~Beyond the Border~ > Sara's Audio-Visual Import-Overflow Retail
Youtube uploading help
(1/2) > >>
Ghaleon:
I'm trying to upload a video of my battle against Yukari on youtube, but It's proving to be tedious (I've never used youtube before).

First, despite my HD being formatted for NTFS, my fraps chopped up my fight into multiple 4 gig files (sigh). so I had to get a program that could append them all. Second, after I finally did this, I have to figure out a way to make my 20 gig video go down to less than 1gig, or 100 megs or whatever the youtube limit was (I think it was a gig). I did some research and apparently converting to mp4 is the answer. So I try and figure out how to turn my fraps avi video into mp4. I download numerous so-called free programs, but they all say I have to pay money to use that feature or something. I'm personally sick and tired of searching sites endlessly claiming to solve my problem with a useless "free" download that doesn't do what I want.

Can anybody please help me figure out how to convert, or better yet, give me advice on how to make this whole damn fiasco easier in general? (maybe I shouldn't use fraps, maybe I shouldn't have bothered to append, etc, I don't know).
♛ Apher-Forte:
First, you can only upload max 10 minute videos, to be exact under 9.59 minutes.

NO WAY a battle of Yukari can go on for 20GIGS
WTH are you using?

Is this like a MORTAL COMBAT video that lasted in an eternal loop?
LHCling:
Large file size = Raw video file. Use a codec to compress it. 20GB does seem a bit excessive though, especially considering my journey through Stages 1-6 for LLS almost makes 2GB (as a raw).

I don't know of any program that combines video files, save for (ugh) Widows Movie Maker.

EDIT: wait a minute, my video is partially encoded. It's a light encoding designed to sychronize the screen to the file though, otherwise, the capturing jumps all over the place, and completely desyncs.

---

I myself play windowed (and henceforth record windowed), and I use (unregistered) HyperCam 2 to record, use VirtualDub to modify, and apply DivX codec to compress.

Not sure if VirtualDub can combine or not. I can mute and add other things on top though.

EDIT here: oh hey, I can add video files in.
LiteYear:
VirtualDub can combine AVI files.  Open the first part normally, then use the "Append AVI segment" for the subsequent parts.

YouTube has a maximum of 11 minutes, and 1 GB per file, and FRAPS records raw video data (which is why the files are so huge).  You'll have to compress in VirtualDub.  Whatever codec you choose (I use XviD), if you're uploading for HQ, choose just over 1000 kbps for the bit rate, as any higher is a waste.  It is also a good idea to compress the audio, and I use LameMP3 for that (choosing about 256 kbps).  This will reduce even you massive file to no more than about 150 MB.
Ghaleon:

--- Quote from: Manhattan-fairy on June 05, 2009, 07:14:52 AM ---First, you can only upload max 10 minute videos, to be exact under 9.59 minutes.

NO WAY a battle of Yukari can go on for 20GIGS
WTH are you using?

Is this like a MORTAL COMBAT video that lasted in an eternal loop?

--- End quote ---

actually it's 36 gigs lol. It's just an AVI at 60fps. My resolution is probably what cranks it I guess (1600X1200.. not super high but way higher than anything you'd put on youtube).
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version