what Reimu said?  Also ditto on Satori regarding Kisume's flip; her last line in this post reads to me as, she doesn't want Kisume lynched, but she'll hop on the wagon if it looks like it's gonna happen to avoid looking bad.

Satori: If you didn't have anything to contribute in the early game that's cool, but that doesn't mean you needed to keep posting nonsense.  If you mentally blocked out the selfvote, that's fine, but that doesn't explain why you made a post anyways.  Hoppin' on the Yamame-train because she 'tried too hard' is weird, too.  If Koishi votes you it's cool because she's doing her scumhunting thing, but if Yamame votes you for the exact same reason she's in the wrong?  You're On Notice, bucko.

OK too many words, I'm gonna stop now.  I'd like to see Orin, Marisa, and Parsee come back.  That would be swell.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2010, 06:49:19 AM »
There are little distinctions between the way everyone votes, and I think it's looking at these distinctions that will ultimately decide if we could get a possible hit on day one. I'm disappointed that more people don't see what I am, but I still feel the need for a vote there.

Quote from: Sanae
If you mentally blocked out the selfvote, that's fine, but that doesn't explain why you made a post anyways.

I made it because I thought it would be funny. Clearly, my lack of forethought and my humor in disrepair have lead me to become suspect when I should have lurked instead.  Or at least, that's what this accusation seems to imply.

I've made clear my stance on three people that were not Yamame in my last post. They were in fact the three people who I felt had enough information provided in their posts to formulate a decent opinion on that were not Yamame. This game appears to be a little slow in that regards, especially apparent in that only the Moriya Shrine Group has made slight more effort to join the discussion since then.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:16 AM »
Looking at Kisume, it's not even the bandwagon post that looks worst to me - it's bad, but the post after it is just that much worse...
Not to say that first post isn't bad. She says nothing in the first paragraph, misses the Reimu vote and then hops on a bandwagon. Only good thing there is asking about "something resembling mafier" but several others had mentioned that as well.
The next post consists of two things: "I'll say what I think later" and "Yup, you caught me out on that." Cautioning against fluff is fine, but saying someone doesn't have a vote when they voted two posts before you is... /head-desk.

Since I have little choice right now...
##Unvote
##Vote: Kisume

L-2, and I'm sorry, but I won't be back before deadline - otherwise, I'd delay my vote.

Aside from that, wanting to caution people away from "If x is scum, y is scum" since that tends to lead towards "If x is town, y is town" which is BAD BAD BAD I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS.
In other news, I'm not seeing Satori's first real post as badly as everyone else, but I also think Yamame's explained the main point (of real mafiers) relatively well since. Wouldn't mind seeing what Satori thinks with regards to that, as opposed to just a defense post.
As an aside, Sanae has made a damn good call on Reimu and Yuugi, and I wouldn't mind seeing more from those two soon.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2010, 11:45:45 AM »
Koishi: Did you mean Kisume in that last paragraph here or are you going off of what Reimu said?
Whoops, that was a typo. Yeah, I mean Kisume. They're both in the same stage okay ;_;

And Parsee, I assure you, I'm not going to think Satori is town just from a town!Kisume flip. I believe I stated in one of my posts that Satori would still be my preferred second lynch; as of now, at least.

Hmm... somewhere around 12 hours remaining in the day, I think.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
I replaced about an hour before my first post.

Koishi, thanks for clearing that up.  That makes much more sense.

Satori, answering questions is a good thing. Utsuho asked one.

Marisa still needs to post, pretty sure she's been prodded.

Willing to change my vote to Kisume to get a lynch. Only thing I don't like about the case on her is the "blatant misrep of Reimu", but that in itself is more "I CAN'T READ" than scummy, because scum(or anyone really) wouldn't gain benefit from it at all.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »
Aww.. cosidering how eager you guys are becoming to lynch me, I will explain the justification behind my vote. I do not believe Koishi's "stirring the pot" thing. Firstly although self-voting is good way to generate discussion, that action kind of loses its meaning when the person self-voting herself explicitedly states she is trying "[her] hand at stirring the pot a little~". Now if you self-voted without giving out any justification I can see lot of people jumping up to seriously accuse you, but I wonder what discussion you expected to bring with that post of yours. It's like pressure voting someone while stating your vote is pressure vote.

Second thing that concerned me is the timing she concluded her objective of "stirring the pot" had been made then switched her vote to Satori. There were seven posts between your posts: from Okku, Satori, Sanae, Suwako, Marisa, and Parsee. Satori, Sanae, and Suwako were still joking, another one was a prod vote, making Utsuho and Parsee only one to respond to your actions. Overall I believe Koishi's self-vote had negligible effect and that she might have been better off starting up with her accusation against Koishi in first place. Yuugi brought up the exactly same argument I was thinking, and I determined bandwagon - and Koishi's subsequent response - was necessary for me to get better indication of her alignment.

Her response to Yuugi seem solid for now, but I am curious about the association between me and Satori Koishi suddenly pulls out of nowhere ("I'd like to see a post from Satori before I decide whether I should change to Kisume or not") then subsequently uses it as excuse to vote for me? Ha ha, old chap? I would like to hear from you actual reasoning behind you preferring to vote me over Satori besides than "if Kisume flips scum Satori is likely scum, and though I prefer Satori lynch Kisume currently has more votes on her".

I was not aware of 24 hour before mod-kill rule, and living in an Eastern Canada I did not know if I had passed the deadline or not, so I looked over what stood out the most to me and did what I could before leaving. As it is I still believe my attack on Koishi and Reimu was hardly threatening, since I really doubt that people would have rushed to vote off either of them before hearing from me why. I explicitly bread-crumbed this when I wrote "one.. two.. three.. seven" and have stated my opinion pretty clearly on my response to Okku.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »
Vote Count: Holy Shit Kilga Is Actually Doing Something Edition

Reimu Hakurei (0):
Marisa Kirisame (0):
Kisume (5): Utsuho Reiuji, Sanae Kochiya, Koishi Komeiji, Suwako Moriya, Parsee Mizuhashi
Yamame Kurodani (3): Marisa Kirisame, Reimu Hakurei, Satori Komeiji
Parsee Mizuhashi (0):
Yuugi Hoshiguma (0):
Satori Komeiji (1): Yamame Kurodani
Orin (0):
Utsuho Reiuji (1): Orin
Koishi Komeiji (2): Yuugi Hoshiguma, Kisume
Sanae Kochiya (0):
Suwako Moriya (0):

Not Voting: None

Kisume is at L-2!

With 12 votes in play it takes 7 to lynch.  Deadline is in 6 hours and 40 minutes. Folks with night actions might want to start thinking about them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:11:40 PM by Vuvuzelayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »
Yamame: I don't think we need to hammer somebody to get a lynch in this game. Doesn't the OP say the person with the majority of votes (currently Kisume) gets lynched if there is no hammer? Or am I reading it wrong?

Kisume: Except, uh, a pressure vote while stating you're pressuring somebody is still pressuring them? If they have more votes they're more likely to get lynched (no way!), so you're still adding pressure even if you say it's for pressure. Also if she hadn't said she was trying to stir the pot a little, I probably wouldn't have voted her for the reasons I voted her for, so she still managed to be succesful.

Your case mainly seems based around Koishi not actually stirring up the pot with her self-vote (which isn't entirely true), but how does that make her scummy? In fact, what do you think is scummy enough about Koishi to justify your vote? All I see is "she wasn't able to stir up the pot, but her other posts seem solid I guess". If anything, her failing to stir up the pot wasn't even her fault, since she couldn't possibly control the responses she got. I fail to see why your case on Koishi makes her look scummy at all, to the point where it really feels like you're grasping onto straws to keep a vote up. Vote stays.

What's your opinion on Satori?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2010, 05:50:41 PM »
Aww.. cosidering how eager you guys are becoming to lynch me, I will explain the justification behind my vote. I do not believe Koishi's "stirring the pot" thing. Firstly although self-voting is good way to generate discussion, that action kind of loses its meaning when the person self-voting herself explicitedly states she is trying "[her] hand at stirring the pot a little~". Now if you self-voted without giving out any justification I can see lot of people jumping up to seriously accuse you, but I wonder what discussion you expected to bring with that post of yours. It's like pressure voting someone while stating your vote is pressure vote.
Well they voted me anyway, so it doesn't seem to matter whether I stated my intention or not. It's not like not stating why I'm doing it makes a self-vote any less "what".

Second thing that concerned me is the timing she concluded her objective of "stirring the pot" had been made then switched her vote to Satori. There were seven posts between your posts: from Okku, Satori, Sanae, Suwako, Marisa, and Parsee. Satori, Sanae, and Suwako were still joking, another one was a prod vote, making Utsuho and Parsee only one to respond to your actions. Overall I believe Koishi's self-vote had negligible effect and that she might have been better off starting up with her accusation against Koishi in first place. Yuugi brought up the exactly same argument I was thinking, and I determined bandwagon - and Koishi's subsequent response - was necessary for me to get better indication of her alignment.
So, I should have just kept sitting on myself after I see an actual case I could use my vote for? Uh. Besides, as has been shown already, people kept going from lul to srs afterwards, so it wasn't important for me to stick with the self-vote anymore; especially considering my previous sentence.
Her response to Yuugi seem solid for now, but I am curious about the association between me and Satori Koishi suddenly pulls out of nowhere ("I'd like to see a post from Satori before I decide whether I should change to Kisume or not") then subsequently uses it as excuse to vote for me? Ha ha, old chap? I would like to hear from you actual reasoning behind you preferring to vote me over Satori besides than "if Kisume flips scum Satori is likely scum, and though I prefer Satori lynch Kisume currently has more votes on her".
I was already voting Satori, and was thinking on whether I'd rather keep voting her or switch to you. Plenty of people, including me although not as much as others, have stated plenty of good reasons why to vote you. Also, I went back because I did not recall stating that I'd prefer a Satori lynch over yours, and I didn't find that statement anywhere.

Oh I got ninja'd again, maybe I take too long making my posts :derp:

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
(Sorry girls - real life issues are preventing me from writing a more detailed post, and I'm afraid I won't be around for deadline.)

@Yamame: Replacing in an hour before posting changes my opinion of you somewhat. :P

Reimu: Not feelin' your case on Yamame.  It's weird that you called her out for not being around when you basically did the same thing, except you had more nonsense posts under your belt.  Also it was weird how you kind of went "I don't like your vote, by which I mean your vote was fine, except you might be trying to start a bandwagon."

That's exactly my point, really, and why I felt Yamame's Satori vote was fishy.  How are we to quantify useful content when at least half of Day 1 was spent on fluff activities?  Why use it as a scum measuring stick at all?  Since Yamame was never actually present in-game, this makes her slightly less suspicious, but I still feel that her vote on Satori was finding a convenient nearby case and latching onto it - thus, bandwagon.  It was the timing and position of the vote that was weird; otherwise, the vote itself could have been on anyone because you literally could have applied her reasons for voting Satori to nearly anyone else.

I'm happy with my vote.  Second up is Kisume, but more because it would be very useful informationally regardless of whether she's town or scum given the fervor behind some of the votes on her wagon.  A train like that is great for discerning alignments.

I'm including myself in the following statement and realize it's slightly hypocritical, but a lot of us need to start posting more Day 2.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »
Kisume could've, you know, said that when you voted Koishi, instead of saving it til 6 hours before the deadline. Seems like she thought of the reasons while being pressured/after voting Koishi. Read Utsuho's and Koishi's posts for why her reasons aren't good reasons.

Utsuho: Oh, we don't need a hammer. K, won't switch unless something unlikely happens(e.g somehow another possible lynch pops up that I don't like, etc.).

Reimu: Well, yeah, I could've applied it to 3 other people(imo), but I stated reasons why I choose Satori over them. =V It's a matter of actively doing nothing, so posting activity/number of posts actually does matter; if you can make a bunch of posts, why are they all fluff?

Also, where's that black-white witch?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »
I gotta go to work but I'll pound this out in a jiffy

Reimu:  That's fine, but it seems like that's your only reason, and I don't get why you're sticking with your vote until the end of the day with a case that's based off of one vote from someone's first post in the game.  I guess you're gone until D2, but I'd like to hear why you thought that Yamame's vote for Satori made her a better lynch than anyone else today.

Kisume: Your reasoning is pretty weak, and the fact that you waited until you had 5 votes to actually bring it out is super weak.  "cosidering how eager you guys are becoming to lynch me, I will explain the justification behind my vote."  Like, what, you only have to have reasoning if 5 people call you out on it?
 "As it is I still believe my attack on Koishi and Reimu was hardly threatening, since I really doubt that people would have rushed to vote off either of them before hearing from me why."  So votes only actually matter if they're about to get someone lynched?  It's okay to vote for whoever, for any reason, as long as it's not a hammer or something?  I don't like that at all.

Leavin' my vote where it is.  Kisume is definitely the scummiest player to me.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
You all bring up really good points on Kisume,
##Unvote
##Vote : Kisume

(I hope I got inbefore the deadline)