Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 258451 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2018, 08:28:40 AM »
Unfortunately, the "closest" I got is a save with WINNER defeated 255 times and everybody at level 3000+ :-)
Oh well, but that would work too :)
I was watching a stream and it occurred to me; there's still 1 more nigh-guaranteed patch to fix the major overflow issues, so if there's any balance changes to be suggested, they'd need to be emailed before that's too close to finished. (Who knows when he'll put it out, because he's probably taking a break, but someday)
Also there seems to be no way to get repeated rewards from achievements for beating final bosses. For example, I found reward for killing
Spoiler:
True Dragon Kind
to be exceedingly good balanced, so I could use at least 12 of them (I know that stat boost isn't high, but I like the status protection it gives). It is not bug per se, but I thought there were words about being able to get additional copies of those items.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:30:22 AM by Rinnie »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
Is the method not to
Spoiler:
defeat the lv12400 version
?

If not, I would check Nitori's crafting list after finishing all game content and touching the ball, and after that assume it's a rare drop from 5 star corridor chests after owning one  :V

Actually actually, didn't someone say that the boss strengthen ball had a paragraph about the corridor that he couldn't read well enough to understand? It might seriously be that all the limited boss items are added to the corridor's item pool.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:32:49 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Is the method not to
Spoiler:
defeat the lv12400 version
?
I don't think it is of any importance
Spoiler:
especially if to consider that True Dragon King will respawn in any case
. You get achievement completed and get reward out of it. And some of those rewards don't drop anywhere.
Spoiler:
True Dragon King (Enhanced or not)
doesn't drop any loot. Neither does
Spoiler:
new Ame no Murakomo
. There is exclusive achievement reward for defeating
Spoiler:
WIinner
, and I think there are few more some such unique items.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »
Based on the timing of the posts, I'm not sure I edited my previous post fast enough for you to see it; after remembering about the ball's corridor paragraph I heavily suspect that's what's going on. Although it's good to have confirmation it's -not-
Spoiler:
the refights
!

Edit:It should be the words in here. https://imgur.com/8fXP13j
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:55:44 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »
This might be WAY late but

does anyone have the labyrinth of touhou 1 2.04 english patch? all links i have came across so far are dead,i wanna try rebirth

« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »
Based on the timing of the posts, I'm not sure I edited my previous post fast enough for you to see it; after remembering about the ball's corridor paragraph I heavily suspect that's what's going on. Although it's good to have confirmation it's -not-
Spoiler:
the refights
!

Edit:It should be the words in here. https://imgur.com/8fXP13j
Yeah, I saw your edit only now :)

Good if so. I saw LonelyGaruga also mentioned this. It would be great if someone with knowledge of Japanese could tell us, what do those words actually mean :)

« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2018, 03:28:56 PM »
Ah, I still haven't properly translated it, but looking at it again I think it says that defeating the strengthened bosses adds their items to the Corridor trade-in list. Can someone check if that's the case?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »
The trade-in list?! Oh god... I can only imagine the prices.

I guess I'll have to keep swapping in Aya after all. I only use her to get through Risky floors in the corridor safely.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:43:06 PM by Serela »

« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »
Ah, I still haven't properly translated it, but looking at it again I think it says that defeating the strengthened bosses adds their items to the Corridor trade-in list. Can someone check if that's the case?
Yes, it seems you are right. I killed
Spoiler:
Enhanced True Dragon King and Enhanced Ame no Murakumo, of course by using cheated test character, my real characters stand no chance against those,
and now I can see their achievement rewards in IC shop.

Price list is here (warning, spoiler): https://i.imgur.com/LLBeIhq.png

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
That's
Spoiler:
~70 floors worth of
dust and you can't even get it until like, finishing your third loop of the corridor. @.@ Dust Stock maxes at 25% conversion last we tested, so you can't just save it all up ahead of time either... what a silly situation. Even I might never see one of those.

Out of curiosity, can you check
Spoiler:
beating all the other strengthened bosses? The 29F fights and Hollow Orochi on b10f, I believe.
Not that their items are really worth buying more of at that point, but.

« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »
Out of curiosity, can you check
Spoiler:
beating all the other strengthened bosses? The 29F fights and Hollow Orochi on b10f, I believe.
Not that their items are really worth buying more of at that point, but.
I think I killed (or rather used cheated character to kill) all strengthened bosses, so here is price list with all new additions: https://i.imgur.com/jj1LhUd.png
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:36:45 PM by Rinnie »

« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »
Seems like a bit of a waste in the end. By the time you can get these, you don't need them anymore. You're done. There's nothing to prepare for, except I guess even MORE IC. At that point, I'd just start a new game.

Also on the subject of plus disc chars, I think another big reason nobody really uses them is they come too late. By the time you have them, you've already got a well established team and playstyle, it's much less likely you'd throw out somebody to give some new clean slate character a test drive. Not to say that they aren't a bit lackluster too, but if most of the game is already done by the time you have them, they're less attractive to use. Add onto this no (ingame) way to use em even in new game plus and even if you could, they're quite SP demanding to even do anything, and you have characters that have to try VERY hard to get into a team that's already full and decided.

Meanwhile I made it to floor 17, so it's time for another Translation Patch Report. Very minor stuff now. There's a typo in I believe the Byakuren Sutra Scroll 3 event (Nazrin says "They are" instead of "there" or something like that... I don't remember) and the temperature gates have bad formatting that shows the linebreak "@" and cuts off the rest of the message... but it's still perfectly comprehensible anyway.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »
Yeah, at that point it's literally just winner refights and megadeep Corridor. And... by the time you've looped the corridor 3 times, you're probably tired of that; jeez it unlocks so late.
Also on the subject of plus disc chars, I think another big reason nobody really uses them is they come too late.
You're not entirely wrong, but I was also using Miko+Futo+Akyuu all at once when I was in the middle of Plus, and the reason I didn't use more was just because they didn't look... good. Shou is actually pretty meh apart from grinding boosts, unless you're planning to stall harder bosses and build up Wrath (which takes a longg time to actually surpass strong characters), plus she really wants Rinnosuke (and Byakuren) but Rinnosuke gets outclassed when speed gets massive and Byakuren gets outclassed by Sanae. Koishi is bleh unless you run a LOT of certain characters (unless her eva works better than expected?) and Tokiko is kind of awkward at all of her roles, even if she has potential. Mamizou is actually probably fine, just she wasn't top-class enough for me to bite. Her awakening burns a bit of time and doesn't scale well with speed.

And Kokoro, well, her gimmick just doesn't pan out.

Miko and Futo are really good and I enjoyed using them. I almost kept Futo (she's a great character but I minmaxed even harder and she lost to mokou lol), and I only replaced Miko because I plan on overplaying some and she doesn't scale well in post-endgame. I -wanted- to use Koishi but I'd have to like, build my party around her with the full Earth Spirits (why doesn't she have kinship though :c) and Mystia and maybe even Suika and TRR characters. Because she doesn't look all that great unless you try to enable all of her stuff. And the endgame stuff generally has really high accuracy...

tl;dr, I used all the characters who looked good except Mamizou. And I only didn't use the others because they... don't. Tokiko maybe if you value her passives highly enough, but they aren't super important in end meta.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:49:43 PM by Serela »

« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
Does LoT1 have any good qualities over LoT2? or does everyone agree its a total upgrade

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2018, 08:23:17 PM »
There isn't as much in the realm of overpoweringly strong characters, although they still overbuffed Nitori's main nuke a bit much. There's also some beauty in simplicity, not having to allocate all these passive skills and subclasses, etc. Since the game is, as a result, easier to balance, it plays a bit more stably and you're generally at the exact level of power needed to just manage to overcome the next boss (unless you happen to know/have the exact right party to exploit it to hell and back)

« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2018, 10:47:16 PM »
Does LoT1 have any good qualities over LoT2? or does everyone agree its a total upgrade
It is my subjective opinion, but I'd say that LoT1 is second best dungeon crawling RPG after LoT2. So even if LoT2 is significantly superior to LoT1, LoT1 is still worth to play just because it is second best and it has its own warm soul.

Also I need to say that I liked SP (Spell Points) system in LoT1 more than MP in LoT2. That was one thing, which was superior, but it is a big thing. In LoT1 you could eventually have almost infinite SP, but In LoT2 you have to constantly watch your MP, and there are many enemies who destroy it.

« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2018, 11:01:07 PM »
It is my subjective opinion, but I'd say that LoT1 is second best dungeon crawling RPG after LoT2. So even if LoT2 is significantly superior to LoT1, LoT1 is still worth to play just because it is second best and it has its own warm soul.

Also I need to say that I liked SP (Spell Points) system in LoT1 more than MP in LoT2. That was one thing, which was superior, but it is a big thing. In LoT1 you could eventually have almost infinite SP, but In LoT2 you have to constantly watch your MP, and there are many enemies who destroy it.

I actually stand on the opposite side of this, I thought MP was one of 2's biggest improvements over 1 specifically BECAUSE it makes it an actual resource you need to pay attention to and make sacrifices for. I found it rather dull how in 1 you could eventually just do any move whenever you wanted with no real worry, which gave you even less reason to actually have backups and a full team of actually useful damage dealers.

Granted it still sorta gets this way in 2. With full gems and MP boosts, just about any character gets an MP pool large enough to last any fight and then some.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2018, 11:16:12 PM »
The boss fights in 1 imo are definitely a strength over 2's bosses, as Serela mentioned the simplicity affects the balance a lot and made the fights more interesting.
Skills and Subclasses were the best and worst thing to happen to 2 as a result, providing a high level of customisation which is a positive for some but in return that high level of customisation means that some boss fights are just... really wonky to say the least.

I prefer SP over MP myself but I see the merit in having it be a resource to be mindful of even into late maingame but I'm lazy so I appreciate the eventual infinite-ness of SP.

« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2018, 11:24:36 PM »
Spoiler! Stats of true real final super boss of LoT2 :)
Spoiler:
Stats of Enhanced True Dragon King.
(Real HP shown, it will have so much HP after overflow is fixed)
1st Phase, 1st Form:
Lv: 12,800
HP: 77,998,750,000
ATK: 575,000,000
DEF: 322,940,000
MAG: 726,600,000
MND: 322,940,000
SPD: 2,480,000
2nd Phase, 2nd Form:
HP: 32,267,660,000
ATK: 872,500,000
DEF: 322,940,000
MAG: 1,000,000
MND: 322,940,000
SPD: 1,363,388
2nd Phase, 3rd Form:
Lv: 12800
HP: 25,488,440,000
ATK: 527,448,000
DEF: 148,488,000
MND: 148,488,000
SPD: 1,363,388
3rd Phase, 4th Form:
HP: 74,400,000,000
ATK: 512,000,000
DEF: 77,600,160
MAG: 512,000,000
MND: 77,600,160
SPD: 3,600,000
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:30:38 PM by Rinnie »

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »
If you're grabbing stats, can you post the ones for
Spoiler:
Lv 1920 Living God Murakumo + its Arms and Lv 2400 Full Power Ryujin-sama?
Affinity values for the latter would be much appreciated too, or at least knowing what the neutral/weak elements are. I think I have a good strategy for the former, but actually getting a no character loss run is proving to be difficult, and more information can't hurt. The AI scripts would be amazing too, but those would be harder to access I'd imagine.

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:15 PM »
Spoiler:
Affinity values for the latter would be much appreciated too, or at least knowing what the neutral/weak elements are. I think I have a good strategy for the former, but actually getting a no character loss run is proving to be difficult, and more information can't hurt. The AI scripts would be amazing too, but those would be harder to access I'd imagine.
Sure, I will post it in 15-20 min (except for AI script).

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:34 PM »
I just unlocked Flandre, Byakuren and Yuuka on my new run. I'd forgotten how incredibly annoying grinding BP was. Getting 400 BP on Minoriko isn't so bad, since you probably have at least 200 from when you had access to much fewer characters. But getting 400 BP on Nazrin is just soul-crushing, especially since getting Byakuren is the only reason to fish Nazrin out of the trash can. At least now I finally have enough money to get everyone to decent library levels.

Interestingly, I haven't been having nearly as much trouble with the bottleneck bosses this time. 9F Tenshi and the Mirror and Magatama all went down in short order, compared to the hours and hours of refights it took me to beat them on my first few playthroughs. I'm still dreading facing Shredding Amnisieri and Guardian of the Crystals with nerfed Gambler. I really relied on that +90% damage boost for beating them at challenge level...

The boss fights in 1 imo are definitely a strength over 2's bosses, as Serela mentioned the simplicity affects the balance a lot and made the fights more interesting.

Boss fights in 1 were all incredibly annoying because you couldn't see the health bar. If you wanted to not be completely blindsided by the boss entering a panic phase, you had to note down all the damage you did to them and compare it against their health number from the wiki to see how far through the fight you were. Not being able to tell at a glance if you were hitting weakness or not is similarly annoying, but much less tedious to cure via wiki.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2018, 11:48:38 PM »
But getting 400 BP on Nazrin is just soul-crushing, especially since getting Byakuren is the only reason to fish Nazrin out of the trash can.
Yeah, I would highly recommend to anyone to just use all characters when you get them until you hit their needed BP value. Using Nazrin for several floors early/midgame isn't a big deal, she hits plenty of weaknesses and you probably don't have a lot of the characters you want to use yet.

SDM though I just manually grinded. Too many characters I wasn't planning on using. I think I used Meiling for real, and did grind with Komachi+the other 3 sdm members, since I didn't want to use Komachi and she doesn't need bp until way late like SDM.

« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2018, 12:02:59 AM »
Spoiler:
By
Spoiler:
Full Power Ryujin-sama you mean Dragon God at 2400 (not 12800)
? Stats of other one is below: Sry for a lot of black text, spoiler :) There is one unknown affinity type, I marked it as ???
Spoiler:
Sword:
Lv: 1920
HP: 1,267,700,000
ATK: 7,000,000
DEF: 12,800,000
MAG: 7,000,000
MND: 12,800,000
SPD: 65,536
EVA: 4
ACC: 128
FIR, CLD, WND. NTR, MYS: 100
SPI, DRK: 200
PHY, ???: 100
PSN: 200
PAR: 100
HVY: 0
SHK: 1000
TRR: 0
SIL: 200
DTH: 1000
DBFATK: 0
DBFDEF: 200
DBFMAG: 1000
DBFMND: 200
DBFSPD: 0
Right Arm (on left part of screen):
HP: 452,540,000
ATK: 11,880,000
DEF: 18,800,000
MAG: 988,000
MND: 2,560,000
SPD: 40,000
EVA: 0
ACC: 100
FIR: 100
CLD, WND: 200
NTR: 50
MYS: 100
SPI: 50
DRK: 500
PHY: 200
???, PSN, PAR, HVY, SHK, TRR: 100
SIL: 1000
DTH, DBFATK, DBFDEF, DBFMAG, DBFMND: 40
DBFSPD: 100
Left Arm (on right part of screen):
HP: 372,570,000
ATK: 988,000
DEF: 2,560,000
MAG: 8,488,000
MND: 18,800,000
SPD: 30,000
ACC: 108
FIR: 50
CLD: 200
WND: 100
NTR, MYS: 200
SPI: 500
DRK: 50
PHY, ???, PSN: 100
PAR, HVY: 0
SHK: 100
TRR, SIL: 0
DBFATK, DBFDEF, DBFMAG, DBFMND, DBFSPD: 200
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:06:21 AM by Rinnie »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2018, 12:03:23 AM »
Boss fights in 1 were all incredibly annoying because you couldn't see the health bar. If you wanted to not be completely blindsided by the boss entering a panic phase, you had to note down all the damage you did to them and compare it against their health number from the wiki to see how far through the fight you were. Not being able to tell at a glance if you were hitting weakness or not is similarly annoying, but much less tedious to cure via wiki.
I find the lack of health bar to have made fights more interesting, most times the boss enters a desperation phase it's after doing a move that drains the entire ATB bar, and in most cases its really not hard to get a feel for when it may start to happen even without counting damage numbers religiously, so you really should have at least some chance of preparation for it. I'll give you the point about weakness though.

I actually found HP bars more disappointing than anything, it's all nice and dandy shooting a boss with Nitori and then realising that you only need 2-3 more of them to win. The unpredictability of 1 was a pro not a con in this sense and forced you to play smarter all the time rather than just blasting the enemy away knowing how much was left.

« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2018, 12:35:41 AM »
I definitely prefer the MP system in 2, but I feel that the skillpoints have the same problem SP did in 1. Eventually, you just don't need to worry about it anymore and can simply take every single skill. Awakening just makes this limit a lot higher, but it's still there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2018, 12:39:36 AM »
Honestly, I feel like the problem is moreso that you can barely afford any skills for the first half of the game. Characters are more fun to use when they're got all their tricks. It really limits NG-ing most of the postgame characters, too.

« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2018, 12:46:44 AM »
Spoiler:
And here are the stats for
Spoiler:
True Dragon God
. Sorry for black text again, but spoiler is spoiler :)
Spoiler:
1st Phase, 1st Form:
Lv: 2,400
HP: 2,400,000,000
ATK: 11,800,000
DEF: 10,000,000
MAG: 14,400,000
MND: 10,000,000
SPD: 88,000
ACC: 120
FIR, CLD, WND, NTR, MYS: 100
SPI, DRK, PHY, ???, PSN: 100
PAR, HVY, SHK, TRR, SIL: 100
DBFATK, DBFDEF, DBFMAG, DBFMND, DBFSPD: 100
2nd Phase, 2nd Form:
HP: 899,000,000
ATK: 16,600,000
DEF: 10,000,000
MND: 10,000,000
FIR: 200,
CLD, WND: 100
NTR: 50
MYS, SPI, DRK: 100
PHY: 500
???: 100
PSN, PAR, HVY, SHK, TRR, SIL: 0
DBFATK, DBFDEF, DBFMAG, DBFMND, DBFSPD: 200
2nd Phase, 3rd Form:
HP: 677,000,000
ATK: 10,800,000
DEF: 5,000,000
MND: 5,000,000
SPD: 48,000
FIR: 100
CLD: 200
WND: 500
NTR, MYS, SPI: 100
DRK: 50
PSN, PAR, HVY, SHK, TRR, SIL: 200
DBFATK, DBFDEF, DBFMAG, DBFMND: 0
DBFSPD: 10
3rd Phase, 4th Form:
HP: 2,400,000,000
ATK: 12,800,000
DEF: 2,560,000
MAG: 12,800,000
MND: 2,560,000
SPD: 128,000
ACC: 200
FIR, CLD, WND, NTR: 66
MYS, SPI, DRK: 500
PSN, PAR, HVY, SHK, TRR, SIL: 200
DBFATK, DBFDEF, DBFMAG, DBFMND, DBFSPD: 0

« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2018, 01:01:58 AM »
Honestly, I feel like the problem is moreso that you can barely afford any skills for the first half of the game. Characters are more fun to use when they're got all their tricks. It really limits NG-ing most of the postgame characters, too.

Well, I'd think a solution would be to reduce the cost, start off with more points, but then only get a skill point every 5 or 10 levels, and cap out at some point. With a cap you can't just grab everything and forget about it.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2018, 01:57:18 AM »
Pretty much the problem I've constantly had with LoT2, when trying to restart to try a new team, is that going through the first parts of the game are so slow and painful that I usually get burnt out around third stratum and just sorta leave the file to rot. There's so many things I want to try but going through the entire game to try them is just too annoying, not to mention that everyone being more complex, but with so many different ways to boost them, ends up being so many resources to juggle that I'd rather not.

Granted, I've enjoyed doing Team 9, since I stuck with it to the super postgame, but that's still four people only. There's a reason why I'd rather just use a save that starts with normal postgame cleared and starts immediately at Plus Disk start, because that's when things get interesting.

This kind of thing does make me wonder if there's any way to turn off spell animations with Cheat Engine or something. Just to make things go along faster. That usually keeps my motivation going when I can just go through battles without sitting there watching animations for too long.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:59:18 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!