Author Topic: Ran Quest Overtime: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 52112 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest Overtime: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 12:05:10 AM »
> "I'm sorry about that, I was only joking with you. But Lady Yukari does like you the most out of humans, that is no joke. That or she just treats you nicest out of the humans she does like."
> Ponder our potential love-life intrests :*

>"Yeah, unfortunately."
>At this point, you're practically married to Yukari. Which is a shame, as it means your spouse is a cheating hussy who chases whatever catches her eye. Oh well...

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 12:43:28 AM »
> Is the relationship mutual, or is the practicly-married bit one-sided?
> If one-sided, do we feel that way about Yukari, or is it her for us, while she cheats like a delinquent on a big test :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 12:57:39 AM »
> Is the relationship mutual, or is the practicly-married bit one-sided?
> If one-sided, do we feel that way about Yukari, or is it her for us, while she cheats like a delinquent on a big test :V

>You really aren't sure. You've gone past the point of infatuation and such long ago, to her being there just being sort of a habit. You're fairly sure it's mutual. But, it does kinda annoy you when she makes a big deal about chasing off after someone. And when she hides it... These sorts of things happen over the centuries when you're attached to someone who is both immensely power and fairly capricious.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
>So is Chen more like your mutual child, rather than a servant/shikigami? Or are you unsure of what Yukari thinks of Chen?

>If Reimu is done with her food, thank her for her time and get ready to go to the mountain. Looks like our next goal is to find Momiji!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »
>So is Chen more like your mutual child, rather than a servant/shikigami? Or are you unsure of what Yukari thinks of Chen?

>If Reimu is done with her food, thank her for her time and get ready to go to the mountain. Looks like our next goal is to find Momiji!

>Chen's really more of an adopted daughter for you, as she's not very useful as a servant yet.  You do wonder you made her a shikigami a little too soon. She really isn't very responsible beyond little chores. You aren't sure how Yukari regards her other than some younger relative to be spoiled or spurned as mood dictates; though usually she's quite good with Chen.
>"No problem," says Reimu. "Thanks for the snack!"
>You start for the mountain again. If you're correct, Momiji ought to be either patrolling somewhere between the two towns, or at home for the evening. Unfortunately, you don't know where the latter is.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 02:55:43 AM »
> Continue toward the tengu village, looking for Momiji along the way. Once we get close enough to where she might be that is.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »
> Continue toward the tengu village, looking for Momiji along the way. Once we get close enough to where she might be that is.

>You fly toward the Tengu village. The early evening conditions cause you to take your time; both to avoid an accident and to look less like you're trying to sneak in.
>"Who goes there!" calls a voice, as you fly along the waterfall. Looking in that direction, you see a wolf tengu approaching. While you've never really met her, you're reasonably sure this is Momiji.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 03:16:27 AM »
> "Are you miss Momiji? I wish to speak with you for a moment."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »
> "Are you miss Momiji? I wish to speak with you for a moment."

>"Really now?" says the tengu as she draws closer, letting you get a good look at her lupine features.  "I'm Momiji, yes, and I don't recall any business with the Yakumos, I'm afraid. To what do I owe this unusual pleasure?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 03:33:33 AM »
> Why did we come to speak with Momiji?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 03:36:45 AM »
>To find out how we can get to Aya, of course!
>Mention Aya in passing or through small talk to try and gauge Momiji's opinion of her... Although specifics of that small talk are lost to me.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 03:58:42 AM »
> "I came to speak to you about Miss Aya. Specifically, to keep her from publishing something I do not wish to be published. I am sorry if this is a bad time, but the sooner this can be done, the better. If Aya publishes that bit I don't want her publishing, I am afraid people would be hurt... badly... and I would likely end up one of them, if not the first."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 04:04:08 AM »
> "I came to speak to you about Miss Aya. Specifically, to keep her from publishing something I do not wish to be published. I am sorry if this is a bad time, but the sooner this can be done, the better. If Aya publishes that bit I don't want her publishing, I am afraid people would be hurt... badly... and I would likely end up one of them, if not the first."

>"Oh, you're trying to kill the freedom of the press, are you?" asks Momiji, frowning and knitting her brow.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 04:10:06 AM »
> "No, I like the press, it's more like if one little piece of info Aya has gets published, I will likely be killed, as well as Aya, and who knows who else. Lives hang in the balence Momiji, my life, Aya's life, and many others. You know how other people have reacted to private info getting into Aya's paper? Well, let's just say, she has info that will cause a certain youkai to be VERY angry, to the point of wanting people DEAD. Please, help me convince Aya."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 04:16:13 AM »
> "No, I like the press, it's more like if one little piece of info Aya has gets published, I will likely be killed, as well as Aya, and who knows who else. Lives hang in the balence Momiji, my life, Aya's life, and many others. You know how other people have reacted to private info getting into Aya's paper? Well, let's just say, she has info that will cause a certain youkai to be VERY angry, to the point of wanting people DEAD. Please, help me convince Aya."

>"You're not the first person to tell this kind of story, you know," says Momiji. "You're not the tenth person to tell it. I remember when people were convinced Remilia would kill us all for reporting on little detective romp back when Tenshi was messing with the weather. Such a tempest in a teapot that was!"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 04:21:51 AM »
> "Well, I am certain Lady Yukari is more then capable of it. Info Yukari would not want made public has fallen into Aya's hands. Info that if made public would likely enrage Yukari. I am certain you know even somewhat how powerful Lady Yukari is. Makai and the Former Hell hath no fury like Yukari's scorn."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
> "Well, I am certain Lady Yukari is more then capable of it. Info Yukari would not want made public has fallen into Aya's hands. Info that if made public would likely enrage Yukari. I am certain you know even somewhat how powerful Lady Yukari is. Makai and the Former Hell hath no fury like Yukari's scorn."

>"We have shrine maidens to deal with that kind of thing," says Momiji. "I'm sorry, but I just cannot allow you to try and suppress the freedom of the press in such a manner. You are free to talk with Miss Aya, but I can already tell you that your resistance is just going to make her want to print it more."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
> "Momiji, you know as well as I do, perhaps more so, that Aya tends to add her own... Speculations, and then state them as fact. That's obvious just reading the paper. It is likely that if she publishes this article, there will be things added that border on slander. If it can be said to be as light as 'bordering' at all. I'm afraid that this is simply inexcusable given the nature of the information, and the speculations and misrepresentations that someone like Aya will make. "

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »
>Momiji shrugs. "You'll have to talk to her about that."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »
> "I already did, truth be told. She seemed completely unrepentant, and I'm not sure she even does it deliberately. She doesn't seem to see anything wrong with how she does things, which is worrisome to say the least... Perhaps she would listen to someone she knows better, however?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 08:42:15 PM »
> "I already did, truth be told. She seemed completely unrepentant, and I'm not sure she even does it deliberately. She doesn't seem to see anything wrong with how she does things, which is worrisome to say the least... Perhaps she would listen to someone she knows better, however?"

>"Maybe," says Momiji, "but I have no real interest in telling her not to do what she loves or in suppressing the truth."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 01:05:59 AM »
> Ponder any weaknesses Momiji might have.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 02:57:19 AM »
> Ponder any weaknesses Momiji might have.

>Weakness in what sense?

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »
> Ponder any weaknesses that Momiji might have pertaining to fears or an excess amount of affection to a certain item.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
> Ponder any weaknesses that Momiji might have pertaining to fears or an excess amount of affection to a certain item.

>Momiji is pretty well known for being brave, or at least passing herself off as such. You don't have any real idea how much of her latest statements are just bluster versus actual willingness to stand up to Yukari; or willingness to let Yukari rage elsewhere. As for regarding things with affection, you've heard she has a sweet tooth, but you also know it would be hard not to make that look like bribery with the situation it is now. A different approach might help.

>_
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:11:50 PM by Purvisen Silver »

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »
>"Is there perhaps anything at all I can do for you that may change your mind?"
>Examine inventory.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:58 PM »
>"Is there perhaps anything at all I can do for you that may change your mind?"
>Examine inventory.

>"If you're just trying to get me to help suppress her story, no. I won't. But, well...maybe if you were willing to offer her something better, I might be willing to help."
>Your Inventory Contains
>Long-sleeved robe: (Worn as clothes)
>Your favorite robe; its sleeves are perfect for concealing your hands.
>Shikigami: Wizard Fox Thoughts (Significantly expended)
>It creates thick leafy danmaku that one must move very little to endure.
>Shikigami's Radiance: Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser (expended)
>An aimed burst of danmaku that leaves lasers in its wake.
>5 Ruined Spellcards
>These Spellcards have been ruined by water and are now useless.
>Shikigami's Radiance: Charming Siege from All Sides (Expended)
>Entraps your foe on all sides, forcing the them backwards if they wish to survive.
>Shikigami's Shot: Unilateral Contact (Expended)
>Sends out many shots, then has them rotate quickly.
>Illusion God: Descent of Izuna Gongen (Water damaged)
>A spellcard that starts simply, and slowly piles on more and more shots until there is hardly any space left.
>2 Onigiri
>Made with bass, they are a filling treat.

>_

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »
>"I'm indeed willing to do just that! Do you perhaps have anything in mind?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »
> "That is actually a very good idea.  I was worrying too much over the matter that I forgot that could resolve the situation as well.  Do you have anything in mind?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 10:00:56 PM »
>"I'm indeed willing to do just that! Do you perhaps have anything in mind?"
> "That is actually a very good idea.  I was worrying too much over the matter that I forgot that could resolve the situation as well.  Do you have anything in mind?"

>"Well, there is something Aya loves as much as her job," says Momiji, "And that's her art. I would suggest trying to appeal to that."

>_