Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200366 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: Oliver Edition
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »
Soleil is pretty great considering she's in the most competitive color and movement group in the game. Firesweep sword is nuts.

Also, new FEH channel tonight before the tempest trials. Looks like we might be getting Askr upgrades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et5POVMQSEI

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »
I hope we get them some unit promotions.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2018, 09:10:50 PM »
I want some kind of Poke Pelago but with extra Fire Emblem units. There seemed to be a lot of content in that poll from a while back about some sort of town management/My Castle mode, so that kind of thing would be a neat use for spare units while also making the friends list actually matter.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2018, 12:52:57 AM »
Wiped out trying to get NY Azura. Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:34:18 AM by BT »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2018, 03:52:13 AM »
Alright, so I didn't catch 100% of the FEH Channel video but here's what I saw:

-Something something more dev maps (not sure if there was anything important before this, but that was when I tuned in).

-New limited training tower maps with reinforcements. Categorized by weapon type, so presumably they spawn easy enemies for that type to deal with.

-Anniversary banner featuring four popular heroes at 5% rates (Brave Lyn, Nephenee, Sigurd, and Brave Ike I think?).

-New game mode coming out as a limited event. Looks like a tower defense sort of minigame where you tap enemies just before they reach your side of the screen. Looks pretty fun.

-Legendary Ike is upcoming. He's got a sword, probably earth element, I don't think his abilities were revealed.

-New vote upcoming where players can vote for any unit in the game and whichever one is most popular gets distributed as a 5* to all players. (Music Festival Azura seems like the single most important unit in the game to me as far as characters everyone should have go, but they explicitly mention that Legendary Ike will be eligible so I think he's got a good shot.)

Edit: Oh yeah, 50 free orbs and daily hero battle reruns including Xander finally.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:05:57 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - now with rhythm games
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
If it weren't for the fact that Olivia is available for free, I'd say everyone should have a PA Azura for sure, but the case is a little more difficult to make because she is.

I'd say everyone deserves to have a mage flier in their barracks, probably Bunnilla, or HNowi even though she's probably the least good because she has Hone Fliers.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Conqueror

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2018, 06:46:25 AM »
Xander is coming back! Edible will finally get to +3 his.

The new game mode looks more like a rhythm game than a TD. Reminds me of my SIF days. Looking forward to see how the difficulty will rise.

I think the only other thing not mentioned in commandercool's post was daily special maps based on the summoning banners which add up to another 50 orbs on top of the 50 in box.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:48:56 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »
Xander finally the meme is dead

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2018, 05:21:00 PM »
If it weren't for the fact that Olivia is available for free, I'd say everyone should have a PA Azura for sure, but the case is a little more difficult to make because she is.

I'd say everyone deserves to have a mage flier in their barracks, probably Bunnilla, or HNowi even though she's probably the least good because she has Hone Fliers.

I feel like the power difference between Olivia and Azura is just so overwhelming that it still makes sense to consider Azura even though there's a cheap alternative. Half of my Arena losses to this day are because of that stupid Azura...

Halloween Nowi makes sense though. Getting Hone Fliers out there would be a worthy cause. Easter Camilla would be great as a universal answer to the game's most universal unit, but that build takes extremely heavy investment unfortunately. And I finally ran into a Negate Affinity Brave Lyn recently, which would probably become very common if Gronnraven became common.

There's probably some argument to be made for Elise too, but I don't think she's THAT much better than the next best cleric even if she is probably optimal.

Edible

« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2018, 05:29:02 PM »
Elincia or HNowi would be ideal as far as limited build options are concerned, but I'm pretty sure theorycrafting a reward is meaningless when the inevitable winner will be Hector or Lucina.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »
Meaningless, sure, but you gotta do it!

Are people excited about Hector and Lucina? I mean, I know they're popular characters but I feel like people have too many of them both. Then again more Hector is just another Distant Counter inherit at worst, which certainly isn't bad.

For sheer popularity of unit I'd think maybe Ike would stand a good chance. He hasn't been around for as long so people haven't had as many chances to happen to get him.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2018, 06:40:40 PM »
Ugh just did the Lyon Hero Battle on hard mode.... Klein, Minerva, and Ryoma were my main mvps after a few stupid gameovers because of miscalculating. l'm kinda surprised they made Lyon's voice a little deep l was expecting more soft ya know, ah but funny they did a small call back to Scared Stones with his GHB intro l couldn't help but laugh and go "Oh my childhood trauma."
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Conqueror

« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »
I think it'll be RD Ike.
Shiny new legendary unit, also the blowout winner of CYL, and no one has him yet so everyone could use an extra copy.
It looks like it'll be a multiround voting contest instead of a one-and-done affair though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2018, 07:34:02 AM »
hahahaha lol how'd this even happen!?

sorry ccool, your Camilla emblem dreams have to be postponed because Veronica stole her spot by 1000 votes

like, I can understand Eirika fans seeing her in 3rd rallying behind her to push her to win, but not Veronica how'd this happen this is so bizarre

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
Overall, I'm a little disappointed but certainly not surprised and not THAT disappointed. Congratulations to the fans of the winners. We'll get 'em next time.

Edible

« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2018, 02:01:28 PM »
I hope Brave Veronica is just her riding shotgun on Xander's horse.

commandercool

• alter cool

Edible

« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »
Yeah, exactly like that. (was hoping someone would get the reference!)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
Needs sidecar.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »
Hector hell here we come... lol.

Also yay Veronica unit at last!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2018, 05:30:09 PM »
haha holy shit, I was not expecting dark horse veronica. She was in like- 5th! I thought Eirika would take it.

I am -far- from displeased though.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2018, 06:39:52 PM »
Yay

Conqueror

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2018, 08:12:38 PM »
Memes won.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
so this is weird, my free pull got me a Takumi. Not only is this the first ever 5* I've pulled on the free pull, it's Takumi, whom I haven't ever pulled once since launch. And it's doubly ironic since this is from what's essentially the anniversary banner when he was the bane of my existence a year ago (pre/early-SI full Fliers team, ho boy).

Well I have no use for the kid so I'm trying to look up some use for his Close Counter, but is it just me or there's not a whole lot of good options for it? Giving it to armors is obviously the best solution but outside of that it gets a little fuzzy. I think Boey is the best mage user for it but he already has his niche as a great ReinLyn counter. I can imagine some hilarious build with Azama using Miracle, Dazzling Pain+, Savage Blow 6, and Vantage but it seems a little wasteful to use it on him. I foresee myself holding onto Takumi for quite a long while.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »
Close Counter is pretty limited honestly. I'd think it would be nice on Robin but he kind of needs Triangle Adept to be Robin so it doesn't fit. Maaaybe a super-offensive mage of some kind?

Meanwhile I'm doing pulls on green on the Legendary Ike banner trying to find GAzura merges (one so far!) and it's just wall-to-wall Gunters. At one point I had pulled four Gunters in five pulls. Plz expunge Gunter from game, I'm sick of seeing him...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2018, 04:38:36 PM »
Gotten Fjorm's sister yay now to go on a spree to get Takumi...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
Must be fun being Micaiah

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2018, 07:13:57 PM »
Oh boy 193 orbs total let's roll the RNG dice:

First Roll set: 2 grey, 2 reds, and 1 blue.

Result: dupe 3* Azama, dupe 3* Selena/Severa, dupe 4* Robin, dupe 4* Adult Tiki, and dupe 4* Lachesis.

Comment: Oh boy it's time for RNG to taunt me!

=====================
Second Roll set: 2 green, 1 red, and 2 blue.

Result: Brave Lucina, dupe 4* Raven, another dupe 4* Raven, dupe 3* Shanna, and dupe 3* Hinata.

Comment: At least it wasn't a dupe 5* l say as RNG sharpens the butcher knife behind my back....
====================
Third Roll set: 1 green, 2 reds, 1 Grey, and 1 blue.

Result: dupe 3* Palla, dupe 4* Gwendolyn, dupe 4* Hawkeye, dupe 4* Lilina, and dupe 4* Leon.

Comment: Knew it.
====================
Fourth Roll set: 2 greens, 2 reds, and 1 Grey.

Result: dupe 3* Sophia, dupe 4* Raven, dupe 4* Raven AGAlN, dupe 3* adult Tiki, and dupe 4* Clarine.

Comment: lt's being meeean.
=====================
Fifth Roll set: 2 greens, 2 blues, and 1 Grey.

Result: dupe 4* Gordin, dupe 4* Merric, dupe 4* Donnel, dupe 4* Titania, dupe 4* Effie.

Comment: Now starting to panic....
=====================
Sixth Roll set: 3 reds, 1 blues, and 1 Grey.

Result: dupe 3* Hana, dupe 3* Laslow/lndigo, dupe 3* Robin, dupe 4* Seliph, and dupe 4* Virion.

Comment: Desire detection too stronk!!!!
============================
Seventh Roll set: 2 reds, 2 blues, and 1 Green.

Result: 5* Sigbert, dupe 4* Oboro, dupe 4* Sheena, dupe 4* Effie, and dupe 4* Lilina.

Comment: At least that's another off the list.
Eighth Roll set: 1 blue, and 4 Greens.

Result: dupe 3* Arthur, dupe 4* Cecilia, dupe 3* Nino, dupe 3* Gunther, and dupe 3* Sully.

Comment: Cuc'd by RNG AGAlN!!!!!
Last Roll Set: 3 blues and 2 reds.

Result: dupe 3* FCorrin, dupe 4* Abel, dupe 4* Gwendolyn, dupe 4* Hana, and dupe 3* Palla

Comment: This is fine l say as everything is burning around me....

Gah... never gonna get Takumi never even with boosted rates!!!! -table flip-

Conqueror

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »
I wonder why they gave us 11 days to vote for A Hero Rises, and that's not even counting the second round. Seems a bit on the long side. Even CYL was only 7 days.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »
Infernal Valter is still as Infernal Valter-y as ever. Anyone got a good strategy?