Author Topic: A New World (book 2) Complete  (Read 52023 times)

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Re: A New World (book 2)
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 02:28:19 AM »
Once again triple postan to end the book.

Yes, I am a bastard.  I know.

So once again feel free to ask me any questions or clarifications, and to give any comments or suggestions for me as I move into the finale.  I always like hearing from people, it helps me continue down the long windy road to completion.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: A New World (book 2) Complete
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
Can't wait for book three~

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
Oh god this is so delicious. I can't wait for book three, either. :D

So once again feel free to ask me any questions or clarifications, and to give any comments or suggestions for me as I move into the finale.

Requesting clarification! Why don't the Lunarians take the Moriya Shrine seriously? They have a goddess of war, after all, and the other god of the shrine is also a fighter. Tainted and impure or whatever, and even limited by the faith they can get, the Moriyas are still experienced in war-making. Not to mention, the shrine maiden is a miracle worker. All of these are dangerous occupations for an enemy to have.

Or did the Lunarians just fall into their conceit again?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »
Requesting clarification! Why don't the Lunarians take the Moriya Shrine seriously? They have a goddess of war, after all, and the other god of the shrine is also a fighter. Tainted and impure or whatever, and even limited by the faith they can get, the Moriyas are still experienced in war-making. Not to mention, the shrine maiden is a miracle worker. All of these are dangerous occupations for an enemy to have.

Or did the Lunarians just fall into their conceit again?
The details of that will actually be explained in the first chapter of book 3.  The Lunarians might think the Moriya shrine is out of the fight, but the Moriya shrine doesn't believe that.

The short form though is that gods have to obey rules.  Some more the others.  And sadly the Lunarians know those rules.

Shou actually could have been kept out of the fight similarly if it weren't for the fact that Bishamonten is allowed to get vengeance on anyone who attacks a Buddhist temple.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:49:42 PM by IcedFairy »

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if the current shrine maiden is a living god, unless Sanae wasn't an exception to the rule. But yeah, the Moriya shrine could be a contender, especially if Iced goes with a "Tag Dream" esque Suwako (EXTREMELY dirty fighter).

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 03:40:03 AM »
Would I be correct in guessing that
Spoiler:
Akiyoshi is the reincarnation of Youmu? He inherited "his mother's frame," he has more integrity, and the way he chose to defy The Plan was to guard the entrance to Hakugyokuro. Yuyuko did say that Youmu's soul ended up in a strange place.
If I'm right, I'm not looking forward to the confrontation at the gate -- even if Yuyuko would be the only one who could fully appreciate the situation.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 04:08:27 AM »
Would I be correct in guessing that
Spoiler:
Akiyoshi is the reincarnation of Youmu? He inherited "his mother's frame," he has more integrity, and the way he chose to defy The Plan was to guard the entrance to Hakugyokuro. Yuyuko did say that Youmu's soul ended up in a strange place.
If I'm right, I'm not looking forward to the confrontation at the gate -- even if Yuyuko would be the only one who could fully appreciate the situation.
Clever.
You've gotten almost all the puzzle pieces, except the last one Yuyuko let drop.  Though that one'll be more obvious in hindsight.

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 04:14:35 AM »
Clever.
You've gotten almost all the puzzle pieces, except the last one Yuyuko let drop.  Though that one'll be more obvious in hindsight.
Well, should be an interesting way of doing the Youmu/Sakuya pairing  :3

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 04:52:59 AM »
Well, should be an interesting way of doing the Youmu/Sakuya pairing  :3
Clever.
Yuyuko pulled out her fan and pouted.  ?But Youmi, I've arranged an omiai with a nice young man that day.  It would be so difficult to reschedule.?

Oh my, omiai. Well, Yuyuko said Youmu was almost pure before, and did seem awfully certain that Youmi would have heirs...

Also, I'm curious why nobody's plans seem to include engaging the Lunarians before they land. Jiyuwon escaped from Hitomi in some sort of craft, and Flandre was able to destroy a meteor in Bohemian Archive.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:51:17 PM by Eriaku »

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:16 PM »
Also, I'm curious why nobody's plans seem to include engaging the Lunarians before they land. Jiyuwon escaped from Hitomi in some sort of craft, and Flandre was able to destroy a meteor in Bohemian Archive.
Jiyuwon used the rather inefficient lunar curtain because he was on a undercover mission.  No one on the moon would notice if one of those goes missing (as Reisen II proved in CiLR).  The Lunarians attacking now don't need to keep their movements secret from the moon so they'll be using the more efficiant lunar transports.

In addition there's no real advantage to dueling in the sky.  Everyone can fly, and most youkai don't have Flandre's insane range.  Terrain advantage is going to be better then flying up high and hoping your fight draws more friendly youkai then hostile Lunarians.