Author Topic: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!  (Read 88546 times)

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
Re: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2020, 01:26:57 AM »
I've really been enjoying this event and the last one, although is anyone else getting the impression that the writers have figured out that Yachiyo is a more interesting protagonist than Iroha? Maybe it's just the weird pace NA has, but I kind of feel like we've been seeing a ton of Yachiyo and Momoko and no Iroha lately. I'm not against it, but several flashback events in a row seems a little unusual.
Well Iroha isn't a native to Kamihama and her back/story is mainly told via the main story with Ui, Touka and Nemu.

Got an extra slot for Mito on my free pity roll today, she's gotten more useful for Mirrors now :D I hate the Tower event though, everything is just soaking up my Magia and I can barely grind more. I'm on 76 now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2020, 02:25:05 AM »
I understand why she's not in the flashback events, but the decision to focus heavily on flashback events implies that the devs don't think people will mind much if we don't see her for a while.

I'm only on floor 26 right now, since I was focused more on the tower event in FGO during the first chunk of this event. Hopefully I'll still have time to finish it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2020, 02:33:06 PM »
I'm making steady progress on the challenge tower (floor 83 right now I think?) and I gotta say, my Madoka/Mitama core has been invaluable. I think they're both super underrated, even in an environment like this where healing is reduced. Being able to nearly loop NPs is great.

I've been using Madoka/Mitama/Mami to clear a lot of floors and get out of them with the same HP and NP that I went in with, although I wish I had a blue Accel character to fill in when fighting red opponents. Rena and especially Konoha from my friends list are great with that team and in fact are usually my preferred choices, but I don't own them so I can't use them here.

I guess I should test Sayaka, although the value of her busted Magia goes down a lot in a situation where I don't plan on letting the battle run long enough for anyone to die and her stats aren't exactly well suited for killing bosses outside of it.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »
Ugh, these higher battles are painful. Amanes with Feather support, then Alina with Feather support, then all three with White Feather support, then Yachiyo's former teams, then KMR, then Yachiyo's current team...

It's going to be a goddamn relief if I can hit the 90s, where the remaining enemies are Witches, Uwasa, and bosses. Bloody Anna with 30 MP gen per turn, bloody omni-element Feathers (Whites have Follow-Up and Accel Down, center has Counter, front Feathers have Poison and Defense Down...),
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2020, 03:49:11 PM »
Mitama's long-lasting NP seal helps a ton with that kind of fight if you have her, although nearly every boss in the later parts of the tower has status resistance so it's a little unreliable. But it lasts long enough that you can usually burst down the enemies who resist the seal first and clean up the rest when it wears off.

There's a banner with Madoka and Sayaka coming up soon and I think I'm gonna go deep on it. Emptying out my savings is arguably dumb with Godoka coming up, but I'm not going to get her even close to maxed out regardless so I think I'd rather have extra slots on the characters I use all the time. Having additional slots on either of them would open up a ton of options.

Edit: Incidentally, does anyone have a personal memoria that they find themselves using a lot? I use Madoka's all the time in PVE, it's arguably one of the main reasons to use her, but there's not a single other personal memoria I've ever even considered using. Am I overlooking anything good?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:58:49 PM by commandercool »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2020, 09:03:27 AM »
I use Ayame's quite a lot. Guaranteed Critical Hits for one turn is pretty neat. Gotta work around her C gorilla deck, though. Melissa's (Hope and Despair) hits both of her critical strengths (MP gain and Magia strength), and is blue to boot.

And Breakpoint clear. Definitely a relief. I'm just glad there wasn't any Mayu-grade superbosses. Doppel turn 1 was unfair as hell, never mind her absurd MP recovery buff.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 09:07:03 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2020, 05:02:16 AM »
Oh yeah, Mayu in howa howa was a beast. Just get destroyed by turn 1 doppel instantly. Breakpoint didn't have anything like that, but some of those normal-battle-bosses definitely called for a few magias to the face.

Meanwhile, chapter 8... whew, that was a doozy. The plot's chugging along quite steadily now, although I wonder how long before we get the next chunk of it (not counting Another Story 8 because it's most likely just
Spoiler:
Madoka team making the escape to Kamihami with a possible Kyouko cameo appearance.
)

Chapter 7 released at a snail's pace but then Ch8 was dumped out super fast, so I think they're trying to finish the plot before the anime does it first. If so, we'll see A8 soon with Chapter 9 will probably start rolling out in March...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2020, 06:30:52 PM »
Well, I was going to do 100 pulls on the Madoka/Sayak banner that comes out tomorrow, but I pulled two Sayakas in a row off of the free weekend pulls, so she's maxed out now.  :V

Decided to do 100 pulls on the Kyouko banner that's up today, so best case scenario I can max out Kyouko and Sayaka in the same day. Although I'm a few pulls short of 100, so I'll need to grind out a handful of gems. Shouldn't be hard.

Incidentally, I found another persona memoria that's useful in really marginal situations. Sayaka's draws her discs, so I used it to get an early connect on a challenge quest against solo Mami that I kept accidentally killing first with every other team setup I tried. So that's uh... useful...

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2020, 03:23:14 AM »
Wooo I cleared all of Breakpoint today~ :'D my boys+Umika team and Yachi/Iro/Tsuru/Homu/Kazu team managed to pull me through to the end. I didn't even have to break out my Mirrors team to triple nuke anything.
Much better than when I did Howa Howa; I never thought about suiciding all the teams for Magia/Doppels because I thought some would only get revived with only 1HP (which had happened to me a couple of times for whatever reason). That and juggling my attack/defense down skills every turn is better than unloading them all at once.

Fuck that Shin on the last couple of battles though, why did they make it remove debuffs every turn

Only persona memoria I've used a lot was Umika's when I needed her and it was useful for this event too.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2020, 07:12:26 AM »
The event type, for some reason, deducts the HP from your equipped Memoria at the end of battle from the girl's current health (capping at 1 health), but only adds it back on for the next battle if you're above a certain health threshold.

This is probably to help characters like Ren, who benefit from being at 1 HP, but it feels really inconsistent.

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2020, 02:28:53 PM »
I wonder if it might be to stop mild cheese from swapping memoria around between battles depending on what HP and MP your characters are at? Doing that has occurred to me but I've never tried it so I don't know if anything would happen. But it does sort of make sense to design the event in a way that discourages that just because it sounds really tedious and not incentivizing people to do things that are boring gameplay but technically optimal is usually good game hygiene.