Author Topic: There is no escape. <3  (Read 63792 times)

Easy Mode

Re: There is no escape. <3
« Reply #720 on: May 12, 2009, 12:57:58 AM »
I got an ACER laptop with XP installed already. It's so lovely~

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #721 on: May 12, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »
A guy on the channel directed me to another site, and I looked there. I don't know much of anything about computers, but this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113078

Doesn't look bad at all.

Can anyone say how advanced this computer is? I really can't tell. >_<
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:37:11 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #722 on: May 12, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »
A guy on the channel directed me to another site, and I looked there. I don't know much of anything about computers, but this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113078

Doesn't look bad at all.

Can anyone say how advanced this computer is? I really can't tell. >_<
I'll be blunt. It's good enough for your needs(being 60fps touhou)(and more). So yeah.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #723 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:21 AM »
i don't actually hate you guys

you're all right

Easy Mode

« Reply #724 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:19 AM »
i don't actually hate you guys

you're all right
no u shut up.

Just kidding. I don't know you.

nintendonut888

« Reply #725 on: May 12, 2009, 02:08:34 AM »
I'll be blunt. It's good enough for your needs(being 60fps touhou)(and more). So yeah.

Well, I'd like you to be a bit more specific. After all, Touhou may not be the only game I'll ever want to play. I still remember the trauma of only being able to play Half Life 2 on my dad's computer (which he took after the divorce...), so yeah.

Also, heh, my vending machine change collecting gimmick may finally come in handy.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #726 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:11 AM »
Well, I'd like you to be a bit more specific. After all, Touhou may not be the only game I'll ever want to play. I still remember the trauma of only being able to play Half Life 2 on my dad's computer (which he took after the divorce...), so yeah.

Also, heh, my vending machine change collecting gimmick may finally come in handy.
It has a Graphics card. Not sure how good it is, as I looked at the screen for all of 10 seconds.

eh...the graphics card sucks,but it's better then integrated graphics card. By far.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:15:53 AM by SodiumPeroxide »

nintendonut888

« Reply #727 on: May 12, 2009, 02:16:18 AM »
Wait...

*facepalm*

I just remembered that GameFAQs no doubt has a board for stuff like this.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #728 on: May 12, 2009, 02:19:44 AM »
wait. The graphics card is integrated. Thats what I get for reading for 10 seconds.

nintendonut888

« Reply #729 on: May 12, 2009, 02:22:41 AM »
Meaning...?

Man, I wish I could be an idiot maiden just so I wouldn't have to post EVERY TIME I want to ask for clarification.

Seriously, I've almost doubled Edible in posts.

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2009, 02:32:12 AM »
Went to acen, it was awesome. There was a touhou panel. A couple of Touhou cosplayers.  Saw REDALiCE and got picture and autograph. That will never happen again. 

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #731 on: May 12, 2009, 02:38:32 AM »
Went to acen, it was awesome. There was a touhou panel. A couple of Touhou cosplayers.  Saw REDALiCE and got picture and autograph. That will never happen again. 
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=6618476&id=713400206&ref=mf
Me as Marisa

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #732 on: May 12, 2009, 02:39:52 AM »
Meaning...?

Man, I wish I could be an idiot maiden just so I wouldn't have to post EVERY TIME I want to ask for clarification.

Seriously, I've almost doubled Edible in posts.
...Edible? wait, nvm, I read the sentence wrong. Also, you're not even playing mafia.

Basically it means that the graphics card is shit. Well, more along the lines of non-existent, but it'll do for basic computing.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:42:25 AM by SodiumPeroxide »

nintendonut888

« Reply #733 on: May 12, 2009, 02:46:08 AM »
Oh...

Damn. Would it still work for Touhou? I think the graphics card I have now may be integrated now that I think about it...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #734 on: May 12, 2009, 02:50:58 AM »
Oh...

Damn. Would it still work for Touhou? I think the graphics card I have now may be integrated now that I think about it...
That is what you have in your dying computer. An integrated graphics card.

Gpop

« Reply #735 on: May 12, 2009, 02:52:34 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=6618476&id=713400206&ref=mf
Me as Marisa

Facebook -_-

I'm not going to register just for that.

nintendonut888

« Reply #736 on: May 12, 2009, 02:55:03 AM »
That is what you have in your dying computer. An integrated graphics card.

...I see. What graphics card should I shoot for?

Wait, that's a dumb question. I guess I'll keep looking then...I knew it was too good to be true.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:58:54 AM by nintendonut888 »

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #737 on: May 12, 2009, 02:58:35 AM »
...I see. What graphics card should I shoot for?
Any 5+ years old graphic card should able to play touhou games...

nintendonut888

« Reply #738 on: May 12, 2009, 03:09:36 AM »
Well, I don't know how old what graphics card is.

How about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113087

More expensive, yes, but I'd rather get what works.

BTW, I checked, there actually isn't a dedicated computer board on GameFAQs. >_>

shinyjam

« Reply #739 on: May 12, 2009, 03:13:28 AM »
How about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113087
That one is not good, and if you just want to play touhou only, you don't need it that powerful. Those at $250 will do nicely.

nintendonut888

« Reply #740 on: May 12, 2009, 03:18:31 AM »
$250? Exactly what is it we're talking about here? o_O

Also what you said is confusing. Are you saying it's good enough for stuff like SA and SWR or not?

shinyjam

« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2009, 03:28:25 AM »
$250? Exactly what is it we're talking about here? o_O

Are you saying it's good enough for stuff like SA and SWR or not?
Well I look it up on newegg before suggesting that price range, those spec are enough for you to play all touhou game so far at max setting.

Should also able to play 95% of all 2D game (exclude intense 2d/3d mixture), the other 5% just need CPU upgrade to handle the workload.

3D game however, it's a wider range to decide. Should be fine on 3d game before...97...on low setting.

nintendonut888

« Reply #742 on: May 12, 2009, 03:32:16 AM »
Got it...thanks. Again, I'm happy I've gradually collected 200~ dollars these past few years, so the price is slightly lesser on us (we're poor).

And geez, I know the topic probably hasn't been much to look at lately, but I'm making the most of my time here until my computer unexpectedly dies. Hopefully I won't be gone for TOO long. Maybe if I wake up some more and Ruro's around to give her token support I'll draw Tenshi tonight...

+_+

I HAVE ARRIVED
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:51:37 AM by Sakura~n no Shana »

shinyjam

« Reply #743 on: May 12, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
Good luck, I know how it feel to have motivation constantly being crushed by lack of interest.

nintendonut888

« Reply #744 on: May 12, 2009, 03:49:09 AM »
One last question though if you don't mind: On that computer I linked to there, what is the RAM it has? I can't find it in the specs.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #745 on: May 12, 2009, 04:33:41 AM »
Gateway DX4200-11 Phenom X4 9550(2.2GHz) 6GB DDR2 750GB ATI Radeon HD 3200 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Retail

I've bolded two things here.

One is the RAM, one is something that will give you fits.

I'll let you guess which is which.

nintendonut888

« Reply #746 on: May 12, 2009, 04:37:24 AM »
Let me guess: That "64 bit" is supposed to make me mad.

Please enlighten me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #747 on: May 12, 2009, 04:43:34 AM »
Go research 64-bit architecture and doujin games and let me know what you find. :v

nintendonut888

« Reply #748 on: May 12, 2009, 04:49:05 AM »
Look, I've done a lot of research tonight, and I'm tired. Is it any worse than what I've got, and will it be extremely detrimental to my future Touhou career?

EDIT: And to answer your question, Strip Fighter 4 and some hentai game. >_>

... Strip Fighter?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:06:29 AM by Sakura~n no Shana »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #749 on: May 12, 2009, 05:14:59 AM »
Ya, Ruro, there is really a Strip Fighter game.

It's kinda shitty.

But... what IS it?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:16:42 AM by Sakura~n no Shana »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale