Author Topic: Face, meet fist. This is Akyu Quest!  (Read 65464 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Face, meet fist. This is Akyu Quest!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »
> Who needs arms from the safe when you can beat shit up with ARMS OF A FAIRY?!?

>We just did this when we disarmed one faerie of her board and beat the other with it. Also when we coldcocked them with their own brass knuckles.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »
>We just did this when we disarmed one faerie of her board and beat the other with it. Also when we coldcocked them with their own brass knuckles.
> A leg of a fairy is fine too

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
> FLYING HIEDA TACKLE

(copy it off of the fairy's charge)

> Developed Move: Flying Hieda Tackle. Complexity: 1. The user launches themselves at the enemy, quickly closing distance and following up with an attack. Defensive capabilities are compromised, but the attack gets additional power behind it.

> You and the fairy smash into each other in mid-air and crash onto the ground.

>If tackle is successful, bareback pin (sit on chest, hold opppnents arms down with legs) and offer a chance to yield.
->If opponent does not yield, go to town.

> Wrestling moves are still a bit too complicated for you (minimum Brawl required: 2).
> However, this doesn't matter much, as the fairy is knocked out by your collision with her.
> You are barely holding it together and your vision is darkened. Everything hurts. Still, you've won your very first fight!

> Battles won: 1.
> Moves learned: Nimble Shift, Flying Hieda Tackle.
> Skills: currently unchanged.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
>Disarm the faeries.
>Do we keep any medicines around that might be helpful for sort of thing? Painkillers, something to keep us from blacking out, healing potions? If so, go partake of those within recommended dosages.

Fightest

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »
>Disarm the faeries.
>Do we keep any medicines around that might be helpful for sort of thing? Painkillers, something to keep us from blacking out, healing potions? If so, go partake of those within recommended dosages.

> You pull off the fairies' brass knuckles. They do not have any other weapons.
> There are the usual salves and ointments for scrapes and bruises, but none of the really potent magical stuff.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »
>Some's better than none. Also get something to drink.

Fightest

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 11:35:46 AM »
> You raid the medicine stash for anything that might help, and then some.
> Acquired Items: Disinfectant, Herbal Painkiller, Bandages. Complexity: 0. These are items that can be used as a general dressing of surface wounds. Won't help much against more serious injuries.
> You apply the disinfectant and bandages to the scalp wound on the back of your head, as well as a rigorous rubbing of disinfectant and painkiller over the rest of your bruises. The painkiller starts to set in, and you already feel a bit better.
> A jug of fresh milk on the counter in the kitchen catches your eye. You take a swig, soothing the burning in your throat.
> You feel exhausted, but not too bad otherwise. A few stars cross your vision every now and then, though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:07:27 PM by Fightest »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »
>Do we have anything to tie the faeries up with?
>Try to recall how that encounter with the first faerie went

Fightest

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 12:07:13 PM »
> You can scrounge up some rope no problem.
> Your mind is very hazy about what happened. Most of it's like a red mist.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
>Hogtie them faeries.
>Have we had red mist moments before?

Fightest

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 01:23:29 PM »
> When you re-enter your study, you find that two of the fairies have disappeared. The one that was huddled in the corner is emitting weak moans and seems to be coming to. You tie her up as well you can, though you're not very good with knots.
> You've been living a peaceful, though sometimes frustrating life, every day of which you remember with perfect clarity. Nothing like this has ever occurred before.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 01:43:57 PM »
> Leave fairy.
> Head for the safe.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Fightest

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »
> You are at the family's prized collection of weapons. It's not a safe but a display, exquisitely arranged to look impressive and imposing, to showcase the more martial aspects of the Hieda family's history. Weapons of all shapes and sizes are arranged here.
> You realise that you have no idea how to use any of these properly, and most are simply much too big for your 10-year-old self. (Minimum Brawling: 2, size penalties might apply to increase this further.)
> A deep humming noise comes from your right as space bends and twists, opening into portal - an infamous sight all across Gensokyo, obviously the work of the youkai known as Yukari. You know not to look closely into the portal, as the legends speak of terrible things that hide there. You hear an annoyed, indistinct voice having a conversation with somebody, becoming clearer and louder as the speaker comes through to this side.
> "...me if I missed it, nobody expected her to..."
> The voice stops just as the speaker finally comes through - a woman only slightly taller than you, wearing the magnificent regalia of a Netherworld Judge. She has a resigned expression on her face, which she quickly turns into her usual impassive stare.
> You know plenty about her, though you've never met her in person - Shikieki Yamaxanadu, one of the great Judges, the final arbiters of the afterlife.
> "Ahem. Congratulations on your first victory, participant insert name-..."
> Her eye twiches just barely, and she quickly glances at a card in her hand.
> "Participant Akyu of the Hieda clan. Your victory points have been recorded into the Tournament Record. The Exalted Administration of the Seven Heavens wishes you great success in your battles, and may you achieve glorious victory."
> She sighs, and the tired expression returns to her face, though she does crack a smile.
> "Seriously though, well done. None of us expected you to break your immunity and join straight in. Such a messy fight as well!"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 03:33:05 PM »
>"Can you explain what exactly is going on here?!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Fightest

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »
> "You mean... you don't know?"
> She slowly facepalms and swears under her breath.
> "This whole tournament has been a stupid idea from the start. All right, I'll tell you what I'm allowed to.
> "Two days ago a set of scrolls appeared all over Gensokyo. Their contents were the rules of a tournament - the tournament you just entered. The victor in the tournament would receive, and I quote, "A Magnificent Artifact of Divine Properties." Some of the fairies found out, and it all went downhill from there, as word in the youkai community spread like wildfire. I would expect the humans who deal with them would know about it as well - the Hakurei Shrine Maiden and the like.
> "I, and a few others, received letters of invitation onto the panel of judges for the tournament. I can't very well ignore an order from Heaven, but some of the others..." she trails off.
> "Anyway, the rules are mostly simple - you win in fights to increase your Standing, and this is judged by me personally. You should be able to see your Standing on the palm of your left hand. If you beat someone with a Standing higher than yours, your own Standing will increase dramatically. If their Standing is lower than yours, you shouldn't expect too many points from that. Fighting the same person multiple times will give progressively less Standing, so variety is encouraged.
> "The tournament is Total Elimination. Competitors drop out only when they're completely and utterly unable to continue fighting, both mentally and physically. This is determined by... another judge. There is no time limit currently.
> "Oh, as for the combat itself - there are pretty much no rules on that, though mutilating your enemies is discouraged. Spellcards are fine, though one of the judges calls them... "sissy." That is about it."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »
> "Well this shaping up to be a really good day..."

Fightest

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
> "Well this shaping up to be a really good day..."

> Shikieki looks puzzled.
> "But... if you didn't know about the tournament, then... why did you join?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »
> "Wouldn't you protect yourself against a hostile fairy who decided to ambush you for no reason in your own home?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
>"I think I passed out, and when I came back into consciousness, I was being attacked by the fairies! But... I can't remember what happened before I woke back up. And that just doesn't happen to me; I remember everything..."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
> "I woke up and suddenly felt really pissed off"

Fightest

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »
> Shikieki frowns.
> "So you weren't actually intending to enter the tournament? That... is unfortunate. As it stands, I cannot do anything about your situation other than wish you good luck."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »
> "Ah well.  I need to let off some pent up rage anyways."

Fightest

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »
> "Well, if you have no more questions, I'll take my leave."
> Shikieki moves to step back into the portal that has been quietly humming behind her.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »
> "S'all good.  Hope to see you on the living side of the Sanzu soon."
> Head out the door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »
>HOLD IT
>"Before you go, does this mean that it is perfectly acceptable to compel others to 'enter' without their consent? Or that simply attacking someone at random makes them an entrant if they are defending themselves? Because I cannot recall what happened at all, but it was surely one of those two situations, I have no interest in this thing."
>Ponder for a moment. "Did you see what happened, or perhaps can read it from my heart?"

Fightest

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
> Shikieki looks thoughtful.
> "The rules state that a person with immunity actually cannot be attacked by a tournament participant. Physically, mentally and metaphorically. That's an absolute law laid down by the Third Heavenly Decree for the tournament. Considering this, I can only deduce that... you started the fight yourself. That's the only way to break an immunity."
> "Unfortunately, none of the judges saw how the fight began. We didn't realise it was even happening until half-way through, when you snatched that fairy's brass knuckles. I would not know how to approach regaining your memory."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2010, 08:40:39 PM »
>"Would this include, say, provocation to attack or leaving the immune person to think they have no choice, especially when they do not understand they are immune or are aware of the tournament at all?"

Fightest

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »
> "Of course, I understand what you're getting at. But that law really prevents any conscious provocation, coercion or entrapment whatsoever by tournament participants."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
>Nod.
>"This is very disturbing. I assume there is no provision for opting out?"
>Check hand, out of curiosity.

Fightest

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
> "I have a lot of sympathy for your situation, but I'm afraid immunity and participation are not in my jurisdiction. The judge who is overseeing those... Well, she's been ignoring the complaints that have been piling up since the first minute, so I'm afraid she probably wouldn't give you the time of day." Shikieki's voice has a hint of disgust in it.
> You look at your left palm. There's nothing there.
> Shikieki notices this as well.
> "Oh, for the love of... Here, I'll do it."
> She touches your hand, and a bright number lights up on it in a light blue colour. The glow fades away, but the number remains.
> Standing: 5.