Author Topic: Yukkuri Mafia - Successfully took it easy! -  (Read 73349 times)

Re: Yukkuri Mafia - Socking it easy on Day 2! -
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2009, 09:07:42 AM »
The list of winners Pesco presented to us only had one thing in common. They all said they were going to take it easy. If we're going to be using it as some sort of indication then I want to take it easy with Pesco~.

As much as you're my bro and I love you, I don't appreciate o~ swimming into my c
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 09:13:25 AM by Pesco »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »
Trying to read-up easy, while preparing for a not-so-easy review meeting.
I'll be postan more in a while.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »
No Lynch seems to be a very easy solution, but it's so easy that even as a yukkuri I think it is too easy to be right.

I'm not sure I understand the case against K4U, except that apparently her actions being consistent with what she says is a scummy thing. :​V

Her point against Zakeri seems valid for exactly the opposite.

However, I'm going with UK again today, mostly because she's trying too hard to take it easy. All she has done so far is put on some neutral statements and agree with both gimmick ideas so far. Even her votes so far were for inconsequential targets.

##Vote UKkuri

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »
I'm not sure I understand the case against K4U, except that apparently her actions being consistent with what she says is a scummy thing. :​V
The point with K4U was that she spent plenty of time complaining about the Suwako lynch, but didn't make any effort to actually STOP it outside of that. Even building a weak case would have generated discussion outside of voting Pesco, so the fact that her only contribution was verbal didn't sit well with me.

That said, UK's lack of any decent contribution along with her willingness to jump on the Zak 'No Lynch' theory (which even Zak himself admitted wasn't solid) instantly isn't very enticing either. If it came down to it, I'd probably be fine with either Kitten being lynched at this point.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
EBWOP: Gah, I meant Pesco lynch. I'm having violent flashbacks of past games and getting confused and I'm tired and ffffff -_-

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »
K4U (2): Rou, Zak
Zak (1): K4U
Game (1): SDrake
Kanako (2): Sodium, Affinity
No Lynch (1): UK
UK (1): Nietz

10 votes in play. Takes 6 to lynch.
60+ hours remain.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »
Question for the GM. What happens if we end up lynching the game?

Who knows what monster could come out of the void that might get left behind.

Also, noting no mystery vote, and nothing from Serp either.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:06:11 PM by Pesco »

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2009, 06:17:04 PM »
I just wasn't really sure what to do yesterday.  I think that was clear in my flailing (I mean I asked Pesco to claim and I was actually somewhat serious), but I'm obviously biased there.  Speaking of flashbacks to previous games I think after yesterday I understand how Rou felt with the Serp lynch in Invasion. :P

I really hope Zak's theory isn't right because that would mean we probably are all town and that still sounds like a boring set-up.  I guess it's worth keeping in mind based on the flavor of the game, but I'm not really going to count on that being the solution.

I still prefer a Zakeri lynch because I can't think of a pro-town reason to do something you think will end badly for the town, but I can get behind a UK lynch if it came down to it.  The case is solid.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »
I think Zakeri posted more of a sarcastic comment, since he didn't actually vote for a no lynch. That was probably really obvious, but it's good to point out regardless.
The point with K4U was that she spent plenty of time complaining about the Suwako lynch, but didn't make any effort to actually STOP it outside of that. Even building a weak case would have generated discussion outside of voting Pesco, so the fact that her only contribution was verbal didn't sit well with me.
Thing is, there honestly wasn't anything to form a case on. Over half of day 1 was just setup speculation. I'm not defending her or anything, but I don't think this is a valid reason to accuse her of being scum. Just my 2 cents, of course.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
Zak's theory is interesting, but I don't really think that it'd be the best course of action now.

UK's vote for said no lynch was weird.

Kanako still hasn't said anything that would make me want to remove my vote from him.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
No Lynch seems to be a very easy solution, but it's so easy that even as a yukkuri I think it is too easy to be right.

Her point against Zakeri seems valid for exactly the opposite.

However, I'm going with UK again today, mostly because she's trying too hard to take it easy. All she has done so far is put on some neutral statements and agree with both gimmick ideas so far. Even her votes so far were for inconsequential targets.

##Vote UKkuri

Please, if you'd like me to scumhunt, find me some scummy targets ^-^

Pretty much everything so far has been set up speculation. As for going along with gimmick ideas, well, I don't tend to actively propose things as either alignment.

That said, UK's lack of any decent contribution along with her willingness to jump on the Zak 'No Lynch' theory (which even Zak himself admitted wasn't solid) instantly isn't very enticing either. If it came down to it, I'd probably be fine with either Kitten being lynched at this point.

Again, I'd like to see what you mean by decent contributions from others?

Hmm, latest votecount shows 10 votes in play but only 8 voting...no secret shenanigans :S?

I still prefer a Zakeri lynch because I can't think of a pro-town reason to do something you think will end badly for the town, but I can get behind a UK lynch if it came down to it.  The case is solid.

Wait...what case?

And isn't it the same one as the one on you?

Is this bizarro hypocrisy land?

UK's vote for said no lynch was weird.

Any better ideas? I sure don't have any. We could lynch me and waste another day though. That'll get you places ^-^

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »
I'm all for going places then.
But I have to say it's at the least ironic for someone proposing No Lynch to call it a wasted day.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »
I'm all for going places then.
But I have to say it's at the least ironic for someone proposing No Lynch to call it a wasted day.

Well, I consider lynching a townie more wasteful. This is also a weird game with an encouragement to take it easy. Further, on MS there have been discussions about the idea of a game where the goal is for town to no lynch and everyone's vanilla. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pesco spring this on us.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to hang an invisible man and hopefully trigger the win for all of us.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2009, 01:33:58 AM »
I'd say it's worth a shot, but I think the others' problem with you is how quickly you jumped on it without even looking into anything else. If we don't get any solid target by the end of the day, then I'm all for it. :s

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2009, 01:37:15 AM »
I'd say it's worth a shot, but I think the others' problem with you is how quickly you jumped on it without even looking into anything else. If we don't get any solid target by the end of the day, then I'm all for it. :s

Apparently I'm the solid target.

I'll give you a hint. If scum exist in this game, they are on my wagon. They also are early on my wagon.

I'd also like to be enlightened on what else there was to look into...

« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2009, 01:46:10 AM »
I still prefer a Zakeri lynch because I can't think of a pro-town reason to do something you think will end badly for the town...
For Science.

I can see how UK's willingness to no lynch is alarming, but I'm still halfway between whether this is what needs to happen this game or not. I don't blame her for wanting to try it.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2009, 02:51:55 AM »
UK: It was weird because it seemed sudden, and you didn't really think it through. Doesn't help that the only thing you said when you voted was "I like Zak's theory".

Well, no lynch does seem pretty safe because we'd be only losing at most 1 more person with the chance of winning(or something that isn't dying), but we should look at other options, and I have a feeling Pesco is going to bastard mod a no lynch too. =V

tl;dr: No lynch is fine, but lets see if there's anything else we can try.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2009, 02:55:46 AM »
EBWOP: By anything else, I mean still try to look for potential scum, should this game actually have scum, and anything else. Better safe then sorry, and we can always no lynch at the end of the day instead of ending it prematurely(unless we really don't have anything to talk about).

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2009, 02:56:52 AM »
UK: It was weird because it seemed sudden, and you didn't really think it through. Doesn't help that the only thing you said when you voted was "I like Zak's theory".

Well, no lynch does seem pretty safe because we'd be only losing at most 1 more person with the chance of winning(or something that isn't dying), but we should look at other options, and I have a feeling Pesco is going to bastard mod a no lynch too. =V

tl;dr: No lynch is fine, but lets see if there's anything else we can try.

I admit I should have provided my MS knowledge then, but it didn't occur to me to add that part of my thought process. Hopefully my more transparent explanation helps.

EBWOP: By anything else, I mean still try to look for potential scum, should this game actually have scum, and anything else. Better safe then sorry, and we can always no lynch at the end of the day instead of ending it prematurely(unless we really don't have anything to talk about).

That's why I'm analyzing the wagon on me. I feel opportunism.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2009, 03:20:44 AM »
Quote from: UK
Wait...what case?

And isn't it the same one as the one on you?

Um no?  The case on me was that I thought it was bad but I brought up no alternatives.  My case on Zak is that he thought the Pesco lynch was a bad idea, voted for him anyway and then proceded to say nothing for the rest of the day.  Basically his words don't match his actions.  I don't see how that's at all similar to the case on me.

Further, on MS there have been discussions about the idea of a game where the goal is for town to no lynch and everyone's vanilla. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pesco spring this on us.

That's part of the reason I don't think this is the case.  In every thread I've seen suggesting this idea it's been shot down and called absolutely horrible.  Most people go as far as to call it "not Mafia."  I guess it's possible that Pesco decided to do it anyway, but I'm still not counting on it.

So, I think not lynching is a bad idea.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2009, 03:29:51 AM »
That's part of the reason I don't think this is the case.  In every thread I've seen suggesting this idea it's been shot down and called absolutely horrible.  Most people go as far as to call it "not Mafia."  I guess it's possible that Pesco decided to do it anyway, but I'm still not counting on it.

Oddly enough, it being shut down leads me to believe pesco WOULD do it, for the lulz. He wanted a quick game, so...

Um no?  The case on me was that I thought it was bad but I brought up no alternatives.  My case on Zak is that he thought the Pesco lynch was a bad idea, voted for him anyway and then proceded to say nothing for the rest of the day.  Basically his words don't match his actions.  I don't see how that's at all similar to the case on me.

Wait, I thought you meant case on me. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »
Wait, I thought you meant case on me. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Oh wait, maybe I did misread what you said (I blame eating too much).  I don't see how the case on you and the case on me is similar.  Can you explain?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2009, 04:02:34 AM »
Oh wait, maybe I did misread what you said (I blame eating too much).  I don't see how the case on you and the case on me is similar.  Can you explain?

Well, I was wrong as well. I was under the impression both cases were for supposedly not making any real contribution. But I think the case on you was more specific apparently.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:55 AM »
The list of winners Pesco presented to us only had one thing in common. They all said they were going to take it easy.

Untrue, I never said that at any point.

You're such a liar I'm going to buy into your theory.

##Vote: No Lynch
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2009, 08:50:15 AM »
ITT, goddamn apathy.

Seriously people, the last thing we need is absolutely everyone getting a clear because no-one who didn't like the Pesco lynch could be bothered to DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

You complain there's nothing to work with? Then MAKE SOMETHING. Make a crazy accusation, build a flimsy case, do SOMETHING to get discussion going. Don't sit on your ass and do nothing, then whine that there was nothing to do later.

Secondly, UK's immediate assumption that's she going to get lynched ahead of, y'know, actually defending herself, is inducing much raeg. Also her 'early on my wagon = scum' comment feels very iffy, because if she IS scum then she's obviously trying to incriminate the early voters who caught her out. And of course we can't KNOW if she's innocent because Pesco is being a dick and playing a no-reveal.
(So, UK, agree that no-reveal is bastard moddy yet?)
K4U at least seems to be pressing a case on Zak, but UK just says 'lol nolynch plz'. T_T

Thirdly, now that it's been brought up, what exactly is the 'win' condition if Kilga was also classified as a winner? Any chance of the GM posting a new 'currently winning' list, or is he too busy being dead?

Winning: The House (because it always wins)

Finally, I'll just say right now that if we ARE expected to no lynch I will fly over to Africa and punch Pesco in the face myself. Mafia is NOT a game of diplomacy.

That would be very sweet of you
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:20:26 AM by Pesco »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »
I'll go with the idea.

##Vote: No Lynch

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »
ITT, goddamn apathy.

Seriously people, the last thing we need is absolutely everyone getting a clear because no-one who didn't like the Pesco lynch could be bothered to DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

You complain there's nothing to work with? Then MAKE SOMETHING. Make a crazy accusation, build a flimsy case, do SOMETHING to get discussion going. Don't sit on your ass and do nothing, then whine that there was nothing to do later.

Secondly, UK's immediate assumption that's she going to get lynched ahead of, y'know, actually defending herself, is inducing much raeg. Also her 'early on my wagon = scum' comment feels very iffy, because if she IS scum then she's obviously trying to incriminate the early voters who caught her out. And of course we can't KNOW if she's innocent because Pesco is being a dick and playing a no-reveal.
(So, UK, agree that no-reveal is bastard moddy yet?)
K4U at least seems to be pressing a case on Zak, but UK just says 'lol nolynch plz'. T_T

Thirdly, now that it's been brought up, what exactly is the 'win' condition if Kilga was also classified as a winner? Any chance of the GM posting a new 'currently winning' list, or is he too busy being dead?

Winning: The House (because it always wins)

Finally, I'll just say right now that if we ARE expected to no lynch I will fly over to Africa and punch Pesco in the face myself. Mafia is NOT a game of diplomacy.

That would be very sweet of you

Wasn't Serp revealed as town? At least, that's what I read. So, I'm not sure I understand the "incriminating people early on my wagon" thing here ^-^.

As for not defending myself, there's nothing to defend against. I'm being lynched cause I was a little too quick to agree with no lynching. Can I really say anything that would change anyone's mind? Rather, anyone who's voting me for something like that?

And yesh, about the lol no lynch thing. I've further explained my stance on it. If you don't accept that as my "case", then there's really nothing I can do.

Anyway, let me read on...

HOLY CRAP AFFINITY IS PLAYING THIS GAME! WHO KNEW?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2009, 05:59:19 PM »
Wasn't Serp revealed as town? At least, that's what I read. So, I'm not sure I understand the "incriminating people early on my wagon" thing here ^-^.
The only reason we're relatively sure about Serp is because he was hit. We can't be certain about lynches based on the lack of reveals that we've managed to bring upon ourselves. Therefore my point stands.

As for not defending myself, there's nothing to defend against. I'm being lynched cause I was a little too quick to agree with no lynching. Can I really say anything that would change anyone's mind? Rather, anyone who's voting me for something like that?
You could do something productive rather than buy into some crazy theory which, for the record, would be easier to instate in later days anyway. So can't we leave No Lynch until Mylo or something?

And yesh, about the lol no lynch thing. I've further explained my stance on it. If you don't accept that as my "case", then there's really nothing I can do.
Besides, I dunno, HUNT.

HOLY CRAP AFFINITY IS PLAYING THIS GAME! WHO KNEW?
This point I will agree with you on. Afffinity's been even quieter than you, and AFTER all the fuss over you jumping on so quickly, he proceeds to...jump on quickly. I am not impressed.

This whole NL idea rubs off as a scummy excuse to waste a day. I don't like it.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
Well, I consider lynching a townie more wasteful.
Right, and if you were scum you wouldn't lie to us about being townie, would you? ;)

You spent most of the game avoiding taking any instance and being eager to join in any crazy idea that could buy scum time. And when confronted you say that you are not scum because you didn't do anything scummy, that you believe there's no scum in the game and that anyone against you is scum?

And I just can't believe people are buying into the No Lynch thing. Have you actually thought of just who is making the NK, if there's no scum?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »
The only reason we're relatively sure about Serp is because he was hit. We can't be certain about lynches based on the lack of reveals that we've managed to bring upon ourselves. Therefore my point stands.

I still say it's a soft reveal of his alignment. And I expect more.

You could do something productive rather than buy into some crazy theory which, for the record, would be easier to instate in later days anyway. So can't we leave No Lynch until Mylo or something?

Ah, wouldn't that be nice, but...first, we don't know when Mylo is (and do you really think Pesco will tell us?) and secondly, in the variations of an all vanilla game that I read, part of it was that town had three days to realize they were to no lynch.

Besides, I dunno, HUNT.

Already have. I've told you who is scum if no lynch doesn't work. It's the opportunistic bastards on my wagon.

I'll name names if no lynch doesn't pan out. Since I don't think there are actually any scum.

This point I will agree with you on. Afffinity's been even quieter than you, and AFTER all the fuss over you jumping on so quickly, he proceeds to...jump on quickly. I am not impressed.

Even quieter than me? I've been rather active, thank you.

You spent most of the game avoiding taking any instance and being eager to join in any crazy idea that could buy scum time. And when confronted you say that you are not scum because you didn't do anything scummy, that you believe there's no scum in the game and that anyone against you is scum?

And I just can't believe people are buying into the No Lynch thing. Have you actually thought of just who is making the NK, if there's no scum?

Pesco to the last part, and as for the first part I actually said that if there IS scum, they are on my wagon, and early on it. But I enjoy the strawman, it tastes good when I'm in a cowgirl mood.