~Beyond the Border~ > Mystia's Stored Games

Sakuya Quest 16 - A Z-Machine Adventure

<< < (38/38)

Hello Purvis:

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on October 06, 2018, 11:50:43 AM ---
>Oooh,if then it is alright to ask....What were those pictures by Aya ?
>Any(more or less noteworthy) "communities"/groups/organizations "missed or that should had been better explored?

--- End quote ---

>Ask me later~
>The big one was the Kobito village. You could have found your watch there, and made some little friends.
>Anyways, while I'm here, lemme see what other things I can remember.
>The messenger in Apex, the one that gave you Kanako's message and permission to use the jet, was one of the Pond Snail Sisters; from a story of two sisters who were so lazy and carefree they ended up turning to pond snails. Eventually they were saved by two hardworking brothers with prayers to Ebisumaru ( think?). This one just sort of ended up a lazy friendly youkai, and under Kanako's employment.
>The people you passed by in Apex that looked like humans but had something off were Inuit shadow people, who were humans that lived in the other world.
>The neighborhood that Nue's teahouse was in a Pueblo Native American area. Her business switched from a pub because selling liquor to Native Americans felt like poor taste.
>The wide-shouldered youkai at the Apex Myouren Temple garden was a nurikabe. I expect one of those to show up in Touhou proper one of these days.
>The black woman working as Hatate's secretary was Madam Koi Koi, a nigerian woman of legend who was a teacher that chased her son into the wild after he stole her shoe as a prank, and vanished. According to legend, she wanders the jungles looking for her lost son. Had you looked around the desk for any reason, you would have seen she has one shoe. She's there because Hatate has a lot of information sources to help in her search.
>The red-handed youkai at the Hong Dojo was an akateko. She was very protective of children for a reason.
>Yanna Case, the big foreign woman at the Dojo (and also sometimes hero according to history) is a Tractor Tsukomugami. Some of those are 100 years old now~
>Irastume was a cow youkai. In particular, she is from a story where a rogue snuck under shrine and impersonated the voice of the shrine god and commanded a local noble to give him her beautiful daughter for marriage. The noble complied, but as the daughter was being carried by litter to the wedding sight, a passing samurai freed her and put a cow in the litter. The rogue believed that the cow was the woman, under some curse, and married it. That cow would eventually become a youkai due to the rogue's strange loyalty. The Warlord is a descendant of that samurai; whom Iratsume felt an obligation toward after the rogue passed away. Had you managed to befriend her, she would have happily told all this.
>The priest of the Hakurei Shrine in Haihan was Azuki Arai . The ritual she was performing with the buddha statue comes from an actual legend, wherein they put salt on the statue's lips to make it thirsty so that it would bring rain. As the years went on, they had to find saltier and saltier things to make it thirsty.
>The baker with the arms at Apex, where you met Seiga, was one of the Hekatonkheires from Greek Myth. Amusingly, she was planned well before Hecatia was a thing.
>There are others, I can't immediately remember them. Feel free to ask.

the old guy:

--- Quote from: Hello Purvis on October 07, 2018, 01:55:33 AM --->The black woman working as Hatate's secretary was Madam Koi Koi, a nigerian woman of legend who was a teacher that chased her son into the wild after he stole her shoe as a prank, and vanished. According to legend, she wanders the jungles looking for her lost son. Had you looked around the desk for any reason, you would have seen she has one shoe. She's there because Hatate has a lot of information sources to help in her search.

--- End quote ---
I tried looking her up, and I couldn't find anything about her losing her son in the jungle, what source did you get that interesting tidbit from?

Hello Purvis:
I don't remember anymore, or I would have linked it. It was some list of five African mythological things. As I recall, her son of was one of her students, and thus the only one who could steal her shoe and be expected not to receive too much abuse for it.

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: Hello Purvis on October 07, 2018, 01:55:33 AM --->Ask me later~
>The big one was the Kobito village. You could have found your watch there, and made some little friends.
>Anyways, while I'm here, lemme see what other things I can remember.
>The messenger in Apex, the one that gave you Kanako's message and permission to use the jet, was one of the Pond Snail Sisters; from a story of two sisters who were so lazy and carefree they ended up turning to pond snails. Eventually they were saved by two hardworking brothers with prayers to Ebisumaru ( think?). This one just sort of ended up a lazy friendly youkai, and under Kanako's employment.
>The people you passed by in Apex that looked like humans but had something off were Inuit shadow people, who were humans that lived in the other world.
>The neighborhood that Nue's teahouse was in a Pueblo Native American area. Her business switched from a pub because selling liquor to Native Americans felt like poor taste.
>The wide-shouldered youkai at the Apex Myouren Temple garden was a nurikabe. I expect one of those to show up in Touhou proper one of these days.
>The black woman working as Hatate's secretary was Madam Koi Koi, a nigerian woman of legend who was a teacher that chased her son into the wild after he stole her shoe as a prank, and vanished. According to legend, she wanders the jungles looking for her lost son. Had you looked around the desk for any reason, you would have seen she has one shoe. She's there because Hatate has a lot of information sources to help in her search.
>The red-handed youkai at the Hong Dojo was an akateko. She was very protective of children for a reason.
>Yanna Case, the big foreign woman at the Dojo (and also sometimes hero according to history) is a Tractor Tsukomugami. Some of those are 100 years old now~
>Irastume was a cow youkai. In particular, she is from a story where a rogue snuck under shrine and impersonated the voice of the shrine god and commanded a local noble to give him her beautiful daughter for marriage. The noble complied, but as the daughter was being carried by litter to the wedding sight, a passing samurai freed her and put a cow in the litter. The rogue believed that the cow was the woman, under some curse, and married it. That cow would eventually become a youkai due to the rogue's strange loyalty. The Warlord is a descendant of that samurai; whom Iratsume felt an obligation toward after the rogue passed away. Had you managed to befriend her, she would have happily told all this.
>The priest of the Hakurei Shrine in Haihan was Azuki Arai . The ritual she was performing with the buddha statue comes from an actual legend, wherein they put salt on the statue's lips to make it thirsty so that it would bring rain. As the years went on, they had to find saltier and saltier things to make it thirsty.
>The baker with the arms at Apex, where you met Seiga, was one of the Hekatonkheires from Greek Myth. Amusingly, she was planned well before Hecatia was a thing.
>There are others, I can't immediately remember them. Feel free to ask.

--- End quote ---
> An Insight about Shinmyonmaru and,maybe,Sejia on the one(present)+three (future)timelines please?
>Same about the Four Oni Devas,of course glossing over clear  spoilers for the next Quests.
>How is Dreamy Sky ,the former and,is/will be holding up at the (!) Myouren Temple ? Besides ,is/will be that promising bond blooming with Flandre like when Sakuya had to leave?
>Quite a bit of nicely-adapted Mythological/Folklore/Legends!
>Insighta About them : (The 2nd  Return of the Knights Round Table!  :] ) timeyet again Sir Ector,King Wart and ,I am assuming,Sir Percival (the Young Axe-Wielding Knight from Nue Quest).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version