~Beyond the Border~ > Mystia's Stored Games

Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure

<< < (2/201) > >>

Stuffman:
> "I think you're from a lot further back than the era I keep thinking of...what was the last year you remember?"

Hello Purvis:

--- Quote from: Stuffman on February 17, 2018, 03:13:56 PM ---> "I think you're from a lot further back than the era I keep thinking of...what was the last year you remember?"

--- End quote ---

>"We didn't really keep track of numerical years," says Archer, shrugging.
>From what you gathered on the first day of the trip, she comes from some point before Britain unified. At least she's mentioned places like Mercia as being existent.

>_

Stuffman:
> Continue along to Rehoboth Beach!
> (Lament not stopping at Slaughter Beach.)

Hello Purvis:

--- Quote from: Stuffman on February 17, 2018, 10:17:04 PM ---> Continue along to Rehoboth Beach!
> (Lament not stopping at Slaughter Beach.)

--- End quote ---

>You hop back into the car and make your southward. The estimate that you were given is about an hour, and not having to dodge around any toll roads you certainly get there closer to it, just following state highway 1 most of the way. You enter Sussex County; Archer is starting to grumble more and more about pilfered English names; and traffic becomes heavier. You find yourself entering a metropolitan area; you gather it isn't one city so much as a bunch of little towns that just sort of grew into each other. And given the number of "Now entering..." signs you see, they are very concerned you don't mistake any one of them for any other town just across the street. It's not quite as large as what you're used to, but it's at least more familiar than the awful nowhere towns of Indiana and Ohio.
>Traffic gets about as bad as Chicago's shortly, and you quickly realize a non-trivial portion of it is vacationers. With a long sigh, you settle into crawling through traffic as you slowly but surely make your way toward West Rehoboth, and the selfsame beach. As you do, you notice a lot more hotels and lame chain restaurants popping up. This is definitely a resort town... It might be more tolerable to make your base  of operations a bit further inland. Then again...

>_

Jana:
>"The English were the ones to colonize this area, and they just re-used a lot of names they were already using."

Having all these people around will at least make it less likely that someone will magically ambush us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version