~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
Yukari and Yuyuko
(1/5) > >>
Wordspoken:
Yukari and Yuyuko are very close friends. There is an interestingly deep bond between them, don't you think?

What do we know about Yuyuko? She's dead (duh) and was alive a long time ago. She doesn't seem to recall much about it and acts like another person nowadays. That much we know.

What about Yukari? She has been around for a long time and definitely knew Yuyuko, when she was alive. Also, it was canonically hinted that "Yakumo" isn't her real name (in CoLA), but something she chose herself. This leaves open a lot of speculation, what her real surname is. Saigyoji perhaps?

My theory runs as this: Yuyuko and Yukari are actually sisters. Canon doesn't deny this possibility, even paving the way for it. It makes sense and explains a lot of things about their relationship.

I can't believe I haven't run into any doujin that would use this idea.

ps. Please note that I am presenting this idea more as a food for thought, than a given fact. Only ZUN can make those.
Herasy:

--- Quote from: Wordspoken on April 28, 2009, 01:23:05 PM ---Also, it was canonically hinted that "Yakumo" isn't her real name (in CoLA), but something she chose herself.

--- End quote ---

What chapter? I don't ever recall that.

My own theory on Yukari was that she was actually closely related to the Hakurei bloodline, I got the idea when she was training Reimu to summon the powers of other gods in SSiB. I always wondered how she happened to know what Reimu was capable of and could also teach her how to perform it.

Unless of course I'm missing something and there happens to be a simple explanation for all that  :-X
Mima:
My thoughts on Yukari are covered in the RiG series.

Spoilers

Yukari is Murasaki Hakurei, the shrine maiden who first created Gensokyo and became a youkai to watch over the world and ensure peace.

WRATHIE_Beatrice:
yes we noe.. >3
Wordspoken:

--- Quote from: Herasy on April 28, 2009, 01:46:50 PM ---What chapter? I don't ever recall that.

My own theory on Yukari was that she was actually closely related to the Hakurei bloodline, I got the idea when she was training Reimu to summon the powers of other gods in SSiB. I always wondered how she happened to know what Reimu was capable of and could also teach her how to perform it.

Unless of course I'm missing something and there happens to be a simple explanation for all that  :-X

--- End quote ---
Based on this.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version