Author Topic: Touhou not working on Windows 7? Click here.  (Read 96537 times)

Kanako Yasaka

Touhou not working on Windows 7? Click here.
« on: December 26, 2009, 02:02:58 AM »
None of the games will even start up. UFO will show the loading screen, but that's it. ;_;
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:21:28 AM by Matsuri »

Matsuri

Re: Touhou on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 02:07:34 AM »
I never had any issues. Do you still have the necessary drivers, and are you using AppLocale/did you set your locale to Japanese?

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 02:11:17 AM »
I figured that AppLocale wouldn't be necessary but I might as well try it.

Matsuri

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 02:12:13 AM »
Frankly it's easier to just set your locale to Japanese and be done with it :P

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 02:45:58 AM »
That worked, thanks. I wish I could delete my own thread.

Matsuri

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 03:12:49 AM »
Why? This could actually work brilliantly for those who are switching to Windows 7 in the future. I almost feel like making this a sticky topic, but I'll leave that up to lgb for now.

Actually, I'll sticky it after all. If lgb (or anyone else, for that matter) doesn't like it, they're absolutely free to remove it.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:22:15 AM by Matsuri »

LuciChan

Re: Touhou not working on Windows 7? Click here.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
I have windows 7 and I have troubleshoot. I already put my location to japanese and everytime I open danmaku. It says that the program is experiencing troubleshoot

gabrielwoj

• Is that someone did a 2D Touhou?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
Same here, but only on Touhou 12.5!
Image on the Avatar by: xephonia-d35lvsi

Sejha

• I think Im a game dev. And Musician.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 12:49:45 AM »
You need to run it as an administrator, or turn off the function completely. You do not need Applocale for any of the Touhou games at all.
I've evolved a lot. When did I make this account again?

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »
My english patched MoF and SA suddenly stopped working. The not patched .exe file still starts up without any issues, as do the patched and unpatched config.exe.
This happened pretty recently, not directly after me changing to Windows 7, but not too much after that either, so I consider it beeing some Win7 issue. Any ideas?

I also tried repatching the games, but that didn't change anything. All other games still work patched and unpatched.

Edit: Solved the problem by redownloading the patches and patching again after deleting all files related to the old patch.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:21:54 PM by Black-Cat »
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
Hello! I'm currently using Windows 7....Toshiba, and I've found that, on rare occasions, SA and UFO will suddenly not work.

The little icon at the bottom shows up, but not the actual window-in short, it starts up completely normal except for the window that I have to use to see and play on, ahaha~

Actually, it's quite funny-if you hover over the icon on the toolbar, it'll show a  small 'preview' screen as if you can 'restore it', but it won't let you. So, naturally, I've been playing 'let's play touhou without seeing where I'm going.' Fun times.

I've been deleting the cfg. file on the games, and it usually seems to fix the problem(with the downside of having to re-set the volume and the chance of it occurring again) . my question, though, is if there's a reason behind this? and has anyone else faced this problem to find a more permanent solution?

thanks guys! :'D

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 02:51:40 PM »
Are you playing in windowed mode ? If so try fullscreen.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:34:23 AM »
My patched EoSD freezes in the startup screen for some reason. It worked fine before, but then it suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled then reinstalled everything, but it still won't work. And don't even get me started on the unpatched one.
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »
I got W7 and its balls.
Keeps saying I'm missing various d3dx9 files which I installed, but it won't read them or something.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc110/Cadmas/susk.png

Downloading the full direct x 9 fixed it. Downloading single dll files is really stupid. Lesson learned. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:31:03 PM by Cadmas »

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 11:15:35 PM »
I got W7 and its balls.
Keeps saying I'm missing various d3dx9 files which I installed, but it won't read them or something.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc110/Cadmas/susk.png

Downloading the full direct x 9 fixed it. Downloading single dll files is really stupid. Lesson learned.

What file do you need from microsoft's site and install for the "full DX9"? I'm preparing to install windows 7 64 bit on a new computer in the next few days and I'm planning my reinstallation of touhou games. I plan to install them all fresh and freshly patch/english patch them. I hope that's all I have to do. I might set my locale as japanese, where is the setting for that in 7 as opposed to XP? I don't think I'll try applocale for the same reason I didn't on XP - I use the japanese typing bar within explorer / ime pad and the only way for full support of it and japanese text in a few of my programs was to set my regional language options to japanese. And does annex86 perform properly on 7 for the pre windows games?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 11:47:39 PM »
Hello! I'm currently using Windows 7....Toshiba, and I've found that, on rare occasions, SA and UFO will suddenly not work.

The little icon at the bottom shows up, but not the actual window-in short, it starts up completely normal except for the window that I have to use to see and play on, ahaha~

Actually, it's quite funny-if you hover over the icon on the toolbar, it'll show a  small 'preview' screen as if you can 'restore it', but it won't let you. So, naturally, I've been playing 'let's play touhou without seeing where I'm going.' Fun times.

I've been deleting the cfg. file on the games, and it usually seems to fix the problem(with the downside of having to re-set the volume and the chance of it occurring again) . my question, though, is if there's a reason behind this? and has anyone else faced this problem to find a more permanent solution?

thanks guys! :'D

Reinstall the game, otherwise you're stuck with fullscreen. Don't know why this happens exactly.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 04:24:08 AM »
SWR English is simply not loading. The mouse shows the "loading" animation, and I can run SWR Japnese just fine. It didn't even work when I reinstalled everything from the CD. I've got both th105.exe and th105e.exe running in XP SP3 compatibility and Administrator mode, and still nothing's working.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
Are you sure the patch installer you have works okay?  Try re-downloading and reinstalling it (from a fresh SWR installation).

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »
Yes, insofar as it's the exact same file that worked perfectly on XP. And I just went through reinstalling SWR and all its patches, so yes this is a fresh installation.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »
Try (re)installing DirectX 9.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
Okay, as I said, the Japanese version works fine, but ...

Okay, that installer said "a newer or equivalent version is already installed."

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
I had the same problem...

Try (re)installing DirectX 9.

this and try "Compatibility Mode" set to XP SP3

Every English Patch is working on my pc, except th7.5

can you take a look into the windows application logfiles? You should see some information about what is missing or crashed, when you run an application
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:58:48 PM by Dorakyura »

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »
this and try "Compatibility Mode" set to XP SP3
I've got both th105.exe and th105e.exe running in XP SP3 compatibility and Administrator mode,

As for the Windows event, here's all I was able to find:

Quote from: Error
Faulting application name: th105.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x48d7847b
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x71afff7c
Faulting process id: 0x944
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc3cbed258bac7
Faulting application path: D:\<SNIP>\10.5 Scarlet Weather Rhapsody\th105.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 11452cff-a8b2-11e0-a828-e0cb4e5afed8
Quote from: Information
Fault bucket 1405850924, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: th105.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 48d7847b
P4: StackHash_0a9e
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: 71afff7c
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\<SNIP>\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBD00.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\<SNIP>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_th105.exe_6713ecb6159728ae87bf6df23161a10c7be742d_1372d447

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 11452cff-a8b2-11e0-a828-e0cb4e5afed8
Report Status: 0
So ... running th105e.exe is apparently causing th105.exe to silently crash ... even though th105.exe works fine by itself.

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 06:34:42 AM »
well, that's exactly the same error I get with 7.5 english patch, I havn't been able to fix it yet

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 06:37:53 AM »
Now that I check it, I can't get IaMP's English patch to work, either, and IaMP-Japanese works fine~

EDIT: I'm pretty much throwing science at the wall to see what sticks now, but I tried opening th105e.exe with AppLocale, and there was no change.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:39:49 AM by KimikoMuffin »

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 03:27:23 AM »
Right, so I can't get Touhou 12 to start up. I've tried with my Locale set to Japan, and I've tried with both the original .exe file and the english patched version. I'm assuming that it's the same error message, so here's the error I get in English.

I looked in the file, and lo and behold, I don't have a th12.cfg file. So, I uninstalled everything, put the disc back in, and retried. Still no th12.cfg file.

So, either this thing isn't installing properly, or my disc is lacking the config file. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Having the same exact problem with Touhou 11, except with th11.cfg instead of th12.cfg.

Edit again: Wouldn't you know it, same problem with Touhou 9.

I'm thinking this is way too many coincidences for it to be defective disks, so it's got to be my computer. But, Touhou 10 installed just fine... BUt now, even it's not working.

So, for whatever reason, my computer is destroying config files. Or something.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:49:01 AM by Squawkers »

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 04:59:36 AM »
The config file is automatically created by the game itself.  You may want to try running the game in Compatibility mode (for WinXP SP3).  Also, check in c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\<progfiles>\<touhou folder>\<game folder>\ for the config files, they should be created there instead.  If you have a 64-bit OS "progfiles" should be "Program Files (x86)", if not it'll just be "Program Files".  Also, the "touhou" and "game" folders should be the same text as the folders the game installed into (could be mojibake).

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 05:09:55 AM »
The config file is automatically created by the game itself.  You may want to try running the game in Compatibility mode (for WinXP SP3).  Also, check in c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\<progfiles>\<touhou folder>\<game folder>\ for the config files, they should be created there instead.  If you have a 64-bit OS "progfiles" should be "Program Files (x86)", if not it'll just be "Program Files".  Also, the "touhou" and "game" folders should be the same text as the folders the game installed into (could be mojibake).

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have an AppDate file in my username file. But, the thing is, I can get to Programfiles (x86) just from the C drive, which is where the games have been installing, and the .cfg files aren't in the game folders, unless I'm somehow missing it.

Also, how does one run compatibility mode in Windows 7?

What's odd about the whole thing is that Touhou 10 was running just fine until today. I'm inclined to believe it's some sort of virus, so I've been running Avira and Mbam for an hour or so.

...Although, it would be nice if that weren't the case.  :ohdear:

I do appreciate the help.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 05:29:52 AM »
Umm, "username" is your username in Windows, then look for AppData.  This is where your config files should really be stored on a Vista/Win7 system, not in the same folder as the game program.

Right-click the game's shortcut on your desktop and click Properties, you should have a bunch of different options to mess will.  You can also try running the game as Administrator too.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 05:39:16 AM »
Umm, "username" is your username in Windows, then look for AppData.  This is where your config files should really be stored on a Vista/Win7 system, not in the same folder as the game program.

Yeah, that's where I was looking. There was no AppData folder.

Fortunately, however, your other suggestion of running it as the Administrator seems to have worked. Thanks!