Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 176265 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #750 on: January 17, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »

She's probably only going to say 'whatever' and try and leave the world.

> Good, then she'll be out of our hair. Which still needs cutting, actually.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #751 on: January 17, 2010, 07:15:46 PM »
> Kimontonkou
> Flight of Idaten
> Flight of Idaten
> Flight of Idaten
> Switch in Conc'd Marisa and MASTER SPARK!!

Man, You miss that labyrinth. It had all that cool crap to use.

> I leave for a bit and we get into a fight we had no reason to have in the first place.
> Unsummon ROC, let the dude rest.
> Walk back up the the shrine, hands raised. If we get shot at, scamper, if not, proceed until we're in shouting distance.
> "Okay, you got me. How about this? You don't help me and don't become the new Shrine Maiden, and this world collapses, taking you with it. You feel you prefer that alternative?"

You dust off your hands. You'd unsummon THE ROC, but he already bailed. You then march straight off to the shrine again. You're pretty much sure you can feel the looks of disbelief. The air is still colored, but instead a sicking purple haze. You don't see anything coming at you, so you march right back outside of the shrine and shout.

You get silence for a few moments, and then perhaps the best laugh out of a villian you've ever heard. She comes straight out to look at you with a grin. "You really don't get it, do you? I thought when you ran even you could tell. NOTHING is going to stop me now, cat! With this and the barrier's power, the outside world will be incapable of destroying me anyway. Its just more to take over! So what if this stupid barrier collapses? I don't honestly give a shit about all of you! Go die if you want, I'll be fine!" She then laughs and waves a hand. You can't see it, but you can feel it. Its staring at you, hidden in the haze. Or maybe it IS the haze.

"Go ahead. I'm feeling charitable. You obviously aren't suicidal. You're just weak. So what if you can reach me? You can't HURT me.".

You turn around and walk away. You don't get doomblasted on your way back, so you have to assume shes letting you go. You reach the army again. You'd say they're fairly surprised.

> If Fightest plan fails....head to Youkai Mountain, to the Tengu Village. I think a certain Oni would be more than willing to let Meira hear a piece of her mind..... Nobody touches her girlfriend's Shrine!

You prepare to head to the Youkai mountain, Bidding Cirno and Wriggle farewell. ...You sweatdrop a few moments after you realize THE ROC isn't coming. Seems like he needs a vacation. You will be grounded for a bit, so going to the UNDERGROUND and TENGU VILLAGE will not be too possible.

> Good, then she'll be out of our hair. Which still needs cutting, actually.

Unfortunately, Both of that hasn't seemed to be true.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #752 on: January 17, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »
> Fast foward to the Tengu Village.
> Have we already asked the fairies where Hina is? Meh, Cirno was there when we asked Wriggle. If they saw her Cirno would have told it....

Chaore

« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »
> Fast foward to the Tengu Village.
> Have we already asked the fairies where Hina is? Meh, Cirno was there when we asked Wriggle. If they saw her Cirno would have told it....

>You don't know the UNABLE in UNABLE TO GO TO do you.

You haven't, but you're pretty sure Cirno would've told you.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #754 on: January 17, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
>Go back and ask Cirno

The five magic rolling stones

Chaore

« Reply #755 on: January 17, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
>Go back and ask Cirno

For the sake of it, You go back and ask Cirno.

"Eh? Nope. None of us saw 'er since the whole fiasco. Its like shes missing to the whole world... Or well, Dead."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #756 on: January 17, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »
> Ask her how she became strong enough to defeat an eldtrich abomination.

Chaore

« Reply #757 on: January 17, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
> Ask her how she became strong enough to defeat an eldritch abomination.

"Eh? What do you mean became, Eye'm the strongest!"

"I don't think she actually defeated it, though. You just put up a wall of Ice to slow it down, and it stopped after that. Right?"

"Uhhhh..."

"I'll give that was impressive though, Whatever that is... I don't think its something brute force would stop."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #758 on: January 17, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »
> 'Say Wriggle, are there any magicians or sorcerors left in the forest of magic?'

Fightest

« Reply #759 on: January 17, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »
> So, this Meira person wants to see the world burn around her? Stupid girl. Let's give her what she wants.
> Start experimenting with the barrier. What can go through and what can't?

Chaore

« Reply #760 on: January 17, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
> 'Say Wriggle, are there any magicians or sorcerors left in the forest of magic?'

Everyone looks at you with a look of surprise. You glance around awkwardly for a second or two before Cirno speaks up.

"C...Chen, that isn't a good joke, Y'know? I mean..."

Wriggle holds a hand up for Cirno to stop.

"Chen, You seriously don't remember who is left in the forest of magic?"

> So, this Meira person wants to see the world burn around her? Stupid girl. Let's give her what she wants.
> Start experimenting with the barrier. What can go through and what can't?

She does seem rather Self-Centered. You do try to see if a few rocks and such can go through- It seems like its a standard fair block most anything barrier. The obvious exceptions tend to be air.

"Chen! This is serious!"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
> 'Ummmm...is it a bad thing I don't know? I was kinda out of touch with the news for a while.... So, who's there?'

Chaore

« Reply #762 on: January 17, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »
> 'Ummmm...is it a bad thing I don't know? I was kinda out of touch with the news for a while.... So, who's there?'

Everyone looks at each other, than at Wriggle. Wriggle sighs and firmly grabs you by the shoulders.

"Chen. Marisa wants to KILL YOU. She has said if you ever step near the Forest of Magic again, she'll kill you. You've been going to the Forest without knowing this? We assumed she told you..."

Wait.

Quote from: Chen
> "What?! Why!"

"I... We don't really know. If we bring you up, she just gets mad and unreasonable. I guess it has something to do with well...you know. She hasn't left the forest since, and while shes not exactly mean shes... Hell, its like she doesn't really care much about anything. You're pretty much the only thing outside of the forest she cares about, and she wants to see you -dead-. How haven't you heard of this?"

No. Wait. Didn't you know it was Dangerous? You're sure you knew, but... Why didn't you?

You know something isn't right with your memory now. Did SHE do something?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #763 on: January 17, 2010, 09:47:24 PM »
> 'But I didn't even know she was alive! How should I have known she was out to murder me? And the one who caused this is gone now (lies), so should she really be keeping such a grudge?'
> 'Is there anything else I'm supposed to know? Like the fate of the other magicians and several youkai?'

Fightest

« Reply #764 on: January 17, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »
> Sigh. This was expected after those huge lapses. Put [unconfirmed] next to every casualty, even those we remember, except those that we've seen in the past day.
> Does smoke cross Meira's barrier?

Chaore

« Reply #765 on: January 17, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »
> 'But I didn't even know she was alive! How should I have known she was out to murder me? And the one who caused this is gone now (lies), so should she really be keeping such a grudge?'
> 'Is there anything else I'm supposed to know? Like the fate of the other magicians and several youkai?'

Wriggle nods with a sigh. "My thoughts exactly. Shes just...unreasonably stubborn about almost everything, really. And well... Nothing to the level of Marisa, I'm pretty sure. Jeez, I'm just glad you asked us."

> Sigh. This was expected after those huge lapses. Put [unconfirmed] next to every casualty, even those we remember, except those that we've seen in the past day.
> Does smoke cross Meira's barrier?

> Mwahaha.

You ponder, That would certainly let Suika in to help you. You try to start a fire at the base of the barrier with a little help. You get it going. ...It seems like only half the smoke gets through. The other half is repelled.

You're not sure if Suika could override that though... Or, Hell, If getting chopped in half kills an Oni. Given what Yuugi has done, You've reason to wonder.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #766 on: January 17, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
> Well, if smoke goes through, why not start a fire around the barrier and blow the smoke inside the barrier. That way Meira can't escape and she'll slowly suffocate.

Chaore

« Reply #767 on: January 17, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
> Well, if smoke goes through, why not start a fire around the barrier and blow the smoke inside the barrier. That way Meira can't escape and she'll slowly suffocate.

Well, You'd certainly force her to come after you.

Given your track record so far, You're not sure that would end well. There might just be a better way to do this.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #768 on: January 17, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »
> Well, onto Suika it is then.
> And if all plans fail, we'd still have an emergency plan, though that alternative would probably make everything worse.... ('Ohhhh, Mistress, there is a new wanna-be shrine hero who says you stink!')

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #769 on: January 17, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »
> "This is officially the second worst day of my life."
> Ponder if there is anyone else who holds a murderous grudge.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #770 on: January 17, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »
> Well, onto Suika it is then.
> And if all plans fail, we'd still have an emergency plan, though that alternative would probably make everything worse.... ('Ohhhh, Mistress, there is a new wanna-be shrine hero who says you stink!')

You'd really hate to have to rely on her, especially with the panic it'd cause. You're sure Suika could...probably handle it? You hope?

For now though, You might want to work on something else while THE ROC rests. It'd be a terrible waste of time.

> "This is officially the second worst day of my life."
> Ponder if there is anyone else who holds a murderous grudge.

Wriggle chuckles. "I'm afraid of what it'll take to be the worst."

You're not sure. I mean, Marisa is a surprise. Why would anyone else hate you?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #771 on: January 17, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
> Go to the SDM and visit Demon. Maybe she can offer you a magic tome about disspelling barriers.

Chaore

« Reply #772 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »
> Go to the SDM and visit Demon. Maybe she can offer you a magic tome about disspelling barriers.

You head off for the SDM. You find Demon in the library, sipping her own cup of tea. Many more cups appear to have been added to the desk...

"Hello!"

You ask about books on barrier dispelling.

"Eh? What kind? Barriers can be difficult to break depending on the user and type, most do-all types fizzle without substantial magic power or a weak barrier."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #773 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:48 PM »
> 'A pretty powerful and invisible one. It seems pretty solid, no runes or crackling. The one who made it does fill it up with a dark, ominous mist before summoning beasts. It's also created through the power of the Shrine Maiden. The one who erected this barrier has stolen the Maiden's power. I hope you see the graveness of this situation.'

Chaore

« Reply #774 on: January 17, 2010, 11:15:24 PM »
> 'A pretty powerful and invisible one. It seems pretty solid, no runes or crackling. The one who made it does fill it up with a dark, ominous mist before summoning beasts. It's also created through the power of the Shrine Maiden. The one who erected this barrier has stolen the Maiden's power. I hope you see the graveness of this situation.'

"Eh?! That sound pretty bad! Hmm... I don't know, It sounds like a pretty high-level knockoff of the Shrine-Maiden's barriers. I don't think she exactly used those paper things for it, but given the situation that is probably it. Breaking it would be pretty tough, Even for mistress~

What kind of beasts did she summon, though? If you're able to break into her barrier, you could probably beat her up otherwise~"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #775 on: January 17, 2010, 11:23:56 PM »
> 'I couldn't catch a glimps myself of it myself, but the other fairies and insects couldn't describe it. They said it was some kind of transdimensional abomination, vaguely shaped like a lizard. We could chase it awayy with an ice barrier, but the sheer evil it radiated clearly told me it's very powerful. The one who summoned the beast and erected the barrier isn't a joke either. The familiar you gave me got heavily injured because of her. She's human, yet worse than any youkai in existence....well, with one exception ofcourse.'

Chaore

« Reply #776 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
> 'I couldn't catch a glimpse myself of it myself, but the other fairies and insects couldn't describe it. They said it was some kind of transdimensional abomination, vaguely shaped like a lizard. We could chase it away with an ice barrier, but the sheer evil it radiated clearly told me it's very powerful. The one who summoned the beast and erected the barrier isn't a joke either. The familiar you gave me got heavily injured because of her. She's human, yet worse than any youkai in existence....well, with one exception ofcourse.'

"So you never saw it? ...transdimensional? Wait, How is it possible she has something like that? I'd buy it being blended by the colored mist, but something like what you're describing sound sheerly odd."

Fightest

« Reply #777 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:37 PM »
> Plan to get rid of Meira: smoke her out. If she comes after us, just leave, she's only one person, we're an army of bugs and fairies. She'll tire out before we do. Surround the barrier, then start fires just outside across the whole circumference, the barrier will keep some of the smoke inside itself, allowing it to accumulate. Don't even bother fighting her.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #778 on: January 17, 2010, 11:34:45 PM »
> "I'd ask Marisa for help with this, but I just learned she's got some kind of murderous vendetta against me...  Have you heard anything about me before or after the incident?  I may have had some lapses in memory..."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #779 on: January 17, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »
> 'I'm not sure how she was capable of making that thing, but I think she corrupted the Maiden's power to summon the power of the gods, bringing in horrific beings instead. The Bug Queen described it quite accurately as 'something that should have never existed'. To think she can do this with the Maiden's power. I knew the Maiden was strong, but this is ridiculous! A person like her should never have this might....'

I'm happy Meira doesn't know Fantasy Heaven, or else she'll be effectively invincible.......She doesn't know about it, right? ....Right?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:41:52 PM by OkashiiNaito »