Author Topic: Super Touhou RPG ~ Abandoned due to mod (Pesco's) screwups  (Read 58171 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 3 Tent Ankles
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
And you're mad at how I attacked you for...weak reasoning. Hm.

One: My reasoning was stronger, while still weak
Two: I deal one damage, you deal three
Three: I said earlier that the reason I was irritated at your weak reasoning was the fact that you should have three times better reasoning if you are going to attack someone for three times the damage.

To be fair, this is verging on paranoia. This is like 'what if scum have hidden votes, we can't let people get ANY VOTES AT ALL'. It was the seeming randomness of it that worried me, not the actual process of weakening people.

To be fair, I never said that. We have the same beef with Serpy, it seems. I was irritated that he seemed to want to just throw people down without regard to what the scum might have. Further, he wanted to drop several people at once. Considering how hard it is to get town to agree to ONE lynch, I can't imagine the fun of trying to get more.

Okay, seriously. WHAT IS THIS. Are you trying to argue that if you were scum you'd actually be doing more attacking?

Actually, I wouldn't be as constrained by trying to actually find scum rather than throw the book at everyone until someone broke. That's what I'm saying.

Well, the easy way to solve this problem is by not RAGING, isn't it. T_T

Well, I've stopped for the time being, haven't I?

After the last game, implying that anyone in MotK is competent (myself included) is probably the worst mistake I could make. This bleeds 'too scummy to be scum'.

Please, don't credit me with that. If I'm scummy, kill me. If I'm not, don't.

Don't try to WIFOM yourself out of it with such a weak "tell"

'Admitting my mistakes before I make them makes it okay! ^_^'

So, you want me to stop raging but...you do misreps like that in a condescending manner that would almost INTENTIONALLY incite me? gj, gj.

At any rate, never said it made them ok. I'm usually the one calling people out on that. I'm merely stating that it wasn't a lucid move. I even lampshade the fact I'm backstepping so you can make your attacks for free ^-^

This makes no sense.  If you think I'm scum, you should be pushing to lynch me.  If anything, lynching me slowly instead of quickly only gives me a larger window of opportunity to fire off my spellcard.  And I don't see how we can learn anything else about the setup without lynching someone, so shouldn't you be pushing to get it over with already?

Because my reasoning was weak. I'm not entirely confident in it, but I'm hoping that the more you talk the more evidence I'll get. Not sure what to think right now...because I'm actually beginning to see your point :S

So basically, you make a case on Serpentarius that largely consists of completely misrepresenting something Serpentarius said, and anyone who notices that you basically just twisted his words around to force him to sound scummy is automatically Serpentarius's Scum Buddy, whether or not the Town:Scum ratio is balanced.

Well, it's nightless, so unless the scum are packing some major heat you'd expect more scum than a usual 9 player game. At any rate, I disagree that I misrepped intentionally, and further I don't see anything where you are supposedly pointing out this misrep, merely defending his claims.

I'm agree with the Case on UK now, as if it wasn't glaringly obvious.

Then kill me. I'm about to get an aneurysm :S

Your first point is basically that Edible had a good point
Your second point is actually just the first point worded in a way that would get hate on you, so there's no reason to include it.
The rest is just defense, half of which is both meta and brought up by you, so it is subject to wifom.

ok? Am I supposed to say something to this?

Would it be too rude to call this out on appeal to Naivete?

Huh? Elaborate? It's more of an appeal to emotion actually.

I'm willing to throw my full weight behind a UK lynch today.

Then
Do
It

2.  UK:  Recently anyway, I've seen a lack of effort at analyzing the situation, scum hunting, or even getting past the Roukanken tackle.  She's a bitch.

Elaborate?

Bascially, I'ma gonna go with the AtE that will have everyone facepalming after they finish killing me. This game is pissing me off, I'm town but I'm failing so hard at showing it I'm about ready to ragequit but won't because that would be even more discourteous to you all then I've already been. I'll try to get thoughts on players before you all kill me. I'd also like the people threatening to do something to actually, yanno, do it rather than just talk about it so that after I flip you can claim you didn't actually attack me or something fucktarded like that.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2009, 05:31:53 PM »
...Okay, I have no idea what the heck is going on! I'm going to try and reread stuff, but I don't think I have a good chance of actually noticing anything relevant... Not that there won't be, just that I tend to frequently miss very glaringly obvious things until they're pointed out. I'll admit, that already happened a couple times so far in this game... Though that's not a valid excuse for failing especially since all of you only have my word for that >_<

It's not helping that Mafia in general tends to be a little bit confusing for me...

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »
It's not helping that Mafia in general tends to be a little bit confusing for me...

That's the point of the game. It's basically made to be one big psychology study game set up so that you win by stressing out other people and making them do stupid things, thus removing the fun from The Game so that You Lose The Game.

UK, two questions please:

1.  Why do you think we shouldn't lynch/tackle you?  Do not factor whether or not you're a townie or mafian into this.  Why it's a mistake on the town's part.

2.  Are you ready to rage quit?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »
1.  Why do you think we shouldn't lynch/tackle you?  Do not factor whether or not you're a townie or mafian into this.  Why it's a mistake on the town's part.

It's only a mistake because they'll be losing a townie.

Given my play, my lynch is the proper decision. I acknowledge this. The best I can do is try to be helpful til I die.

Oh, and spellcard scum when the time comes.

2.  Are you ready to rage quit?

Yes, quite honestly, but I'm not such a "bitch" as you say as to flat out do it. I agreed to this game, I dug my own pit, why should I say that I'm going to take my ball and go home just because things aren't going my way?

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »
Actually, that entire post was more or less sarcasm with a few serious points.  However, last time I checked, townies died when they are killed, yes?  That means time wasted.  Now granted, redemption isn't for everyone, but I think I'd prefer that we used our unlimited time days to work chinks out of flawed plans.  Wow, I like my reference to pop culture too much.

Third question:

3.  Who do you suspect to be scum and why?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2009, 06:16:05 PM »
3.  Who do you suspect to be scum and why?

Hmm...good question.

I've already said Serpy, but I'm rethinking that potential. Zak also rubs me the wrong way but that might just be reactionaryness. Nietz as well to an extent, as I said.

I think I need to reread and am not sure when I feel like doing it. I'll try to do it in a timely fashion though. Today or tomorrow ish. I have a challenge to do today, don't I?

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
I don't think I'm gonna be able to finish that reread yet. (got distracted so I haven't already finished it >_<) I have to head to my piano recital now. I'll be back in a few hours, hopefully there will be something I can make sense of then... Preferably without TOO much extra stuff to read through being added...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »
Reminder that day end will be 24 hours from my last one.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »
There's no way to really refute this, is there? But can you prove it?
I'm not a mind-reader to prove exactly why you are doing this, but your actions themselves are plain for anyone to see.
You started the game nonchalantly then when Rou attacked you for it you started a huge drama based on the amount of damage he gave you, and when Serp effectively calls you for doing it, you then turn on him. Since a case on Serp actually develops, though rather for his suggestion of lowering HP of players than for his attack on you, you keep pressing him and even start to seemingly blindly call obvscum on anyone else who opposes you. When then the backlash for your actions that starts to get worse on you than Serp, you back off and say you'll try to cool down.
Whether you actually are pissed of or no (and you could be as either town or scum anyway), the obvious result still is of hiding awfully anti-town play behind player meta. In case you are genuinely in a bad mood streak, well it's too bad, because as much as find bitchy UK to be charming in a way, it's still leaning heavily in the scummy behavioral territory.

No. No, no, NO. This is horrible reasoning right now. This is being able to remove votes from the tally, and promptly removing votes from yourself (when in no danger whatsoever) because 'it's the only thing I can do that's sure to help a townie'.
Look, you need to stop holding on to that hits=votes analogy, even if it's a comfortable one. You can't expect to win the game if you are playing the wrong game to begin with. If the other players openly decide that I (or anyone else) should die, self-healing it's not gonna help. But having a higher HP can potentially help if scum has some other damaging ability. Besides, as I said before my tackle is somewhat detrimental to my healing afterwards.
My point is that the Town objective is to kill Mafiosi. The Mafia objective is to not die. Guess which of these causes healing helps out more. T_T
Once again, are we talking about the same game?
Quote from:  Mafiascum Wiki Newbie Guide
The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »
Just checked into the hotel, then I'm off to work.  I won't have access to the game from there, probably, so I'll return much later this evening.

In the meantime, since I may as well do -something- today:

##Apply Adorable Bandaid: Edible

I'd rather not be sitting around at half life.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
Whether you actually are pissed of or no (and you could be as either town or scum anyway), the obvious result still is of hiding awfully anti-town play behind player meta. In case you are genuinely in a bad mood streak, well it's too bad, because as much as find bitchy UK to be charming in a way, it's still leaning heavily in the scummy behavioral territory.

Not much I can say about that.

In the end you have to decide. Are you trying to kill anti town players in a 9 player set up, or are you trying to actually find scum? Because anti-town != scummy, and I advise you to consider that difference before I'm finished off.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »
Hmm...good question.

I've already said Serpy, but I'm rethinking that potential. Zak also rubs me the wrong way but that might just be reactionaryness. Nietz as well to an extent, as I said.

I think I need to reread and am not sure when I feel like doing it. I'll try to do it in a timely fashion though. Today or tomorrow ish. I have a challenge to do today, don't I?

Please do so.  Playing the sane townie leader role only works if I have people willing to stop being argument for a moment and actually think like a hive mind.  (Take note people, this is how I play.)

Nietz...

Look, you need to stop holding on to that hits=votes analogy, even if it's a comfortable one. You can't expect to win the game if you are playing the wrong game to begin with. If the other players openly decide that I (or anyone else) should die, self-healing it's not gonna help. But having a higher HP can potentially help if scum has some other damaging ability. Besides, as I said before my tackle is somewhat detrimental to my healing afterwards. Once again, are we talking about the same game?

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one.  The Mafia gains an advantage from healing themselves since they have to survive a game outnumbered.  Meaning each Mafia life is more precious than a townie's.  Townies, while cheap, are ultimately disposable in comparison.  Get into the right mindset.  That move could have been used in a better way.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »
Please do so.  Playing the sane townie leader role only works if I have people willing to stop being argument for a moment and actually think like a hive mind.

You have a way with words.

Despite them I'll still cooperate, despite the rising belligerence they cause in me ^-^

« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »
One: My reasoning was stronger, while still weak
Two: I deal one damage, you deal three
Three: I said earlier that the reason I was irritated at your weak reasoning was the fact that you should have three times better reasoning if you are going to attack someone for three times the damage.
One: Your reasoning was faulty, at best.
Two: Your attack was the third one on Serp. Your attack dealt three damage.
Three: as evidenced by number one, Rou's attack was more justified. As a corollery to point two, your reasoning should also have been three times better.
Four: Can we please stop referencing Rou's Random vote? I know "He keeps bringing it up" but you really have no good points left to use in that argument. If you just ignore it, people will forget about it, and you might actually seem less scummy.

ok? Am I supposed to say something to this?
You don't really have to, I was just arguing your case on Serp. Either a better case or a point ceded would suffice.

Huh? Elaborate? It's more of an appeal to emotion actually.
It's a subset of AtE, Appeal to Naivete is just the term I made up for scum sometimes butter up a townie to win over their vote. I'm still not sure if that's what's happening, but it looks disjointed how you suddenly become moe moe to Rou in that post.

deadline is apparently in two hours. I'll check back shortly before then.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
Two: Your attack was the third one on Serp. Your attack dealt three damage.

I think these are two different things. Because I didn't unilaterally decide Serp should take three damage. Two other people hit him of their own accord.

Three: as evidenced by number one, Rou's attack was more justified. As a corollery to point two, your reasoning should also have been three times better.

When two is faulty three can be ignored.

Four: Can we please stop referencing Rou's Random vote? I know "He keeps bringing it up" but you really have no good points left to use in that argument. If you just ignore it, people will forget about it, and you might actually seem less scummy.

Why should I care how I look? I should care more about hurting scum, I think. As for ignoring it or whatever, I'll try to be more concise and ignore things that have no bearing on the conversation.

You don't really have to, I was just arguing your case on Serp. Either a better case or a point ceded would suffice.

I refuse for the time being

It's a subset of AtE, Appeal to Naivete is just the term I made up for scum sometimes butter up a townie to win over their vote. I'm still not sure if that's what's happening, but it looks disjointed how you suddenly become moe moe to Rou in that post.

Moe moe to Rou?

I think I was actually insulting him and calling him a bad townie.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »
Now perhaps it's just me UK, but the best way to defend yourself is to track down a Mafian, not just constantly defend yourself.  AKA great offense makes a perfect defense.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2009, 08:08:47 PM »
Now perhaps it's just me UK, but the best way to defend yourself is to track down a Mafian, not just constantly defend yourself.  AKA great offense makes a perfect defense.

Oh, I agree. I just really don't feel like rereading right now. I said I'd reread soon. I will. Either tonight or tomorrow.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2009, 08:18:52 PM »
So, you want me to stop raging but...you do misreps like that in a condescending manner that would almost INTENTIONALLY incite me? gj, gj.
When you're the one spewing utter garbage, I have the right to be irritated if you ask me.

Oh, I agree. I just really don't feel like rereading right now. I said I'd reread soon. I will. Either tonight or tomorrow.
Buying time. A few hours ago you were saying that you should be lynched, now you're insisting on a few days longer. Make your mind up.

Besides, as I said before my tackle is somewhat detrimental to my healing afterwards.
When did you mention this, exactly?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »
Buying time. A few hours ago you were saying that you should be lynched, now you're insisting on a few days longer. Make your mind up.

Oh, it's up to you all. And please don't inflate claims. After all, isn't that what I'm in trouble for? I'm asking for tomorrow, is all.

I won't die til the end of that day anyway unless you all bum rush me now.

When you're the one spewing utter garbage, I have the right to be irritated if you ask me.

That's a lot of how I feel when I read your posts ^-^.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »
Okay, forget it. I'm sick of waiting. Waiting is exactly what scum wants us to do.

I don't see a single person arguing UK's innocence here other than UK herself, so logically the only sensible move is to get rid of her.

##Tank Tackle: UncertainKitten

I'm not sure if that's enough to finish her. If it isn't, I wouldn't mind a few other people throwing some tackles in for good measure, because the longer we take to actually lynch someone the better the odds that scum will get something as a reward for our laziness.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »
Hmm...how many tackles have I taken today?

Ah well, I dunno. Try not to desecrate my body too badly when you facepalm at my flip.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
Ah, I'm down to two health.

Well then, for the sake of not dying so quickly and at least TRYING to get a shot at scum if it lives...

(I'm not even sure if I CAN do this)

##Activate Spell Card Search Sign "Gold Detector"

If you all DON'T want that going off tomorrow, you need to figure out how much damage it can take.

I see no reason to help scum out with picking off my last hope of potentially hitting them.

« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »
Meh, I've waited long enough, and I'm not convinced the spellcard is going to be helping town as much as she holds for.

##Tackle: UncertainKitten
For being a big, fat meanie-head :p

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »
Meh, I've waited long enough, and I'm not convinced the spellcard is going to be helping town as much as she holds for.

##Tackle: UncertainKitten
For being a big, fat meanie-head :p

To be honest, given my life expectancy this card will be useless.

Well, I mean, it'll deal 2 whole damage, but the other effect won't help me much.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
UK just won herself a new level of failure.

Let's see here.

Damage done to her so far = 4.

Plus me and Serp makes it 8 minimum, and she apparently has 2 left.

So 3 away from 10 is not nearly half health, and now she's pulling out a spellcard and intimidating us not to attack her. I say this is a good enough reason to just blitz her, myself given that she's contradicting herself all over the shop. >_>

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2009, 08:52:09 PM »
UK just won herself a new level of failure.

Let's see here.

Damage done to her so far = 4.

Plus me and Serp makes it 8 minimum, and she apparently has 2 left.

So 3 away from 10 is not nearly half health, and now she's pulling out a spellcard and intimidating us not to attack her. I say this is a good enough reason to just blitz her, myself given that she's contradicting herself all over the shop. >_>

There were three heals on me, remember Rou?

I started today with 7 health IIRC

You and serp is 4. I think there was one other tackle on me. I forget who.

And intimidating you not to attack me?

Where is this again?

If you mean

If you all DON'T want that going off tomorrow, you need to figure out how much damage it can take.

That's hardly intimidating. It's more like "Well, why the hell should I just roll over and die for you people?"

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2009, 08:55:37 PM »
Okay, UK, what does the card do?

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »
there's five damage done to UK today, and she started at 7 HP, so she is in fact down to 2 now.

I'm not sure how spellcard durability works and if we get to see the results.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
Okay, UK, what does the card do?

Nothing much. I get to "learn something" about my target.

Which could be anything from a stat to alignment in my eyes.

Actually, I thought it did something else at first, hence why I didn't immediately reveal.

Now that I've read it and realized this, I actually ask that I not be tackled anymore until I've used it on the offchance that it's an investigation.

Hell, I'm feeling generous today! I'd like everyone to post who I should target with it. Realize I may not get any useful information, but I think it's worth a shot.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
Basically, when you activate a spellcard, it acts like a shield, meaning you can damage it.  I believe that knocking it down to zero deactivates it.  Extra damage carries over to the user's HP.

Time for more questions:

4.  Who would you point that spellcard at if you got a chance to shoot the load off?

5.  Who would you point that spellcard at if it's not Roukanken?

EDIT:  Okay, nice.  Pick a lurker, either Edible or Affinity.  You know who I'd pick.

6.  Is that what the spellcard actually does?