Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258342 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #450 on: November 03, 2018, 03:56:28 AM »
Then again, guess Shadow Bosses are all up next anyway from the looks of it.

Spoiler:
mfw Satori uses Biorhythm when I have her on like 20% HP and Koishi heals her right back up again. why me.
Spoiler:
Koishi
falls down like wet paper to things that can actually hit her, so I just killed her first. IIRC she's also weak to void, if you have Maribel for a double whammy liberated abilities. Her
Spoiler:
Super Ego
deals obscene damage anyway so it's just easier to get her out first @.@
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:58:02 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #451 on: November 03, 2018, 10:45:57 AM »
Spoiler:
Koishi
falls down like wet paper to things that can actually hit her, so I just killed her first. IIRC she's also weak to void, if you have Maribel for a double whammy liberated abilities. Her
Spoiler:
Super Ego
deals obscene damage anyway so it's just easier to get her out first @.@

My strategy for the entire Plus Disk has been Renko + Maribel anyway, they got the first two Awakenings and ever since then it's just been Concentrate into Liberated Abilities for millions of damage on everything ever and they both have way more Level Up Bonuses than their actual level right now. lmao

Kasen and Nitori also have been absolutely performing.
Spoiler:
Finished up the Fallen Yamata no Orochi, now to find some way to get past that other dumb dragon. That wind attack is so silly.

« Reply #452 on: November 03, 2018, 11:57:20 AM »
My strategy for the entire Plus Disk has been Renko + Maribel anyway, they got the first two Awakenings and ever since then it's just been Concentrate into Liberated Abilities for millions of damage on everything ever and they both have way more Level Up Bonuses than their actual level right now. lmao

Kasen and Nitori also have been absolutely performing.
Spoiler:
Finished up the Fallen Yamata no Orochi, now to find some way to get past that other dumb dragon. That wind attack is so silly.

I fully agree on Renko + Maribel, there are so many bosses where you can basically solo the entire fight with the two of them. Maribel especially is awesome, I remember fighting the Shadow Team 9 and, once it was down to Maribel vs Shadow Wriggle, she just soloed the damn bug lady thx to Ability to See Boundaries - that skill is simply incredible on some fights^^

« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
What are 7-Star-Remnants best spent on? I don't have a Machine God Lucifer or Tokugawa Statue yet so I was thinking of one of those, but I'm really not sure. Currently only on 42F at around ~500 party level, 28F in the tree.

« Reply #454 on: November 03, 2018, 06:19:52 PM »
As far as I know, Machine God Lucifers aren't worth saving up for. They're not actually that awesome, and getting the dusts required for one requires a good 50-ish floor streak. Always go for Tokugawa statues instead.

...But even then, you can simply craft those and find them in chests, so in the end not even that's not really necessary. I usually just dump almost all my dusts into infinite gems to buy things from Akyuu, like duplicate awakenings, jewels, and tomes. If saving up for ANYTHING in IC, go either for a quartz charm (super good extremely late) or just the statue.

« Reply #455 on: November 03, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »
Yeah, makes sense. I was considering it because I use the Maintenance party members a lot, but even then the statue would probably be better instead. What about the materials? Gems sound like a safe beat since they're cheap.

« Reply #456 on: November 03, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »
Stat boost gems, you mean? Not really necessary to spend dusts on those since floor b11 and f28-30 monsters drop them, so by the time you're done actually grinding exp you will have enough gems to max out most of your party, buuut on the other hand buying them now means you get their benefits sooner. IMO it doesn't really matter, as long as you're not buying the crappy equipment that's already pretty much obsolete, but one of the other experts here may disagree.

« Reply #457 on: November 03, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »
Yeah, makes sense. I was considering it because I use the Maintenance party members a lot, but even then the statue would probably be better instead. What about the materials? Gems sound like a safe beat since they're cheap.

IMO the materials should be bought only if you don't have enough of them to craft something (ie you already have all the other necessary materials), mainly because there's a decent chance you can get them from chests or as drops, so stocking up on them is not particularly necessary. Infinity Gems are always a good choice since Akyuu's store is a huge sink for them (just remember that you can only hold 200 of them at once).

« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »
Got it! Also, sorry for all the annoying questions, but any Awakenings I should aim for early on that are just objectively super good? I have 3 items right now and Renko and Maribel already are Awakened.
Spoiler:
Maybe something to get past 28f Ryujin-Sama with...

« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »
Got it! Also, sorry for all the annoying questions, but any Awakenings I should aim for early on that are just objectively super good? I have 3 items right now and Renko and Maribel already are Awakened.
Spoiler:
Maybe something to get past 28f Ryujin-Sama with...

It could help if you told us which party are you using... but assuming you're using her, Miko's awakening is quite damn strong, I always get it first (and then Maribel's)

« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
Oh hello people, I'm new here so I don't really know if I using the right button to write this. I love this game and I really liking the plus disk, currently I'm about to fight the underground Orochi.

I still haven't learned how to use every character, I have complete no Idea on how to use Maribel and I've awakened Remilia and Wriggle (yeah wriggle, I had no idea on who to awake after Remilia).  Could anyone tell me on what floor do I need the Rhododentron Seal, the one from the Holy Guardian from BF3? I've got for quite a while but I have no idea its use, and that is wierd, normally I find its use before getting it.

Also is it possible to makes suggestion about changes in the wiki? Because the strategy written for the In Laquetti boss (the seal creature from BF2) is exactly what NOT to do. In Laquetti only uses the Karmic attack if he is inflicted with something, and that some

« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2018, 09:20:49 PM »
It could help if you told us which party are you using... but assuming you're using her, Miko's awakening is quite damn strong, I always get it first (and then Maribel's)

Renko is my tank, I usually have Aya with me, Sanae/Eirin/Reimu support core, Maribel/Kasen/Nitori/Miko/Meiling as attackers, rest is whatever I need (trash clear, boosts, something specific for a boss fight)

« Reply #462 on: November 03, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »
Renko is my tank, I usually have Aya with me, Sanae/Eirin/Reimu support core, Maribel/Kasen/Nitori/Miko/Meiling as attackers, rest is whatever I need (trash clear, boosts, something specific for a boss fight)

Then yes I'd definitely pick Miko for awakening. Supreme Divinely-Appointed Stateswoman makes Tradition of Just Rewards incredibly strong (I generally awaken Miko right before fighting Yamata no Orochi, since having a SPI + DRK attack which debuffs all stats makes that fight almost unfairly easy^^). Mega Asuka Heritage attack is a must if you're not using Futo. And Prince's Lecture makes Miko work even better alongside Renko + Maribel and Sanae.

« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2018, 10:00:25 PM »
Sanae's awakening is really nice because of the MP recovery on Miracle of Fafrotskies, though its relevance depends on how often Sanae stays out, Super Youkai Buster is also pretty strong when it comes into play. Kasen's awakening is also pretty nice due to her new spell and the stat boost from Healty Mind and Body; Adversity+ gives a 40% damage bonus whenever Kasen is is afflicted with an ailment or debuff, giving Kasen excellent synergy with Hina/Iku. Miko's awakening is really good due to the increased effect from buffs, which works at half strength from the back.

When it comes to other characters, the most relevant ones are probably Mystia's and Eiki's, since they both get skills that work from the back  (Mystia debuffs enemies when any of your frontliners dodge and Eiki reduces all damage you receive by 10%). There's also Reisen, who's capability to reduce/pierce enemy resistances can make her really useful in certain fights. Finally, Akyuu's awakening gives her access to some useful passives and her damage boost spellcard, which automatically skyrockets her to one of the best support characters in the game.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:03:33 PM by Libra »

« Reply #464 on: November 04, 2018, 04:22:16 PM »
... So after 28F is really all that's left just a lot of grinding on 28F for 29F bosses or how are you supposed to bridge that massive level gap?

« Reply #465 on: November 04, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
After beating one of them (the lowest level one is pretty reasonable), you can get access to 30f, which has Metal Kedama on it. They give absurd amounts of EXP and money when defeated, which makes them the ideal way to grind for 29f.

« Reply #466 on: November 04, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »
Have you explored b11f yet? The rock after the Hollow Yamata-na-Orochi lets you pass once you defeat the Dragon God. In b11f you can find an event that gives you great amounts of exp and money.

« Reply #467 on: November 04, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »
Sweet, good to know. I'll get myself prepped for that one then. And I did open up B11F, but after running into encounters that healed themselves faster than I could killed them I went back out lmao.

« Reply #468 on: November 04, 2018, 06:58:42 PM »
Sweet, good to know. I'll get myself prepped for that one then. And I did open up B11F, but after running into encounters that healed themselves faster than I could killed them I went back out lmao.
Yeah, the first time you get to b11f you're supposed to run from most encounters and just make it till the end.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #469 on: November 04, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
It's in the dialogue that the dragon god tells you to explore b11f first, but translation. It's literally like 100 levels worth of exp and similarly gigantic amount of cash. XD

Throw Chen in the party for cheap running and go wild.

As for 30f kedama grinds, you'll literally NEED Aya and either accurate instant death, or someone with piercing. (Piercing Attack passive or a 100% def/mnd ignore move) They have incredible def/mnd, speed, and evasion, but their hp is next to nothing and they're weak to instant death. The metal kedamas spawn frequently in two specific rooms on the map. ...I don't remember which at the moment though z.z

I went ahead and used Awakened Shou for my kedama killer since her boosts and treasure gun really speed things up and she's got Piercing Attack. She's not necessary, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #470 on: November 04, 2018, 10:37:34 PM »
The exact tile where the switch is at the end of the mazes is one of them. There's even a convenient shortcut right to it from the waypoint.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »
I've explored all I can on 25F, do I head back to 23/24F?

I'm also on B7, but I can't progress further due to a rock requiring all party members.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Does the current version of the TL patch work with the latest update? I know it' not fully transalted dialgoue wise, I just need to be able to see the spells etc cuz I'm a dumb dumb.

« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2018, 04:13:06 PM »
Does the current version of the TL patch work with the latest update? I know it' not fully transalted dialgoue wise, I just need to be able to see the spells etc cuz I'm a dumb dumb.
Some spells/skills/items have untranslated descriptions/parameters but the names are all translated.

I've explored all I can on 25F, do I head back to 23/24F?

I'm also on B7, but I can't progress further due to a rock requiring all party members.

Did you defeat all the copy spirits yet? There's a straightforward path to a boss on 26F after you did so. If you haven't, you probably missed one - there's five in total. The 25F map is also on the english wiki if you wanna check for yourself.

... which reminds me that that thing hasn't been updated with the very late floors and paired with the untranslated dialogue it's left me a little bit of a headless chicken as of recent hence all my questions, lmao.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #474 on: November 05, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
Did you defeat all the copy spirits yet? There's a straightforward path to a boss on 26F after you did so. If you haven't, you probably missed one - there's five in total. The 25F map is also on the english wiki if you wanna check for yourself.

I had a feeling that there was some bosses. I messed up on pressing some buttons, thank you!

« Reply #475 on: November 05, 2018, 06:59:26 PM »
On an unrelated note, you guys should give Kokoro another chance - now Worrisome Man of Qi actually hurts^^ Overall, I've been playing her alongside Yuugi and Nitori, and her damage output has been respectable even when compared to such monstrous attackers (also, Yuugi's Ruinous Superstrength makes Kokoro's main single-target attack even stronger)

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »
Now's a good time to update the wiki yourself Mono if you would please. You can fill in the parts you understood and got through by yourself and you'll have an especially vivid memory for some of the less straightforward parts since you needed to ask for guidance about it. I used to write about the bosses in the main game as I fought through it, jotting down notes when the attacks weren't translated and I could only describe their effects. Currently, I'm not in any position contribute anything new, and the strategies I plan on using probably won't work all that well at challenge level.

I'm also addicted to my Switch and Genso Wanderer Reloaded so my attention has been split even more.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2018, 07:31:58 PM »
On an unrelated note, you guys should give Kokoro another chance - now Worrisome Man of Qi actually hurts^^
Kokoro is solidly OK; the Qi buff was great, and her mask effect was slightly increased. It's just that she's not actually better than.. most of your other options. The mask effect is still pretty low on not-Kokoro, you're still buffing boss attack/magic. And her bulk/damage, while totally sufficient, aren't anything special unless the boss is weak to her physical move for fighting spirit charges.

One of the upsides is she can build for either damage stat, so you can subclass for literally any weakness, so there's that. That's the only thing she really has going for her past having fairly good base stats, though. Almost all of her kit is about her emotions, and they aren't very useful beyond serving as her damage boost passive. Still... yeah, her damage is fine, she's got some bulk, putting her in the party works out fine. It's just that you can definitely do better if she isn't one of your favorite characters.

« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2018, 10:58:54 PM »
Kokoro is solidly OK; the Qi buff was great, and her mask effect was slightly increased. It's just that she's not actually better than.. most of your other options. The mask effect is still pretty low on not-Kokoro, you're still buffing boss attack/magic. And her bulk/damage, while totally sufficient, aren't anything special unless the boss is weak to her physical move for fighting spirit charges.

One of the upsides is she can build for either damage stat, so you can subclass for literally any weakness, so there's that. That's the only thing she really has going for her past having fairly good base stats, though. Almost all of her kit is about her emotions, and they aren't very useful beyond serving as her damage boost passive. Still... yeah, her damage is fine, she's got some bulk, putting her in the party works out fine. It's just that you can definitely do better if she isn't one of your favorite characters.

I do agree that her damage isn't outstanding, though I have swapped her into Kasen's place and I'd argue she's definitely stronger than Kasen, especially in terms of multi-target damage (Echoes of the Nine Forest Gods just doesn't compare).

What I really like about Kokoro, though, is that she's incredibly bulky for the sort of damage she can dish out - her balanced stats combined with cheap library costs and fast levelling rate gives her a stunning amount of resilience. I'm gonna wait until I get "equal gears/gems" before I make more solid comparisons, but right now I'm pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to keep Kokoro out, against even the fiercest foes.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #479 on: November 05, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »
Problem is that as you get farther into Plus, def/mnd steadily matter less and less against most kinds of attacks. It never goes completely out of style, but it's really not the focus. It's damage reduction passives and max HP. (Which is boosted -so- much on base level, plus if you use Eirin, well...) When most of your party is awakened, a lot of attackers have some pretty intense damage reduction abilities, and more than a couple who just plain resist dying.

At that point, having nice def/mnd and above average base hp isn't quite as meaningful as before, and she only gets direct damage reduction if she spams her Physical attack. Not when you've got people like Youmu/Mokou/Akyuu who literally won't die, Meiling with ~42% direct reduction, all the people with non-dependent Fighting Spirit, etc. And all of those people can deal pretty intense damage. People who -don't- carry that level of durability mostly feature either even MORE damage (marisa spark with murakumo boost) or some kind of specialty, like ignoring defense/mind (REALLY important on some very hard fights) or having support stuff on the side.

Kokoro's got a side-support! ...but the masks only effect stats by like 10%, so it's a really weak support.