Author Topic: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 88713 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #720 on: January 23, 2010, 12:38:35 AM »
>"Ok then, thank you. So, odds are we should talk to Nue next. Just to be on the safe side, you are pretty sure Byakuren herself has nothing to do with this?"

>"That is what I would do. I don't believe Byakuren does," says Patchouli. "But I may be assuming prematurely."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #721 on: January 23, 2010, 12:40:37 AM »
> "In any case, thank you for your time."
> Ask Marisa if she might know where Nue is.
> Bid Marisa and Patchouli farewell.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #722 on: January 23, 2010, 12:45:15 AM »
> "In any case, thank you for your time."
> Ask Marisa if she might know where Nue is.
> Bid Marisa and Patchouli farewell.

>Patchouli nods.
>"Nue?" Marisa calls back, totally disregarding the tradition of keeping quiet in libraries, "If she's not hanging around Shou's Clothes or Byakuren, she's probably in the Ancient City."
>You bid the two of them farewell. "Before you go," says Patchouli, "I require a few things of you."

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #723 on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:26 AM »
>"I'm willing to help, always, but...wasn't that a little presumptuous? Then again, I suppose we did something similar, ne? What would you like?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #724 on: January 23, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
>"I'm willing to help, always, but...wasn't that a little presumptuous? Then again, I suppose we did something similar, ne? What would you like?"

>"Quite." says Patchouli. You aren't certain what she was agreeing with. "You will be rewarded, do not worry. The first thing I need is the most important. If you should find yourself at the Moriya Shrine, I require Kanako and Suwako's blessings. Suwako's should not be hard to obtain, I did her a favor. Kanako, you may have to do something. I will reward you, as I said. It is important, however, that you secure them for me, not yourself. I require it for a very important spell I am working on."
>"Secondly, if you are going underground, ask Satori to send us more advice on animal care. What she has given us so far has proven invaluable. As well, make certain the Prismrivers haven't killed each other yet. I put more effort than I am comfortable talking about trying to get them back together."
>"Actually," says Marisa, as she approaches the table with a frighteningly large armload of books. "I have something I want to ask of you as well."
>"Oh for the love of..." Patchouli puts her fingers to her forehead. "You're not going to ask her to do that."
>"Oh yes I am," says Marisa, then she looks to you. "That is, if you'd be interested, Reisen? Patchy has asked a lot of you already."

>_

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #725 on: January 23, 2010, 01:06:22 AM »
> "Why not, I'm a helper."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #726 on: January 23, 2010, 01:06:52 AM »
>"The first thing we can do easily, but if Kanako requests too much of us, we will have to inform you of this and let that one go. Fair enough?"
>"The second seems rather easy as well"
>Blush a little before replying to Marisa "umu...w-what would you like of a rabbit like me, Marisa?"
>Cast gaze downward.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #727 on: January 23, 2010, 01:14:50 AM »
>Blush a little before replying to Marisa "umu...w-what would you like of a rabbit like me, Marisa?"
>Cast gaze downward.

> Wait, I thought we were trying to discourage people thinking this about us.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #728 on: January 23, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
> "Why not, I'm a helper."

>"The first thing we can do easily, but if Kanako requests too much of us, we will have to inform you of this and let that one go. Fair enough?"
>"The second seems rather easy as well"
>Cast gaze downward.

>"Agreed," says Patchouli to your conditions. "I may have more work for you later, if you're interested."
>You then try your best to be cool and collected to Marisa, but it just doesn't work. "It's about our friend, Alice," says Marisa. "She spends so much of her time alone, surrounded by her dolls. Patchy and I are pretty much her only real friends. And, I think that since we started collaborating, Alice might feel a little bit left out. So...I'd like you to try to find someone for Alice. Don't tell her, obviously, or she'll never go for it. But she really does need a special someone."

> Wait, I thought we were trying to discourage people thinking this about us.

>It's hard to stare in the face of those abs and not be humbled.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #729 on: January 23, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
>You then try your best to be cool and collected to Marisa, but it just doesn't work. "It's about our friend, Alice," says Marisa. "She spends so much of her time alone, surrounded by her dolls. Patchy and I are pretty much her only real friends. And, I think that since we started collaborating, Alice might feel a little bit left out. So...I'd like you to try to find someone for Alice. Don't tell her, obviously, or she'll never go for it. But she really does need a special someone."

>"Well, first, why can't she collaborate with you two? Secondly, what do you mean 'find someone for Alice'? Like Heterosexual life partner, a lover, a friend, a co conspirator?"

Chaore

« Reply #730 on: January 23, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
> Misinterpret Marisa's words in the obvious fashion. And then the other obvious fashion. Then the -third- obvious fashion.
> After subsequent 'No! No! That is not whats going on', tell Marisa to word more carefully.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #731 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:26 AM »
> "What about Medicine? I might be able to get in touch with her, assuming she has control over her poison."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #732 on: January 23, 2010, 01:26:43 AM »
> "What about Medicine? I might be able to get in touch with her, assuming she has control over her poison."

>Oh, man.

Chaore

« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2010, 01:27:41 AM »
>Oh, man.
>I know dude, But we can't meta, Bro.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #734 on: January 23, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »
> Misinterpret Marisa's words in the obvious fashion. And then the other obvious fashion. Then the -third- obvious fashion.
> After subsequent 'No! No! That is not whats going on', tell Marisa to word more carefully.

>Marisa laughs as you misapprehend. "I didn't necessarily mean you. Though if you took an honest interest, I wouldn't object."

>"Well, first, why can't she collaborate with you two? Secondly, what do you mean 'find someone for Alice'? Like Heterosexual life partner, a lover, a friend, a co conspirator?"

>"We're working outside the range of her specialties," says Patchouli. "And few things are as insulting as forcing a magician of any stripe to be a third wheel in such projects."
>"A friend at least," Marisa says after Patchouli explains. "But if you could find a lover, that would be even better."

>"I don't know if Medicine would like her," says Patchouli. "She has rather strong views of dolls. And she's made of poison, I don't imagine it would end well even if they did get along."

>_

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #735 on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:20 AM »
> Well, Alice is rather pretty...not worth throwing the idea out entirely.
> "Do you have any other ideas? I could go into this blind, sure, but you know her better than I do."
> Add Quest: Make Alice A Friend

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #736 on: January 23, 2010, 01:35:48 AM »
>"And just which sex does Alice prefer anyway?"

Chaore

« Reply #737 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:09 AM »
> On top of that, she is amazingly hot when angry.
> Then again, She might not ev- Oh who are we kidding, Seven-Colored Puppeteer?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #738 on: January 23, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »
> Hang on, hang on. The Seven-Coloured Puppeteer. If nothing else, she'd be a valuable ally in the war against Tewi, her craft demands talent for subtlety and precision.
> Contemplate attempting to befriend Alice and inviting her along on our day's journeys.

Chaore

« Reply #739 on: January 23, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »
>If anything, She could scare the crap outta Tewi well enough. This voice approves.
>Lets make friends~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #740 on: January 23, 2010, 01:43:40 AM »
> Well, Alice is rather pretty...not worth throwing the idea out entirely.
> "Do you have any other ideas? I could go into this blind, sure, but you know her better than I do."
> Add Quest: Make Alice A Friend

>She is kinda pretty, but she wasn't very nice the time she invaded Eientei with Marisa. Then again, no one was.
>"She's a hermit who surrounds herself with dolls," says Patchouli. "She's a good friend, she honestly is, but she's got issues with being around groups."
>"She can be pretty cold," says Marisa. "But she does it mostly to keep up appearances."

>"And just which sex does Alice prefer anyway?"

>You feel like a dope for thinking of asking this. It ranks with asking if she eats food or breathes air.

> On top of that, she is amazingly hot when angry.
> Then again, She might not ev- Oh who are we kidding, Seven-Colored Puppeteer?

>Well, maybe if you weren't on the receiving end...

> Hang on, hang on. The Seven-Coloured Puppeteer. If nothing else, she'd be a valuable ally in the war against Tewi, her craft demands talent for subtlety and precision.
> Contemplate attempting to befriend Alice and inviting her along on our day's journeys.

>You could certainly catch Tewi off guard with that. But you'd have to get her to agree to it.

>If anything, She could scare the crap outta Tewi well enough. This voice approves.
>Lets make friends~

>Really, just frightening Tewi would be good enough, wouldn't it?

>_

Chaore

« Reply #741 on: January 23, 2010, 01:45:23 AM »
> Sex can also mean gender, Silly parser. In fact, the two are interchangeable.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #742 on: January 23, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
> Sex can also mean gender, Silly parser. In fact, the two are interchangeable
>Not really.
>Does Alice like males or females?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #743 on: January 23, 2010, 01:50:27 AM »
>If she likes males, we're basically stuck with trying to hook her up with Rinnosuke.
>So, assuming she likes girls... who in the world Gensokyo would be a good match for her, anyway? With the obvious choices (Marisa/Patchy/Medicine) out, I can't really think of anyone who really matches...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #744 on: January 23, 2010, 01:50:55 AM »
>If she likes males, we're basically stuck with trying to hook her up with Rinnosuke.
>So, assuming she likes girls... who in the world Gensokyo would be a good match for her, anyway? With the obvious choices (Marisa/Patchy/Medicine) out, I can't really think of anyone who really matches...

>There are males in the human village, you know.

Chaore

« Reply #745 on: January 23, 2010, 01:52:20 AM »
>Not really.

>Sure they are! For example, Would you like some gender?

>There are males in the human village, you know.

>Templates like that are forbidden.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #746 on: January 23, 2010, 01:55:01 AM »
> Sex can also mean gender, Silly parser. In fact, the two are interchangeable.

>What is wrong with you.

>Not really.

>She lives in Gensokyo. This is not rocket surgery.

>You're pretty sure Rinnosuke is not into women, anyways. You don't know if he's into anything.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #747 on: January 23, 2010, 01:57:09 AM »
>But is it brain science?
>And Reimu likes boys...I think?

Chaore

« Reply #748 on: January 23, 2010, 01:58:00 AM »
>But is it brain science?
>And Reimu likes boys...I think?

>In fact, I'm sure that exact line was stated. By the parser even.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #749 on: January 23, 2010, 01:59:02 AM »
>Perhaps... Koakuma, or Ran? I went through the list and these are the ones who seemed the least ridiculous...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore